Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,367 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye (38166 Views)

Who Owns Lagos? By Sam Omatseye / Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. / Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 5:14pm On May 12, 2012
engineerd: I am sick and tired of the Ibo fu ckers on here always derailing a thread that has anything to do remotely with Yorubas. Why dont you fu ckers just get your own forum and call it BiafraLand, heck i will write the code for free.....Dang! is Yoruba Di-ck that sweet to suck? Pls take your low self esteem issues somewhere else.

Welcome to NL. . . .I thought you were complaining about moi the other day ? These guys are still and will always be bitter that our granny kick their asss. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by bashr8: 5:15pm On May 12, 2012
amosy007:
ph is south south... And can u compare dose villages enugu owerim abi wetin u call an.. Can u compare them with lagos or ibadan?
this is proof of how unintelligent yorubas are since you cant differentiate between where is igboland and where is southeast and south south even after multiple geography lessons here on nairaland, anyway lieteracy statistics done lie
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Chinom(m): 5:15pm On May 12, 2012
papatosibe:

That is a historical fact!

I won't quarrel over historical or geographical fact. But, would you try giving Jerusalem back to the Palestinians which is historically and geographically their's ?. In your wishfull thinking, do you think the Hausa's Igbos, Itsekiri's Edos etc will leave all their investments in lagos and pack out just because the Yorubas say so ?. Before Nigeria will be divided, the issue of Lagos and Abuja has to be properly dealt with. The Yorubas in lagos are doomed to be accommodating.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 12, 2012
afam4eva: @Bluetooth
I implore you to desist from derailing this wonderful thread with your tribal chauvinism pls.

Go away!
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by ikeyman00(m): 5:16pm On May 12, 2012
@@@@

ph is south south... And can u compare dose villages enugu owerim abi wetin u call an.. Can u compare them with lagos or ibadan?

yes we agree so long as u know lagos will always be no Yoruba land

by the way who own those high rise blocks in lagos

just askin

the 419 military?
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by bashr8: 5:17pm On May 12, 2012
engineerd:

Dude get a fu-ckin life or get off this Yoruba owned Forum! You freakin scum of the earth!
get out of here oloduwa, people like you are the reason nigerian starndard iq is 67. your just so dumb it cant be real
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by eherbal(m): 5:18pm On May 12, 2012
afam4eva:
Why are you just using lagos as a yardstick? What happened to Oyo, Ondo, Ogun, osun and Ekiti? Are they not Yoruba states? Btw, Former enugu governor appointed a Yoruba man as a special adviser in the state. Orji Kalu built a mosque for muslims in Abia state the state fund. How accomodating can one be? Once again, provide proof of the accomodating nature of Yorubas in other SW states other than lagos.
your level of concentratiin and logic diminishes by the hour.Did you read my post?I said"and every other western state".Now appointing a yoruba as special adviser is no news,but what makes news is making sure your employment quota is made up 30-35% of non indigenes as it operates in all yoruba states
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by dayokanu(m): 5:18pm On May 12, 2012
Chinom:

I won't quarrel over historical or geographical fact. But, would you try giving Jerusalem back to the Palestinians which is historically and geographically their's ?. In your wishfull thinking, do you think the Hausa's Igbos, Itsekiri's Edos etc will leave all their investments in lagos and pack out just because the Yorubas say so ?. Before Nigeria will be divided, the issue of Lagos and Abuja has to be properly dealt with. The Yorubas in lagos are doomed to be accommodating.

Insane

Did the Bosnians, Croats and Slovenians take their investment out of Belgrade when Yugoslavia broke up?

Did the Southern Sudanese take their investment in Khartoum with them when breaking up?

Uproot your building and shops from Alaba and take it with you no one would stop you

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 12, 2012
ikeyman00: @@@@

just askin

the 419 military?

Illiteracy is a disease.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by bashr8: 5:19pm On May 12, 2012
amosy007:
pls dont make me laugh , did you say ibadan? dont make us post pictures of yoruba cities, you should hide your facs in shame , how dare you compare abo ekiti, ibadan, abeokuta, ogbomoshot with beautiful igbo cities like enugu ,owerri , asaba ,umuahia smh
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 12, 2012
afam4eva: When i hear stuff like this, all i can do is just laugh at the myopic disposition that's displayed by people like Sam. While, i think Yorubas are accomodating but that does not make them the most accomodating group in Nigeria. Infact, it's a very stupid thing to say. Maybe it should have been "Lagos Yorubas or Lagos Ingegenes are accomodating". Even that sounds stupid because Yorubas live in every corner of this country and i challenge any Yoruba man to come out and tell us why they feel their hosts are not accomodating. It's also myopic not to consider the fact that lagos just like Abuja is now, used to be the federal capital territory, so ordinarily it should be the behive of ethnic congregation. Why were other Yoruba states not listed alongside lagos? That's shows that Sam is just being mischievous.

