Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,234 members, 7,811,650 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. (12100 Views)

Simply Because I On My Generator / I Will Not Vote Buhari Simply Because He Chose Osibanjo -Redeemed Pastor / Great Ogboru Is Moving To ACN? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by sakaguchi(m): 1:27pm On Apr 30, 2013
Emmadani: muslims in d west are not terrorist like d hausa/fulani muslims,they are more peaceful n educated.If they agree to live peacefully den dey ar welcomed,o yet stil dey can folo their northen brothers if they want.Gbam
Then by your own verdict, education seems to be the problem and not Islam abi?
And really, western Muslims can also be cut off if they are not happy? Don't you view that your idea of Balkanization is probably fueled by an innate desire to christianize Nigeria? So when it suit your taste, you divide the Yorubas along religious line, you would probably do the same among the Auchi's of Edo state. Sorry to say but you and Mohammed Shekau of Boko Haram have the same medieval ideas and both of you should probably be birthed 1100 years ago.
Less I forget Mr Crusader, what do you do to the Christian states in the North: Benue, Plateau, Taraba and what do you do to other states in the North that have christian minority but whose population (that of the christian minority that is) is bigger than the christians of Bayelsa: Niger, Kaduna, Kogi.

1 Like

Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by solomon111(m): 1:27pm On Apr 30, 2013
babe_online:
undecided undecided Islam among other things like overpopulation in Nigeria, is why Ghana is now better than Nigeria. tongue tongue
Is it the same ghana i went to last year for a wedding ceremony?
Lol.
Nigeria is better than ghana by a very long shot.
The only thing going for them is that they have less population-induced problems to contend with.

2 Likes

Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by DandeNumeruno(m): 1:28pm On Apr 30, 2013
sakaguchi:
I never knew big population could be a problem, India, China, Brazil, USA seems to be having it right partly due to their colossal human head

Notice one thing at the bolded. All the afore-mentioned countries has Muslim minorities. I dare you to prove me wrong.
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by solomon111(m): 1:31pm On Apr 30, 2013
Nigeria currently has the fastest growing economy in africa,so how is ghana performing better?
This thread should be closed.
It's moronic.

1 Like

Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by sakaguchi(m): 1:32pm On Apr 30, 2013
solomon111: Nigeria currently has the fastest growing economy in africa,so how is ghana performing better?
This thread should be closed.
It's moronic.
Please tell them
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by DandeNumeruno(m): 1:36pm On Apr 30, 2013
Emmadani: Sum pple are sayin saudi arabia,egypt n al oda major islamist country are stil developed dan nigeria.Y are u pple comparin white man muslim wit d black man muslim mainly hausa/fulani pple?If u want compare interms of development then compare 9ja wit fellow africa muslims like mali,chad,niger,somalia.Dnt compare egypt to nigeria.Egypt as bin 4 a long time,u shuld b comparing egypt wit china,italy n d rest ancient contries.

Wrong, wrong and capital WRONG. Egyptians are not white and most definitely can't be compared with Italy.

Are you nuts? Who told you that Egyptian economy is doing any better than all the poor assed countries you mentioned. The only thing going for those effing Arabs right now is their oil wealth(which is not all that much anyway) and nothing else.

Imagine comparing my motherland with those barbarians...yuck!!
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by RickyRoss1(m): 1:38pm On Apr 30, 2013
Michaeljones36:

All four of these are lies. Just stop it, it makes you look bad.

Corruption - Ghana is the 6th least corrupt country in Africa, behind Botswana, Cape Verde, Mauritius, Rwanda, and Namibia. Ghana is rated as the 64th least corrupt country in the world, that makes it less corrupt than countries like Italy and South Africa. Nigeria is 75 places lower on the list at 139th most corrupt in the world.

