Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,085 members, 7,811,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. (12095 Views)

Simply Because I On My Generator / I Will Not Vote Buhari Simply Because He Chose Osibanjo -Redeemed Pastor / Great Ogboru Is Moving To ACN? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by Empex(m): 6:18pm On Apr 30, 2013
by God! Some people don't know how to argue, @ Dan_de_BlackItaliano, you could do with some class to brush up your argument skills as Sakaguchi is beating you up left right center. Carefully follow how both of you have argued and you will see how dismal you have performed.

1 Like

Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by funnyx(m): 6:40pm On Apr 30, 2013
Gbawe:

Look, the lack of progress of Nigeria is directly related to poor performance from leaders at the federal and State level. How does that have anything to do with Islam? How, for example, does Islam prevent Uduaghan from developing Delta State? Did Islam force Igbinedion to loot instead of developing Edo State? Was Gbenga Daniel forced to loot and pillage his State by Islam? When GEJ stole Nigeria blind at the federal level for 8 years, did Islam cause that? Even extreme prejudice should not blind judgement this much.

Their hatred for Islam is the problem, no matter how much you try to explain they won't reason.
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by sakaguchi(m): 7:04pm On Apr 30, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno:

Simple. Simply because the Malaysian government doesn't allow Islam to take the fore front as in the case of Nigeria. That's what secular governance is all about.
Nigeria is supposed to be a secular nation as well, but it's laughable to even think about that because the indigenous population are just too religious to get it rolling like it should. Which boils down to what it is; Religion.

Seriously dude, sometimes you reason as if you are from Mars. How can you disregard the world number one App for knowing the actual facts and figures of any country in planet earth?

Anyways, after a brief consultation of CIA World factbook in my system, I realised that I was wrong previously when I put the Nigerian Indigenous Muslim population as 59%.

Here are the actual figures;

Muslims = 50%

Christians = 40%

Others = 10%

The figure still puts Nigeria as a Muslim country anyhow. So based on that my argument still stands.

I don't know where you allegedly got your preposterous figures putting the Christian population ahead of Muslims, but I suggest you look again.

And btw, I have spent some times in Nigeria with my Dad's people to know what I'm talking about. Islam and religious fanaticism is running your country to the ground.
I'm not saying that I know the exact demography of Nigeria, what I'm saying is neither do your source. Until you tell me when CIA world factbook conducted a credible census in Nigeria, their claims will still be debatable. Mentioning it by the way iss simply not enough. I could tell you to check this link
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Nigeria
And neither would what they (wikipedia) posit be incontrovertible as they too like several other site have not conducted any census in Nigeria. Census result as released by NPC has always being marred in controversies. As it is allegedly being doctored by some people to score political advantage.
Also, you need not call people names to drive home your point, your choice of word in calling Nigeria and Ghana "Niggah" countries betrays your stand to speak from an anterograde point of view, your dad and his people should be very proud of you. Grow up man! And don't loose your identity, last time I checked, Kevin-Prince Boateng who is biracial as you are was a victim of racial slur from your beloved Italian countrymen. Your hatred for Muslims, Arabs and Blacks LIKE YOU. Will keep you down while the world moves on. #word!
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by OsunOriginal: 8:46pm On Apr 30, 2013
Emmadani: muslims in d west are not terrorist like d hausa/fulani muslims,they are more peaceful n educated.If they agree to live peacefully den dey ar welcomed,o yet stil dey can folo their northen brothers if they want.Gbam

See fool... Who is welcoming who?

The muslims own South West - having said that, we dont discriminate against people here because of religion. But note that SW can't and will not have anything to do with Igbos should the country breaks up tomorrow except if you are ready to be ruled by us under Oduduwa republic - you should know that by now.

Just pray the country doesnt break up because the day the country breaks up, that day you will be flushed out of South West.
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by Bobandgreat: 9:59pm On Apr 30, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]
OsunOriginal:

The muslims own South West - having said that, we dont discriminate against people here because of religion. But note that SW can't and will not have anything to do with Igbos should the country breaks up tomorrow except if you are ready to be ruled by us under Oduduwa republic - you should know that by now.

Just pray the country doesnt break up because the day the country breaks up, that day you will be flushed out of South West.

