Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable (38531 Views)

Jonathan's Speech At Handover Presentation. / Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe / Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by ayobase(m): 3:01pm On May 20, 2012
PointB: The fact remains that the original amalgamation of Nigeria was done for very wrong reason, and indeed done the wrong way. If the President acknowledges this fact, I cannot find fault with him, and there is nothing divisive about such (not that division in itself is a bad proposal).

In acknowledging the problems heaped on us from 1914 (before or after the amalgamation as we were not told here), the President should take the necessary steps to propose solutions to this wrong.

I agree with him though that we have to review how we have lived so far. A SNC has never been so needed in this country. We might soon be shooting ourselves in the streets if we continue to avoid this dialogue.

''.......(not that division in itself is a bad proposal).
''

Not bad indeed!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 3:02pm On May 20, 2012
manny4life:

Beaf, I will argue for Mr. President where I have to, I will rebuke where I have to. I do acknowledge we have a problem between North/South, that's obvious already but that's not my point. While I do not acknowledge he committed treason of any sought, in my opinion, his comments "though true" but were not warranted.

Mr. President did solemnly swore an Oath of Office, Allegiance to uphold and defend the unity of Nigeria, expressing any form of doubts regarding the foundation or after the foundation or during the journey where we are today is uncalled for and unwarranted. Rather than express doubts, express optimism.

My point is that the President shouldn't express such comments at all, he could use anyone in his cabinet, or even ask people in Congress to address the issue, after that he does damage control. That's what politics is all about.

As to the bolded. If you were sold a house with a poor foundation, would defending it from armed robbers and miscreants mean would ignore the problem with the foundation? Or would you tell the family whom the building is meant to protect and secure that there is an issue with the foundation which must be fixed so that you aren't all crushed when it caves in?

Jonathan has done the proper thing by dropping a subtle hint of his direction of thought. It is left for us to run with it and fix the cracks and leaks in the foundation, before we get swallowed up.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 20, 2012
Beaf: Nigerias problems started in 1914. Anyone who disagrees is a liar.
It is best for us to prepare for a truthful SNC in whigh we wouldn't lie to ourselves about cosmetic unity."we part in peace". Period. cool

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 20, 2012
Beaf:

As to the bolded. If you were sold a house with a poor foundation, would defending it from armed robbers and miscreants mean would ignore the problem with the foundation? Or would you tell the family whom the building is meant to protect and secure that there is an issue with the foundation which must be fixed so that you aren't all crushed when it caves in?

Jonathan has done the proper thing by dropping a subtle hint of his direction of thought. It is left for us to run with it and fix the cracks and leaks in the foundation, before we get swallowed up.

AMEN!!!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 20, 2012
Beaf:
Do you know where Epe is? Can you identify it if you were dropped there?

You have said it enough times that white people are better than you. You have always displayed an abysmally low self-esteem and like I said, that low self esteem is the same thing driving you into high fever whenever 1914 is mentioned.

Just come home and know your father compound, right now you are totally lost, totally lacking in culture and totally lacking in identity, that is why you think like an id!ot rhat the British viewpoint for our amalgamation (which was to exploit us) is something we should be singing halleluya about. How lost can one get?
Leave Peckham on the next plane and visit your village. Lost soul.

Keep flying the Union Jack. Ode!

About do I know where Epe is, when the map is on my profile.. grin grin grin grin grin grin And when did I ever say the whitey was better than me?? Can you check my post history, and quote it?? I dare you to do that!!! cool

And how did I absorb the British from our problems, when I have always maintained a stance that we were exploited by their colonial rule - and we're better off without them... I even suggested that we have no reason to be part of the commonwealth of Nation - neither should we continue to do exploitative business with both the British and Americans... I've never been pro-west - I've always maintain an afrocentric point of view on all my post on NL...

The topic at hand is: "President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable." Let us debate that, and how clueless the president was to make such a statement - and how out the problem of the entity called: "Nigeria" - didn't even start in 1914...

In 1914, we were called: "Colony and Protectorate of Nigeria." Which included Southern Cameroon.... Nigeria was birthed in 1960 - and the last time I checked we could have gone our separate ways before 'Nigeria' was created...

