Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,891 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

Marriage Is A Bondage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Is A Bondage (7477 Views)

My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help / My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME / How Can I Free Her From My Bondage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Is A Bondage by Godmother(f): 8:21pm On May 18, 2012
For all the married women out there, I would appreciate your viewpoint about Nigerian marriages. Is it like a bondage for women. Once a woman gets married she's expected to change her entire self to please the man.

I believe in being submissive o, but some men can take it to the extreme. My mum and sisters keep telling me there's nothing in marriage and we single girls shouldn't be desperate to rush in. And I saw for a fact that my dad wasn't the best of husbands.

I recently left a relationship where the guy was overbearing. He wanted things done his way ALL THE TIME. I had to think of ways to make him happy always and each time he brought up the subject of marriage I froze. I couldn't imagine spending the rest of my life with him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is A Bondage by Killz1(m): 8:27pm On May 18, 2012
So, because "some" men take things to the extreme, Marriage becomes a bondage? Like i'll always say, if you don't understand the semantics of marriage and how it's supposed to work, you are better off being single. No queries. But rubbishing the institution of Marriage just because "your" own Marriage did not work out, is wholly unacceptable!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is A Bondage by Iyalola19: 8:30pm On May 18, 2012
Godmother: For all the married women out there, I would appreciate your viewpoint about Nigerian marriages. Is it like a bondage for women. Once a woman gets married she's expected to change her entire self to please the man.

I believe in being submissive o, but some men can take it to the extreme. My mum and sisters keep telling me there's nothing in marriage and we single girls shouldn't be desperate to rush in. And I saw for a fact that my dad wasn't the best of husbands.

I recently left a relationship where the guy was overbearing. He wanted things done his way ALL THE TIME. I had to think of ways to make him happy always and each time he brought up the subject of marriage I froze. I couldn't imagine spending the rest of my life with him.

This is one thing I dislike about nl
marriage advert, marriage counsel
seeking for love
so all d marriage topics in the past hasnt given u any useful info
are u not d lady dt opened a similar thread of not having a man in those days
come is there fire burning una yansh?
spirit dey chase una?
devil dey threaten u?
witch dey wan dash u manhood?
if u want to marry, go and marry
wetin sef!
which stupid bondage, when una no find husband na so so bondage, witchcraft, i want to face my career, i am still young, men are animals.
if dwarf press bell for your house now, omo na u go propose
if u no find husband, find person wey go dey shine congo for d meantime
i will teach members how to find a husband, d trick

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is A Bondage by slimyem: 8:34pm On May 18, 2012
Iyalola19:

seeking for love
spirit dey chase una?
devil dey threaten u?
wetin sef!
which stupid bondage, when una no find husband na so so bondage, witchcraft, i want to face my career, i am still young, men are animals.
haba!
Ki la gbe...ki le ju?cheesy
Re: Marriage Is A Bondage by Exponental(m): 8:37pm On May 18, 2012
Bondage my foot.
Learn 2 be positive abt urself. If u feel u will enjoy it, so be it. If u feel u will be in bondage, so be it. I'm not married but I know, I will enjoy my marriage!

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Is A Bondage by Odunnu: 8:44pm On May 18, 2012
Iyalola19:

seeking for love
spirit dey chase una?
devil dey threaten u?
wetin sef!
Easy o! She chop your yam? Why you dey hyper ventilate like this? You go wound yoursef for nothing o

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is A Bondage by Godmother(f): 9:00pm On May 18, 2012
Easy for you all to say, but most of you are not married. I asked for the advice of married ladies. If you dnt have anything meaningful to contribute but insults then please keep off the thread.

