Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,736 members, 7,820,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye (38168 Views)

Who Owns Lagos? By Sam Omatseye / Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. / Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Afam4eva(m): 4:50pm On May 12, 2012
When i hear stuff like this, all i can do is just laugh at the myopic disposition that's displayed by people like Sam. While, i think Yorubas are accomodating but that does not make them the most accomodating group in Nigeria. Infact, it's a very stupid thing to say. Maybe it should have been "Lagos Yorubas or Lagos Ingegenes are accomodating". Even that sounds stupid because Yorubas live in every corner of this country and i challenge any Yoruba man to come out and tell us why they feel their hosts are not accomodating. It's also myopic not to consider the fact that lagos just like Abuja is now, used to be the federal capital territory, so ordinarily it should be the behive of ethnic congregation. Why were other Yoruba states not listed alongside lagos? That's shows that Sam is just being mischievous.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by bashr8: 4:51pm On May 12, 2012
amosy007:
atleast they boast of lagos... Gimme a city igbo can boast off? Dnt tell port harcout o
why wont i mention ph , na ur papa get am ? we have ph , enugu , onitsha , owerri ,asaba ,aba.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by melodyirish(m): 4:52pm On May 12, 2012
Come BLUETOOTH OR BLACKTOOTH. Wat eva u call ur self. Don't u eva insult IGBO like dat again. Ur talkin abt accommodation by yorubas. I can see hw u are accommodating our brothers in the north, by killing them with bomb. Is it not the same so call yoruba man is the leader of boko haram sect. Ur here insulting the tribe dat put food on ur table evry day. I disagree wit dis thread. Yorubas are the worst ppl u can trust wit ur life, even hausa ppl are better dan u ppl. Lazy tribe

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Brixtonyute(m): 4:52pm On May 12, 2012
I read something about Yoruba people who have been living in Ivory coast since for more than five generations, yet they don't consider themselves to be Ivorians.. They're still Yoruba, and Nigerians...

It happens in every country.. Even in America, the native Americans still own their country; despite being powerless... they have their own passport, which is different from the American passport.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Afam4eva(m): 4:52pm On May 12, 2012
alj harem:

My brother diversity in terms of Nigeria ethnic groups that is what I meant. We can use your standards as well, Port harcourt has bonny Island which could be said to be the Oil capital of Nigeria.

Even at that, Ibadan in terms of Nigeria ethnic groups is far more diverse than Port harcourt. Quote me anywhere
Your atttempt at ignorance is very funny. How's Ibadan more diverse than PH? PH is the most diverse city in Nigeria after lagos and arguably Abuja.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by bashr8: 4:53pm On May 12, 2012
papatosibe:

The Yoruba people in PH are expats. Most of them are doing well in the SW before moving to PH. The Ibos on the other hand move to the SW for the proverbial greener pastures, just the way Nigerians move to the UK and US for higher living standards. You need to pay attention to details.
yea right is that the new consolation , i gues the yorubas in onitsha , enugu , north , warri ,calabar are all expatriats too, being dumb should be a crime in nigeria.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 12, 2012
bashr8: why wont i mention ph , na ur papa get am ? we have ph , enugu , onitsha , owerri ,asaba ,aba.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by amosy007: 4:55pm On May 12, 2012
alj harem:

Whatever, Lagos port was built by the british isn't it ? Was it built by Igbos CAPITAL N O, NO

Ibeto got nothing to do with Lagos. Major investors in Lagos are

1. Private Banks (mostly by Hausa and Yoruba)

2. Private Oil companies ( British and others)

3. Adenuga

5. Dangote

6. Ben bruce

7. Otedola

8. Dantata

9. Jimoh

10. Tinubu

That is all !!! so stop claiming ok !!!
chei na true... U mentioned almost ten richest men in africa and no igboman? Chei then where is the claim of being the most industrious people now... Chai
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Chinom(m): 4:55pm On May 12, 2012
alj harem:

Whatever, Lagos port was built by the british isn't it ? Was it built by Igbos CAPITAL N O, NO

Ibeto got nothing to do with Lagos. Major investors in Lagos are

1. Private Banks (mostly by Hausa and Yoruba)

2. Private Oil companies ( British and others)

3. Adenuga

5. Dangote

6. Ben bruce

7. Otedola

8. Dantata

9. Jimoh

10. Tinubu

That is all !!! so stop claiming ok !!!

