Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable (38518 Views)

Jonathan's Speech At Handover Presentation. / Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe / Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Kobojunkie: 2:43pm On May 20, 2012
saintohia: It doesn't matter if that's what the president said in the present Nigeria.[size=13pt] What counts is if it's true.

That amalgamation is one of the greatest fraud on earth by those running "Project Nigeria", ok.
[/size]

Have u ever bothered to ask urself or imagine / anticipate how developed some part of the particle termed Nigeria would have been should they be existing as different nations since 1914?

Well, the good thing is rather than try to twist a new meaning out of what was said, you at least ADMIT HERE that he did say it. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 2:44pm On May 20, 2012
soon it will be the end of this useless entity, insha Allah
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Kobojunkie: 2:45pm On May 20, 2012
manny4life:

From the article, it said

something must have gone wrong along the line from 1914 when the Southern and Northern Protectorate amalgamated till date, stressing that the problem of Nigeria did not start today.

That's was the after the amalgamation, but anyway, I've ignored the question ... thank you

Again . . .

Kobojunkie:

I guess since I do not see the word "AFTER" used (neither do I think it is implied)in the statement made by the president, then we might as well not be addressing the same statement so no point going forward then. Ignore the question then.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by fyneguy: 2:45pm On May 20, 2012
If a problem started FROM 1914, it means there was a problem ''IN 1914''.

Mr President should please tell us the problem we had in 1914.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 20, 2012
Beaf:
You have always said white people are superior to you, its happened over and over on threads all over NL. It is that same low self-esteem that is scaring you shiitless at the mention of 1914.
You will keep asking stup!d questions, because your only identity is peckham and you have not seen fit to come home and know your village.

You don't count, thrash around as you like, a man without an identity is a waste to his country. Phuck off and fly the Union Jack.

When did I ever say a whitey is superior to me on NL - when I'm the same guy who talks about about great the Yoruba culture is, and an Afrocentrist to the core... Heck, I don't even believe in the Whiteman's religion... FYI, I have never rated a whitey, and I'll never do - because the greatest civilization known to mankind was BUILT on the African continent, by my ancestors... grin grin grin grin

How is my identity peckham, when Epe, and the great Yoruba tribe is all I talk about on NL FYI, Oduduwa is all I pledge allegiance to - and I could care less about a union jack, and the horrors of slavery and colonization behind it...

I'm not scared of 1914, but if we're to play the blame game - let's do it the right way... The president is clueless, period.

Your smear campaign won't work.. Debate intelligently without name calling, and answer the damn questions...
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Funkymallam(m): 2:45pm On May 20, 2012
alj harem: LOL I can see Jamine and Funkeymallam watching grin grin grin grin

I would respectfully like to read what these two say (no disrespect wink)

Still going through the post. wink
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 2:45pm On May 20, 2012
manny4life:

Madam Kobo, I did not say our president expressed doubt in the creation but "AFTER" the creation, there's a huge difference - Read my previous post. Yes, Congress can ask the President to resign for just about any reason, so if NASS wants to ask him to resign due to unguarded comments such as this, I won't be surprised.

Like I've ALWAYS stated, Mr. President mad unguarded, unwanted and unwarranted comments, it's highly uncalled for because these types of issues cause chaos, however, I'm of the opinion that he's comments did not constitute treason.

There was nothing uncalled for in GEJ's statement. If you have a problem, you first sincerely aknowledge it, before you can set about fixing it.
If GEJ's goal is to totally uproot the reasons for disunity, how can he do that without tackling the foundation?

In my opinion, it is a simple "get ready" hint we have been given. What unity do we even have when so called presidential candidates can talk about dogs and baboons covered in blood in the same breath as he mentioned democracy and elections? What unity do we have when a power struggle first becomes a North - South issue and then spills into bombing of innocents?

There is no point hiding our heads in the sand.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Kobojunkie: 2:47pm On May 20, 2012
fyneguy: If a problem started FROM 1914, it means there was a problem ''IN 1914''.