Security - Ghana has ZERO active militant groups within it's borders. No Islamic terrorists, no people fighting for oil cake, nothing. Doesn't exist in Ghana. They have crime like anywhere else, but not organized crime like we have here. Just to double check, I typed in "Ghana Militant Group" into Google. All of the results were about MEND and Boko Haram. The Cape Militia is the closest Ghana came to having a militant group, and they were a media hoax.

Politically - Seriously? This isn't even worth talking about. Everyone knows that Ghana has one of the strongest democracies in Africa. Every opposition group claims rigging when they lose. Mitt Romney and Obama both claimed the other side was rigging in the lead up to the election. Just like advanced democracies, after the results of the election were called, every Ghananian accepted the results peacefully. Nobody started a riot, or stared killing their neighbors.

Education - Ghana's educational system is ahead of Nigeria. Their literacy rate is 80% (Naija 71%). Their primary school and secondary school attendance levels are almost double Nigeria. They also have more universities per person than here.

Don't lie about another country. It's pointless.
Also, who told you Cote D'Ivoire was 4x as developed as them?

I dont even need to argue with people like you.

1. How did I know D'Ivoire is more developed than Ghana? Bc I have business in both countries. Ivory Coast has d best road networks in West Africa to start with. Ask any Nigerian or Ghanaian living in Ivory Coast to tell you. Ivory Coast has at least 2 developed cities Ghana does not have any. Accra is a Slum without any world class facility. FACT

2. Ghana literacy rate cannot be 80% and i don't believe any of those government figures. Let me ask you, have you ever met any taxi driver in Lagos or Abuja that does not speak English? In ACCRA that happens to be the capital of Ghana at least 30% of taxi drivers do not speak English. I feel ashamed each time i stop a young boy or girl within the age of 30 and they tell you they don't speak English, ask Nigerians in Ghana if I am lying.

3. Ghana is as corrupt as Nigeria and I gave you facts. I don't believe all the western media. That same western media that told you Ghana is 6th least corrupt in Africa were the same people that ranked ghanas health sector second most corrupt in Africa just during the bruhaha with cosmos energy of USA. Thre is no other African country that do 419 scam as Nigerians and Ghanaians and this is a fact. There is no other country in Africa where police workd hand in hand with scammers apart from Nigeria and Ghana. In ghana i can kill anyone and get away with it as long as i settle police. Walk into any internet cafe in ghana and see things for yourself. Go google search about sakawa and see things for yourself.
Last few months ghana gold scammers stole 8 million us dollars from iraqi gold dealers and they paid the ghana IGP one million dollars to allow them scammers load FAKE GOLD into the private jet the victim came with. This cannot happen anywhere else in Africa. I can go on and on but i dont have such time.

HOW DO YOU EVEN MEASURE CORRUPTION? ANY GHANAIAN CAN SELL THEIR PASSPORT FOR MONEY, FACT. ANY GHANAIAN CAN DO ANYTHING FOR MONEY, FACT. GHANAS ONLY REFINERY IN TEMA HAS BEEN SHUT MANY TIMES LIKE NIGERIAN REFINERIES AND MOST TIMES ITS PRODUCING LESS THAN 50% CAPACITY ALL THESE BC OF CORRUPTION. THESE ARE FACTS.
WHERE IS GHANA AIRWAYS, IS IT NOT CORRUPTION THAT KILLED IT? I CAN GO ON AND ON BUT I DONT HAVE THE TIME. In West Africa, Ghana is second most corrupt just After Nigeria. Most Ghanaian overseas are either credit card scammers or drug barons.

4. Your rantings about ghana politics is laughable because I am sure you dont know ghana, you never been there you only rely on what you hear or read online. THE OPPOSITION IN GHANA DID NOT ACCEPT THE ELECTION RESULT TILL DATE, THEY REFUSED TO ACCEPT DEFEAT AND THEY ARE CURRENTLY CHALLENGING THE PRESIDENT IN COURT. these are verifiable facts.