Your smear campaign won't work - just accept that the president is clueless, and what he said is treasonable under Nigerian law. cool
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by manny4life(m): 3:10pm On May 20, 2012
Beaf:

I won't neither however the problem is that though I'm worried about the foundation, I will defer to the structural experts who will discern the issue. Nigeria's foundation depends on 160+million Nigerians, and NASS is the right people to address such issues not president. If president went on air and told the people, WE HAVE A PROBLEM, not necessarily mentioning amalgamation, and ask the people to decide how they want to fix it, it's the people who will say it, and hold their NASS members accountable and not the president. Mr President can listen to the people and send a draft to Congress, THIS IS WHAT THE PEOPLE WANT, let NASS refuse it, now it's the people who want it NOT him.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 3:11pm On May 20, 2012
@shymmex
Stop using racist terms like "whitey." It just makes you seem quite an id!ot.
It also would not take awy from your inferiority complex or the fact that you have no identity, cos you've never been to your village.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 3:13pm On May 20, 2012
MsDarkSkin:
That's funny! VERY funny considering I am Jamaican American but am 1)more intelligent than yourself and 2) More knowledgeable about YOUR country and perhaps TRIBE than yourself. So here's what you do, you this embarrassment of the African continent, take my guy's advice...

Why can't you ever learn to respect other people's discourse

Like I told you when I first chatted to you on NL that SLAVERY is different from COLONIALISM.... We don't have the same experience - your experience is different from ours... I don't go on African American, nor Caribbean forum to tell them about slavery, and their experience - that would be rude... Stick to the romance section, woman....

About knowing more about Nigeria, and my tribe than me, fool.. grin grin grin

WTF do you know about Nigeria, other than get shagged by Nigerian men?? Yoruba hating ashewo telling me she knows more about the tribe, she hates so much than me.. Talk about an attention seeking talkative...

Get a day job, listen to bashment, or do something positive with your life.. undecided
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 20, 2012
Beaf: @shymmex
[s]Stop using racist terms like "whitey." It just makes you seem quite an id!ot.
It also would not take awy from your inferiority complex or the fact that you have no identity, cos you've never been to your village.
[/s]

Just answer my questions. grin
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by finguy(m): 3:14pm On May 20, 2012
Shut the Bleep up all your Gej haters! It is the duty of the president to move the country forward and if the solution that will bring about that is to divide the nation then say it out and stop lying to yourselves.
We can have a 1000 presidents and nothing will change, we will still be saddled with the same problems we have been struggling with since 1960. You guys in the north have had over 40years rule and you couldn't do shit cos you kept lying to yourselves that nigeria is one. Bleep all of you!
It takes a bigger man with a heart as president to sincere about this kind of truth as jonathan revealed.
Divide this country and let the fucking mallams smell away and allow us breath fresh air here.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 20, 2012
first, for foreign land dude yab military wey him de command and now this. una really get patriotic presido! useless bunch
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 20, 2012
shymmex: SLAVERY is different from COLONIALISM.... We don't have the same experience - your experience is different from ours...

IS THAT RIGHT? grin grin
wow... sure you paid attention in your social studies class? Your teacher deserves a proper flogging.

"Slavery different from colonialism". grin
My guy, being colonized is FAR worse than being uprooted. Remember that. Besides, if you knew the treatment your people got on their own land you wouldn't embarrass their memory and honor with your childish and baseless rants.

What do you call yourself again?

shymmex:

About do I know where Epe is, when the map is on my profile.. grin grin grin grin grin grin And when did I ever say the whitey was better than me?? Can you check my post history, and quote it?? I dare you to do that!!! cool

And how did I absorb the British from our problems, when I have always maintained a stance that we were exploited by their colonial rule - and we're better off without them... I even suggested that we have no reason to be part of the commonwealth of Nation - neither should we continue to do exploitative business with both the British and Americans... I've never been pro-west - [size=18pt]I've always maintain an afrocentric point of view on all my post on NL...[/size]

The topic at hand is: "President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable." Let us debate that, and how clueless the president was to make such a statement - and how out the problem of the entity called: "Nigeria" - didn't even start in 1914...

