Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. (14246 Views)

Buhari Seeks Senate Approval To Borrow N2.10 Trn / Nigeria To Borrow $2Billion From World Bank - Okonjo-Iweala / Why Does A Country Needs To Borrow When She Can Easily Print More? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by pato405(m): 7:31am On May 18, 2012
they are NOT through with Nigeria yet.
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by Takara: 7:35am On May 18, 2012
fresh air!
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by grafikii: 7:36am On May 18, 2012
It is no more buhari and boko haram, now its crude stealing in the delta. Stupid government. May 29 mass protest.
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by kasperone8: 7:41am On May 18, 2012
owobokiri: Borrowing is not a taboo. What we should be mindfull of is how the borrowed sum is spent. Every developing country borrows to fund projects essential for the rapid development of the state. .Problem with Iweala and Nigeria is that we know what will happen to these borrowed sum. Iweala is a vintage coward! An establishment candidate. She always prefer policy alternatives that forces ordinary Nigerians to bear the cost and pains of government corruption. So she borrows again and again, mortgaging the future of the country although she is well aware that most of these funds will be looted. She supports fuel price hikes even if the accruing reveneu will be used to bribe senators and governors whom she will NEVER challenge strongly over their corrupt ways. The woman is totally disconnected from the ordinary Nigerian! A textbook finance minister.
Well said!I couldn't have put it any better!
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by Neroc: 7:48am On May 18, 2012
Am beginning to ponder who our president really is.. Is it JONATHAN or OKONJO? Wat kind of an idiot is dat woman who feels she knws all economics principles and dat has is final like w didn't read economics... Its nt her fault bt blame it on d statue we hv as a president who sit n allow odas to detect our economy for him!!
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by andyprez(m): 7:51am On May 18, 2012
Hmmm!!!! I just weak for this country
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by friedrice1: 8:03am On May 18, 2012
let's give gej and PDP a chance to destroy Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by Silva79(f): 8:03am On May 18, 2012
Nigeria When would be start borrowing common sense? Na God Go Judge

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by Silva79(f): 8:03am On May 18, 2012
Nigeria When would we start borrowing common sense? Na God Go Judge
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by ayox2003: 8:03am On May 18, 2012
Wait, lets not blame Iweala jare. Its GEJ that wants to borrow the money not Iweala.
Wasnt she the one who cleared our debts under OBJs administration?
Its GEJ that is clueless! GEJ wants to run this country dry.
Maxim: OBJ brought in Iweala to clear our debts while GEJ brought in Iweala to incur more debts... And she must obey orders.
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by cyril83(m): 8:05am On May 18, 2012
Diz woman own is getting too much in diz country oh...somebdy shud warn diz failure human being
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by WINFORTH: 8:17am On May 18, 2012
ayox2003: Wait, lets not blame Iweala jare. Its GEJ that wants to borrow the money not Iweala.
Maxim: OBJ brought in Iweala to clear our debts while GEJ brought in Iweala to incur more debts... And she must obey orders.

GBAM !!!
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by Nobody: 8:20am On May 18, 2012
I knew this would happen anytime soon but I am still shocked to hear it. Nigeria news dey tire me.
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by nkemKalu: 8:22am On May 18, 2012
Hahahahaha.........here we go again.....THE THIRD FASTEST GROWING ECONOMY IN THE WORLD AND THE ECONOMY THAT IS ON COURSE. GOODLUCK TO ME...EHEE, GOODLUCK TO U...EHHEE...GODLUCK TO EVERYBODY, GOODLUCK TO DADDY SHOKEY AND ALL THE ACTORS AND ACTRESSES INCLUDING ONYEKA OWENU THAT GAVE US GOOD SONGS DURING THE CAMPAIGN PERIOD. THEY SHOULD ALSO BE READY TO GIVE US ANOTHER ONE IN 2015.
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by freshside: 8:22am On May 18, 2012
Gej should resign he cannot manage 9ja pls and pls advise him to go back and rest @ otuoke his villa
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by Nobody: 8:24am On May 18, 2012
Bontee:

http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/24962/2012/05/17/okonjoiweala_seeks_speedy_approval_n18trn_external_borrowing_plan.html

madam okonjo, how long has dis software upgrade been on? Why wasnt it done mid-month or earlier?? Why now when salaries should be paid NOI & GEJ...co-ordinating thief & commander-in-thief!
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by Ekowise(m): 8:28am On May 18, 2012
Borrowing is nt d issue. Wht maters is using d moni 4 d right tin dan misaproprating some into personal a/c 4 own use.
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by ziccoit: 8:28am On May 18, 2012
ayox2003: Wait, lets not blame Iweala jare. Its GEJ that wants to borrow the money not Iweala.