A problem in 1914, centering around the amalgamation of the South and North. The Amalgamation itself is the creation of Nigeria, the entity. Independence, which came in 1960 is a whole 'nother subject but the Amalgamation is the coming into existence of the entity called Nigeria which he currently runs. grin
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by andyanders: 2:47pm On May 20, 2012
Pure truth. What is wrong with that. Bringing the North and the South is the worst thing that EVER happened to Nigeria State. The North see Nigeria as theirs and leadership as their birth right. That is why Buhari still behaves like a mad man at his age calling for bloodbath. Amalgamation of Nigeria - North and South in 1914 is a pure mistake. t should have been Northern Niger Area and Southern Nigeria.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 20, 2012
andyanders: Pure truth. What is wrong with that. Bringing the North and the South is the worst thing that EVER happened to Nigeria State. The North see Nigeria as theirs and leadership as their birth right. That is why Buhari still behaves like a mad man at his age calling for bloodbath. Amalgamation of Nigeria - North and South in 1914 is a pure mistake.

You had a chance in 1959, why didn't you undo it then?
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Funkymallam(m): 2:48pm On May 20, 2012
jmaine:

I have said what needs to be said . . . the OP and his supporters need some real comprehension to do . .Are you among them . . cheesy

U dey mind ppl wey carry xpo frm pry sch? cheesy
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Kobojunkie: 2:49pm On May 20, 2012
andyanders: Pure truth. What is wrong with that. Bringing the North and the South is the worst thing that EVER happened to Nigeria State. The North see Nigeria as theirs and leadership as their birth right. That is why Buhari still behaves like a mad man at his age calling for bloodbath. Amalgamation of Nigeria - North and South in 1914 is a pure mistake.

Again . . Well, the good thing is, rather than try to twist a new meaning out of what was said, you at least acknowledge HERE that he did say it. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 20, 2012
There are a lot of people on this thread who must have failed reading and comprehension courses.

How is what he said "treasonable" and wishing that the Nigerian nation was never formed? All he is saying is look at Nigerian history from 1914 to the present. Think of all of the major events that have affected the nation and you will see the problems with Naija was since BEFORE his time. If you ask me it was even BEFORE 1914 but that's another argument for another thread. Well forget it I might as well..

For one thing Europeans did not honor or care about African boundaries. They wanted what was in their best interest. So if colonizing a land and putting tribes who a)probably have never interacted or b) Had a history of war, would achieve this then for them it was "so be it".

Now as for African presidents...When you take a people who are used to their traditional ways and you allow them to take power, what is the first thing they are going to? The same thing their colonizers did which is to look out for THEIR OWN. So even if GEJ was a closet tribalist like many of you assume, it started from somewhere. That was European colonization ALONG with African issues that began since before the Europeans came, long before colonization.

BUT like someone said, that is an undeniable fact, that sensible people understand. What IS very important now, is acknowledging it and finding ways to MEND wounds and BUILD the nation. It's simple. Trying to instigate out cry because of your own insecurities and prejudices will only add fuel to the fire. Then when ish hits the fan, you blame GEJ.

Not everyone who participate on NL IS for ONE Nigeria. Also remember this is a "nameless and faceless forum" so you never know who is on here with ill intentions...remember that. So tread careful.

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 20, 2012
egift: Mr. President GEJ Speech is a Treasonable offense because not only is it insulting to the dignity of of the Nigerian State, it as well undermines the sovereignty of the nation. How can a President of our great country Nigeria say that the Amalgamation of Nigeria in 1914 was a mistake.

Do you agree?

Oga u smoke dogon yaro dis morning? For where Gej talk say the "Amalgamation of Nigeria in 1914 was a mistake." undecided

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 2:51pm On May 20, 2012
shymmex:

When did I ever say a whitey is superior to me on NL - when I'm the same guy who talks about about great the Yoruba culture is, and an Afrocentrist to the core... Heck, I don't even believe in the Whiteman's religion... FYI, I have never rated a whitey, and I'll never do - because the greatest civilization known to mankind was BUILT on the African continent, by my ancestors... grin grin grin grin

How is my identity peckham, when Epe, and the great Yoruba tribe is all I talk about on NL FYI, Oduduwa is all I pledge allegiance to - and I could care less about a union jack, and the horrors of slavery and colonization behind it...