In 1914, we were called: "Colony and Protectorate of Nigeria." Which included Southern Cameroon.... Nigeria was birthed in 1960 - and the last time I checked we could have gone our separate ways before 'Nigeria' was created...

Your smear campaign won't work - just accept that the president is clueless, and what he said is treasonable under Nigerian law. cool

"Afro.Centric" AH-HA!
Well, Surely someone must have hijacked your account when you said...

shymmex: [/s]

Why can't you just STFU and mind your damn business... This isn't about Jamaica!! What do you know about Nigeria?? Just because you sleep on a Nigerian forum don't give you the rights to join every discourse about Nigeria - and spew ignorance... The last time I checked, Jamaicans are not the most intelligent stock... Worry about your country!!

Where did Jamaicans come from? Pluto? grin tongue
You nearly cursed me to shame for not mentioning African presence and influence on the island when I told you I was Jamo and African American grin...and then you say the above today. SMH. How do we build a bridge (the common goal for all Pan Africanists) if we divide ourselves based on region? Exactly. Afro. centric joke is what YOU are. Someone like you, a separatist, talking about Nigerian issues undecided...well, that's a dangerous thing.

But anyway..Stick to the topic child, you're not ready.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 3:23pm On May 20, 2012
manny4life:

I won't neither however the problem is that though I'm worried about the foundation, I will defer to the structural experts who will discern the issue. Nigeria's foundation depends on 160+million Nigerians, and NASS is the right people to address such issues not president. If president went on air and told the people, WE HAVE A PROBLEM, not necessarily mentioning amalgamation, and ask the people to decide how they want to fix it, it's the people who will say it, and hold their NASS members accountable and not the president. Mr President can listen to the people and send a draft to Congress, THIS IS WHAT THE PEOPLE WANT, let NASS refuse it, now it's the people who want it NOT him.

I really do not think the NASS is the place to hold a national conversation. 90% of those guys are only there to increase the bulge in their pockets.
Even worse, under our current counterfeit federalism, the NASS, just like our governors and LG bosses are not accountable to the voters. So whose voice would they be representing? How do you use a rotten system to fix itself? Its not possible. bro.

All along, GEJ has been dropping subtle hints of the direction he is following. I will list a few (tell me if you think the NASS would be useful in any):
1. Make the LG the center of development, not the state and divorce LG accounts from state govt accounts (governors kicked a mighty fuss against it).
2. Abrogate the land use decree (ostensiblly for agriculture).
3. Expand the constitution amendment committee to include ethnic representation.
4. Recent mention of 1914.

Quite clearly, the only force that can tackle these matters convincingly is some sort of grassroots representation, similar to what we had with the selection of representatives for the 1979 constitution. Thats the only thing that willl work and free each and every Nigerian from bondage.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Onyenna(m): 3:25pm On May 20, 2012
"According to the President, something must have
gone wrong along the line from 1914 when the
Southern and Northern Protectorate amalgamated
till date, stressing that the problem of Nigeria did
not start today."

I don't see anything wrong with the above statement....... 'From 1914 till date'.....

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by FILEBE(m): 3:26pm On May 20, 2012
Goodluck, the most controversial president Nigeria has ever had. The guy is seriously under pressure
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Johndoe100(m): 3:29pm On May 20, 2012
Why don't you guys discuss the propsed confrence? The north and south have agreed to have a confrence to agree on how to live together. They plan for the resolutions of this confrence to be forwarded to the commitee set up by either GEJ or so on constitutional reform to form the basis of the new constitutional amendments to be introduced or enacted by the Natioanal Assembly. Tony Uranta was one of the spokesmen for the south after the reps of the north and south met. GEJ's comments did not hapen in a vacum. He rarely speaks unless something is up. Who wants to bet that the flaws he identified will "suddenly" be topics at this national confrence?
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 3:29pm On May 20, 2012
FILEBE: Goodluck, the most controversial president Nigeria has ever had. The guy is seriously under pressure

He is only "controversial" to lovers of the status quo and is only "seriously under pressure" due to the mistakes of 1914.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 3:31pm On May 20, 2012
MsDarkSkin:
IS THAT RIGHT? grin grin
wow... sure you paid attention in your social studies class? Your teacher deserves a proper flogging.

