Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,520 members, 7,954,974 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:29 PM

What Is Africa Without The Horn? - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / What Is Africa Without The Horn? (24042 Views)

Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? / Have You Ever Seen Any Horners Half Mixed? (horn Of Africa) / Africa Without Slavery And Colonization (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by redsun(m): 5:41pm On May 20, 2012
The only blackman who doesnt know where he belongs is the mentally enslaved.Nobody can help him,he is like a walking corspe.There is no superiority in failure.

I will miss the wild of the region,the wonders of nature at its best,as close as it can be to the beginning of time,the rift vally.
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by PhysicsQED(m): 5:55pm On May 20, 2012
I see that the Somali wikipediaists have started claiming that the cannon was first used on the African continent by al Ghazi of the Adal Sultanate in 1529. This is idiotic. Cannon had been used in North Africa before then - for example in Melilla almost 300 years earlier.

(The Moors introduced cannon to Europeans in Iberia after it was introduced to the Islamic world from east Asia, by the way.)

And the king of Benin seized cannon from a Portuguese ship in 1514 (the Portuguese were very averse to selling firearms to non-Christians):

http://books.google.com/books?id=AVZDHeVEeywC&pg=PA114
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by PhysicsQED(m): 6:12pm On May 20, 2012
PhysicsQED: Somalia is East Africa's urinal.

^^^
"Somalia: East Africa's latrine"

That should be their national motto.
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by redsun(m): 6:15pm On May 20, 2012
PhysicsQED:

"Somalia: East Africa's latrine"

That should be their national motto.

They are almost extinct,u know.Because they are not evolving.The same way nigeria is heading.A people totally oblivious of reasoning.
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by cfours: 7:15pm On May 20, 2012
KnowAll:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPBHgWG-MtY

Crackhead Somalian LovePeddler soliciting for sex.

shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by redsun(m): 8:44pm On May 20, 2012
c.fours:

shocked shocked shocked

A crack head is dead a head,it doesn't matter the race.
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by ayanle456: 9:39pm On May 20, 2012
well so much to answer. somalis were never enslaved by arabs. you can search it online, i dont have time to provide links as i am using my iphone and not my laptop. somalis were the first to use canons cause the canons were used by the ottoman and they gave it to us. somalia is homogenous, those groups most of them are somali clans who are very small. the only non somalis are the arabs and bantu. the majority of the groups fled in the early 90"s. the guy comparing west africa to somalia! lmao. doesnt
matter how strong ur country is if u still get enslaved. for the person who mention ottoman empire being our love-vendor. somalia was one of the outter regions of the empire. we used them to get us weapons. so technically we were the pimps. just like how we used the russians and the americans against each other. am not underemployed am a 24 year old guy who has his own small buisness within a large somali mall in usa.
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by ektbear: 9:46pm On May 20, 2012
hercules07: The guy thought because we yab ourselves, we will not close ranks when outsiders come to yab us, he has been appropriately schooled, o ga o, Somalian is yabbing Nigerians and other Africans, he should go and watch Black Hawk down.

Lol
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by khukhi(f): 10:03pm On May 20, 2012
ayanle456: well so much to answer. somalis were never enslaved by arabs. you can search it online, i dont have time to provide links as i am using my iphone and not my laptop. somalis were the first to use canons cause the canons were used by the ottoman and they gave it to us. somalia is homogenous, those groups most of them are somali clans who are very small. the only non somalis are the arabs and bantu. the majority of the groups fled in the early 90"s. the guy comparing west africa to somalia! lmao. doesnt
matter how strong ur country is if u still get enslaved. for the person who mention ottoman empire being our love-vendor. somalia was one of the outter regions of the empire. we used them to get us weapons. so technically we were the pimps. just like how we used the russians and the americans against each other. am not underemployed am a 24 year old guy who has his own small buisness within a large somali mall in usa.