5. I am not going to discuss the education issue again bc it is pointless. How do you prove to anyone that you are educated? WHEN GHANA STARTS PRODUCING PEOPLE LIKE SUEN OSEWA, DANGOTE, LEO STAN EKE, WOLE SOYINKA, CHINUA ACHEBE, INNOSON MOTORS ETC WE CAN TALK. You cant tell me you are educate when you cannot compete even in your home country. Every sector of ghanas economy is dominated by foreigners. Just last week First Bank Nigeria bought their ICB bank of Ghana. What do they teach Ghanaians in school? Is it how to make bastard children everywhere? Why are their educated folks not floating banks or even airlines? What about supermarket? All the few shopping malls in ghana are foreign owned?

6 Likes

Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by RickyRoss1(m): 1:39pm On Apr 30, 2013
solomon111: Is it the same ghana i went to last year for a wedding ceremony?
Lol.
Nigeria is better than ghana by a very long shot.
The only thing going for them is that they have less population-induced problems to contend with.

WORD
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by DandeNumeruno(m): 1:43pm On Apr 30, 2013
@Ricky_Ross or whatever you call yourself, enough with those absurdly long post already! I really don't have the energy to scroll and scroll before seeing the next post.

1 Like

Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by sakaguchi(m): 1:45pm On Apr 30, 2013
Ricky_Ross:

1. How did I know D'Ivoire is more developed than Ghana? Bc I have business in both countries. Ivory Coast has d best road networks in West Africa to start with. Ask any Nigerian or Ghanaian living in Ivory Coast to tell you. Ivory Coast has at least 2 developed cities Ghana does not have any. Accra is a Slum without any world class facility. FACT

2. Ghana literacy rate cannot be 80% and i don't believe any of those government figures. Let me ask you, have you ever met any taxi driver in Lagos or Abuja that does not speak English? In ACCRA that happens to be the capital of Ghana at least 30% of taxi drivers do not speak English. I feel ashamed each time i stop a young boy or girl within the age of 30 and they tell you they don't speak English, ask Nigerians in Ghana if I am lying.

3. Ghana is as corrupt as Nigeria and I gave you facts. I don't believe all the western media. That same western media that told you Ghana is 6th least corrupt in Africa were the same people that ranked ghanas health sector second most corrupt in Africa just during the bruhaha with cosmos energy of USA. Thre is no other African country that do 419 scam as Nigerians and Ghanaians and this is a fact. There is no other country in Africa where police workd hand in hand with scammers apart from Nigeria and Ghana. In ghana i can kill anyone and get away with it as long as i settle police. Walk into any internet cafe in ghana and see things for yourself. Go google search about sakawa and see things for yourself.
Last few months ghana gold scammers stole 8 million us dollars from iraqi gold dealers and they paid the ghana IGP one million dollars to allow them scammers load FAKE GOLD into the private jet the victim came with. This cannot happen anywhere else in Africa. I can go on and on but i dont have such time.

HOW DO YOU EVEN MEASURE CORRUPTION? ANY GHANAIAN CAN SELL THEIR PASSPORT FOR MONEY, FACT. ANY GHANAIAN CAN DO ANYTHING FOR MONEY, FACT. GHANAS ONLY REFINERY IN TEMA HAS BEEN SHUT MANY TIMES LIKE NIGERIAN REFINERIES AND MOST TIMES ITS PRODUCING LESS THAN 50% CAPACITY ALL THESE BC OF CORRUPTION. THESE ARE FACTS.
WHERE IS GHANA AIRWAYS, IS IT NOT CORRUPTION THAT KILLED IT? I CAN GO ON AND ON BUT I DONT HAVE THE TIME. In West Africa, Ghana is second most corrupt just After Nigeria. Most Ghanaian overseas are either credit card scammers or drug barons.