You're a fool!! How's slavery the same as colonialism?? The last time I checked, my ancestors were not chained, flogged, and no one forcefully took away their culture... What's your IQ again?? Comparing slavery to colonialism is like comparing apple to oranges..

Both are dehumanizing, but they're NOT the same experience!!

CAN SOME PLEASE BAN THIS RETARDED GIRL FROM THE POLITICS SECTION?

What do you call yourself again?
"Afro.Centric" AH-HA!
Well, Surely someone must have hijacked your account when you said...

Are you that stupid?? Being Afrocentric means viewing everything from an African perspective and being black conscious - and the last time I checked, Nigeria is in Africa... And the word black consciousness was coined by an African Bantu Biko.. So, how's being Afrocentric synonymous with Jamaica??

Where did Jamaicans come from? Pluto? grin tongue
You nearly cursed me to shame for not mentioning African presence and influence on the island when I told you I was Jamo and African American grin...and then you say the above today. SMH. How do we build a bridge (the common goal for all Pan Africanists) if we divide ourselves based on region? Exactly. Afro. centric joke is what YOU are. Someone like you, a separatist, talking about Nigerian issues undecided...well, that's a dangerous thing.

This isn't about building a bridge, it's about the Nigerian president... Stay away from national issues - we will send you an invite when we have a discourse about African history, ok?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by aljharem(m): 3:32pm On May 20, 2012
finguy: Shut the Bleep up all your Gej haters! It is the duty of the president to move the country forward and if the solution that will bring about that is to divide the nation then say it out and stop lying to yourselves.
We can have a 1000 presidents and nothing will change, we will still be saddled with the same problems we have been struggling with since 1960. You guys in the north have had over 40years rule and you couldn't do shit cos you kept lying to yourselves that nigeria is one. Bleep all of you!
It takes a bigger man with a heart as president to sincere about this kind of truth as jonathan revealed.
Divide this country and let the fucking mallams smell away and allow us breath fresh air here.

Balabalala , the north this mallam that

So you mean because the north "destroyed" (according to you) the country, we should not move forward ?

C'mon were did you leave your brain.

Ok lets leave the north out of this, Lets make sure the "south" right !

Lets make sure the south moves forward then GEJ would be Nigerians greatest Man
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by nagoma(m): 3:32pm On May 20, 2012
Beaf: Nigerias problems started in 1914. Anyone who disagrees is a liar.
It is best for us to prepare for a truthful SNC in whigh we wouldn't lie to ourselves about cosmetic unity. Either we forge something concrete and become a real nation or we part in peace. Period. cool
We part in peace , a referendum can achieve that. sNC is a talking shop , will generate more tension and is a waste of time we all know what we want -separate from the enemy.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by aljharem(m): 3:32pm On May 20, 2012
shymmex:

You're a fool!! How's slavery the same as colonialism?? The last time I checked, my ancestors were not chained, flogged, and no one forcefully took away their culture... What's your IQ again?? Comparing slavery to colonialism is like comparing apple to oranges..

CAN SOME PLEASE BAN THIS RETARDED GIRL FROM THE POLITICS SECTION?

Are you that stupid?? Being Afrocentric means viewing everything from an African perspective and being black conscious - and the last time I checked, Nigeria is in Africa... And the word black consciousness was coined by an African Bantu Biko.. So, how's being Afrocentric synonymous with Jamaica??

This isn't about building a bridge, it's about the Nigerian president... Stay away from national issues - we will send you an invite when we have a discourse about African history, ok?