Typical Osun brain.
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by RickyRoss1(m): 12:32am On May 01, 2013
sakaguchi:
I'm not saying that I know the exact demography of Nigeria, what I'm saying is neither do your source. Until you tell me when CIA world factbook conducted a credible census in Nigeria, their claims will still be debatable. Mentioning it by the way iss simply not enough. I could tell you to check this link
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Nigeria
And neither would what they (wikipedia) posit be incontrovertible as they too like several other site have not conducted any census in Nigeria. Census result as released by NPC has always being marred in controversies. As it is allegedly being doctored by some people to score political advantage.
Also, you need not call people names to drive home your point, your choice of word in calling Nigeria and Ghana "Niggah" countries betrays your stand to speak from an anterograde point of view, your dad and his people should be very proud of you. Grow up man! And don't loose your identity, last time I checked, Kevin-Prince Boateng who is biracial as you are was a victim of racial slur from your beloved Italian countrymen. Your hatred for Muslims, Arabs and Blacks LIKE YOU. Will keep you down while the world moves on. #word!

WORD
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by londoner: 4:36am On May 01, 2013
Op...who told you Islam has no place in Ghana? It is just that the only dominant religion is Christianity. Islam is a minority religion in Ghana.

They have their clashes believe me, but they are in minority areas in the ignored part of the country.

Nigeria has no dominant religion or tribe.....therefore there are tussles and clashed on the scale that ghana simply does not have.

I would not say Ghana is moving ahead of Nigeria at all....they simply dont have the same number of hurdles to climb on their journey.
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by Nobody: 5:38am On May 01, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno:

Are you even educated?

Sorry, I don't argue with market women.

Puttana.
dude as ''bratking'' has said you like insulting people. You really are an angry man. What did I say that made you lash out at me the way you did? angry angry sad sad Don't I have freedom of speech any more? angry angry sad sad
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by nig2change: 7:37am On May 01, 2013
I don't know what is wrong with Nigerians each time comparing little Ghana with Giant Nigeria in all ramifications we are better. I have friends there, they tell me that Ghana is over-hyped and that extreme hunger, poverty and almost all businesses there are owned by Nigerians. Slums is a pleasure in other areas apart from most part of accra. Violence occurs daily there and another bad news is that yahoo boys thrive there now. Please Nigerians when you go you will know
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by truefact: 10:42am On May 01, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno:

Blah Blah Blah...

I really don't get the semantics cos I didn't do economics in college.

But you should check out this address and tell me if I'm seeing double or not.

www.likeforex.com/currency-converter/ghana-cedi-ghs_ngn-nigeria-naira.htm/1

you seemed to be a fool or lack understanding...the person you quoted was right and said just the same thing as you said...if you changed GHC1 to naira, you would have N80 instead of N100 and if you change N100, you would have up to GHC1.2 which is equivalent to N120... but in reality GHC1 should be N100....now check again and see which is higher...$1=N160 and $1=GHC198...I have lost lots my money to due to the falling ghana ecomony...always check things out before commenting.
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by truefact: 10:45am On May 01, 2013
Ricky_Ross:

I dont even need to argue with people like you.

1. How did I know D'Ivoire is more developed than Ghana? Bc I have business in both countries. Ivory Coast has d best road networks in West Africa to start with. Ask any Nigerian or Ghanaian living in Ivory Coast to tell you. Ivory Coast has at least 2 developed cities Ghana does not have any. Accra is a Slum without any world class facility. FACT

2. Ghana literacy rate cannot be 80% and i don't believe any of those government figures. Let me ask you, have you ever met any taxi driver in Lagos or Abuja that does not speak English? In ACCRA that happens to be the capital of Ghana at least 30% of taxi drivers do not speak English. I feel ashamed each time i stop a young boy or girl within the age of 30 and they tell you they don't speak English, ask Nigerians in Ghana if I am lying.

3. Ghana is as corrupt as Nigeria and I gave you facts. I don't believe all the western media. That same western media that told you Ghana is 6th least corrupt in Africa were the same people that ranked ghanas health sector second most corrupt in Africa just during the bruhaha with cosmos energy of USA. Thre is no other African country that do 419 scam as Nigerians and Ghanaians and this is a fact. There is no other country in Africa where police workd hand in hand with scammers apart from Nigeria and Ghana. In ghana i can kill anyone and get away with it as long as i settle police. Walk into any internet cafe in ghana and see things for yourself. Go google search about sakawa and see things for yourself.
Last few months ghana gold scammers stole 8 million us dollars from iraqi gold dealers and they paid the ghana IGP one million dollars to allow them scammers load FAKE GOLD into the private jet the victim came with. This cannot happen anywhere else in Africa. I can go on and on but i dont have such time.