4. Your rantings about ghana politics is laughable because I am sure you dont know ghana, you never been there you only rely on what you hear or read online. THE OPPOSITION IN GHANA DID NOT ACCEPT THE ELECTION RESULT TILL DATE, THEY REFUSED TO ACCEPT DEFEAT AND THEY ARE CURRENTLY CHALLENGING THE PRESIDENT IN COURT. these are verifiable facts.

5. I am not going to discuss the education issue again bc it is pointless. How do you prove to anyone that you are educated? WHEN GHANA STARTS PRODUCING PEOPLE LIKE SUEN OSEWA, DANGOTE, LEO STAN EKE, WOLE SOYINKA, CHINUA ACHEBE, INNOSON MOTORS ETC WE CAN TALK. You cant tell me you are educate when you cannot compete even in your home country. Every sector of ghanas economy is dominated by foreigners. Just last week First Bank Nigeria bought their ICB bank of Ghana. What do they teach Ghanaians in school? Is it how to make bastard children everywhere? Why are their educated folks not floating banks or even airlines? What about supermarket? All the few shopping malls in ghana are foreign owned?
You are so on point and those who choose to argue with you should pick up the argument one after another as itemized
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by DandeNumeruno(m): 1:49pm On Apr 30, 2013
@sakaguchi,

Do you really need to quote the whole damnèd thing, you dweeb?
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by sakaguchi(m): 1:55pm On Apr 30, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno:

Notice one thing at the bolded. All the afore-mentioned countries has Muslim minorities. I dare you to prove me wrong.
The Largest Muslim country in the world "Indonesia" with a population of over 243 million people have more Muslims than Nigeria, Niger, Togo, Benin and Ghana put together. They also have more population than Nigeria, Niger, Togo and Ghana put together.
Guess what? Their economy is better than that of Nigeria, Niger, Togo, Benin and Ghana put together.
So how has Islam or overpopulation become the sole Problem of Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by RickyRoss1(m): 1:55pm On Apr 30, 2013
Okontami: @Ricky_Ross: Daddy you can lie o. When did all ATM cards in Ghana turn to Interswitch. Ghana is 100% VISA. Stop the lie. Or is that in your dreams?? How will u hustle for gas for 3 days ??Almost every body in Ghana use gas. If you have to hustle for 3 days that means the way you plan your life is very faulty. If your gas finishes, switch to electric cooker or have a small gas cylinder. Then buy when it is available. That is the practice in Ghana.

Mommy I dont even know how to answer you? You said all ATM Cards in Ghana is 100% visa? Now even a half backed illiterate knows this is a lie. ATM Card is different from credit card my dear, hahaha. And like i said, every ATM Card in Ghana harries interswitch logo.
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by DandeNumeruno(m): 2:11pm On Apr 30, 2013
sakaguchi:
The Largest Muslim country in the world "Indonesia" with a population of over 243 million people have more Muslims than Nigeria, Niger, Togo, Benin and Ghana put together. They also have more population than Nigeria, Niger, Togo and Ghana put together.
Guess what? Their economy is better than that of Nigeria, Niger, Togo, Benin and Ghana put together.
So how has Islam or overpopulation become the sole Problem of Nigeria?

When I talk of fast developing and innovative countries, Indonesia most certainly never comes to mind. A country that houses one of the world's most fanatical of Muslims can never really expect to progress. Not really.

And btw, their economy is not better than Nigeria's economy at all. Infact, its the other way round. You might as well say that North Korea is richer than Nigeria just because they are geographically not located in Africa.

I think you are mixing things up, confusing Malaysia with neighbors Indonesia. Malaysia is the gold mine, not your over-populous Muslim infested Indonesia.

Get your facts straight.
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 30, 2013
mekaboy: Well Ghana is ahead of Nigeria and $1 is 160 in Nigeria and $1 is almost 200 in ghana. If Ghana is doing better than Nigeria how come Nigeria currency is higher than that of Ghana?
I don't know who's better or not but your argument lacks any sort of substance. So because Greece spends euro and euro is stronger than the US dollar therefore Greece is doing better than the USA by your formulae...
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by DandeNumeruno(m): 2:22pm On Apr 30, 2013
@sakaguchi,
And before you come out predictably with the line about Malaysia being a predominantly Muslim enclave, allow me to chip this in.

