Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,972 members, 7,814,295 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Should Tribe Be A Barrier For Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Tribe Be A Barrier For Marriage? (1466 Views)

Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? / I Need An Advice: Can Tribe Be A Barrier / Should Religion Be A Barrier For Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Tribe Be A Barrier For Marriage? by laurachi: 4:34pm On May 16, 2012
A guy told his girlfriend that they cannot get married because they are from different ethnic groups, according to him he would prefer to marry a girl from his tribe that he could only date her, he also said that in the course of their relationship if she finds a man who wants to marry her she should let him know. Nairalanders do you think such a girl should maintain such a relationship without a future?
Re: Should Tribe Be A Barrier For Marriage? by luckgames(m): 4:36pm On May 16, 2012
laurachi: A guy told his girlfriend that they cannot get married because they are from different ethnic groups, according to him he would prefer to marry a girl from his tribe that he could only date her, he also said that in the course of their relationship if she finds a man who wants to marry her she should let him know. Nairalanders do you think such a girl should maintain such a relationship without a future?

Ok
It is all about Fucking
The dude put it out there---Good guy

1 Like

Re: Should Tribe Be A Barrier For Marriage? by Killz1(m): 4:53pm On May 16, 2012
Tribe shouldn't be a barrier, but Religion should.
Re: Should Tribe Be A Barrier For Marriage? by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 16, 2012
Killz.:
Tribe shouldn't be a barrier, but Religion should.

Religion shouldn't either.

OT: The guy is crazy and a loser. What a waste of time. If I were her, I'd dump him.
Re: Should Tribe Be A Barrier For Marriage? by slimyem: 7:20pm On May 16, 2012
what the guy wants is clear and straight!
No committment!
Tribe and Religion CAN or CANNOT be barriers...each depending on the partners in the relationship!
Re: Should Tribe Be A Barrier For Marriage? by Killz1(m): 7:22pm On May 16, 2012
ogugua88:

Religion shouldn't either.

OT: The guy is crazy and a loser. What a waste of time. If I were her, I'd dump him.
From experiences, it should. It never ends well. It may start well, but it's end is a NO NO. It's better you avoid it from the get go.

Can you marry a guy that bows down to a Carved Wooden god every morning?
Re: Should Tribe Be A Barrier For Marriage? by nanalady(f): 8:05pm On May 16, 2012
what kind of rlationship is dat...she should flee frm it
Re: Should Tribe Be A Barrier For Marriage? by Nobody: 8:07pm On May 16, 2012
I am glad I don't have this issue.
Re: Should Tribe Be A Barrier For Marriage? by johnugwu: 10:28pm On May 16, 2012
Tribe shd not b a barrier but for religion hmmm. Dats a big no, hw can two work together if dey dont agree.
Religion has a big part to play in our marriage, even in d bible God prohibits marriage wit unbelievers. Sorry if iam wrong but dats wat i believe.
Re: Should Tribe Be A Barrier For Marriage? by MrsChima(f): 10:44pm On May 16, 2012
If the couple is unequally yoked...it WILL NOT WORK under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

You can be unequally yoked in goals, expectations, desires, ambitions, thoughts, and motivations.

It doesn't always have to be religion, ethnicities, and political views.

For example, I have two friends are a couple and from the same ethnicity group (Hispanic) and they can't get along to save their life!

They are Hispanic, Catholic, and Republicans......THEY ARE NOT COMPATIBILE! So again, it doesn't always have to be religion, ethnicity, and political views.
Re: Should Tribe Be A Barrier For Marriage? by Nobody: 10:48pm On May 16, 2012
Hmmm
Re: Should Tribe Be A Barrier For Marriage? by cowgurl: 11:15pm On May 16, 2012
laurachi: A guy told his girlfriend that they cannot get married because they are from different ethnic groups, according to him he would prefer to marry a girl from his tribe that he could only date her, he also said that in the course of their relationship if she finds a man who wants to marry her she should let him know.
VERY FUNNY!
Re: Should Tribe Be A Barrier For Marriage? by Nobody: 11:29pm On May 16, 2012
Killz.:
From experiences, it should. It never ends well. It may start well, but it's end is a NO NO. It's better you avoid it from the get go.

Can you marry a guy that bows down to a Carved Wooden god every morning?

Just as there are people who don't allow tribe to be a barrier, there are people who don't allow religion to be a barrier. It's very possible for a Muslim and Christian couple to have an understanding and marry, or couples of other religions.
Re: Should Tribe Be A Barrier For Marriage? by Killz1(m): 11:33pm On May 16, 2012
ogugua88:

Just as there are people who don't allow tribe to be a barrier, there are people who don't allow religion to be a barrier. It's very possible for a Muslim and Christian couple to have an understanding and marry, or couples of other religions.

Ogugua88, Can you marry a guy that bows down to a Carved Wooden god every morning?
Stop circumambulating!
Re: Should Tribe Be A Barrier For Marriage? by Nobody: 12:00am On May 17, 2012
Killz.:
Ogugua88, Can you marry a guy that bows down to a Carved Wooden god every morning?
Stop circumambulating!

The question is: "would I leave a guy that bows down to a carved wooden god every morning?" The answer to that is no.
Re: Should Tribe Be A Barrier For Marriage? by Killz1(m): 10:47am On May 17, 2012
ogugua88:

The question is: "would I leave a guy that bows down to a carved wooden god every morning?" The answer to that is no.

That applies to "after" you married him and found out he bows to a carved god. . . Would you still marry him after finding out his religion involves worshiping a lifeless thing? I'm not talking of "after" you get married to him, but "before" you get married. . . Don't try being smart here. wink
Re: Should Tribe Be A Barrier For Marriage? by Nobody: 6:38pm On May 17, 2012
Killz.:
That applies to "after" you married him and found out he bows to a carved god. . . Would you still marry him after finding out his religion involves worshiping a lifeless thing? I'm not talking of "after" you get married to him, but "before" you get married. . . Don't try being smart here. wink

What's the difference between worshiping a carved god, and worshiping a god one cannot see? It won't bother me. It's 2012. People are tolerant, including myself. Religion isn't a barrier for me, as long as I'm not effected. If he can go his own way and I go my own, then it's cool.

(1) (Reply)

She Got Pregnant For A Frd Of Mine When She Is Asthmatic And Still Schooling / For The Guys And Mature Women / If Ur Wife Slaps U A Few Weeks After Ur Wedding, How Wud U React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.