I doubt if she is Jamaican
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by aljharem(m): 3:33pm On May 20, 2012
nagoma:
We part in peace , a referendum can achieve that. sNC is a talking shop , will generate more tension and is a waste of time we all know what we want -separate from the enemy.

gbammm facts, but this Beaf of a man would not support such

We need SNC fast so each region can access themselves
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Kabai: 3:33pm On May 20, 2012
OP, na wa for you o. You need some more comprehension lessons. I tell you! All of you you use this forum to play blind politics will soon find yourselves to blame.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Kobojunkie: 3:33pm On May 20, 2012
FILEBE: Goodluck, the most controversial president Nigeria has ever had. The guy is seriously under pressure

Under what pressure? Why do some of you try your all to portray him a victim in all this? What sort pressure is the one first man, who tested life in Aso-Rock for 3 years before taking office, under?
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Kobojunkie: 3:35pm On May 20, 2012
Onyenna: "According to the President, something must have
gone wrong along the line [size=14pt]from 1914 when the
Southern and Northern Protectorate amalgamated
till date
[/size]
, stressing that the problem of Nigeria did
not start today."

I don't see anything wrong with the above statement....... 'From 1914 till date'.....

Personal opinions aside, I am at least glad you are HONEST ENOUGH TO accept that the statement was made.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by andresia(m): 3:35pm On May 20, 2012
I shudder to think that in the case of break-up, I will be in the same country with psychopaths and schizophrenics like Beaf and his kind embarassed

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by nagoma(m): 3:36pm On May 20, 2012
Johndoe100: Why don't you guys discuss the propsed confrence? The north and south have agreed to have a confrence to agree on how to live together. They plan for the resolutions of this confrence to be forwarded to the commitee set up by either GEJ or so on constitutional reform to form the basis of the new constitutional amendments to be introduced or enacted by the Natioanal Assembly. Tony Uranta was one of the spokesmen for the south after the reps of the north and south met. GEJ's comments did not hapen in a vacum. He rarely speaks unless something is up. Who wants to bet that the flaws he identified will "suddenly" be topics at this national confrence?

Point of correction - "how to separate " and all that is needed is a committee not a waste of time with SNC talking shop.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by 4evergod3: 3:36pm On May 20, 2012
Beaf:

He is only "controversial" to lovers of the status quo and is only "seriously under pressure" due to the mistakes of 1914.

Always being tossed to and fro by every wind of doctrine from GEJ. You go wound one day. Now GEJ is under pressure because of issues from 1914 just because he said it? Dude get a life. We have seen Heads of state and Presidents come and go and nobody mentioned 1914 as being a problem even if it was... Rather they chose to work around it and leave results which the populace could see and identify with but what does your Paymaster GEJ do? He plays the blame game just like you Porky. Pass the ball.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by aljharem(m): 3:38pm On May 20, 2012
andresia: I shudder to think that in the case of break-up, I will be in the same country with psychopaths and schizophrenics like Beaf and his kind embarassed

I guess you are a Niger-deltan, if true then yes you would be in the same country with BEAF and his tribalsitic goons

Even better is that after he has "fought" his propaganda hateful war against the north, he would then start a new one of different ethnic groups in the Niger-delta
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by ayobase(m): 3:41pm On May 20, 2012
Where is MsDarkskin?
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by 4evergod3: 3:41pm On May 20, 2012
I'LL BE BACK IN AN HOUR PORKY. DONT YOU GO NOWHERE. wink
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 20, 2012
shymmex:

You have GOT to be kidding....you're telling me there were NO slaves on the African continent much less Nigeria?
You're embarrassing.

Nuff said.

Shame on you! SHAME ON YOU!

What you said above is spitting on the likes of Marcus Garvey who was born in the 1800s LONG before Brother Bantu Biko.
Garvey was a JAMAICAN BORN Pan-Africanist who traveled the continent and the Americas to bring Africans of the diaspora together.

REMEMBER: Africa technically does not exist, as our ancestors separated based on linguistic and cultural similarities thus formed tribes. Colonization is what made us share a common goal : obtaining and maintaining freedom. That included western blacks.

How dare you call yourself "afro. centric" and you don't even know the beginning or meaning of the word. *spits*

This isn't about building a bridge, it's about the Nigerian president...

Your ignorance is far worse than any I've heard here in America. That's how bad it is.

Stay away from national issues - we will send you an invite when we have a discourse about African history, ok?

According to Emma West, you shouldn't be in the UK but you are. So deal with it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply)

Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election / Holland Chukwudubem A Dead Soldier: Another Fallen Hero / Asari Dokubo: "Don't Wish Me Happy Independence Day, I'm Not A Nigerian"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.