Large Somali Mall.._uuuhhhmmm busy selling fake chinese goods like all the Somalis all over our side walks in Jhb? They're deported everyday but 1 goes and five land! And they don't even pay tax! Guess they want every country to end up like they're god forsaken country. grin
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by andrewza: 10:08pm On May 20, 2012
How did you get America and russia to go at each other. I mean never crossed your minded it was the cold war.

The Turks where just using you in there war hence pimping you out.

24 years old left 19 years ago. You not even a true Somalian.

How about southern africa no enslavement there. Actually the zulus where the only African tribe to beat the english in a battle.
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by PhysicsQED(m): 10:17pm On May 20, 2012
Ayanle of "call now and donate 11 cents" fame, you are living in a world of utter delusion. The Russians dropped you faster than a sack of flaming sh1t in the late 70s and the sponsorship of America that followed was never utilized properly and instead became worthless when you descended into anarchy. I wonder how anyone can claim that they're the pimps when the Russians delivered a financial and military bitchslap that you never recovered from and the USA gave you guys a battle of Mogadishu bitchslap and a sniper-bullet-through-the-head-of-a-pirate bitchslap that disgraced you internationally. Do pimps get bitchslapped by those that they're using, or is it the other way around?

And post one source that shows that actual Somali soldiers (not Ottoman Turkish soldiers actually physically present in Somalia to defend their investment) fired cannon before the late 1200s when it was used in North Africa or before 1514 when cannon were commandeered by soldiers from a West African kingdom from those that refused (on account of religion) to sell to them.
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by ayanle456: 10:18pm On May 20, 2012
any somali whether you are born in somalia or not is a somali citizen. so i am somali. lmao also we used the russians ans usa by threatning to evict them and tading one super power for the other when it suited us.
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by andrewza: 10:28pm On May 20, 2012
ayanle456: any somali whether you are born in somalia or not is a somali citizen. so i am somali. lmao also we used the russians ans usa by threatning to evict them and tading one super power for the other when it suited us.

Yet you know nothing of the land. You will be shocked if you ever return there. Probably run back to your real home (America) crying.

Threatening to evict a super power during cold war? Source please.

And jumping in between the beds just shows how stupid you are. You claim to be great traders but that would just piss any potential buyer off. No wonder you collapsed.
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by redsun(m): 10:30pm On May 20, 2012
I heard some frantic experience with some somalians last night in london.We were queing for a coach about half eleven last night,a group,six precicely,of what suppose to be young western looking somalians just walk up to the queue and disorganized it as if they are in somalia where there is no order.

Very unruly set of people.I dont know them much,but the ones i have come across are not really quite impressive.Just like this guy here,the poster.
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by ayanle456: 10:32pm On May 20, 2012
http://books.google.com/books?id=Y_nXi_oNu-UC&pg=PA130&lpg=PA130&dq=somalia+evicts+soviet+union&source=bl&ots=oUfzaExing&sig=1vJqp88nNDpAMgGjzX7rXiD2JB0&hl=en&sa=X&ei=WWK5T5C6OoqFsAKJ4oGLDA&ved=0CFAQ6AEwAg

we kicked the soviets out and brought the usa in. its sad that your are denying me my somaliness. if you were smart you would know somali is a nationality and an ethnicity. no other country in africa is named after an ethnic group.
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by BlackBaron: 10:40pm On May 20, 2012
To save your race from self inflicted extinction, you need to abolish your qabili system and maybe take a cue from the Japanese who abolished their clan classes during the Meiji restoration.
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by PhysicsQED(m): 10:46pm On May 20, 2012
Significant US support only followed the end of the war with Ethiopia.