Malaysia has a population of 61 Muslim as of 2012 which is not all that dominant, and which also automatically makes them a secular country. That means that Islamic laws takes a backseat to western laws in everyday lives.

That's the deal breaker, get it?

1 Like

Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by sakaguchi(m): 2:42pm On Apr 30, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno: @sakaguchi,
And before you come out predictably with the line about Malaysia being a predominantly Muslim enclave, allow me to chip this in.

Malaysia has a population of 61 Muslim as of 2012 which is not all that dominant, and which also automatically makes them a secular country. That means that Islamic laws takes a backseat to western laws in everyday lives.

That's the deal breaker, get it?
No signore! I'm not coming out with the "Malaysian line" even if as you have just confirm it has 61% Muslims as against Nigeria's about 50%, I'd rather tow the indonesia line, with a GDP of $1239 billion, indonesia is a member of the G20 and it is the 15th largest economy in the world as against Nigeria's GDP of $235 billion, we need not digress off-topic but neither is Islam or population the problem of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by DandeNumeruno(m): 3:08pm On Apr 30, 2013
sakaguchi:
No signore! I'm not coming out with the "Malaysian line" even if as you have just confirm it has 61% Muslims as against Nigeria's about 50%, I'd rather tow the indonesia line, with a GDP of $1239 billion, indonesia is a member of the G20 and it is the 15th largest economy in the world as against Nigeria's GDP of $235 billion, we need not digress off-topic but neither is Islam or population the problem of Nigeria.

Nigeria has a population of 59% Muslims according to CIA World factbook, which isn't all that different from Malaysian 61%.

And stop judging a country by it's GDPs. It doesn't really reflect what is actually going on internally and the standard of living of each nation.

Nuff said.
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by sakaguchi(m): 3:29pm On Apr 30, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno:

Nigeria has a population of 59% Muslims according to CIA World factbook, which isn't all that different from Malaysian 61%.

And stop judging a country by it's GDPs. It doesn't really reflect what is actually going on internally and the standard of living of each nation.

Nuff said.
59% so that means Nigeria and Malaysia are relatively on the same pedestal, why has Islam retrograded Nigerias growth without doing same to Malaysia?
Again 59% I don't ever remember the time CIA world fact book conducted a census in Nigeria. Maybe you too should stop judging a country by seating in Italy and reaching conclusion by what you see on the web.
On wikipedia updated as at last week has it that Christians make up about 51% of Nigerians and Muslims a little above 47%. You don't see me drawing conclusions from it because neither has wikipedia conducted a census to backup the stat. The issue is census in Nigeria is flawed for political gains and NPC has never conducted a credible census. Many are the problems of Nigeria, but it is not religion- Christainity/Islam/ATR neither is it population.

1 Like

Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 30, 2013
Top ten most corrupt country in d oda....1st is somalia,den north korea,afghanistan,sudan,uzbekistan,turkeministan,iraq,venezuela,haiti,equtorial gunea......!Top ten LEAST corrupt country..1st is denmark,then finland,newzealand,sweden,singapore,switzerland,australia,norway,netherland,iceland......,in d mos corrupt,u av d islamist country dominate d list,north korea,venezuela,haiti are mostly their traditional region,while equatorial guinea d christians/roman catholic dominate its religion...,as 4 d least corrupt country i cant c any country whr islam dominate...So what do u think?
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by soma042(m): 4:08pm On Apr 30, 2013
Gbawe:

See it as you will. At the end of the day Moslems co-exist peacefully with non-Moslems in the SW. If Islam is really the issue then it should be causing serious problems there too. I don't know when some of you will simply accept that boko Haram has become the hydra-headed monster it is today because of the unchecked and unrestricted political sponsors who are cynically, in most cases, using poor,scantily educated, disenfranchised and bitter Nigerians for their own parochial agenda.

