Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,295 members, 7,839,446 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census (13406 Views)

Poll: What is your ethnicity?

Hausa: 0% (0 votes)
Nupe: 0% (0 votes)
Ibibio/Efik/Annang: 0% (0 votes)
Ijaw: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Hausa: 4% (28 votes)
Nupe: 2% (18 votes)
Igbo: 44% (282 votes)
Yoruba: 45% (289 votes)
Fulani: 1% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

Ibibio/Efik/Annang: 26% (31 votes)
Igala: 7% (9 votes)
Idoma: 17% (20 votes)
Bini: 34% (40 votes)
Itsekiri: 13% (15 votes)
This poll has ended

Urhobo: 25% (21 votes)
Isoko: 16% (14 votes)
Ijaw: 31% (26 votes)
Kanuri: 9% (8 votes)
Itsekiri: 16% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

Tiv: 26% (14 votes)
Isan: 30% (16 votes)
Jukun: 9% (5 votes)
Ebira: 18% (10 votes)
Gwari: 15% (8 votes)
This poll has ended

Nairaland Ethnic Census, What Tribe Are You From. / NAIRALAND 2013 Ethnic Census / Analysis Of Nigerian 2006 Census Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by egift(m): 4:30pm On May 21, 2012
Ejiné: But, IMHO, I think this should be done according to geopolitical zones. Then we shall see say na SS truly plenty pass you local champions when it comes to internet presence cool

Yeah that is another good suggestion.

odumchi:
I think its obvious that the results of the different polls will be averaged together. Besides, it's not practical to list every ethnicity. Only those with populations upwards of 1 million were listed.

So those in minority are not Nigerians? As I said in my first post here - this thread is divisive. If it must be done, just do it properly and carry everyone along (at least as Ejine stated, else its a wasted effort).

Also your Poll is a flop, one person can vote in all five and it will all count grin
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by handmaid: 4:51pm On May 21, 2012
@poster: d tribe isan got me a little bit confused. Did u mean d ishan (esan) tribe in Edo State, to which i belong, or is dat a different tribe?
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by Sijo01(f): 4:53pm On May 21, 2012
Andre Uweh: The Igbo and Yoruba constitute 65% of nairaland.

dem ask u dat one?
vote mak u comt 4road.
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by Sijo01(f): 4:56pm On May 21, 2012
leadin d way 4all d Bini peeps.
cool cool
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by Afam4eva(m): 4:58pm On May 21, 2012
handmaid: @poster: d tribe isan got me a little bit confused. Did u mean d ishan (esan) tribe in Edo State, to which i belong, or is dat a different tribe?
It's the same thing. I think Isan is the right spelling, i think.
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by Afam4eva(m): 5:00pm On May 21, 2012
@Odumchi
Why did you fragment the poll into three. I can only see the result of the section that includes my ethnic group.
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by PhysicsQED(m): 5:11pm On May 21, 2012
afam4eva:
It's the same thing. I think Isan is the right spelling, i think.

Esan is the right spelling.

@op, what's the point of this exactly?
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by carlos86: 5:36pm On May 21, 2012
I hope people can't vote multiple times.It will just defeat the purpose
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by onyengbu: 5:37pm On May 21, 2012
Why is it only YORUBA Yoruba people that are very uncomfortable about this poll?

Could that be the same reason why OBJ refused to include tribe in the last census?

Is it because igbos outnumbered them last year and is already outnumbering them again?

and by the way, that bulldung about multiple IDs is still crap because every tribe does it.
Abeg you people should chill!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by cyril83(m): 5:38pm On May 21, 2012
Baseless thread of the day....lips sealed
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by Obiagu1(m): 5:39pm On May 21, 2012
Ejiné: @OP

I clicked "Igbo" first (because my father's from there), and then clicked "Isan" second (because my mother's from there).

That's how it's done, right? smiley

You can only vote once else it's cheating. Do you count yourself twice in a census?
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by Afam4eva(m): 5:41pm On May 21, 2012
onye_ngbu*:
Why is it only YORUBA Yoruba people that are very uncomfortable about this poll?

Could that be the same reason why OBJ refused to include tribe in the last census?

Is it because igbos outnumbered them last year and is already outnumbering them again?

and by the way, that bulldung about multiple IDs is still crap because every tribe does it.
Abeg you people should chill!
Can you point to where any Yoruba person condemned this thread?
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by Brixtonyute(m): 5:42pm On May 21, 2012
NL is officially an Igbo website lol.
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by Novice1(m): 5:45pm On May 21, 2012
The census categories should have been:

ACN- (the tinubu goons)
NA OUR SON (Ijaw ethnic warriors)
PDP (cabal fronters)
GEJ A**LICKERS (Beaf & his many aliases)
BUHARI PEOPLE (alj harem & co)

1 Like

Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by Nobody: 5:47pm On May 21, 2012
Ejiné: @OP

I clicked "Igbo" first (because my father's from there), and then clicked "Isan" second (because my mother's from there).

