Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,379 members, 7,812,107 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

Should Women Have To Reveal Their "Real Hair" To Their Spouses Before Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Women Have To Reveal Their "Real Hair" To Their Spouses Before Marriage? (3201 Views)

Why Do These Beautiful Virgins Still Reveal Their Bodies (PHOTOS)? / Some Phrases Guys Says To Ladies And Their Real Meaning / Why Do Some Nigerian Girls Reveal Their Cleavages? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Women Have To Reveal Their "Real Hair" To Their Spouses Before Marriage? by Princek12(m): 12:32pm On May 15, 2012
My wonderful and intelligent people of Nairaland, my friend has been dated his girlfriend for about six months and said he wants to marry her. Anyway, the koko of the story is that he claims that she always wears a weave, that he has not gotten a chance to see what her real hair actually looks like, and that she has shunned his repeated requests to see her real hair.

While he claims he has no problem with her wearing a weave, he said that he would like to know what her real hair looks like before he pops the question. He asked her to take out the weave so that he can at least know what the natural hair of the lady that may be his wife looks like. She has, however, vehemently refused to reveal her real hair to her boyfriend, claiming that he should accept her the way she is and that she was wearing a weave when he met her.

He argues, however, that he loves her and appreciates her the way she is, but that it is important for him to know the condition or status of the hair of the lady who may one day be his wife, and that her failure to reveal her real hair implies she has something to hide and does not constitute full disclosure and forthrightness, which are prerequisites of a good relationship. In addition, he claims his mother has warned him never to marry a lady without knowing the condition of her real hair.

Nairalanders, what do you think?
Re: Should Women Have To Reveal Their "Real Hair" To Their Spouses Before Marriage? by slimyem: 12:44pm On May 15, 2012
....brb!cheesy
Re: Should Women Have To Reveal Their "Real Hair" To Their Spouses Before Marriage? by Goldieluks: 12:45pm On May 15, 2012
The girl in question is kidding herself seriously. Who knows she may or may not be hiding something from him, concerning her hair. Fact is, the guy in question has every right to see her real hair,especially since he's planning to wed her.
Re: Should Women Have To Reveal Their "Real Hair" To Their Spouses Before Marriage? by Princek12(m): 1:00pm On May 15, 2012
Goldieluks: The girl in question is kidding herself seriously. Who knows she may or may not be hiding something from him, concerning her hair. Fact is, the guy in question has every right to see her real hair,especially since he's planning to wed her.

I do agree with you.
Re: Should Women Have To Reveal Their "Real Hair" To Their Spouses Before Marriage? by MrsChima(f): 1:35pm On May 15, 2012
SMH.
Re: Should Women Have To Reveal Their "Real Hair" To Their Spouses Before Marriage? by Beync(f): 1:54pm On May 15, 2012
There is this girl I used to know in school, for five good yrs no one could see what her hair look like. She wore wigs 2 4 7, girls became scared of her becos if u attempt to touch her wig u r in trouble. Mehn u have every right to check on her hair. If there is anything she don't have to hide it from u till ur wedding night.
Re: Should Women Have To Reveal Their "Real Hair" To Their Spouses Before Marriage? by Idowuogbo(f): 1:55pm On May 15, 2012
Actually deres sense in dis nonsense.NOT!!! So he is holding bck on proposal cus he hasn't seen her real hair? Silly dude!
Re: Should Women Have To Reveal Their "Real Hair" To Their Spouses Before Marriage? by Princek12(m): 2:14pm On May 15, 2012
Idowuogbo: Actually deres sense in dis nonsense.NOT!!! So he is holding bck on proposal cus he hasn't seen her real hair? Silly dude!

You may consider him silly, but I think that he is smart. At least there would be no surprises about her hair on wedding night. What if she is hiding her baldness and the weave falls off on the wedding night, revealing her "gorimapa."
Re: Should Women Have To Reveal Their "Real Hair" To Their Spouses Before Marriage? by Idowuogbo(f): 2:26pm On May 15, 2012
Princek12:

You may consider him silly, but I think that he is smart. At least there would be no surprises about her hair on wedding night. What if she is hiding her baldness and the weave falls off on the wedding night, revealing her "gorimapa."
So wot? yes! it wud b defo embarrassing if such happens on d wedding day.But! wot happened to for better for worse? SMH!!!I seriously wonder wot ur your definition of love, marriage and commitment wud be. undecided undecided
Re: Should Women Have To Reveal Their "Real Hair" To Their Spouses Before Marriage? by Rocktation(f): 2:33pm On May 15, 2012
What's the deal with covered and uncovered hair issues these days? Like we don't have enough nonsense to deal with in relationships already.

