Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. (14245 Views)

Buhari Seeks Senate Approval To Borrow N2.10 Trn / Nigeria To Borrow $2Billion From World Bank - Okonjo-Iweala / Why Does A Country Needs To Borrow When She Can Easily Print More? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by Nobody: 10:53am On May 18, 2012
Ngozi wahala is unleashing the loss of her world bank presidency position on Nigerians.What on earth do we need such money for ? What have they done with the ones they borrowed before ?
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by lacasa: 10:53am On May 18, 2012
Ibime: Where are those eediots who fought tooth and nail to defend GEJ's grossly corrupt and abysmal fiscal performance in Bayelsa?

Dem go bury head for sand like say them no see the thread.

No worry, una just dey start.

The dude has been 2 years in power now and this would be his umpteenth trip to the World Bank to ask for emergency loan even despite starting with a surplus.

Whilst Buhari who paid off Nigeria's debt in 18 months during the worst economic crisis this country has ever faced at (early 80's collapse of oil-market) is a "terrorist".

No worry, GEJ go continue to terrorize una belle. Fools!

i didn't vote 4 GEJ nor PDP.(Thank God) cos i wldnt αv 4given myselfgringringrin
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by Eazeee(m): 10:57am On May 18, 2012
nep2ra: I hate it when people say "God save us" or "God help us". It's totally irresponsible. As one preacher once said: "God gave you a brain so you can give him rest". Sorry to burst your bubble; God will only save you if you DECIDE to do something to save yourself. Until citizens of this country realize their political destiny lie in their hands and collectively RISE to do something then nothing will happen. Oh I forget, we are a siddon look nation.

wat u said may not happen cos we hav diff focus. some re calling 4 division,some 4 dia zone 2 produce d next president,while some want dia religion 2 b imposed on others as sucH we cant act collectively. 4 dos calling 4 division, u 4get dat its d same politician dat wil govern u i.e Biafra & South South Republic-GEJ,IBORI,DIEZANI,NGOZI, E.T.C
Oduduwa Republic-OBJ,TINIBU,BODE GEORGE E.T.C
MIDLE BELT REP-DAVID MARK,GOWAN,J.T USENI E.T.C
AREWA REPUBLIC-SAMBO,BUHARI,ATIKU,E.T.C
All these ur leaders are d disaster wit dis con3.its beta we com 2geda n fight ouR common enemies 4 a ONE UNITED STRONG NIGERIA of our dream. LETS KILL DEM ALL

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by omosexy1: 10:59am On May 18, 2012
Each time we borrow, it is always to fund key projects. Don't these projects have names? Because I see no key project on-going in the country else the key project is to fund monthly feeding allowance.
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by Ibukune(m): 11:01am On May 18, 2012
Blessed are the next generation cos even if we inherit dept we are gonna pay up the dept and not onlY dat we wud buy up great business companies in europe and america. A̶̲̥̅̊ṁ̭̥̈̅̄ sure of dat
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by Revolutnz: 11:02am On May 18, 2012
O God, pls for how long are we going to wait for our own 'Jerry Rawlings'. We are sick and tired of these political criminals who only care about their pockets.
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by Hoodrat(m): 11:22am On May 18, 2012
engineerd:

i referred to chariot of fire to show the extent of my frustration. I personally don't have anything to loose or gain with whatever is happening in Nigeria. I just empathize with the common man and the fact that that country is becoming more of a h e ll hole every second.

Lol i feel your pain baba and is also part of my frustration to see common men who have never benefited anything from the Nigerian government,crying everyday and nothing seem to be done I personally cant boast of nothing from the Nigerian government during my time in that country is a shame citizens dont know their worth. Nigeri is like church.
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by 4evergod3: 11:22am On May 18, 2012
You all voted for the almighty retardeen and his brood of lying, thieving stooges so get with the program you all designed. Foul, stinking air to you all.
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by 4evergod3: 11:25am On May 18, 2012
I tried to warn everyone i could not to vote for this set back to Nigeria called Jona and they all thought I was insane. How could an easterner not want to vote for someone close to him and I told them that I had seen all his anticidents and from my angle he was bad news for this country. I honestly voted against him but so called millions of Nigerians voted for their doom by their own hands "according to INEC". I honestly cannot wait for the next elections to come around so the retardeen can be kicked out with all pomp and pagentry.
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by member479760: 11:26am On May 18, 2012
She said, ``We are depending on a resource (crude oil) that sells in the market, remember sometimes when you sell in the market, you do not get the money right away.

