Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,307 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye (38165 Views)

Who Owns Lagos? By Sam Omatseye / Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. / Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by ypzilanti: 6:53pm On May 12, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Will you take away this nonsense away from here or do you think we are talking about the best in armed robbery and kidnapping ni ? Ode

@topic

Sam is just asserting what has been known to the whole world.IF YORUBAS WERE HAUSAS,THEY WOULD HAVE BOMBED THE HELL OUT OF THOSE STRANGERS ON THEIR LAND.we are indeed God's own people and I'm so proud to be a YORUBA.We are not arrogant,we are just better than you. tongue tongue

Dude, na you again with the tribal drivel?

Kindly inform us of your achievements as an individual? I always find it's the lowest forms of life in all tribes that are the most tribal. Latching unto every achievement of a tribesperson as thier own.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:53pm On May 12, 2012
afam4eva:
Are you neutral? No.

Anyone who's neutral could say so because majority of Nigerians live in Lagos. Even if there are 15 million Igbos in lagos and 500 Yorubas in Enugu, it does not make the Yorubas more accomodating. If we follow your line of thought, it mean New York is the most accomodating city in the US.

Yea, just b'cos every nationalities are found in newyork simply means they are the most accomodating of all American cities !
And guess what in US they have the phrase "southern hospitality" but these same people that pride themselves on good hospitality are the most racist ppl on this earth ! I am very disappointed at the those who are here jubilating over an article written on a clear bias and uninformed judgement !
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 12, 2012
Sam omatseye is just doing what most journalists do these days for survival;lik tha arrse of politicians. Most people irrespective of tribe who grew up in jos will not come up with that kind of omatseye write up about yoruba being most accomodating bla bla bla.there are many yoruba in enugu,calabar,uyo,ph,jos and these people will gladly tell you that their host communities are very accomodating.media practioners should not indulge in such divisive tribal statements.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 12, 2012
dayokanu:

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/download/701886[/img]

Even the map above shows more SW cities. There is no way you want to look at it SW >> SE whether na population of development

better yet....SW+SE=SW;since SW >> SE-------(1) SE+1=1 since SE << 1------(2)..nothing to solve for here my friends so move on!

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Afam4eva(m): 6:56pm On May 12, 2012
chima12: Sam omatseye is just doing what most journalists do these days for survival;lik tha arrse of politicians. Most people irrespective of tribe who grew up in jos will not come up with that kind of omatseye write up about yoruba being most accomodating bla bla bla.there are many yoruba in enugu,calabar,uyo,ph,jos and these people will gladly tell you that their host communities are very accomodating.media practioners should not indulge in such divisive tribal statements.
My point exactly.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by eherbal(m): 6:56pm On May 12, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

People treat Igbos like outcaste ? You are very ignorant! you should have given me facts that made you think yorubas are best at accomodating instead of this your weak one-liner response. Go back in the house!
your mental state of health comes under scrutiny once again.I said what did your father do not what did the igbos do?

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Arysexy(m): 6:57pm On May 12, 2012
jason/alj haram itsekiri/edo, igbo/kanuri/awori/Yoruba/nupe/cow!

How can u si.lly animals claim Yoruba is accomodating?

Do u know i spent 14months in lagos before i get a house? reason being dat am an igbo? about 6 Yoruba stupid landlords asked me if am igbo and my affirmation cost me d houses. where am staying presently is owned by a delta man and there are both Yoruba, igbo, calabar tenants. Have u asked yourselves why igbo people are buying up any available land in lagos to build their own house? Bc theyknow wot they face in d hands of wicked Yoruba landlords. Yoruba are very wicked set of people especially those with oyo tribal marks. If u dont 'dobale' to greet them, u are an enemy. Y are u pple bragging about lagos as if Yoruba developed lagos? even in lagos Yorubas are sidelined to d remote areas of mushin, ajegunle, ikotun, oshodi, iyana ipaja. Go to those area and see Yoruba dirty trademarks on display.

if lagos been a former capital and as a result accomodates every tribe in nigeria can be used as yardstick to promote Yoruba as d most accomodating, then other states like abeokuta, akure, ekiti, oshogbo etc shuldnt be considered Yoruba states, maybe lagos = Yoruba. others are not Yoruba
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:58pm On May 12, 2012
jason123:

I can never trust anything you say b'cos your hatred for the Igbos is very clear hence you lack the sound mind to make a good judgement!
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 12, 2012
Arysexy: jason/alj haram itsekiri/edo, igbo/kanuri/awori/Yoruba/nupe/cow!