And here is a proper account of what went down between Somalia and the USSR:

http://books.google.com/books?id=a-iQ6JN_PsAC&pg=PA17&dq=Soviets+dropped+Somalia&hl=en&sa=X&ei=dmS5T4m2AYGC2wXS46SpCQ&ved=0CDQQ6AEwAA

Note how the Russians completely fvcking played Barre, even though every single thing they did for Ethiopia, they could have easily done for Somalia. The Russians are well known opportunists and your guy Barre let them make a fool of him instead of using them to his advantage. Note that Somalia lost significant military support and got mostly 'soft' support when it had to opt for the US.
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by ayanle456: 10:46pm On May 20, 2012
the clan system is whats makes u somali. if you dont have a clan system anyone can claim somali. the clan system has safed somalia from intermingling with non somalis. if your father isnt somali than you are not somali.

i can return to somalia. the entire capital is peaceful so is 95 percent of the country. i wana get my phd than go back to help my people. somalia is in a strtegic location. it will always be important. half the supplies that go to europe go through the somali coast and than go throug the suez canal in egypt than sent to europe.
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by andrewza: 10:51pm On May 20, 2012
ayanle456: http://books.google.com/books?id=Y_nXi_oNu-UC&pg=PA130&lpg=PA130&dq=somalia+evicts+soviet+union&source=bl&ots=oUfzaExing&sig=1vJqp88nNDpAMgGjzX7rXiD2JB0&hl=en&sa=X&ei=WWK5T5C6OoqFsAKJ4oGLDA&ved=0CFAQ6AEwAg

we kicked the soviets out and brought the usa in. its sad that your are denying me my somaliness. if you were smart you would know somali is a nationality and an ethnicity. no other country in africa is named after an ethnic group.

So you did not trade between the super powers has you needed. You dropped the USSR for USA same has Egypt.

You may be ethnic Somalian but not a Somalian national claim so is stupid.

What is so special about being named after a ethnic group. It does not make you great. Find one great nation of to day named after a ethnic group. And no the french and english are not. The english are a mix but most are Anglo/Saxson. Same for france a mix with groups such has the Normans.

You bragging about long past glory and pointless things. I don't care how powerful you where in the 1300 it is the 21st century now. Name one achievement of the last 50 years.
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by andrewza: 10:51pm On May 20, 2012
ayanle456: http://books.google.com/books?id=Y_nXi_oNu-UC&pg=PA130&lpg=PA130&dq=somalia+evicts+soviet+union&source=bl&ots=oUfzaExing&sig=1vJqp88nNDpAMgGjzX7rXiD2JB0&hl=en&sa=X&ei=WWK5T5C6OoqFsAKJ4oGLDA&ved=0CFAQ6AEwAg

So you did not trade between the super powers has you needed. You dropped the USSR for USA same has Egypt.

You may be ethnic Somalian but not a Somalian national claim so is stupid.

What is so special about being named after a ethnic group. It does not make you great. Find one great nation of to day named after a ethnic group. And no the french and english are not. The english are a mix but most are Anglo/Saxson. Same for france a mix with groups such has the Normans.

You bragging about long past glory and pointless things. I don't care how powerful you where in the 1300 it is the 21st century now. Name one achievement of the last 50 years.
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by ayanle456: 10:58pm On May 20, 2012
my nationality is somali. i was born in somalia. i know its crazy for you to understand why i would claim a country which i left 20 yrs ago, that doesnt have a strong central govermnets for 20 yrs. but thats what separates us. its called pride. i know africans who come here and start saluting the usa flag. but i will always claim my nation of birth for i intend to go back when my studies are over. pride my friend is something u will never have. even in our current state of our nation, we have as much pride as a superpower.
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by andrewza: 11:03pm On May 20, 2012
ayanle456: my nationality is somali. i was born in somalia. i know its crazy for you to understand why i would claim a country which i left 20 yrs ago, that doesnt have a strong central govermnets for 20 yrs. but thats what separates us. its called pride. i know africans who come here and start saluting the usa flag. but i will always claim my nation of birth for i intend to go back when my studies are over. pride my friend is something u will never have. even in our current state of our nation, we have as much pride as a superpower.

I have pride. I was have enough love to have not left.