``Just like an ordinary seller in the market there are sometimes when you are selling to your customers, they will tell you that I will bring the money later please give me credit for one or two days.''

grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by pdpiperpippen: 11:29am On May 18, 2012
I tot the NNPC PPRA and some other agencies are owed the federal government 1.6 thrillion naira under fradulent subsidy payments,that shld hv bin enough to finance the projects
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by gbadexy(m): 11:52am On May 18, 2012
manutayo: Is there no opposition parties in naija wot are they doing about this? where is the save nigeria group? Where are the students? Where is the labour and its civil societies ? have they joined the plot? La cést dangereux ca va chauffer!!!
If the save nigeria group talks,people here would still criticise them.everybody is saying lets do something but who will bell the cat.the best option to me is to vote the opposition they fear into power to probe this government.at least no cabal can control buhari.i dont mind whoever rule nigeria,i just want things to run smoothly and to be able to do my business.
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by Ejine(m): 11:59am On May 18, 2012
Oh my lord! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by humblebee: 12:16pm On May 18, 2012
I don't support this loan not because its a loan but because it won't be used for the right thing... every country borrows except 4
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by chinosxl(m): 12:17pm On May 18, 2012
One of many consequences: $1 = N200, Lets watch and see. 4UKING Shame.
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by Abagworo(m): 12:35pm On May 18, 2012
gbadexy:
If the save nigeria group talks,people here would still criticise them.

Nigerians have been brainwashed into thinking that ethnic groups is their problem. Imagine people falling for the slogan "why is it that only our oil is subsidised?" and even tribalising an issue that would affect their Grandma in the village.

Very soon they will go and start canvassing for States creation instead of to focus on stopping the waste by Government. This Government has not achieved a single fit in the Niger Delta. If anyone knows any, let them tell me.
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by manny4life(m): 1:05pm On May 18, 2012
Another $7.9billion added to the debt Nigeria already has. shocked shocked shocked

Until Nigerians arise and fight back, Nigeria will remain in the sh.it hole it's already in. While I do not support Dr. NOI on this one, well, she's only doing her job. The rest now falls on NASS to know if they'll approve or deny. I hope they deny this request, because this money will never see the light of day of these so-called projects.
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 18, 2012
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Will they come and tell us thatthe loan is for NYSC? shocked shocked

Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by Richardid: 1:21pm On May 18, 2012
I have always said it that okonjo wahala sorry iweala is serving her master(world Bank) interest. she wrongly adviced Gej on fuel subsidy removal saying that the monies saved will be used to finance important projects in the country. She is at it again saying that the country still need to take loan to finance the same project which she agitated for ala fuel subsidy removal. She was among those that is being used to revive the ailing europe economy. I think she is placing curses on herself. A typical igbo blood.
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by maasoap(m): 1:39pm On May 18, 2012
Where are the Jona the retarden's supporters on nairaland? Shame on all of you. Even when you can't defend his action, you still can't condemn it. Remember, it is your future as well. This administration is worse than Abacha regime. More money, more corruption, more borrowing.
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by monkeyleg: 1:45pm On May 18, 2012
Chop the country and its people reach ground. Squander, pilfer, plunder, leave nothing for the common man after all Nigerians deserve nothing. Useless country. when Nigerians are ready, they will take back thier country, for now let us all enjoy the wanton thievery
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by cyrexx: 1:48pm On May 18, 2012
cyrexx: this Okonjo Iweala that gave our gullible president wrong advice on fuel subsidy. may her generations suffer the same predicaments as the victims of fuel subsidy. may her family suddenly become bankrupt and begin to borrow borrow the way she is advising nigeria to borrow now. may all her family never progress, the same way her policies are against progress of average nigerians, may she always know sorrow the same way they plunged average nigerian into sorrow with their self serving policies. may the accurate targetting thunder of Shango and Amadioha strike her and her family dead suddenly, since there is no earthly court to to convict her. by the power of all the Gods in in Africa.
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by greatlee(m): 2:04pm On May 18, 2012
cyrexx: this Okonjo Iweala that gave our gullible president wrong advice on fuel subsidy. may her generations suffer the same predicaments as the victims of fuel subsidy. may her family suddenly become bankrupt and begin to borrow borrow the way she is advising nigeria to borrow now. may all her family never progress, the same way her policies are against progress of average nigerians, may she always know sorrow the same way they plunged average nigerian into sorrow with their self serving policies. may the accurate targetting thunder of Shango and Amadioha strike her and her family dead suddenly, since there is no earthly court to to convict her. by the power of all the Gods in in Africa.