Yes,I should go away so you can spew this kind of nonsense abi ? What is wrong with okoros for amadioha sake ? tongue Your comment so far has shown that you are very tolerant ! shocked shocked
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by dayokanu(m): 5:20pm On May 12, 2012
bashr8: pls dont make me laugh , did you say ibadan? dont make us post pictures of yoruba cities, you should hide your facs in shame , how dare you compare abo ekiti, ibadan, abeokuta, ogbomoshot with beautiful igbo cities like enugu ,owerri , asaba ,umuahia smh

Kindly post the GDP of those states and compare it with those desolate Igbo states

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by polokor60(m): 5:21pm On May 12, 2012
the Yoruba's are very accomodating,among the various cities in sw,the ibadans are the most hospitable. cheesy
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 12, 2012
bashr8: get out of here oloduwa, people like you are the reason nigerian starndard iq is 67. your just so dumb it cant be real

LOL...with my standard IQ of 67, i bet i thump your entire family's average IQ and that of the flesh eating, stone gobbling, incest raved ethnic group you call ibo....OKORO, know ya place oh!
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by bashr8: 5:22pm On May 12, 2012
dayokanu:

Kindly post the GDP of those states and compare it with those desolate Igbo states
we have already done that several times on nairaland both population ,GDP, lieracy, healthcare, crime, poverty.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by bashr8: 5:24pm On May 12, 2012
engineerd:

LOL...with my standard IQ of 67, i bet i thump your entire family's average IQ and that of the flesh eating, stone gobbling, incest raved ethnic group you call ibo....OKORO, know ya place oh!
imagine yorubas that still pratice canibalism and ritual kiling till today talking about flesh eating. wetin person no go read for nairaland , dont you people have shame at all.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by amosy007: 5:24pm On May 12, 2012
e-herbal:
see my problem with you people?you run out of ideas you steal peoples own.must you echo my allegations.try to be creative and come up with your own.shameful village you call the Yoruba land?have you been to your God forsaken gully cursed village recently?I guess not!
are u saying igbo people like immitating? sad no wonder most fake/immitated products always come from aba and alaba sad

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 12, 2012
Ibo's on this Nairaland are synonymous to flies that keep hovering over one's head....The more you swat at them, the more they get irritating.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Onlytruth(m): 5:26pm On May 12, 2012
alj harem:

Whatever, Lagos port was built by the british isn't it ? Was it built by Igbos CAPITAL N O, NO

Ibeto got nothing to do with Lagos. Major investors in Lagos are

1. Sir Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu (Former President of the Lagos Stock Exchange (later converted to Nigerian stock exchange) cool

1a. Igbo business men and women who swell Lagos state coffers with their tax contributions.

2. Private Banks (mostly by Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba)

3. Private Oil companies ( British and others)

4. Adenuga

5. Dangote

6. Ben bruce

7. Otedola

8. Dantata

9. Jimoh

10. Tinubu

That is all !!! so stop claiming ok !!!

FIXED! cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by bashr8: 5:26pm On May 12, 2012
amosy007:
are u saying igbo people like immitating? sad no wonder most fake/immitated products always come from aba and alaba sad
shut up yorubas lack the iq to manufacture cars and other automobiles and machineris plus computers like igbos do , you are thousands of years behind i feel your pain.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by eherbal(m): 5:26pm On May 12, 2012
amosy007:
chei na true... U mentioned almost ten richest men in africa and no igboman? Chei then where is the claim of being the most industrious people now... Chai
their wealth are ill gotten and so doesn't last for long.Come to the markets on the island,it is saturated with the obituary of young igbo men,who had died through consequences arising mostly from money rituals. Their other causes of death. Are beheading due to drug related offences,shoot-out with police during robbery or kidnappings,etc
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by dayokanu(m): 5:28pm On May 12, 2012
bashr8: we have already done that several times on nairaland both population ,GDP, lieracy, healthcare, crime, poverty.

Rank State GDP (PPP$)