Commenting is not by force.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is A Bondage by Godmother(f): 9:24pm On May 18, 2012
Iyalola19:

FOOL and married ladies answered
what u gonna do about it huh?
take your best shot fool!
what were u thinking calling marriage a bondage
dt is how ladies curse their life with their actions and words
another frustrated unmarried lady grin

Okay you have said ur piece, though I wonder what made you this angry. This is my opinion about the issue, you dnt like it then check out the next thread instead of taking your life frustrations on a topic

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is A Bondage by Odunnu: 9:27pm On May 18, 2012
Have you guys had a fight previously?
I mean, I dont gerritt
Re: Marriage Is A Bondage by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 18, 2012
@Godmother- I think you need psychological help. Thank God for nairaland, I felt you were kinda disturbed so I checked your past posts and indeed I saw all ur past topics like:

How do I lose weight: www.nairaland.com/925993/how-do-loose-weight

Why do I keep liking the wrong guys:
www.nairaland.com/784956/why-do-keep-liking-wrong

If you have never been proposed to before: www.nairaland.com/735101/you-never-been-proposed-before

Afraid to love: www.nairaland.com/712068/afraid-love

I have become obsessed with gays: www.nairaland.com/352715/become-obssessed-gays

Keeping in touch with your Ex: www.nairaland.com/372243/keeping-intouch-ex

Am I getting frigid?: www.nairaland.com/347935/getting-frigid

@OP- please get some help for yourself. First of all, lose the extra fat. It seems you are a very disturbed person who blames men for all your woes but have never taken a deep inward look into your own self. From the look of things, you might even be a l3sbian.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is A Bondage by ijebabe: 9:34pm On May 18, 2012
^^^LWKMD!!!!
As a doctor please recommend something for her woes. Self awareness is obviously not in her books undecided
Re: Marriage Is A Bondage by Nobody: 9:35pm On May 18, 2012
Odunnu: Have you guys had a fight previously?
I mean, I dont gerritt

Hi my lil' sis. Howdy there.

To answer ur question, please take a look at my above links on the poster. I think he dumped her for been obese cheesy
Re: Marriage Is A Bondage by Godmother(f): 9:37pm On May 18, 2012
grin
Odunnu: Have you guys had a fight previously?
I mean, I dont gerritt

Neither do I. All I did was ask a simple question only to get such a reply frm Iyalode. *grins* . Anyways no wahala sha. She's just airing her mind though too strongly sha o. Lol
Re: Marriage Is A Bondage by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 18, 2012
www.nairaland.com/925993/how-do-loose-weight

Godmother: I need help on aa natural way I can loose weight. I have tried exercising by taking long walks but doesn't seem to be helping much.

My weight has gotten to d point where my bf is startin to complain. Really need ur help guys

@OP- you posted this topic on May 5th of this year. (Before you delete it). I think this is the reason you last BF dumped ur fat azz. grin. Mu he he he he he he.

Next time don't be coming here to downgrade men when ur yansh don open. Work on yourself and your sexual preferences ok.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is A Bondage by Godmother(f): 9:41pm On May 18, 2012
pDude:

To answer ur question, please take a look at my above links on the poster. I think he dumped her for been obese cheesy

I am far frm Obese dude and I didn't get dumped. If u noticed my post I said my ex was talking about marriage. I got scared and left cos of what I see happening in marriages all about. That's why I asked for views of other married pple on the forum.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is A Bondage by Odunnu: 9:44pm On May 18, 2012
pDude:

me lil sis? Choi! I don suffer. At 35yrs, you dey call me 'lil sis'. Kpachakwaru onwe gi anyi there
Re: Marriage Is A Bondage by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 18, 2012
ijebabe: ^^^LWKMD!!!!
As a doctor please recommend something for her woes. Self awareness is obviously not in her books undecided

Hi Ijebabe, how U̶̲̥̅̊ doing?

Mu he he he he he he he. I aint prescribing nothing until she openly apologizes for downgrading men.

@OP- seems all your rotten skeletons have suddenly bursted out of the closet with blood-curdling screams cheesy
Re: Marriage Is A Bondage by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 18, 2012
Odunnu:
me lil sis? Choi! I don suffer. At 35yrs, you dey call me 'lil sis'. Kpachakwaru onwe gi anyi there

Nwa nne'm biko ndo. I nor know say U̶̲̥̅̊ don old like dat o! grin
Re: Marriage Is A Bondage by Nobody: 9:58pm On May 18, 2012
Godmother:

I am far frm Obese dude and I didn't get dumped. If u noticed my post I said my ex was talking about marriage. I got scared and left cos of what I see happening in marriages all about. That's why I asked for views of other married pple on the forum.