That's how it's done, right? smiley
Exactly what I was about complaining about.
The whole thing seems totally incoherent!
Abeg the mods should help the OP reorganize the poll with larger options to select from and the voting period should be made @ least a week long.

A beter alternative should be incorporating the poll into members profile so people like the OP will know where to go when looking for things like this for other data like religion, location(nigeria, africa, europe, etc)
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by onyengbu: 5:48pm On May 21, 2012
afam4eva:
Can you point to where any Yoruba person condemned this thread?

Ngwa gee nti here:

egift: If the FG of NL need such data, they should add it on profile field and make it mandatory and ask members to go update their profiles.

You guys should stop dividing this Nation. If I say something now all the sycophants will come out in their numbers to hurl insults. But you guys should stop it.

CyberG: Tribalism and divisionism instead of Nigerians to see themselves as that, they spend all their time on worthless pursuits like this one.

Who do you think these people are? Tutsi's?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by Afam4eva(m): 5:50pm On May 21, 2012
onye_ngbu*:

Ngwa gee nti here:

Who do you think these people are? Tutsi's?
egift is Igbo from Enugu i think.
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by Chinom(m): 5:50pm On May 21, 2012
NL will simply die if Igbos boycott the site. So, show some rspect.
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by onyengbu: 5:56pm On May 21, 2012
Alj Harem is a kanuri man from Anambra, have you forgotten that one too?
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by ismhab(m): 5:59pm On May 21, 2012
odumchi: The FG of Nairaland would like to know the population of its peoples inorder to properly allocate funds and services to the appropriate LGAs and states. Vote, and let your people be counted!

Lol, on a serious note, this is only for research and documentation purposes. I'm currently carrying out a study here on Nairaland and would appreciate it if everyone kindly voted and indicated their ethnicity. I'll try and add as many ethnicities as possible, and once again, I apologize if your people are not listed. cool

If your parents are of different ethnicites, kindly choose one. The link to last year's successful census can be found here: https://www.nairaland.com/725814/nairaland-2011-ethnic-census
Yeye, Hausa/Fulani are one ethnic, they can not be separated.
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by wowo2: 6:04pm On May 21, 2012
What about people who do not identify with any particular ethnic group.
I have names from 3 ethnic groups. My great grandparents both sides of my family migrated from separate ethnic groups and their great grandchildren are just nigerians...
Forms requiring home state are filled depending on which state one is living in at that point...confusing, I know.
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by cyril83(m): 6:10pm On May 21, 2012
Chinom: NL will simply die if Igbos boycott the site. So, show some rspect.
simply bcoz most igbos on NL are unemployed, So why won't u guyz devote all ur tym for nairaland
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by onyengbu: 6:13pm On May 21, 2012
cyril83: simply bcoz most igbos on NL are unemployee

grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by surfaceD: 6:14pm On May 21, 2012
@ Poster
I dont know how one can separate hausa from fulani and vice versa.
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by Ejine(m): 6:15pm On May 21, 2012
@OP
I just voted again. This time around, I voted "Urhobo" because while in a plane last month, a Sapele girl's booobs brushed me twice as she was trying to insert her luggage in the side carrier.

Wait... That's how it's done, right? undecided
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by Chinom(m): 6:18pm On May 21, 2012
cyril83: simply bcoz most igbos on NL are unemployed, So why won't u guyz devote all ur tym for nairaland

Yea right, I bet you're here looking for who to scam while waitng for your ashi to deliver from Italo. Low life love-vendor.
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by olaadegoke(m): 6:23pm On May 21, 2012
Another thread to promote ethnic division on NL.. @Op tell us what you intend to do with the result..
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by cyril83(m): 6:26pm On May 21, 2012
onye_ngbu*:

grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
typographical error
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by Ejine(m): 6:27pm On May 21, 2012
olaadegoke: Another thread to promote ethnic division on NL.. @Op tell us what you intend to do with the result..

He'll give us Cabin biscuits grin
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by Chinom(m): 6:27pm On May 21, 2012
Chinom:

Yea right, I bet you're here looking for who to scam while waitng for your ashi to deliver from Italo. Low life love-vendor.

Which one be Love-vendor again. No be me write amoooo. I said "LOW LIFE P*I*M*P
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by onyengbu: 6:33pm On May 21, 2012
cyril83: typography error
[size=18pt]Loooooooooooooooooooooollllll! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[/size]
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by cyril83(m): 6:38pm On May 21, 2012
Chinom:

So Nlanding is what u do thru out the day, no wonder u have diff identities here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

UPDATED: Death Toll From Zaria Attack Hits 25 / Army Will Continue To Use Made-in-aba Products – COAS / Infrastructure: Buhari Not Discriminating Against Ndigbo — Hon. Ben Kalu [VIDEO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.