2 Likes

Re: Should Women Have To Reveal Their "Real Hair" To Their Spouses Before Marriage? by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 15, 2012
@OP
your friend is very wise and should NEVER marry such lady. it says a lot about this damsel and her insecurities (and clear lack of trust), if she only want to be seen wearing a weave, even by her man. i can imagine the poor state of her real hair.......aaaaarggggghhh!!!
Re: Should Women Have To Reveal Their "Real Hair" To Their Spouses Before Marriage? by Killz1(m): 3:21pm On May 15, 2012
Smh.
Re: Should Women Have To Reveal Their "Real Hair" To Their Spouses Before Marriage? by luckgames(m): 3:23pm On May 15, 2012
Princek12: My wonderful and intelligent people of Nairaland, my friend has been dated his girlfriend for about six months and said he wants to marry her. Anyway, the koko of the story is that he claims that she always wears a weave, that he has not gotten a chance to see what her real hair actually looks like, and that she has shunned his repeated requests to see her real hair.

While he claims he has no problem with her wearing a weave, he said that he would like to know what her real hair looks like before he pops the question. He asked her to take out the weave so that he can at least know what the natural hair of the lady that may be his wife looks like. She has, however, vehemently refused to reveal her real hair to her boyfriend, claiming that he should accept her the way she is and that she was wearing a weave when he met her.

He argues, however, that he loves her and appreciates her the way she is, but that it is important for him to know the condition or status of the hair of the lady who may one day be his wife, and that her failure to reveal her real hair implies she has something to hide and does not constitute full disclosure and forthrightness, which are prerequisites of a good relationship. In addition, he claims his mother has warned him never to marry a lady without knowing the condition of her real hair.

Nairalanders, what do you think?

Hair is your friend problem
He should be worry about the girl moral value, background
Is the girl considerate, Fair and Respectful
Will this girl bring a balance to his life
What are the girl goal and aspiration

1 Like

Re: Should Women Have To Reveal Their "Real Hair" To Their Spouses Before Marriage? by ArQueBusieR(m): 3:30pm On May 15, 2012
One shouldn't marry such a woman. It's just ridiculous.
Re: Should Women Have To Reveal Their "Real Hair" To Their Spouses Before Marriage? by mrborn2fuck(m): 3:34pm On May 15, 2012
I remembered our neigbour wife before marriage, when she used to come as fiancee with big hairs weave that covers nearly face, I thought she was the most beautiful, not knowing that she wowo pass the wowoness person in our house,
Re: Should Women Have To Reveal Their "Real Hair" To Their Spouses Before Marriage? by Beync(f): 3:43pm On May 15, 2012
if the man respectfully demands to see the hair of a lady he call love, what's there? Ok even if she has bald hair, she should be considerate enough to say 'honey I have bald hair o look @ it, I don't know if this would border u. Yes a man who truly loves u will take u just the way the are. But trying to hide something that would turn repulsive after marriage would be unacceptable. Good her is not a prerequisite for successful marriage but the manner she is hiding it tell a lot abt the character. If I were a man sef I will have to see the girl I want to marry in her natural hair, I should be in love with her natural looks first.
Re: Should Women Have To Reveal Their "Real Hair" To Their Spouses Before Marriage? by Goldieluks: 3:49pm On May 15, 2012
I wonder why some people feel or think that the hair thingy is not an issue. What if the chick is hiding some worms up there,or maybe she used her hair for some ritual or something, you never know. Hiding her hair from her guy speaks volume. People should be careful with the type of humans they mingle with. Yes really.
Re: Should Women Have To Reveal Their "Real Hair" To Their Spouses Before Marriage? by luckgames(m): 5:30pm On May 15, 2012
Goldieluks: I wonder why some people feel or think that the hair thingy is not an issue. What if the chick is hiding some worms up there,or maybe she used her hair for some ritual or something, you never know. Hiding her hair from her guy speaks volume. People should be careful with the type of humans they mingle with. Yes really.

Nigeria with Ritual
God help us

1 Like

Re: Should Women Have To Reveal Their "Real Hair" To Their Spouses Before Marriage? by TisaBone: 5:33pm On May 15, 2012
well he should already know the state of her hair. if all she wears is weaves then its a safe conjecture to make that her hair is jacked up.
Re: Should Women Have To Reveal Their "Real Hair" To Their Spouses Before Marriage? by luckgames(m): 5:35pm On May 15, 2012
TisaBone: well he should already know the state of her hair. if all she wears is weaves then its a safe conjecture to make that her hair is jacked up.

