Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,080 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. (14247 Views)

Buhari Seeks Senate Approval To Borrow N2.10 Trn / Nigeria To Borrow $2Billion From World Bank - Okonjo-Iweala / Why Does A Country Needs To Borrow When She Can Easily Print More? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by Nobody: 6:07am On May 18, 2012
engineerd:

Amen to all you said, but there are others in the government that deserve such curses in 100 folds.

She wants to make sure Nigeria is bleeped before 2015

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by Nobody: 6:07am On May 18, 2012
omooba agility: wht type of economist this woman said she is?
I wonder o.
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by hrhobi1(m): 6:08am On May 18, 2012
If theres any way to tell those credit banks not to loan the Nigerian govt any money , that would be very nice. tell those banks the government is fraud and will never pay back the loan.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by Nobody: 6:12am On May 18, 2012
I have never criticized Jonathan's government in particular, but it is safe to say he has earned the distinction of being the WORST Nigerian leader ever including when we were under military rule. This shows that even a fool can earn a PHD! Leadership is not for the faint of hearts.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by cyrexx: 6:13am On May 18, 2012
cyrexx: this Okonjo Iweala that gave our gullible president wrong advice on fuel subsidy. may her generations suffer the same predicaments as the victims of fuel subsidy. may her family suddenly become bankrupt and begin to borrow borrow the way she is advising nigeria to borrow now. may all her family never progress, the same way her policies are against progress of average nigerians, may she always know sorrow the same way they plunged average nigerian into sorrow with their self serving policies. may the accurate targetting thunder of Shango and Amadioha strike her and her family dead suddenly, since there is no earthly court to to convict her. by the power of all the Gods in in Africa.

she and all other policy makers in Nigeria who making life harder and harder for the average Nigerian, all of them. Amen. by the power of the Gods in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by Nobody: 6:16am On May 18, 2012
cyrexx:

she and all other policy makers in Nigeria who making life harder and harder for the average Nigerian, all of them. Amen. by the power of the Gods in Africa.

AMEN....God will one day have mercy on the masses and destroy these folks plundering their common wealth! At this point, all i can say is people feel helpless...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by crackhouse(m): 6:17am On May 18, 2012
odumchi: Ego na bu aturu tawa.

Money na sheep food.
bad translation
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by crackhouse(m): 6:23am On May 18, 2012
It's a pity that Gej doesn't know a lot of things that's going on in our country as it regards how money is withdrawn and spent.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by cyrexx: 6:27am On May 18, 2012
crackhouse: It's a pity that Gej doesn't know a lot of things that's going on in our country as it regards how money is withdrawn and spent.

its because we are unfortunate to have an incompetent president for a leader. leadership has been our natural disaster
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by ziccoit: 6:39am On May 18, 2012
You, I vote Jonathan not PDP, are yet to see anything. By the time your acclaimed gentle GEJ put "for sale" tags round your necks and auction your heads you would understand.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by Nobody: 6:44am On May 18, 2012
I don't like this country, it is bleeped long time before I was even born.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by sureboykris(m): 6:44am On May 18, 2012
Excess crude account,recovered looted funds,subsidy removal,daily crude oil sales. Can't we get money from all these. Do we ve to keep borrowing?even from china n India Smh. I weep for nigerians. This present government is d worst so far. If these peep r not hacked to death after leaving office then 9ja peep no try.
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by AAAdam(m): 6:46am On May 18, 2012
dasparrow: I give up on Nigeria. Just look at how our leaders are selling our birthright for a plate of porraidge. I feel for generations of Nigerians yet born because unless something is done to curb corruption and mismanagement of resources, future generations will be living lives filled with abject poverty. Oh well.
Whom do you think will curb corruption & mismanagement in dis Naija?
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by Martini101(m): 6:47am On May 18, 2012
gbadexy: Yet some people will come and defend this administration like zombies.they have squandered about 37 billion dollars yardua left from obasanjo's over 40 billion.the country is broke.the minister thinks people are as daft as they are to believe all those software upgrade rubbish.when the 1.7 trillion naira subsidy fund fraud should have been recovered according to the committee report and used to finance projects.so it now that there is peace in niger delta that there is massive theft of crude oil?abi they are taking their own resource control already,they should sha do tangible things in their region.the irony is that people will complain and still vote pdp to power again.i wonder what our debt profile will be by 2015
. Guy. Nobdy Votes PDP to Power! Rather they Rig themselves to Power!!
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by jjjkkkooo: 6:50am On May 18, 2012
What happened to d N4.6 trillion that FIRS generates yearly.
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by Chubhie: 6:52am On May 18, 2012
Gosh! This govt for the 1% tire me. No matter the billions you steal today patapata you live 120 years. Karma is a bitc.h. If there is a next life how would you want our politians to reincarnate? Vanity upon vanity. Lets strive to make our world a better place.
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by luv2talk(m): 6:57am On May 18, 2012
No wonder she lost at World Bank, Its better to put an health expert incharge of Finance than the so called finance guru who will always come up with different theories without definate action... I just finished crying for Nigeria
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by AAAdam(m): 6:59am On May 18, 2012
ziccoit: You, I vote Jonathan not PDP, are yet to see anything. By the time your acclaimed gentle GEJ put "for sale" tags round your necks and auction your heads you would understand.
Bear with GEJ pls, He will deliver naija Insha Allah 2012, pls vote for GEJ 2015
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by egbesegbe: 7:00am On May 18, 2012
Very unfortunate that our leaders have no clue of improving the economy of a local government talkless of state, not to even talk of a country. How will u have a $70 per barrel in your budget and you are selling $100 everyday and you are still going to borrow when we suppose to have surplus? From january to date, we have increased our production which exceeded the budget figure by 20,000 barrel per day. This woman should really sit down and ask herself this question. Why are we not having surplus despite the increase in crude production and selling it above budget plan