I'm not scared of 1914, but if we're to play the blame game - let's do it the right way... The president is clueless, period.

Your smear campaign won't work.. Debate intelligently without name calling, and answer the damn questions...

Do you know where Epe is? Can you identify it if you were dropped there?

You have said it enough times that white people are better than you. You have always displayed an abysmally low self-esteem and like I said, that low self esteem is the same thing driving you into high fever whenever 1914 is mentioned.

Just come home and know your father compound, right now you are totally lost, totally lacking in culture and totally lacking in identity, that is why you think like an id!ot rhat the British viewpoint for our amalgamation (which was to exploit us) is something we should be singing halleluya about. How lost can one get?

Leave Peckham on the next plane and visit your village. Lost soul.

Keep flying the Union Jack. Ode!

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by aljharem(m): 2:52pm On May 20, 2012
ballabriggs:

Which ethnic reason? He is fraud who is only out to fulfill his hungry soul. He has no interest of the Niger Delta.

Gbammmm just like those before him

But we also need to be careful of what we say so Niger-deltains can see from our point of view if they so wish
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by aljharem(m): 2:52pm On May 20, 2012
Funkymallam:

Still going through the post. wink
grin grin grin grin we dey wait, smiley na gode
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 20, 2012
?
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by ayobase(m): 2:54pm On May 20, 2012
jmaine:

All the wriggling and dancing above doesn't change the fact that you have serious comprehension issues . . .i gave you a simple advice to rephrase your question to match the article so as to attract a robust discussion . . . But here you are, still doing what you blind rabid GEJ haters love doing best . . .singing discordant tunes when your folly and mischief has been duly trashed and exposed . . .

Btw, my fun pics do help in driving home lots of messages than an ordinary smiley would . . . So just get used to them . . . . Even though it annoys the hell outta ya . . . .

Where dis post dey since.....
Na carry over laughter be dis o!

I don laugh sotey.......
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 20, 2012
MsDarkSkin: [s]There are a lot of people on this thread who must have failed reading and comprehension courses.

How is what he said "treasonable" and wishing that the Nigerian nation was never formed? All he is saying is look at Nigerian history from 1914 to the present. Think of all of the major events that have affected the nation and you will see the problems with Naija was since BEFORE his time. If you ask me it was even BEFORE 1914 but that's another argument for another thread. Well forget it I might as well..

For one thing Europeans did not honor or care about African boundaries. They wanted what was in their best interest. So if colonizing a land and putting tribes who a)probably have never interacted or b) Had a history of war, would achieve this then for them it was "so be it".

Now as for African presidents...When you take a people who are used to their traditional ways and you allow them to take power, what is the first thing they are going to? The same thing their colonizers did which is to look out for THEIR OWN. So even if GEJ was a closet tribalist like many of you assume, it started from somewhere. That was European colonization ALONG with African issues that began since before the Europeans came, long before colonization.

BUT like someone said, that is an undeniable fact, that sensible people understand. What IS very important now, is acknowledging it and finding ways to MEND wounds and BUILD the nation. It's simple. Trying to instigate out cry because of your own insecurities and prejudices will only add fuel to the fire. Then when ish hits the fan, you blame GEJ.

Not everyone who participated on NL IS for ONE Nigeria...remember that. So be careful.
[/s]

Why can't you just STFU and mind your damn business... This isn't about Jamaica!! What do you know about Nigeria?? Just because you sleep on a Nigerian forum don't give you the rights to join every discourse about Nigeria - and spew ignorance... The last time I checked, Jamaicans are not the most intelligent stock... Worry about your country!!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 2:57pm On May 20, 2012
fyneguy: If a problem started FROM 1914, it means there was a problem ''IN 1914''.

IMHO, that is an issue for national discussion.
We need an SNC that will either forge us into an indivisible nation or see us going our seperate ways in peace. GEJ has hinted at the widening of the constitutional amendment committee to include wider ethnic representation. Way to go. cool
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by manny4life(m): 2:57pm On May 20, 2012
Beaf:

There was nothing uncalled for in GEJ's statement. If you have a problem, you first sincerely aknowledge it, before you can set about fixing it.
If GEJ's goal is to totally uproot the reasons for disunity, how can he do that without tackling the foundation?