Do u know i spent 14months in lagos before i get a house? reason being dat am an igbo? about 6 Yoruba stupid landlords asked me if am igbo and my affirmation cost me d houses. where am staying presently is owned by a delta man and there are both Yoruba, igbo, calabar tenants. Have u asked yourselves why igbo people are buying up any available land in lagos to build their own house? Bc theyknow wot they face in d hands of wicked Yoruba landlords. Yoruba are very wicked set of people especially those with oyo tribal marks. If u dont 'dobale' to greet them, u are an enemy. Y are u pple bragging about lagos as if Yoruba developed lagos? even in lagos Yorubas are sidelined to d remote areas of mushin, ajegunle, ikotun, oshodi, iyana ipaja. Go to those area and see Yoruba dirty trademarks on display.

if lagos been a former capital and as a result accomodates every tribe in nigeria can be used as yardstick to promote Yoruba as d most accomodating, then other states like abeokuta, akure, ekiti, oshogbo etc shuldnt be considered Yoruba states, maybe lagos = Yoruba. others are not Yoruba

LOL....to be honest that was phuckin hilarious!
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by jason123: 7:00pm On May 12, 2012
Arysexy: jason/alj haram itsekiri/edo, igbo/kanuri/awori/Yoruba/nupe/cow!

Exactly, it's because you are Igbo that is why they would not want to rent the house to you(BTW, THE SAME THING HAPPENS IN PORT-HARCOURT, BENIN CITY AND THE NORTH). After read these comments, who in their right mind will want to rent to you?!

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Frostyzone(m): 7:01pm On May 12, 2012
jason123:

Patronising?! Bruv, I am not. It is a FACT!!!!! What stats do I need to prove that?! Anyone who is neutral will say the same thing!
I'm neutral and you are full of crap.
I'm a yoruba man on my Dad's side but I hate the way this thread had quickly turned to tribal hate thread being spear-headed by you.
I hate racism of any kind and reading some of your comments makes me sick.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by jason123: 7:01pm On May 12, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

I can never trust anything you say b'cos your hatred for the Igbos is very clear hence you lack the sound mind to make a good judgement!

How can I hate Igbos when I am about marrying one?! undecided
Dude, come up with something better!!!
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 7:03pm On May 12, 2012
ypzilanti:

Dude, na you again with the tribal drivel?

Kindly inform us of your achievements as an individual? I always find it's the lowest forms of life in all tribes that are the most tribal. Latching unto every achievement of a tribesperson as thier own.

O boy . . . The probability that I'm far ahead of you is 100,so no need bragging about anything here.mind sharing yours with me and please dont include armed robbery and kidnapping o. cheesy cheesy
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:03pm On May 12, 2012
engineerd:

better yet....SW+SE=SW;since SW >> SE-------(1) SE+1=1 since SE << 1------(2)..nothing to solve for here my friends so move on!

Mr.engineerd,has the topic changed ? I dey laugh sef grin grin
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by dasparrow: 7:04pm On May 12, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

No, you reply my post you c.o.ck suckling b.i.t.ch ! This is what keeps your hole wet !

Ugh! By the way, I hope you know Alhaji Harem is a MALE right? So I am not sure why you are addressing a fellow male in such vulgar sexist perverse language. Anyway, carry on.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by jason123: 7:05pm On May 12, 2012
Frostyzone:
I'm neutral and you are full of crap.
I'm a yoruba man on my Dad's side but I hate the way this thread had quickly turned to tribal hate thread being spear-headed by you.
I hate racism of any kind and reading some of your comments makes me sick.

SHUT UP! What does this have to do with your ethnicity?! I have insulted Yorubas before so I say again, to hell with your Yoruba. That has nothing to do with me. Must you tell me your ethnic group? Your comment shows that you are the bias person. What does "Yorubas are accommodating" have to do with IGBO.

Note: no other ethnic group went up in arms apart from the Igbos. Please read the whole thread before commenting!

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by PrinceDudu(m): 7:06pm On May 12, 2012
chima12: Sam omatseye is just doing what most journalists do these days for survival;lik tha arrse of politicians. Most people irrespective of tribe who grew up in jos will not come up with that kind of omatseye write up about yoruba being most accomodating bla bla bla.there are many yoruba in enugu,calabar,uyo,ph,jos and these people will gladly tell you that their host communities are very accomodating.media practioners should not indulge in such divisive tribal statements.

Dude, you just said my mind. wink wink
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by amosy007: 7:06pm On May 12, 2012
jason123:

I started the thread??! You are funny! It is known fact the Yorubas and SSoutherns are the most accommodating!
very true

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Afam4eva(m): 7:07pm On May 12, 2012
jason123:

SHUT UP! What does this have to do with your ethnicity?! I have insulted Yorubas before so I say again, to hell with your Yoruba. That has nothing to do with me. Must you tell me your ethnic group? Your comment shows that you are the bias person. What does "Yorubas are the most accommodating" have to do with IGBO.