Is your hair jacked up?
Re: Should Women Have To Reveal Their "Real Hair" To Their Spouses Before Marriage? by MrsChima(f): 5:47pm On May 15, 2012
Idowuogbo: Actually deres sense in dis nonsense.NOT!!! So he is holding bck on proposal cus he hasn't seen her real hair? Silly dude!

That's a perfect example of CONDITIONAL LOVE. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Should Women Have To Reveal Their "Real Hair" To Their Spouses Before Marriage? by Adaeze003(f): 5:55pm On May 15, 2012
Lol! When did hair become a criteria for marriage? But the gal no try sha.
Re: Should Women Have To Reveal Their "Real Hair" To Their Spouses Before Marriage? by MrsChima(f): 6:05pm On May 15, 2012
Adaeze003: Lol! When did hair become a criteria for marriage? But the gal no try sha.

Adaeze! Adaeze! How many times I called you?

Tell em ooo!
Re: Should Women Have To Reveal Their "Real Hair" To Their Spouses Before Marriage? by OK2NV3: 6:07pm On May 15, 2012

1 Like

Re: Should Women Have To Reveal Their "Real Hair" To Their Spouses Before Marriage? by pendo89(f): 6:09pm On May 15, 2012
It shouldn't have anything to do with marriage.I don't even see the connection.It's about being comfortable with your hair,body colour and having your partner appreciate all that before the knot is tied.Th hair wont cook or care for him we may say but it's part of a womans beauty,the natural beauty he needs to appreciate every day he wakes up.

Let him see the flaws even if its kinky, so what? he's gonna be your husband after all.
Natural may even look sexier on her than those weaves which make some of us women look like apes.Well not all.
Re: Should Women Have To Reveal Their "Real Hair" To Their Spouses Before Marriage? by MrsChima(f): 6:11pm On May 15, 2012
pendo89: It shouldn't have anything to do with marriage.I don't even see the connection.It's about being comfortable with your hair,body colour and having your partner appreciating all that before the knot is tied.Th hair wont cook or care for him we may say but it's part of a womans beauty,the natural beauty he needs to appreciate every day he wakes up.

Let him see the flaws even if its kinky, so what? he's gonna be your husband after all.
Natural may even look sexier on her than those weaves which make some of us [b]women look like apes.[/b]Well not all.

Why you made me spit out my juice?!!! angry angry angry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Should Women Have To Reveal Their "Real Hair" To Their Spouses Before Marriage? by pendo89(f): 6:19pm On May 15, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Why you made me spit out my juice?!!! angry angry angry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

undecided angry wipe ur screen.
Re: Should Women Have To Reveal Their "Real Hair" To Their Spouses Before Marriage? by MrsChima(f): 6:36pm On May 15, 2012
pendo89:

undecided angry wipe ur screen.

(poots and walks off the thread)
Re: Should Women Have To Reveal Their "Real Hair" To Their Spouses Before Marriage? by Goldieluks: 6:36pm On May 15, 2012
luckgames:

Nigeria with Ritual
God help us

It was only a guess, DUH!
Re: Should Women Have To Reveal Their "Real Hair" To Their Spouses Before Marriage? by TisaBone: 7:04pm On May 15, 2012
@luckgames

if ur insinuating that i wear weave also, then you are sadly mistaken. I'm all natural,and have been for about 8 years now, and i am happily nappy.
Re: Should Women Have To Reveal Their "Real Hair" To Their Spouses Before Marriage? by Aries24(f): 7:16pm On May 15, 2012
Goldieluks: The girl in question is kidding herself seriously. Who knows she may or may not be hiding something from him, concerning her hair. Fact is, the guy in question has every right to see her real hair,especially since he's planning to wed her.
rightly said
Re: Should Women Have To Reveal Their "Real Hair" To Their Spouses Before Marriage? by jmoore(m): 7:37pm On May 15, 2012
Reminds me of how an Egyptian man got married and in the morning he woke up to find out that her wife has a bald hair. what a shocker!! He filed for divorce.

The guy deserves the right to know to save both of them especially the lady from any consequences if she got a bald hair. A broken relationship is better than a broken marriage.

It is like to not telling your fiance or fiancee that all set of your teeth are artificial, only for him or her to find an artificial set of teeth by the bedside after the wedding night.

It is better for her to know that her man loves her for who she is.

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Has Killed My America Dreams. / My Friend Has Been Held Hostage By His Girlfriend / This Gal Want 2 Kill Me Ooo Help Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.