HOW DO YOU EVEN MEASURE CORRUPTION? ANY GHANAIAN CAN SELL THEIR PASSPORT FOR MONEY, FACT. ANY GHANAIAN CAN DO ANYTHING FOR MONEY, FACT. GHANAS ONLY REFINERY IN TEMA HAS BEEN SHUT MANY TIMES LIKE NIGERIAN REFINERIES AND MOST TIMES ITS PRODUCING LESS THAN 50% CAPACITY ALL THESE BC OF CORRUPTION. THESE ARE FACTS.
WHERE IS GHANA AIRWAYS, IS IT NOT CORRUPTION THAT KILLED IT? I CAN GO ON AND ON BUT I DONT HAVE THE TIME. In West Africa, Ghana is second most corrupt just After Nigeria. Most Ghanaian overseas are either credit card scammers or drug barons.

4. Your rantings about ghana politics is laughable because I am sure you dont know ghana, you never been there you only rely on what you hear or read online. THE OPPOSITION IN GHANA DID NOT ACCEPT THE ELECTION RESULT TILL DATE, THEY REFUSED TO ACCEPT DEFEAT AND THEY ARE CURRENTLY CHALLENGING THE PRESIDENT IN COURT. these are verifiable facts.

5. I am not going to discuss the education issue again bc it is pointless. How do you prove to anyone that you are educated? WHEN GHANA STARTS PRODUCING PEOPLE LIKE SUEN OSEWA, DANGOTE, LEO STAN EKE, WOLE SOYINKA, CHINUA ACHEBE, INNOSON MOTORS ETC WE CAN TALK. You cant tell me you are educate when you cannot compete even in your home country. Every sector of ghanas economy is dominated by foreigners. Just last week First Bank Nigeria bought their ICB bank of Ghana. What do they teach Ghanaians in school? Is it how to make bastard children everywhere? Why are their educated folks not floating banks or even airlines? What about supermarket? All the few shopping malls in ghana are foreign owned?

this person is almost 90% right, but most bigots wont understand
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by truefact: 10:50am On May 01, 2013
Ricky_Ross: In what way is Ghana moving ahead of Nigeria? Is it in development, science, technology or what? Many Nigerians are just ignorant, don't be surprised the OP has never been to Ghana, he rely on hearsay. Believe me Ghana is terribly over-hyped. There is no single world class infrastructure in Ghana. The Ghanaian newspapers are still printed in black and white till date. The best news papers and magazines in Ghana are Nigerian made like Ovation etc. These are simple things that matters.

TECHNOLOGICALLY: Ghana cannot match Nigeria in technology. In Africa Nigeria is leading in space science/technology. Our scientists have launched satellites etc. Innoson motors is made in Nigeria and is already plying the roads of Accra daily. GO TO CROSS COUNTRY TRANSPORT IN ACCRA, JUST BEFORE BUSY INTERNET AFTER KWAME NKRUMAH CIRCLE.

MANUFACTURED GOODS: Enter any drug store in Ghana most of their prescription drugs carry NAFDAC NUMBERS, I dont know why. Enter any shop/supermarket in Ghana you will see lots of made in Nigeria products like gala, indomie, dangote pasta, biscuit, cement, la casera, bread, news papers, Zinox desktops/laptops. Every ATM Card in Ghana carries INTERSWITCH Logo and this is a Nigerian company. As a Nigerian, how many made in Ghana products do you see in Nigeria apart from alomo bitters?

POLITICALLY: This is where Ghana has done better than Nigeria. But the last election in Ghana is marred in mass rigging. The opposition party has sued the president and they are presently in court. Most people believe the opposition won the last election and they claim Obasanjo helped the sitting president to ring/win. This last election has seriously dented Ghana's image overseas. The opposition has brought thousands of evidence of mass rigging.

SECURITY: Ghana has less population and so is more secure than Nigeria. However, Northern region of Ghana is as volatile as Northern Nigeria. Ghana has thousands of refugees in Togo till date. Muslims have same mindset everywhere. if a Nigerian Muslim can carry bomb then their brothers in Ghana or elsewhere can do same.