Note: no other ethnic group went up in arms apart from the Igbos. Please read the whole thread before commenting!

Corrected.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:08pm On May 12, 2012
jason123:

How can I hate Igbos when I am about marrying one?! undecided
Dude, come up with something better!!!

May the evil which you wish on innocent Igbos who has done nothing to you return to you in ten folds; may childlesness become your portion !!!
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 12, 2012
chima12: Sam omatseye is just doing what most journalists do these days for survival;lik tha arrse of politicians. Most people irrespective of tribe who grew up in jos will not come up with that kind of omatseye write up about yoruba being most accomodating bla bla bla.there are many yoruba in enugu,calabar,uyo,ph,jos and these people will gladly tell you that their host communities are very accomodating.media practioners should not indulge in such divisive tribal statements. grin

Good point. The article, no doubt, contains exaggerated claims. A better caption would have read like this: Yorubas are one of the most accommodating groups in Nigeria. The article should be read in the context of advocating a special status for Lagos. He went weird and concocted whatever his mind could fathom to justify his assertion possibly for reasons best known to him.

The East, the South and some part of the North devoid of virulent strain of Islam are as accommodating as the West. But no matter the claims of Sam, the article remains his opinion and in most cases you either agree or disagree with him. If anyone feels strongly about it, one can write a rejoinder, but we don't need to reduce it to Igbo versus Yoruba affair.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by jason123: 7:11pm On May 12, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

May the evil which you wish on innocent Igbos who has done nothing to you return to you in ten folds; may childlesness become your portion !!!

God forbid it for me and her! May the curse return to you in 100 folds!

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Afam4eva(m): 7:12pm On May 12, 2012
bayooooooo:

Good point. The article, no doubt, contains exaggerated claims. A better caption would have read like this: Yorubas are one of the most accommodating groups in Nigeria. The article should be read in the context of advocating a special status for Lagos. He went weird and concocted whatever his mind could fathom to justify his assertion possibly for reasons best known to him.

The East, the South and some part of the North devoid of virulent strain of Islam are as accommodating as the West. But no matter the claims of Sam, the article remains his opinion and in most cases you either agree or disagree with him. If anyone feels strongly about it, one can write a rejoinder, but we don't need to reduce it to Igbo versus Yoruba affair.
God will bless you. if every Nigerian can have just 50% of your logic and detribalized skills then Nigeria would be better for it.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by jason123: 7:12pm On May 12, 2012
bayooooooo:

EXACTLY!!!
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by aljharem(m): 7:13pm On May 12, 2012
The more I read threads like. IGBOS angry angry angry angry
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 12, 2012
Trust me even if the thread was "Yorubas are the least accommodating" in Nigeria, the Ibo internet warriors will still want to fight for that title.Its pathetic. They love sucking Yoruba mushroom top....

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Arysexy(m): 7:16pm On May 12, 2012
Exactly, it's because you are Igbo that is why they would not want to rent the house to you(BTW, THE SAME THING HAPPENS IN PORT-HARCOURT, BENIN CITY AND THE NORTH). After read these comments, who in their right mind will want to rent to you?!

whether u rent or not, we keep on buying and building till we turn u all to tenants in lagos. u cant push us out of lagos dat was built with our collective wealth, u may do dat in abeokuta but not in lagos. dat the bitter fact!

people dat envy sucessful igbos cannot be said to be accomodating. omo ibo, omo ibo as if we made u pple paupers. silly lazy people!
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by aljharem(m): 7:16pm On May 12, 2012
even a non-tribal person would go tribal after reading the rubbish these Igbo bast.ards are writing angry

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Afam4eva(m): 7:18pm On May 12, 2012
alj harem: even a non-tribal person would go tribal after reading the rubbish these Igbo bast.ards are writing angry
Whenever i see your posts, i can't help but laugh. You're a comic relief my friend.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by aljharem(m): 7:18pm On May 12, 2012
Arysexy:

whether u rent or not, we keep on buying and building till we turn u all to tenants in lagos. u cant push us out of lagos dat was built with our collective wealth, u may do dat in abeokuta but not in lagos. dat the bitter fact!

people dat envy sucessful igbos cannot be said to be accomodating. omo ibo, omo ibo as if we made u pple paupers. silly lazy people!

I really hope you people big mouth don't land you into trouble one day.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by aljharem(m): 7:19pm On May 12, 2012
afam4eva:
Whenever i see your posts, i can't help but laugh. You're a comic relief my friend.

I am glad it makes you laugh. smiley
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 7:19pm On May 12, 2012
Arysexy:

How Ironic!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (25) (Reply)

Anambra Decides: Results Coming In / Police Storm Osun Ahead Of Governorship Election (Photos) / Fayose Speaks On Adeyeye’s Defection To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.