shut that hole in your face young man who told you that crap, have YOUforgoting so quickly the killing that is going on in the whole north before the emergence of bokoharam. do you know how many trailer that would come and drop dead corps almost weekly in the east as @ 1998/2000/2002 have you forgo-ting so quickly that Muslims northerners are vampires,
carnivals,.
maybe you v forgoting anyway, but the atrocity that the northerners has incurred in us will ever remain fresh in our memory till the [b[i]]PAYBACKTIME......[/b][/i]
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 30, 2013
Ricky_Ross: In what way is Ghana moving ahead of Nigeria? Is it in development, science, technology or what? Many Nigerians are just ignorant, don't be surprised the OP has never been to Ghana, he rely on hearsay. Believe me Ghana is terribly over-hyped. There is no single world class infrastructure in Ghana. The Ghanaian newspapers are still printed in black and white till date. The best news papers and magazines in Ghana are Nigerian made like Ovation etc. These are simple things that matters.

TECHNOLOGICALLY: Ghana cannot match Nigeria in technology. In Africa Nigeria is leading in space science/technology. Our scientists have launched satellites etc. Innoson motors is made in Nigeria and is already plying the roads of Accra daily. GO TO CROSS COUNTRY TRANSPORT IN ACCRA, JUST BEFORE BUSY INTERNET AFTER KWAME NKRUMAH CIRCLE.

MANUFACTURED GOODS: Enter any drug store in Ghana most of their prescription drugs carry NAFDAC NUMBERS, I dont know why. Enter any shop/supermarket in Ghana you will see lots of made in Nigeria products like gala, indomie, dangote pasta, biscuit, cement, la casera, bread, news papers, Zinox desktops/laptops. Every ATM Card in Ghana carries INTERSWITCH Logo and this is a Nigerian company. As a Nigerian, how many made in Ghana products do you see in Nigeria apart from alomo bitters?

POLITICALLY: This is where Ghana has done better than Nigeria. But the last election in Ghana is marred in mass rigging. The opposition party has sued the president and they are presently in court. Most people believe the opposition won the last election and they claim Obasanjo helped the sitting president to ring/win. This last election has seriously dented Ghana's image overseas. The opposition has brought thousands of evidence of mass rigging.

SECURITY: Ghana has less population and so is more secure than Nigeria. However, Northern region of Ghana is as volatile as Northern Nigeria. Ghana has thousands of refugees in Togo till date. Muslims have same mindset everywhere. if a Nigerian Muslim can carry bomb then their brothers in Ghana or elsewhere can do same.

EDUCATION: Daily we hear cheering news of brilliant Nigerians making waves in IVY League schools worldwide. Innoson schooled in Nigeria and today he is an Automobile manufacturer, his buses are plying Nigerian roads as well as west coast of Africa including Ghana. Suen Osewa studied in Nigeria and he is the proud owner of Nairaland. Nairaland is Africas largest forum. Leo Stan Eke studied in Nigeria and he is the manufacturer of Zinox computers, his computers are available all over West Africa including Ghana. And so is Dangote Africas richest man, and the list is endless. I never even start to mention the Wole Soyinkas, The Chinua Achebes etc. I never even mention that some of our musicians and movie stars are school drop outs but yet they run the gamot in Africa. If Ghanaian schools are better why are they not producing scientists and industrialists? The only reason Nigerians are schooling in Ghana is bc we dont have enough schools to go round, and in Ghana you dont need any JAMB to gain university admission. There are Nigerians studying in over 75 countries around the world. I personally believe wisdom is inborn, you dont get it from attending the best school in the world. I am a living example.