EDUCATION: Daily we hear cheering news of brilliant Nigerians making waves in IVY League schools worldwide. Innoson schooled in Nigeria and today he is an Automobile manufacturer, his buses are plying Nigerian roads as well as west coast of Africa including Ghana. Suen Osewa studied in Nigeria and he is the proud owner of Nairaland. Nairaland is Africas largest forum. Leo Stan Eke studied in Nigeria and he is the manufacturer of Zinox computers, his computers are available all over West Africa including Ghana. And so is Dangote Africas richest man, and the list is endless. I never even start to mention the Wole Soyinkas, The Chinua Achebes etc. I never even mention that some of our musicians and movie stars are school drop outs but yet they run the gamot in Africa. If Ghanaian schools are better why are they not producing scientists and industrialists? The only reason Nigerians are schooling in Ghana is bc we dont have enough schools to go round, and in Ghana you dont need any JAMB to gain university admission. There are Nigerians studying in over 75 countries around the world. I personally believe wisdom is inborn, you dont get it from attending the best school in the world. I am a living example.

CORRUPTION: Ghana is as corrupt as Nigeria. Ghana is the second most corrupt country in West Africa immediately after Nigeria. Ghana boys and girls have taken over internet scamming. They have even added charms/sakawa/juju to it which is why most ghana scammers die within 3 years of making money. They are too dumb they cannot use their god given brain which is why they resort to witchcraft to deceive their victims. Just google the word SAKAWA on the internet.
Just 3 days ago Three Ghanaians were arrested in US for credit card scam (http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=272391&comment=0#com) HAVE YOU EVER HEARD ANY OTHER WEST AFRICAN BEING ARREST OVERSEAS FOR 419 SCAMS APART FROM NIGERIANS AND GHANAIANS?

Ghana airways died the same way Nigerian airways died. Corruption killed both of them.
On paper Ghana has national health insurance but in reality most hospitals in Ghana don't accept the health insurance cards. The position is calling for the NHIS to be scrapped bc all the money is going into fraudulent pockets.

Ghanaian doctors are striking for over 1 month now and counting (http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=272515) I know 2 people who died in Ghana last week bc they cannot get medical attention. One is a family friend to my father inlaw.

If a Ghanain ask you what has Nigeria done with its big oil wealth as them what they have done with their gold, diamonds and cocoa. For the records, Ivory Coast does not have any gold or oil, their main income is cocoa and their population is similar to Ghanas but Ivory Coast is at least 4 times more developed than Ghana.

So OP, next time be sure before saying what you dont know. Our economy is stronger and better than Ghanas economy. Nigerians are presently enjoying more electricity than Ghanians, I know bc I go there multiple times yearly including last month unlike the average Nigerian that believes on hearsay. When they laugh at you about the long lines at our petrol stations remind them its worst in Ghana. I was in Ghana last month and I witnessed it takes 3 days of hustling to buy gas. Most Ghanains are now using CHARCOAL to cook. These are verifiable FACTS.

98% truth, but most bigots wont agree
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 03, 2013
OsunOriginal:

idiot,who is the ibo?Mumu,any body dat is not yoruba or hausa,then u think d person is igbo...Who is even in ur dirty area.If dem divide d country 2day,i bet u in d next 5 years u wil b buyin visa 2 kum 2 ma area....N who wil allow d stupid oduduwa 2 rule over my oil city?U ar drunk...Am even praying 4 d country to break up.Mumu
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by karissangel: 3:08pm On Jun 20, 2013
U r right, d bad leaders in Nigeria will never allow d country to move forward,PDP is bad news to Nigeria, I wait to see d day Nigerians will be d true africa nd make order countries proud
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by soma042(m): 1:55pm On Sep 22, 2013
I have a dream that one day islam will have a different point of view about peace an the world will be a better place..!

Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by soma042(m): 2:01pm On Sep 22, 2013
The jihadist spare no one, a lil girl running for her safety in A shopping mall in Kenya latest attack by the Muslims fanatics
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by soma042(m): 2:06pm On Sep 22, 2013
A lil child running for safety from the jihadist latest attack in a mall in Kenya

Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by soma042(m): 2:14pm On Sep 22, 2013
The true religion is Islam

Muslims will fight buddist (in Burma).
Muslims will fight christians (almost world-wide).
Muslims will fight Jews (in the middle-east).
Muslims will fight Hindus (in India)
Ironically, Muslims will fight fellow Muslims (shia vs sunni) with heavy terrorist bombings.