BEN BRUCE ? !!, Kai... Read between the lines, my friend. It's much deeper than those you just mentioned. I only concur on Dangote. Adenuga is a lackey. We know who owns him. The juice is in the medium level ecomonics and the Igbos control that.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by bashr8: 4:56pm On May 12, 2012
afam4eva: When i hear stuff like this, all i can do is just laugh at the myopic disposition that's displayed by people like Sam. While, i think Yorubas are accomodating but that does not make them the most accomodating group in Nigeria. Infact, it's a very stupid thing to say. Maybe it should have been "Lagos Yorubas or Lagos Ingegenes are accomodating". Even that sounds stupid because Yorubas live in every corner of this country and i challenge any Yoruba man to come out and tell us why they feel their hosts are not accomodating. It's also myopic not to consider the fact that lagos just like Abuja is now, used to be the federal capital territory, so ordinarily it should be the behive of ethnic congregation. Why were other Yoruba states not listed alongside lagos? That's shows that Sam is just being mischievous.
exactly my point, they are yet to come out and tell us how yorubas are maltreated in other southern regions that made them come to this conclusion
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by eherbal(m): 4:57pm On May 12, 2012
saintneo:

@the fool called Bluetooth

this goes to show how unintelligent you are in using words to express your opinion. Firstly, someone sang the praise of Yoruba, why won't sing the psalms of Igbo. Secondly, I never insulted anyone nor tribe in my post.
Bluetooth, you must be green with envy when you see that your visitors are progressing;
while you stay put on your Windows98 computer retrogressing.

Learn to appreciate other people.
yeah,I agree with you.Your progress is through the back door;drugs,kidnapping,advance fee fraud,Rituals,Robbery etc.Very enterprising,the Igbo people.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by bashr8: 5:00pm On May 12, 2012
e-herbal:
yeah,I agree with you.Your progress is through the back door;drugs,kidnapping,advance fee fraud,Rituals,Robbery etc.Very enterprising,the Igbo people.
and yorubas are masters in 419 , faud , rituals , one chnce kidnapping, credit card scam, armed robbery , political robbery ,beggers thats why apart from lagos every other yoruba city is a shamful village

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by bandely(m): 5:01pm On May 12, 2012
When any issue concerns Yoruba on this forum, you guys are quick to attack them. I wonder what is in it for you. But then, this isn't the case in the real world. Please wake up!

Haterz gon hate - Beaf 2012 grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Chinom(m): 5:02pm On May 12, 2012
papatosibe:

It has always been about geography and demography. I am surprised it took you this long to realize that.

Now retreat to the vulgar sewer hole you came out of wink

If it has always been about geography and demography, then the Red Indians own the entire USA and Canada. Get real, Bro.

P/S: Moderator, stop tossing my comments. this is my 2nd attempt.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 12, 2012
e-herbal:

Including baby industry,drug trafficking and fake products in that lists.They claim to be best tenant yet sell their products to us and rob us.Very disgusting folks. tongue tongue cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by aljharem(m): 5:03pm On May 12, 2012
One day Kasala go burst for you noise makers.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 5:05pm On May 12, 2012
bashr8: and yorubas are masters in 419 , faud , rituals , one chnce kidnapping, credit card scam, armed robbery , political robbery ,beggers thats why apart from lagos every other yoruba city is a shamful village

Seems you want it the highway ? Osisikanku is smiling at you even clifford sef. cheesy

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by ikeyman00(m): 5:05pm On May 12, 2012
@@@@@@@@@@@

useless thread

next time im in naija im gona ask the yaribas in Akwa who is the most accomodating abi?

useless thread

accommodatin ni? rubbish rubbish

then reciprocating factor right here is the igbo are the unity variable that drive the country kiss it or leave it!

alj boko harem u agree

these Yoruba does my headin i swear; always talk rubbish
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by eherbal(m): 5:05pm On May 12, 2012
afam4eva: When i hear stuff like this, all i can do is just laugh at the myopic disposition that's displayed by people like Sam. While, i think Yorubas are accomodating but that does not make them the most accomodating group in Nigeria. Infact, it's a very stupid thing to say. Maybe it should have been "Lagos Yorubas or Lagos Ingegenes are accomodating". Even that sounds stupid because Yorubas live in every corner of this country and i challenge any Yoruba man to come out and tell us why they feel their hosts are not accomodating. It's also myopic not to consider the fact that lagos just like Abuja is now, used to be the federal capital territory, so ordinarily it should be the behive of ethnic congregation. Why were other Yoruba states not listed alongside lagos? That's shows that Sam is just being mischievous.
on the level of employment in the state and Lg level in the eastern states,how many of your governors employ non igbos?even one of the eastern governors had to sack non state indigenes of igbos descent.Just. Incredible.Intolerant bastardss.in lagos and other western regions,there's igbo,hausa,tivs,edo,rivers,etci it's employ think,think.