Keep your mouth shut jor angry

I'm married so I think your topic is bullshyt. I have been married for more than a year now and I am enjoying the bliss. It isn't very easy but before I went into it, I made sure I was mature enough and I told my then fiancee that divorce was never an option. Marriage takes a lot of patience and perseverance but it is the best blessing from God and I'm enjoying every moment of it.

Do you know how it feels to no longer be alone? To always lie beside someone who keeps U̶̲̥̅̊ warm at night? Being able to care for someone and be cared for? To share your problems and aspirations with someone who gats your back always? Also the feeling of cooking and eating together? Sitting in the car, driving fast and sharing laughs and jokes? Looking forward to her bearing your children? Oh boy!!! Please find the right guy and get married to him.

Marriage is worth it!!!

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Is A Bondage by Killz1(m): 10:11pm On May 18, 2012
pDude:

Keep your mouth shut jor angry

I'm married so I think your topic is bullshyt. I have been married for more than a year now and I am enjoying the bliss. It isn't very easy but before I went into it, I made sure I was mature enough and I told my then fiancee that divorce was never an option. Marriage takes a lot of patience and perseverance but it is the best blessing from God and I'm enjoying every moment of it.

Do you know how it feels to no longer be alone? To always lie beside someone who keeps U̶̲̥̅̊ warm at night? To share your problems and aspirations with someone who gats your back always? Also the feeling of cooking and eating together? Sitting in the car, driving fast and sharing laughs and jokes? Looking forward to her bearing your children? Oh boy!!! Please find the right guy and get married to him.

Marriage is worth it!!!
Bros, abeg which brand you dey drink? Order enough bottles. . . I go pay. smiley

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is A Bondage by Nobody: 10:13pm On May 18, 2012
Killz.:

Bros, abeg which brand you dey drink? Order enough bottles. . . I go pay. smiley

Correct guy. My brand na Star. Half a crate will do. grin

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is A Bondage by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 18, 2012
@OP- lemme tell you something that just happened right now. Its personal but I will share it.

My wife just finished cooking me spicy jollof rice. It is the kinda jollof rice that you can't get anywhere else. Home-made, spicy jollof rice with chicken and boiled egg (exactly my style). I am presently eating it with ice-cold water. I just praised her for it and the grateful look in her eyes was priceless. smiley

This is one of the dividend of a good marriage. Please poster, go and marry you hear?

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is A Bondage by Idowuogbo(f): 10:28pm On May 18, 2012
Godmother: For all the married women out there, I would appreciate your viewpoint about Nigerian marriages. Is it like a bondage for women. Once a woman gets married she's expected to change her entire self to please the man.

Wereyy! Mrs blobber u don loose weight? Pdude has already destroyed ur career on NL, if I join my own u might go slamming ur head on concrete. Are u high? Or are suffering from Acute lymphangitis? Come, If u talk shitzzz here again, I go use e-blow press ur weight.

Fooooolish tin!
Re: Marriage Is A Bondage by Nobody: 10:29pm On May 18, 2012
Killz.:
So, because "some" men take things to the extreme, Marriage becomes a bondage? Like i'll always say, if you don't understand the semantics of marriage and how it's supposed to work, you are better off being single. No queries. But rubbishing the institution of Marriage just because "your" own Marriage did not work out, is wholly unacceptable!

@OP- that singular advice fron sexkillz is all you need. it couldn't be said any better.
Re: Marriage Is A Bondage by Godmother(f): 11:08pm On May 18, 2012
@pdude

Someone like u shud neva step into counselling as a career. U went to root out my previous posts that u didn't even take one min to read. U misinterpretated everytin and decided to give a silly answer.