Indeed, this is a religion of peace. Allahu akbar.
www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-24193734
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by Datiboboi: 3:10pm On Sep 22, 2013
Ricky_Ross:

1. How did I know D'Ivoire is more developed than Ghana? Bc I have business in both countries. Ivory Coast has d best road networks in West Africa to start with. Ask any Nigerian or Ghanaian living in Ivory Coast to tell you. Ivory Coast has at least 2 developed cities Ghana does not have any. Accra is a Slum without any world class facility. FACT

2. Ghana literacy rate cannot be 80% and i don't believe any of those government figures. Let me ask you, have you ever met any taxi driver in Lagos or Abuja that does not speak English? In ACCRA that happens to be the capital of Ghana at least 30% of taxi drivers do not speak English. I feel ashamed each time i stop a young boy or girl within the age of 30 and they tell you they don't speak English, ask Nigerians in Ghana if I am lying.

3. Ghana is as corrupt as Nigeria and I gave you facts. I don't believe all the western media. That same western media that told you Ghana is 6th least corrupt in Africa were the same people that ranked ghanas health sector second most corrupt in Africa just during the bruhaha with cosmos energy of USA. Thre is no other African country that do 419 scam as Nigerians and Ghanaians and this is a fact. There is no other country in Africa where police workd hand in hand with scammers apart from Nigeria and Ghana. In ghana i can kill anyone and get away with it as long as i settle police. Walk into any internet cafe in ghana and see things for yourself. Go google search about sakawa and see things for yourself.
Last few months ghana gold scammers stole 8 million us dollars from iraqi gold dealers and they paid the ghana IGP one million dollars to allow them scammers load FAKE GOLD into the private jet the victim came with. This cannot happen anywhere else in Africa. I can go on and on but i dont have such time.

HOW DO YOU EVEN MEASURE CORRUPTION? ANY GHANAIAN CAN SELL THEIR PASSPORT FOR MONEY, FACT. ANY GHANAIAN CAN DO ANYTHING FOR MONEY, FACT. GHANAS ONLY REFINERY IN TEMA HAS BEEN SHUT MANY TIMES LIKE NIGERIAN REFINERIES AND MOST TIMES ITS PRODUCING LESS THAN 50% CAPACITY ALL THESE BC OF CORRUPTION. THESE ARE FACTS.
WHERE IS GHANA AIRWAYS, IS IT NOT CORRUPTION THAT KILLED IT? I CAN GO ON AND ON BUT I DONT HAVE THE TIME. In West Africa, Ghana is second most corrupt just After Nigeria. Most Ghanaian overseas are either credit card scammers or drug barons.

4. Your rantings about ghana politics is laughable because I am sure you dont know ghana, you never been there you only rely on what you hear or read online. THE OPPOSITION IN GHANA DID NOT ACCEPT THE ELECTION RESULT TILL DATE, THEY REFUSED TO ACCEPT DEFEAT AND THEY ARE CURRENTLY CHALLENGING THE PRESIDENT IN COURT. these are verifiable facts.

5. I am not going to discuss the education issue again bc it is pointless. How do you prove to anyone that you are educated? WHEN GHANA STARTS PRODUCING PEOPLE LIKE SUEN OSEWA, DANGOTE, LEO STAN EKE, WOLE SOYINKA, CHINUA ACHEBE, INNOSON MOTORS ETC WE CAN TALK. You cant tell me you are educate when you cannot compete even in your home country. Every sector of ghanas economy is dominated by foreigners. Just last week First Bank Nigeria bought their ICB bank of Ghana. What do they teach Ghanaians in school? Is it how to make bastard children everywhere? Why are their educated folks not floating banks or even airlines? What about supermarket? All the few shopping malls in ghana are foreign owned?

I agree with you totally, the point you raised is undebatable. But from what i see, the op is trying to paint a picture of what islam has inflicted in our society. Can you imagine where this country would have been rated if their is zero tolerance of religion.
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by modextus(m): 3:40pm On Sep 22, 2013
Kairoseki77:

All four of these are lies. Just stop it, it makes you look bad.

Corruption - Ghana is the 6th least corrupt country in Africa, behind Botswana, Cape Verde, Mauritius, Rwanda, and Namibia. Ghana is rated as the 64th least corrupt country in the world, that makes it less corrupt than countries like Italy and South Africa. Nigeria is 75 places lower on the list at 139th most corrupt in the world.

Security - Ghana has ZERO active militant groups within it's borders. No Islamic terrorists, no people fighting for oil cake, nothing. Doesn't exist in Ghana. They have crime like anywhere else, but not organized crime like we have here. Just to double check, I typed in "Ghana Militant Group" into Google. All of the results were about MEND and Boko Haram. The Cape Militia is the closest Ghana came to having a militant group, and they were a media hoax.