Ise eeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Ami ooooooooooooooooo! Amen nnnnnnnnn! Otua ka o gadi rue mgbe ebighi ebi Amen!!!
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by cliveland: 2:21pm On May 18, 2012
it is sooooo obvious why the world voted against an alarmist to head the WORLD'S BANK. Q. E. D.

beginning to wonder how she rose to the position of vice in the 1st place......
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by bobbyjabo: 2:34pm On May 18, 2012
Only God can safe us from all these wicked leaders...The best thing that can happen to Nigeria is a NEW START and that can only happen if we go our separate ways...every region should go and start all over again and learn from Nigeria mistakes...Theres nothing for Nigeria as a country again coz these is the kind of new we gonna continue hearing
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by Godsave9ja: 3:14pm On May 18, 2012
Bontee:

http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/24962/2012/05/17/okonjoiweala_seeks_speedy_approval_n18trn_external_borrowing_plan.html
I am not here for story, if the money they are borrowing is not for the repair of electricity, they should not attempt to do so. if they borrow this cash they will share it among themselves.
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by 9jafreak: 3:26pm On May 18, 2012
[size=16pt]Confessions

of

An

Economic

Hit Woman[/size]
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by niddamugu(m): 3:32pm On May 18, 2012
oraclefemi: SERIOUSLY who cares? whatever they do in that Abuja they shouldnt bother telling us ..all their policy so far only increases the price of everything so they shouldnt bother telling us anything , lets just go about our daily lives and leave them . They loan it , they loot it , they share it and then tell us ..so whats the point ?

I'm with you totally on this. I have stopped complaining about the so-called leaders. I encourage all NLanders to go about their normal duties. If you have a job make sure you do it well and if, unfortunately, you are searching for one, trust God that someday he would open the "book of remembrance" and grant you His divine favour.

Let's leave these leaders alone - they will get tired, and that will be very very soon.
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by naijaforlife: 3:32pm On May 18, 2012
Sincerely, borrowing will only weaking our economy the more. As a net importer of other commodities than oil, we stand to lose heavily when we borrow. First, the borrowing will be created out of nothing as they are mere accounting entries. Even the money NOI is talking about that our debtors are not paying on schedule (as if it is bread and tomato we buy from our local market) will still be accounting entries. No physical cash like Dollars, Pounds, or Euro will be sent to Nigeria. Implication is that by borrowing, we are creating demand for these currencies which will further weaken our own already weak Naira. Take note that the power to create such accountig credits reside in very powerful bankers from the developed countries we plan to borrow from. It is their currency and they only need to tell us by how much they have credited our account. Second, the interest on the borrowing will be compounded. Let us recall that we only borrowed about $25billion in the 1980s and after so many years of serving the debt by paying more than the principal amount borrowed, we were still owing about $26billion part of which were purpotedly cancelled. I remember vividly that during Obasanjo's tenure prior to the debt cancellation, he was quoted as saying compound interest was evil. The third is that the seigniorage on the currency is claimed by the lenders since they created the currency. That is, even if they give us physical currency, they still gain. The cost of producing 1 dollar note is less than 1 cent. The 99 cents gain is theirs for given us paper money. As such, let our economic team at least for once justify why Boko Haram is the misnormer by proving the worthwhileness of western education. When we borrow, the principal is created from thin air. The compound interest that never existed when the loan was given will also have to be paid. When we pay back, if at all we can, we often do so with our natural resources, mainly oil. MUST WE CONTINUE TO USE FUTURE INCOME FOR PRESENT EXPENDITURE?
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by id2010(m): 3:34pm On May 18, 2012
Goodluck to everybody... grin cheesy wink
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by nateevs(m): 4:16pm On May 18, 2012
I voted for Akara, I didn't vote for beans. Fresh air!!
Re: Nigeria To Borrow 7.9 Billion Dollars. Okonjo-Iweala Approves. by pazienza(m): 5:00pm On May 18, 2012
I can bet with my life that people will still vote for him, come 2015,thats the tragedy of the story, by the time PDP is through with us,many nigerians would be seeking for somali visas...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senate Summons Service Chiefs Over Election Postponement / APC Campaigns In Ikot Ekpene Local Government ( Pictures) / Lai Mohammed, Ngige In Enugu For Town Hall Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.