1 Lagos State 33,679,258,023

2 Rivers State 21,073,410,422

3 Delta State 16,749,250,544

4 Oyo State 16,121,670,484

5 Imo State 14,212,637,486

6 Kano State 12,393,103,864

7 Edo State 11,888,446,884

8 Akwa Ibom State 11,179,887,963

9 Ogun State 10,470,415,017

10 Kaduna State 10,334,763,785

11 Cross River State 9,292,059,207

12 Abia State 8,687,442,705

13 Ondo State 8,414,302,623

14 Osun State 7,280,597,521

15 Benue State 6,864,209,262

16 Anambra State 6,764,219,562

17 Katsina State 6,022,655,197

18 Niger State 6,002,007,080

19 Borno State 5,175,165,142

20 Plateau State 5,154,059,937

21 Sokoto State 4,818,615,261

22 Bauchi State 4,713,858,180

23 Kogi State 4,642,794,262

24 Adamawa State 4,582,045,246

25 Enugu State 4,396,590,769

26 Bayelsa State 4,337,065,923

27 Zamfara State 4,123,829,498

28 Kwara State 3,841,827,534

29 Taraba State 3,397,790,217

30 Kebbi State 3,290,847,166

31 Nassarawa State 3,022,828,885

32 Jigawa State 2,988,014,405

33 Ekiti State 2,848,372,512

34 Ebonyi State 2,732,472,739

35 Gombe State 2,500,467,306

36 Yobe State 2,011,499,081
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by amosy007: 5:28pm On May 12, 2012
bashr8: this is proof of how unintelligent yorubas are since you cant differentiate between where is igboland and where is southeast and south south even after multiple geography lessons here on nairaland, anyway lieteracy statistics done lie
u are still rantin rubbish... Kwara state is dominated by yoruba yet its not a south western state what does that tell u foool?
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by bashr8: 5:29pm On May 12, 2012
e-herbal:
their wealth are ill gotten and so doesn't last for long.Come to the markets on the island,it is saturated with the obituary of young igbo men,who had died through consequences arising mostly from money rituals. Their other causes of death. Are beheading due to drug related offences,shoot-out with police during robbery or kidnappings,etc
jelousy suprising its coming from yorubas known to be the biggest poitical thieves and armed robbers in yorubas and a region with the highest crime rate even apart from cosmopolitan lagos , smh
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by amosy007: 5:30pm On May 12, 2012
ikeyman00: @@@@

just askin

the 419 military?
mumu lagos is the 6th south west state... Mor0n
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by eherbal(m): 5:30pm On May 12, 2012
bashr8: imagine yorubas that still pratice canibalism and ritual kiling till today talking about flesh eating. wetin person no go read for nairaland , dont you people have shame at all.
ever heard of the human flesh eating people of abriba land?erm think it's located somewhere in the igboland.how about the otokoto saga?hmmmm,food for thought.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 12, 2012
Chinom:

If it has always been about geography and demography, then the Red Indians own the entire USA and Canada. Get real, Bro.

P/S: Moderator, stop tossing my comments. this is my 2nd attempt.

You have to violently take over Lagos first, then we you can force the locals to sign treaties that will allow you to do whatever you want in Lagos. Until you do that, you are in Lagos at the mercy of others ( The owners )

You can also extend this to other places with significant ibo populations like Kano and Kaduna, even Abuja. In fact, you can be like the original white settlers in America, you can take over the whole of Nigeria, but be prepared to fight.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 5:31pm On May 12, 2012
bashr8: shut up yorubas lack the iq to manufacture cars and other automobiles and machineris plus computers like igbos do , you are thousands of years behind i feel your pain.

Dude, you gave yourself away. Stick with selling spare parts in your poverty and disease stricken land in the east.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Afam4eva(m): 5:31pm On May 12, 2012
amosy007: u are still rantin rubbish... Kwara state is dominated by yoruba yet its not a south western state what does that tell u foool?
What a dunce....Is south-west a tribe? They're talking about tribes and you're displaying your 1diocy to the world.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by bashr8: 5:31pm On May 12, 2012
amosy007: u are still rantin rubbish... Kwara state is dominated by yoruba yet its not a south western state what does that tell u foool?
hahaha coward , suddenly its no longer yoruba state after northerns especially fulans who are not even indigens snatched it from you and northernes dared you that they are taking kwara if nigeria disintegrates, tomorrow now if we repeat what you said that kwara is not a yoruba state you will start shouting that we are calling it no mans land, we dey watch your stupidity.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by bashr8: 5:33pm On May 12, 2012
engineerd:

Dude, you gave yourself away. Stick with selling spare parts in your poverty and disease stricken land in the east.
is that all you could come up with , it still does not change the facts, yes we sell spare parts to all african countries but you forgot to mention that we manufacture those spare parts too right here in igboland which is a multi million dollar industry, like i said your thousands of years behind us
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Onlytruth(m): 5:34pm On May 12, 2012
@Topic

They basically have no choice because they need Igbo to bring enlightenment to their corner of Nigeria.
This my theory will be proven one day when we get the SE states international airports access and seaport at Onitsha starts functioning.
When these happen, there will be economic boom in the SE. After about a decade, we can then take the survey to determine which tribe is more accommodating. As long as Lagos maintain a near monopoly to international business access, other Nigerians will keep going there (never mind the hellish conditions).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Fayose Speaks On Adeyeye’s Defection To APC / Okuama Killing: President Tinubu Issues A Public Statement (pic) / Governor El-Rufai's Joke About PDP Fighting Corruption Better Than APC In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.