CORRUPTION: Ghana is as corrupt as Nigeria. Ghana is the second most corrupt country in West Africa immediately after Nigeria. Ghana boys and girls have taken over internet scamming. They have even added charms/sakawa/juju to it which is why most ghana scammers die within 3 years of making money. They are too dumb they cannot use their god given brain which is why they resort to witchcraft to deceive their victims. Just google the word SAKAWA on the internet.
Just 3 days ago Three Ghanaians were arrested in US for credit card scam (http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=272391&comment=0#com) HAVE YOU EVER HEARD ANY OTHER WEST AFRICAN BEING ARREST OVERSEAS FOR 419 SCAMS APART FROM NIGERIANS AND GHANAIANS?

Ghana airways died the same way Nigerian airways died. Corruption killed both of them.
On paper Ghana has national health insurance but in reality most hospitals in Ghana don't accept the health insurance cards. The position is calling for the NHIS to be scrapped bc all the money is going into fraudulent pockets.

Ghanaian doctors are striking for over 1 month now and counting (http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=272515) I know 2 people who died in Ghana last week bc they cannot get medical attention. One is a family friend to my father inlaw.

If a Ghanain ask you what has Nigeria done with its big oil wealth as them what they have done with their gold, diamonds and cocoa. For the records, Ivory Coast does not have any gold or oil, their main income is cocoa and their population is similar to Ghanas but Ivory Coast is at least 4 times more developed than Ghana.

So OP, next time be sure before saying what you dont know. Our economy is stronger and better than Ghanas economy. Nigerians are presently enjoying more electricity than Ghanians, I know bc I go there multiple times yearly including last month unlike the average Nigerian that believes on hearsay. When they laugh at you about the long lines at our petrol stations remind them its worst in Ghana. I was in Ghana last month and I witnessed it takes 3 days of hustling to buy gas. Most Ghanains are now using CHARCOAL to cook. These are verifiable FACTS.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Nigeria does not seem as dark anymore. Thanks for the info. and the hope given.

3 Likes

Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 30, 2013
mekaboy: Well Ghana is ahead of Nigeria and $1 is 160 in Nigeria and $1 is almost 200 in ghana. If Ghana is doing better than Nigeria how come Nigeria currency is higher than that of Ghana?
dude its very obvious you are still living in 1970.
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by Gbawe: 5:04pm On Apr 30, 2013
soma042:

shut that hole in your face young man who told you that crap, have YOUforgoting so quickly the killing that is going on in the whole north before the emergence of bokoharam. do you know how many trailer that would come and drop dead corps almost weekly in the east as @ 1998/2000/2002 have you forgo-ting so quickly that Muslims northerners are vampires,
carnivals,.
maybe you v forgoting anyway, but the atrocity that the northerners has incurred in us will ever remain fresh in our memory till the [b[i]]PAYBACKTIME......[/b][/i]

Look, the lack of progress of Nigeria is directly related to poor performance from leaders at the federal and State level. How does that have anything to do with Islam? How, for example, does Islam prevent Uduaghan from developing Delta State? Did Islam force Igbinedion to loot instead of developing Edo State? Was Gbenga Daniel forced to loot and pillage his State by Islam? When OBJ stole Nigeria blind at the federal level for 8 years, did Islam cause that? Even extreme prejudice should not blind judgement this much.

3 Likes

Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by dasparrow: 5:09pm On Apr 30, 2013
Ricky_Ross:

Hmmmmm, interesting info. I am learning.