That means OBJ was the one that actually made possible the debt cancellation not Iweala. By being helpless here to the point of even imploring senate to grant such is an hight of irresponsibility. She is part of this, the honorable step would have been a resignation.
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by 9jamasses: 8:29am On May 18, 2012
I wonder what it means to be called a Nigerian... may be coward!
our problems are well know to us but noone is doing anything except talk-talk& bragging. democracy doesn't mean freedom of speech only but also to collectively stand against anti-human policies.
who represents us?I think nobody!
what is save Nigeria group waiting for? until Nigeria is brought to total standstill.
God we want your mercy not GOODLOCK as he locks all good
wake up naija &,let unite against this corrupt monsters
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by kay10: 8:34am On May 18, 2012
Follow nigeria,i think the amount that is being generated by custom in apapa everyday is enough to salt out any Problem JONATHAN adminstration may be passing through let alone oil revenue generated.I think jonathan administration is a completely faliure for inable to capitalize in fuel increase generated from january to may,failure to capitalize in revenue generated in apapa,apart from other zone,then where are we heading to,do we need a to wait for God to fight for us before they milk the country dry?
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by peaceland(m): 8:39am On May 18, 2012
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by Godjone(m): 8:39am On May 18, 2012
Bontee:

http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/24962/2012/05/17/okonjoiweala_seeks_speedy_approval_n18trn_external_borrowing_plan.html
. Is she c'wious so? Wat av com ova dis gozila iwahala? Na wetin de wory dis grey-headed cameleoun cal konjo iwahala? She told 9jirians d oda day dat d economy is capable of standing on its own, dat govt wil nt depend on borowing. I smel rat in dis game. Let me warn al of dem nw. On no acount shud any idiot borow 2 ad 2 d heavy dept d con3 is stil batlin 2 pay. Mr minister, suspend dat action or face d wrath of 9jirians. Enof is enof
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by megxo(m): 8:39am On May 18, 2012
n d money ends up in d pockets of a few..............smh 4 dis country..... cry
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by pcicero(m): 8:41am On May 18, 2012
On a brighter note, I hope the chinese money will not be counterfeits...

Whither Nigeria I have never expected anything good from Jonathan and he has not disappointed.
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by coolted(m): 8:43am On May 18, 2012
hmmmmm
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by sweetkev(m): 8:51am On May 18, 2012
AMEN AMEN AMEN in Jesus name.
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by malele(m): 8:51am On May 18, 2012
Thats why we need somebody that can judge and kill all those pdp thieves
Plesae vote wisely 2015
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by AroOkigbo(m): 8:52am On May 18, 2012
Just when you think you'd heard the worst ...smh
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by Pambegua(m): 8:55am On May 18, 2012
A A Adam: Bear with GEJ pls, He will deliver naija Insha Allah 2012, pls vote for GEJ 2015
hahaha, better since d credible ones are being villified
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by Chyvy(f): 8:55am On May 18, 2012
kcsider: Incurable madness is on the rampage in this country. God will help us

Naija fast becoming a banana republic sad
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by Kolababa: 8:59am On May 18, 2012
"if I cannot give good road, if i cannot build hospitals, the least i can do is that i will not leave debts for the future generation"
By President Goodluck Jonathan
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by metodman(m): 9:03am On May 18, 2012
I do not blame our leaders anymore. Honestly we should be asking ourselves why we made or keep making the same mistake of voting for the wrong person. Those curses should also go to the people that voted these set of leaders in. We all knew at the time of the election that this man was not the right man for the job but we went ahead putting our future and the lives of the generations to come in jeopardy. Even those on Nairaland who I believed were more enlightened fell into that same trap.

I remember we used to read people campaigning for him because he is from the south, cos he is a niger deltan, cos his middle or other name is Igbo, becos he is a xtian, becos his name is goodluck, becos he never had shoes, becos he is on facebook WHILE WE NEVER CONSIDERED HIS TRACK RECORD, HIS NON-ACHIEVEMENT WAS NOT IMPORTANT TO US.

It is a shame!

My predictions- 2015, this guy would contest and most likely against someone from the North But people would still vote for badluck ALL BECOS THEY DO NOT WANT TO VOTE FOR SOMEONE FROM THE NORTH- Badluck would win and continue to mess up the country and our future.

When are we going to enjoy our existence

This country is still dealing with basic structures and amenities while other serious nations don move to another level of development. Countries who are not as rich or blessed as we are have gone beyond. Basic challenges like water, electricity or roads are not there problem anymore yet we are stilll here talking of poor or no supply of electricity, no water and bad roads. When are we moving to the next stage to face other challenges? When are we ever going to get it right?

Trully we deserve the set of leaders we have in this nation.. We as the masses need to change first before leaders but all we do is to come on Nairaland to throw insults at each others tribe.

May God help us

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senate Summons Service Chiefs Over Election Postponement / Lai Mohammed, Ngige In Enugu For Town Hall Meeting / APC Campaigns In Ikot Ekpene Local Government ( Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.