You will not survive in Africa you don't know how it is here. You lived a life of protection and comfort you will not be able to give it up. You no more a African than Obama.
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by ayanle456: 11:11pm On May 20, 2012
i dont care about africa. i care about somalia. as for me surviving northern somalia is as safe as anywhere else. i have uncles and aunts who still live there.
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 20, 2012
ayanle456: my nationality is somali. i was born in somalia. i know its crazy for you to understand why i would claim a country which i left 20 yrs ago, that doesnt have a strong central govermnets for 20 yrs. but thats what separates us. its called pride. i know africans who come here and start saluting the usa flag. but i will always claim my nation of birth for i intend to go back when my studies are over. pride my friend is something u will never have. even in our current state of our nation, we have as much pride as a superpower.

You left Somalia only 20 years ago and you have already forgotten that you are black! In the eyes of a real racist, nothing separates you from any other black, whether you are Somalian or sudanese is irrelevant.
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by ayanle456: 11:21pm On May 20, 2012
i dont care what a white racist things. why do u trip over urselfs to claim somalis. like i said we are muslim than somali. after its irrelavent. stop claiming us. its so pathetic. we are a unique people in the center of africa and the arab world. our culture has benefited from our unique location.
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by andrewza: 11:30pm On May 20, 2012
ayanle456: i dont care about africa. i care about somalia. as for me surviving northern somalia is as safe as anywhere else. i have uncles and aunts who still live there.

You are African every Somalian is African. Somalia is in Africa thus its people are African. Even Egyptians are African. And I did not say you could not survive somalia. I said you won't survive in Africa any where in Africa.

Somalia is not has save has you think. Al shabab is not out for the count if the AU forces leave the war restarts. The areas out side the majore citys are controlled by bandits even the city's are home to gangs. The north is safer but last weak a group was sentenced to death for a attack on a northern military base. And even there is another problem. If the south gets it act together there will be a north south civil war.
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by ayanle456: 11:34pm On May 20, 2012
i know my own country. as i have visited somalia, djibouti twice in the last 6 yrs.

anyway u and i can never see eye to eye. ur people are haunted by slavery to see the world and non africans in an objective manner. and my people are to prideful to see you as equals. so stop responding to me. i wanna talk to another slave.
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by Onlytruth(m): 11:38pm On May 20, 2012
To think that some folks from Nigeria and South Africa actually care about what this pathetic Somali soul thinks. undecided
Africans are really beautiful people. Go find out whether a Japanese cares about what an Afghan thinks. Meanwhile they are both "Asians". lmao.

Make I de waka jare. cool

1 Like

Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by andrewza: 11:43pm On May 20, 2012
ayanle456: i know my own country. as i have visited somalia, djibouti twice in the last 6 yrs.

anyway u and i can never see eye to eye. ur people are haunted by slavery to see the world and non africans in an objective manner. and my people are to prideful to see you as equals. so stop responding to me. i wanna talk to another slave.

Has I told you before. I am not a west african. I am from the south. And white of english decent. Aka the guys that colonized your school girls ass.

Some how I doubt you left Somaliland in the north.
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by ayanle456: 11:47pm On May 20, 2012
on another thread a lady named onila is begging me not to ruin her thread if she creates a thread showing somali people. u guys are butt kissers.
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by BlackBaron: 11:49pm On May 20, 2012
Your retorts are pitiful. Funny you were so keen on Mogadishu previously, cos you knew the current lull and calm will be only temporary as your ever eternal brotherly civil war since 1991 you switched to Northern Somalia which is Somaliland/Puntland territory right undecided

I daresay again, until you drop your clan based society...
Re: What Is Africa Without The Horn? by ayanle456: 11:56pm On May 20, 2012
why do u care about our clan based society. its what prevents outsiders from becoming somali. u seem obsessed. mogadishu has been in goverment hands for two years. the north has. een stable for 20 yrs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Wildfires Raging Across Southern Turkey( Pics, Video) / Guinea: Heavy Gunshots Erupt, Conackry On Military Lockdown / France Warns Iran On Drone Deliveries To Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.