Politically - Seriously? This isn't even worth talking about. Everyone knows that Ghana has one of the strongest democracies in Africa. Every opposition group claims rigging when they lose. Mitt Romney and Obama both claimed the other side was rigging in the lead up to the election. Just like advanced democracies, after the results of the election were called, every Ghananian accepted the results peacefully. Nobody started a riot, or stared killing their neighbors.

Education - Ghana's educational system is ahead of Nigeria. Their literacy rate is 80% (Naija 71%). Their primary school and secondary school attendance levels are almost double Nigeria. They also have more universities per person than here.

Don't lie about another country. It's pointless.
Also, who told you Cote D'Ivoire was 4x as developed as them?
if ghana has a litracy rate of 80percent with nigeria's 71percent i think we are way way ahead of 'em considering the population difference between both countries

1 Like

Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by CROWE: 3:53pm On Sep 22, 2013
modextus: if ghana has a litracy rate of 80percent with nigeria's 71percent i think we are way way ahead of 'em considering the population difference between both countries

No, that's not the way it works, it certainly is understandable that Nigeria will have a bit more workload that Ghana but that is only an excuse as we also obviously have more resources and Ghana can only try to educate the people they have in their country. By your logic it wouldn't make any difference even if their literacy rate was 100%, this is a fallacy and false reasoning like this is why the percentage system is so important.
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by simpleseyi: 3:54pm On Sep 22, 2013
soma042: GHANA is moving ahead of NIGERIA, is simply because Islam has no place.

Your hatred for Islam is sending you gradually to early grave. Your religion is so pissfull that is why Missionaries came to preach Christ and colonized Africa including your forefathers, killing millions with guns and throwing thousands into the sea. The effect of colonization is why Africa is still backward till today. Your catholic priests that sleeps with small boys, are they muslims? Your GEJ, Dame Sheppopotamus, Godswill Akpabio, Peter Adaobi, Orji Kalu and co looters that are drawing the nation backwards are they mulsims? You hate Islam so much but many of your brothers are queuing for Dubai visa, many are slave workers is Saudi, Qatar, Bahrain e.t.c. Kindly hug the nearest transformer on this rainy afternoon. GOD PUNISH DEVIL
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by modextus(m): 3:59pm On Sep 22, 2013
Ricky_Ross:

you're a boss man...you've said it all..i don't think I've got anything more to add.
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by simpleseyi: 4:06pm On Sep 22, 2013
Jeel: I absolutely concur,islam is anti development and progress especially the african vesion and particularly the hausa fulani model

Please tell me if it is Islam that is making the people listed down here to draw the nation backward thru looting.

Dr Goodluck Jonathan (spends more than one million naira per meal)
Jesus on Earth Dame Sheppopotamus impatience Jonathan (spends state resources on custmetics surgery making her die and wake as in the Biblical period)
Chief James Ibori (Guiness Book of Record holder of most family members in jail simultaneously for looting)
Bode George
OBJ
Orji Uzor Kalu
Timi Teprieye (Guiness Book of Record holder of most properties acquired per tenure, acquired 48 houses in Nigeria during his 48 months rule as Bayelsa governor)
DSP Alams
Tony Anenih
Patrick Azazi
Godswill Akpabio
Peter Adaobi
Gbenga Daniel
Alao Akala
Segun Oni
Segun Agagu
Rev Fr Moses Adasu (ex Benue governor that became richer than the state)
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by CROWE: 4:53pm On Sep 22, 2013
simpleseyi:

Please tell me if it is Islam that is making the people listed down here to draw the nation backward thru looting.

Dr Goodluck Jonathan (spends more than one million naira per meal)
Jesus on Earth Dame Sheppopotamus impatience Jonathan (spends state resources on custmetics surgery making her die and wake as in the Biblical period)
Chief James Ibori (Guiness Book of Record holder of most family members in jail simultaneously for looting)
Bode George
OBJ
Orji Uzor Kalu
Timi Teprieye (Guiness Book of Record holder of most properties acquired per tenure, acquired 48 houses in Nigeria during his 48 months rule as Bayelsa governor)
DSP Alams
Tony Anenih
Patrick Azazi
Godswill Akpabio
Peter Adaobi
Gbenga Daniel
Alao Akala
Segun Oni
Segun Agagu
Rev Fr Moses Adasu (ex Benue governor that became richer than the state)

Islam doesn't have to be the reason for Nigeria's backwardness to be anti development, it is my personal opinion that Islam is in fact anti development but you are also right, Nigeria suffers just as well from greed, selfishness, stupidity and ignorance, the latter two being our biggest banes.
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by 5megabyte: 5:17pm On Sep 22, 2013
Ricky_Ross: In what way is Ghana moving ahead of Nigeria? Is it in development, science, technology or what? Many Nigerians are just ignorant, don't be surprised the OP has never been to Ghana, he rely on hearsay. Believe me Ghana is terribly over-hyped. There is no single world class infrastructure in Ghana. The Ghanaian newspapers are still printed in black and white till date. The best news papers and magazines in Ghana are Nigerian made like Ovation etc. These are simple things that matters.