If ur wife just cooked a wonderful jollof for u why didn't u say. Didn't u read d original post well? I asked for advice frm married pple on marriage. Those I have asked so far around me have all told me marriage is like a bondage.

If urs is d one gud one out there why not say instead of coming here to vomit all this.

And one tin about nairaland is that wen one person tolls one line everyone follows.Iyalode answered with anger and of course you had to too.

Someone is asking for help on how to get over a fear of marriage and instead of offering ur advise you are there saying non. Sense.

@ idowogwu
U can add urs too if its interests u. No fear, there will be no hitting of d head on a rock cos I will just ignore u.

Next time someone ask u for advice , back ur criticisms with suggestions and make them constructive.

Nairaland is supposed to be a forum where u get educated and entertained. With pple like u two small tin it is what it is now.

Peace.

8 Likes

Re: Marriage Is A Bondage by adosjun(m): 11:27pm On May 18, 2012
Godmother ? luv ur rite up above it shows humility nd calmness... But marriage is ? bondage, ? believe wen U?? meet ? right guy, U?? will be one even bring marriage topic table... So wat U?? hv do is keep praying F ur God designed hubby..
Re: Marriage Is A Bondage by Nobody: 11:35pm On May 18, 2012
Godmother: @pdude

Someone like u shud neva step into counselling as a career. U went to root out my previous posts that u didn't even take one min to read. U misinterpretated everytin and decided to give a silly answer.

I'm not a counsellor. What U̶̲̥̅̊ need is psychological (if not psychiatric) help and not counselling.

If ur wife just cooked a wonderful jollof for u why didn't u say. Didn't u read d original post well?I asked for advice frm married pple on marriage. Those I have asked so far around me have all told me marriage is like a bondage.

I'm married therefore I replied. Secondly, it seems you need to change the type of crew you hang out with. Your friends are not building you up.

If urs is d one gud one out there why not say instead of coming here to vomit all this.

If you come in here chatting the same type of shyt again, you will get a similar treatment.

And one tin about nairaland is that wen one person tolls one line everyone follows.Iyalode answered with anger and of course you had to too.
What you see is what you get i.e if you do anyhow, you go see anyhow.

Someone is asking for help on how to get over a fear of marriage and instead of offering ur advise you are there saying
Oh! I have already recommended you to see a psychiatrist/psychologist. Isn't that help enough?

non. Sense.
On your head. cheesy
Re: Marriage Is A Bondage by Nobody: 11:37pm On May 18, 2012
Godmother.. First of all. Get another username. This ur username isn't it. Pdude & killz have said it all. And if you want to hear anything from me, i would say marriage is a big big bondage.
Re: Marriage Is A Bondage by Godmother(f): 11:40pm On May 18, 2012
pDude:

I'm not a counsellor. What U̶̲̥̅̊ need is psychological (if not psychiatric) help and not counselling.

I'm married therefore I replied. Secondly, it seems you need to change the type of crew you hang out with. Your friends are not building you up.

You are just a child *shakes head*
Re: Marriage Is A Bondage by Godmother(f): 11:42pm On May 18, 2012
adosjun: Godmother ? luv ur rite up above it shows humility nd calmness... But marriage is ? bondage, ? believe wen U?? meet ? right guy, U?? will be one even bring marriage topic table... So wat U?? hv do is keep praying F ur God designed hubby..

Thanks for ur reply. I. Think I ll do just that, pray
Re: Marriage Is A Bondage by Nobody: 11:46pm On May 18, 2012
Godmother:

You are just a child *shakes head*

At least I'm married and you're not. tongue. Mu he he he he he he he he. Being a "married child" is really fun missus. Mu che che che che che. grin

From your history on NL, it seems marriage/a healthy relationship has eluded you since 2009. You better hurry up and marry cos your ovaries seem to be approaching menopause. 3 yrs of failed relationships nor be joke o! Mu che che che che che.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? / Bitter Truth: Why Some Ladies Will Never Get Married. / My Friend's Future In-Laws Live In Kaduna, How Safe Are The Roads?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.