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 5:09pm On May 12, 2012
ikeyman00: @@@@@@@@@@@

useless thread

next time im in naija im gona ask the yaribas in Akwa who is the most accomodating abi?

useless thread

accommodatin ni? rubbish rubbish

then reciprocating factor right here is the igbo are the unity variable that drive the country kiss it or leave it!

alj boko harem u agree

these Yoruba does my headin i swear; always talk rubbish

I feel your pain bro.Omatseye will write something very soon about okoro but that will have to wait till you guys have goodnews to offer not marginalization,ibo presidency and the other irritating stuffs about ibos that abound around. tongue

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 12, 2012
I am sick and tired of the Ibo fu ckers on here always derailing a thread that has anything to do remotely with Yorubas. Why dont you fu ckers just get your own forum and call it BiafraLand, heck i will write the code for free.....Dang! is Yoruba Di-ck that sweet to suck? Pls take your low self esteem issues somewhere else.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by EkoIle1: 5:12pm On May 12, 2012
Irrelevant ibo people still don't know about their irrelevant status in Nigeria. Clueless people. SMH

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by dayokanu(m): 5:12pm On May 12, 2012
~Bluetooth:

I feel your pain bro.Omatseye will write something very soon about okoro but that will have to wait till you guys have goodnews to offer not marginalization,ibo presidency and the other irritating stuffs about ibos that abound around. tongue

Osuji has written comprehensively about Ibos

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 12, 2012
e-herbal:
on the level of employment in the state and Lg level in the eastern states,how many of your governors employ non igbos?[b]even one of the eastern governors had to sack non state indigenes of igbos descent.[/b]Just. Incredible.Intolerant bastardss.in lagos and other western regions,there's igbo,hausa,tivs,edo,rivers,etci it's employ think,think.

That is the man right here.He's theodore orji. cheesy grin

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by amosy007: 5:12pm On May 12, 2012
bashr8: why wont i mention ph , na ur papa get am ? we have ph , enugu , onitsha , owerri ,asaba ,aba.
ph is south south... And can u compare dose villages enugu owerim abi wetin u call an.. Can u compare them with lagos or ibadan?
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by bashr8: 5:12pm On May 12, 2012
e-herbal:
on the level of employment in the state and Lg level in the eastern states,how many of your governors employ non igbos?even one of the eastern governors had to sack non state indigenes of igbos descent.Just. Incredible.Intolerant bastardss.in lagos and other western regions,there's igbo,hausa,tivs,edo,rivers,etci it's employ think,think.
total rubbish who told you non igos are not employed in south east , if they are non igbos they who exactly were sacked by TA orji abi na ghost , you people need to grow some brain ur dumbness is becoming irritating.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Afam4eva(m): 5:12pm On May 12, 2012
e-herbal:
Why are you just using lagos as a yardstick? What happened to Oyo, Ondo, Ogun, osun and Ekiti? Are they not Yoruba states? Btw, Former enugu governor appointed a Yoruba man as a special adviser in the state. Orji Kalu built a mosque for muslims in Abia state the state fund. How accomodating can one be? Once again, provide proof of the accomodating nature of Yorubas in other SW states other than lagos.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by eherbal(m): 5:12pm On May 12, 2012
bashr8: and yorubas are masters in 419 , faud , rituals , one chnce kidnapping, credit card scam, armed robbery , political robbery ,beggers thats why apart from lagos every other yoruba city is a shamful village
see my problem with you people?you run out of ideas you steal peoples own.must you echo my allegations.try to be creative and come up with your own.shameful village you call the Yoruba land?have you been to your God forsaken gully cursed village recently?I guess not!

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by ikeyman00(m): 5:13pm On May 12, 2012
@@@@

useless thread

never gona make sense
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by bashr8: 5:13pm On May 12, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Seems you want it the highway ? Osisikanku is smiling at you even clifford sef. cheesy
the same way yoruba ritualist are smilling at you
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Afam4eva(m): 5:13pm On May 12, 2012
@Bluetooth
I implore you to desist from derailing this wonderful thread with your tribal chauvinism pls.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 5:14pm On May 12, 2012
bashr8: the same way yoruba ritualist are smilling at you

Dude get a fu-ckin life or get off this Yoruba owned Forum! You freakin scum of the earth!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Governor El-Rufai's Joke About PDP Fighting Corruption Better Than APC In 2019 / Tinubu Refers To Atiku As 'Former Senate President' (Video) / Reno Omokri Returns To Nigeria, Meets NSA, Nuhu Ribadu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.