TECHNOLOGICALLY: Ghana cannot match Nigeria in technology. In Africa Nigeria is leading in space science/technology. Our scientists have launched satellites etc. Innoson motors is made in Nigeria and is already plying the roads of Accra daily. GO TO CROSS COUNTRY TRANSPORT IN ACCRA, JUST BEFORE BUSY INTERNET AFTER KWAME NKRUMAH CIRCLE.

MANUFACTURED GOODS: Enter any drug store in Ghana most of their prescription drugs carry NAFDAC NUMBERS, I dont know why. Enter any shop/supermarket in Ghana you will see lots of made in Nigeria products like gala, indomie, dangote pasta, biscuit, cement, la casera, bread, news papers, Zinox desktops/laptops. Every ATM Card in Ghana carries INTERSWITCH Logo and this is a Nigerian company. As a Nigerian, how many made in Ghana products do you see in Nigeria apart from alomo bitters?

POLITICALLY: This is where Ghana has done better than Nigeria. But the last election in Ghana is marred in mass rigging. The opposition party has sued the president and they are presently in court. Most people believe the opposition won the last election and they claim Obasanjo helped the sitting president to ring/win. This last election has seriously dented Ghana's image overseas. The opposition has brought thousands of evidence of mass rigging.

SECURITY: Ghana has less population and so is more secure than Nigeria. However, Northern region of Ghana is as volatile as Northern Nigeria. Ghana has thousands of refugees in Togo till date. Muslims have same mindset everywhere. if a Nigerian Muslim can carry bomb then their brothers in Ghana or elsewhere can do same.

EDUCATION: Daily we hear cheering news of brilliant Nigerians making waves in IVY League schools worldwide. Innoson schooled in Nigeria and today he is an Automobile manufacturer, his buses are plying Nigerian roads as well as west coast of Africa including Ghana. Suen Osewa studied in Nigeria and he is the proud owner of Nairaland. Nairaland is Africas largest forum. Leo Stan Eke studied in Nigeria and he is the manufacturer of Zinox computers, his computers are available all over West Africa including Ghana. And so is Dangote Africas richest man, and the list is endless. I never even start to mention the Wole Soyinkas, The Chinua Achebes etc. I never even mention that some of our musicians and movie stars are school drop outs but yet they run the gamot in Africa. If Ghanaian schools are better why are they not producing scientists and industrialists? The only reason Nigerians are schooling in Ghana is bc we dont have enough schools to go round, and in Ghana you dont need any JAMB to gain university admission. There are Nigerians studying in over 75 countries around the world. I personally believe wisdom is inborn, you dont get it from attending the best school in the world. I am a living example.

CORRUPTION: Ghana is as corrupt as Nigeria. Ghana is the second most corrupt country in West Africa immediately after Nigeria. Ghana boys and girls have taken over internet scamming. They have even added charms/sakawa/juju to it which is why most ghana scammers die within 3 years of making money. They are too dumb they cannot use their god given brain which is why they resort to witchcraft to deceive their victims. Just google the word SAKAWA on the internet.
Just 3 days ago Three Ghanaians were arrested in US for credit card scam (http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=272391&comment=0#com) HAVE YOU EVER HEARD ANY OTHER WEST AFRICAN BEING ARREST OVERSEAS FOR 419 SCAMS APART FROM NIGERIANS AND GHANAIANS?

Ghana airways died the same way Nigerian airways died. Corruption killed both of them.
On paper Ghana has national health insurance but in reality most hospitals in Ghana don't accept the health insurance cards. The position is calling for the NHIS to be scrapped bc all the money is going into fraudulent pockets.

Ghanaian doctors are striking for over 1 month now and counting (http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=272515) I know 2 people who died in Ghana last week bc they cannot get medical attention. One is a family friend to my father inlaw.

If a Ghanain ask you what has Nigeria done with its big oil wealth as them what they have done with their gold, diamonds and cocoa. For the records, Ivory Coast does not have any gold or oil, their main income is cocoa and their population is similar to Ghanas but Ivory Coast is at least 4 times more developed than Ghana.