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by Martini101(m): 7:02am On May 18, 2012
It is getting clearer by d Day dat GEJ and his cohorts might be seeking d disintegration of Nigeria b4 d USA 2015 wit this actions. 1} carefree attitude towards d elimination of Bokoharam. 2}. This current Borrowing when we shouldnt be doing so. Etc. When U Defend GEJ, surely U just got License to be Disappointed big time or talking from Both sides of Ur mouth becomes inevitable! Ask Abati and Beaf cos they re few of d witnesses. Lol
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by AAAdam(m): 7:02am On May 18, 2012
A A Adam: Bear with GEJ pls, He will deliver naija Insha Allah, pls vote for GEJ 2015
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by Nobody: 7:02am On May 18, 2012
I saw this coming, personally I was really hurt when she lost the world bank presidency, it would have been an avenue for her to leave for good, she practically wants to drag the county to it feet. Reason? I don't know myself, I believe they are acting on a script, 2015 will surely go to a northerner

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by cyrexx: 7:06am On May 18, 2012
A A Adam: Bear with GEJ pls, He will deliver naija Insha Allah 2012, pls vote for GEJ 2015

i want to believe you are joking, aren't you.
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by ZUBY77(m): 7:17am On May 18, 2012
Thieves. Cut the senators salaries by half and you can save up this money in no time
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by AAAdam(m): 7:17am On May 18, 2012
ziccoit: You, I vote Jonathan not PDP, are yet to see anything. By the time your acclaimed gentle GEJ put "for sale" tags round your necks and auction your heads you would understand.
pls bear with GEJ, he will deliver Naija insha Allah, vote for him 2015.
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by Walexz02(m): 7:18am On May 18, 2012
cyrexx: this Okonjo Iweala that gave our gullible president wrong advice on fuel subsidy. may her generations suffer the same predicaments as the victims of fuel subsidy. may her family suddenly become bankrupt and begin to borrow borrow the way she is advising nigeria to borrow now. may all her family never progress, the same way her policies are against progress of average nigerians, may she always know sorrow the same way they plunged average nigerian into sorrow with their self serving policies. may the accurate targetting thunder of Shango and Amadioha strike her and her family dead suddenly, since there is no earthly court to to convict her. by the power of all the Gods in in Africa.
Ameeeeeeen...to her and all others that never wish 4 d progress of our beloved country.
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by kcsider: 7:19am On May 18, 2012
Incurable madness is on the rampage in this country. God will help us
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by vpriest: 7:22am On May 18, 2012
Dogs Απϑ D BabboonnsssssssDogs Απϑ D BabboonnsssssssDogs Απϑ D Babboonnsssssss
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by WINFORTH: 7:22am On May 18, 2012
Hmmmm ...and hmmmmmmm again. I normally don't comment on political issues,but this one? I ve got to talk. Sincerely speaking...how did we get here? The corruption is at a stage now that no one can understand it anymore. Am sooooooo afraid for Nigeria now. Just few months ago..(January). We were being Convinced on the benefits of subsidy removal and how it will generate money to pay for projects..what happened? Now we are borrowing. Hmmmmmm again. Haba...what have we done to deserve this? Lies upon lies and promises upon promise.....oh I let me add " corruption upon corruption" . My conclusion? ....hmmmmm. Its just damn painful to be a Nigerian, leaving in Nigeria. Suffering in the mist of plenty. Have ran out of tears, don't know how to pray for Nigeria again. But all I can say for now is ......Hmmmmmmm.
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by Walexz02(m): 7:24am On May 18, 2012
cutting there salaries by jst 25% in less than a year could save ds money yet they ar borrowing
I pity nigerian leaders o...coz baba God will judge!!!
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by owobokiri(m): 7:27am On May 18, 2012
Borrowing is not a taboo. What we should be mindfull of is how the borrowed sum is spent. Every developing country borrows to fund projects essential for the rapid development of the state. .Problem with Iweala and Nigeria is that we know what will happen to these borrowed sum. Iweala is a vintage coward! An establishment candidate. She always prefer policy alternatives that forces ordinary Nigerians to bear the cost and pains of government corruption. So she borrows again and again, mortgaging the future of the country although she is well aware that most of these funds will be looted. She supports fuel price hikes even if the accruing reveneu will be used to bribe senators and governors whom she will NEVER challenge strongly over their corrupt ways. The woman is totally disconnected from the ordinary Nigerian! A textbook finance minister.
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by omenziate(m): 7:29am On May 18, 2012
The so called technocrats have failed us and Jonathan should be in Guinness Book of World records as d worst President to ever lead a country. Naija pple don suffer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Goodluck Jonathan Eid-el-kabir Message To The Nation / ” Ekiti People Will Vote For Jonathan” – State PDP Tells APC, Buhari / APC Campaigns In Ikot Ekpene Local Government ( Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.