@Post

Will comment later. Very interesting thread with solid arguments coming from both sides.
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 30, 2013
sakaguchi:
I never knew big population could be a problem, India, China, Brazil, USA seems to be having it right partly due to their colossal human head
dude you are not thinking. How will you compare Nigeria to countries like USA, India, China and Brazil that are one of the richest in the world? If Nigerias population is growing with its wealth we would not be in the mess we are in today. Apart from that why has the Chinese government decided to start monitoring the population growth of the country? Is it not to reduce poverty?
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by Nobody: 5:15pm On Apr 30, 2013
Emmadani: Sum pple are sayin saudi arabia,egypt n al oda major islamist country are stil developed dan nigeria.Y are u pple comparin white man muslim wit d black man muslim mainly hausa/fulani pple?If u want compare interms of development then compare 9ja wit fellow africa muslims like mali,chad,niger,somalia.Dnt compare egypt to nigeria.Egypt as bin 4 a long time,u shuld b comparing egypt wit china,italy n d rest ancient contries.
GBAM! But laugh wan kill me die, tho. grin grin grin
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by Nobody: 5:23pm On Apr 30, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno:

When I talk of fast developing and innovative countries, Indonesia most certainly never comes to mind. A country that houses one of the world's most fanatical of Muslims can never really expect to progress. Not really.

And btw, their economy is not better than Nigeria's economy at all. Infact, its the other way round. You might as well say that North Korea is richer than Nigeria just because they are geographically not located in Africa.

I think you are mixing things up, confusing Malaysia with neighbors Indonesia. Malaysia is the gold mine, not your over-populous Muslim infested Indonesia.

Get your facts straight.
dude I think its you that is confused. The dude that posted the information you replied to is right. Indonesias GDP(ppp) is about 1,208 trillion. Source:wikipedia
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by solomon111(m): 5:25pm On Apr 30, 2013
Whoever said Nigeria GDP is $293 billion should correct him/her self.
Nigeria's GDP is $395 billion using the 1970 index.
It would get significantly higher when it is rebased.
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by DandeNumeruno(m): 5:42pm On Apr 30, 2013
sakaguchi:
59% so that means Nigeria and Malaysia are relatively on the same pedestal, why has Islam retrograded Nigerias growth without doing same to Malaysia?

Simple. Simply because the Malaysian government doesn't allow Islam to take the fore front as in the case of Nigeria. That's what secular governance is all about.
Nigeria is supposed to be a secular nation as well, but it's laughable to even think about that because the indigenous population are just too religious to get it rolling like it should. Which boils down to what it is; Religion.

sakaguchi: Again 59% I don't ever remember the time CIA world fact book conducted a census in Nigeria. Maybe you too should stop judging a country by seating in Italy and reaching conclusion by what you see on the web.
On wikipedia updated as at last week has it that Christians make up about 51% of Nigerians and Muslims a little above 47%.

Seriously dude, sometimes you reason as if you are from Mars. How can you disregard the world number one App for knowing the actual facts and figures of any country in planet earth?

Anyways, after a brief consultation of CIA World factbook in my system, I realised that I was wrong previously when I put the Nigerian Indigenous Muslim population as 59%.

Here are the actual figures;

Muslims = 50%

Christians = 40%

Others = 10%

The figure still puts Nigeria as a Muslim country anyhow. So based on that my argument still stands.

I don't know where you allegedly got your preposterous figures putting the Christian population ahead of Muslims, but I suggest you look again.

And btw, I have spent some times in Nigeria with my Dad's people to know what I'm talking about. Islam and religious fanaticism is running your country to the ground.

3 Likes

Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by DandeNumeruno(m): 5:46pm On Apr 30, 2013
babe_online:
dude I think its you that is confused. The dude that posted the information you replied to is right. Indonesias GDP(ppp) is about 1,208 trillion. Source:wikipedia

Are you even educated?

Sorry, I don't argue with market women.

Puttana.
Re: GHANA Is Moving Ahead Of NIGERIA, Is Simply Because Islam Has No Place. by Bratking(m): 6:00pm On Apr 30, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno:

Are you even educated?

Sorry, I don't argue with market women.

Puttana.

i have been following your post for long time now and i notice you like insulting people. take it easy bro and learn some manners.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Presents Lagos State Budget Proposal Of 1.168 Trillion Naira for 2020 / Atiku Condemns Inter-Communal Violence In Benue / Sanusi's Coronation Postponed For Security Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.