So OP, next time be sure before saying what you dont know. Our economy is stronger and better than Ghanas economy. Nigerians are presently enjoying more electricity than Ghanians, I know bc I go there multiple times yearly including last month unlike the average Nigerian that believes on hearsay. When they laugh at you about the long lines at our petrol stations remind them its worst in Ghana. I was in Ghana last month and I witnessed it takes 3 days of hustling to buy gas. Most Ghanains are now using CHARCOAL to cook. These are verifiable FACTS.

Thank you for the highly informative piece, however u still agreed with the OP on what muslims also do in ghana
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by 5megabyte: 5:38pm On Sep 22, 2013
Pls people should stop mentioning countries like egypt, saudi, malayssia as examples of peaceful islamic countries, pls remember that those are countries where islam enjoys a majority status and create the rules for the fearful minorities to follow, show me any other country where islam does not enjoy this and they are peaceful?
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by ShineIt: 6:09pm On Sep 22, 2013
The OP is right because the Islam as practised by the Yorubas and Hausa/Fulani is very backward way of thinking.

They've refused to join us in the 21st century while using 12th century book to enslave themselves mentally.
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by lamba3: 6:11pm On Sep 22, 2013
Well this is simply a very pathetic way to express the usual hate on Islam/Muslims.

Somebody gave a simple counter to your utter rubbish about Muslim Countries way ahead of Nigeria and fully using Shariah Law and the best you can do is tell us rubbish about how those countries are not in Africa?! How pathetic, If you wanna blame Islam for your pathetic problems then be actually Smart to do it without making yourselves to look like the total retarded small minded nitwits you are.

This isn't even something worth arguing about anyway, its as pathetic as it can get.

5megabyte: Pls people should stop mentioning countries like egypt, saudi, malayssia as examples of peaceful islamic countries, pls remember that those are countries where islam enjoys a majority status and create the rules for the fearful minorities to follow, show me any other country where islam does not enjoy this and they are peaceful?

The OP said GHANA is moving ahead of NIGERIA, is simply because Islam has no place.
And you're saying those countries have majority Muslims? okay how exactly does that not make the OP look more of an idiot.
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by Gayigaskia(m): 6:35pm On Sep 22, 2013
Look at what a stuupidd OP has started
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by Rossikk(m): 6:42pm On Sep 22, 2013

My brother pls, God bless you for revealing the truth of this Ghana myth to Nigerians. I always laugh when I hear people say that Ghana is ''ahead of'' Nigeria. Just plain ignorance.

The sad thing actually is that Ghana should be well ahead of Nigeria, given her relatively small 25 million population and huge natural resources - gold (Africa's second largest gold producer after SA), cocoa (Africa's biggest producer), rubber, manganese, iron ore, and now oil and gas.

They should be like Dubai. God knows what their ''corruption free'' leadership has done with all this stupendous wealth.
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by Kingspin(m): 6:47pm On Sep 22, 2013
OsunOriginal:

Will it also make sense to say that Dubai is what it is today because christianity has no place there?

And that Greece is in economic recession because they are practising christianity.

You wonder how empty some heads are.

There is nothing empty like the muslim world. You guys are disturbin the peace of the globe more than any other faith. When you come close to them epecialy the ones who are not expose you see someone who's in bondage. Any muslim country doing well watch closely either they are serving the western interest very well or are secular nation like Egypt. Or they are good in western education. But once they have a majority in any place and other faith do, i tell you peace is their last friend. They love to rule and control at all cause and when they face competition and feel threaten by other faith they resort to war to drive and sustain their faith. They're very good in brainwash, the Muslim is the only faith that point gun at others to convert to allah or ur life. Muhammad told them that war (jìhad) should come once other channel to press their demand has be exhausted. Jihad appear 41 times in Quran. They dnt like education at all those that prefer to go are been kill daily. They always view Christians as the real enemy while the Christians see devil as one. One Imam can deceive and brainwash 2 million fellows. If it were a Muslim world the kind of development today wouldnt have come to the world because they would be more busy and desperate coverting other faith to Islam by dagger, destroying people's freedow, right, opnions and their properties. The Muslim world need a reform. Thats the only change that could turn around the bad religious attitudes and brainwash esp toward other faith. They all need western education for the reform.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bank Customers Can Reject N5000 Note – CBN / Chimda Hedima- The Pilot Beheaded By Boko Haram / Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections Will Be Peaceful - Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.