In my opinion, it is a simple "get ready" hint we have been given. What unity do we even have when so called presidential candidates can talk about dogs and baboons covered in blood in the same breath as he mentioned democracy and elections? What unity do we have when a power struggle first becomes a North - South issue and then spills into bombing of innocents?

There is no point hiding our heads in the sand.

Beaf, I will argue for Mr. President where I have to, I will rebuke where I have to. I do acknowledge we have a problem between North/South, that's obvious already but that's not my point. While I do not acknowledge he hadn't committed treason of any sought, in my opinion, his comments "though true" but were not warranted.

Mr. President did solemnly swore an Oath of Office, Allegiance to uphold affirm, and defend the unity of Nigeria, expressing any form of doubts regarding the foundation or after the foundation or during the journey where we are today is uncalled for and unwarranted. Rather than express doubts, express optimism.

My point is that the President shouldn't express such comments at all, he could use anyone in his cabinet, or even ask people in Congress to address the issue, after that he does damage control. That's what politics is all about.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by ballabriggs: 2:57pm On May 20, 2012
alj harem:

Gbammmm just like those before him

But we also need to be careful of what we say so Niger-deltains can see from our point of view if they so wish

Na so now, make all of them still dey form 'Niger Delta activists', when the time comes we would separate the "monkeys from the baboons".
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by andyanders: 2:58pm On May 20, 2012
@Beaf:
You said the truth.
@shymmex:, needs to be rehabilitated.He has truly lost focus
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by bakila: 2:58pm On May 20, 2012
Beaf: Nigerias problems started in 1914. Anyone who disagrees is a liar.
It is best for us to prepare for a truthful SNC in whigh we wouldn't lie to ourselves about cosmetic unity. Either we forge something concrete and become a real nation or we part in peace. Period. cool

dislike
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 2:58pm On May 20, 2012
shymmex: [/s]

Why can't you just STFU and mind your damn business... This isn't about Jamaica!! What do you know about Nigeria?? Just because you sleep on a Nigerian forum don't give you the rights to join every discourse about Nigeria - and spew ignorance... The last time I checked, Jamaicans are not the most intelligent stock... Worry about your country!!

She knows more about Nigeria than you do. She has more of a feel for Black issues than you do.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by aljharem(m): 2:59pm On May 20, 2012
bakila:

dislike
grin grin grin grin grin lol
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Funkymallam(m): 3:00pm On May 20, 2012
And supposedly matured minds are arguing this? Smh sad

I noticed a trend on nairaland, start a topic, highlight the portion that suits ur lie or write another post to explain their 'spin and spell'. Then others join the bandwagon cus its easier to read few lines and proceed to spew rubbish.

@Op i knw u are not dat daft but just want to have fun.

1. Why the first post explaing and confusing ppl with ur lieing logic?
2. U should have only post the article and allow ppl to deduce if that was what the president meant.

U need to tell urself the truth cus u are sounding so daft here.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 20, 2012
shymmex: [/s]

That's funny! VERY funny considering I am Jamaican American but am 1)more intelligent than yourself and 2) More knowledgeable about YOUR country and perhaps TRIBE than yourself. So here's what you do, you this embarrassment of the African continent, take my guy's advice...

Leave Peckham on the next plane and visit your village. Lost soul.

...and grow the hell up. I won't even trade words with some self hating "black Briton". So kindly remove yourself from my posts.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by aljharem(m): 3:01pm On May 20, 2012
andyanders: @Beaf:
You said the truth.
@shymmex:, needs to be rehabilitated.He has truly lost focus

SMH what truth has he said ? being tribalistic against the North is the truth ?

Would you like if some paid agent keep making inciteful hateful propaganda against your ethnicity ?

C'mon lets think a bit here and put ourselves in the shoes on the people we talk ill of.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 20, 2012
Beaf:

She knows more about Nigeria than you do. She has more of a feel for Black issues than you do.

smiley cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply)

Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election / Picture Of The Prettiest Soldier In Nigeria / I Will Rather Die In Jail Than For Ohaneze Ndigbo To Claim Credit... Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.