Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,005 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? - Family (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? (27705 Views)

Are Women Designed To Seek Multiple Partners? / Women Are Their Worst Enemies / Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by cfours: 1:12am On Dec 03, 2012
of course, men have always had the interest of women and children. only the blind would dispute that. from world war 1 to 2, men gave up their lives to fight for the freedom you and i enjoyed today. men were chosen forcefully to fight for their respective countries. failure to join the army in the 60s attracted a lengthy prison sentence - i have never heard of women being pounced on to fight senseless wars in the past till date!

have you considered for a second that maybe there wouldn't have been world war 1 or 2 if nations were headed by women rather than egotistical blood thirsty men?

when you look at civilian casualities you will realize that women and children suffer the burden of war to the greatest extent. you can see this all over Africa. liberia,rwanda etc. senseless wars they played no role in starting. innocent victims in essence.
the worst part is child soldiers. only in Africa are the men so ruthless as to actually enlist children!!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by coogar: 1:16am On Dec 03, 2012
c.fours:

have you considered for a second that maybe there wouldn't have been world war 1 or 2 if nations were headed by women rather than egotistical blood thirsty men?

the same women who are governed by hormones? lololol
you need to work under a female boss to know that women are too emotional to lead countries. stop that chain of thought, it can never work!

when you look at civilian casualities you will realize that women and children suffer the burden of war to the greatest extent. you can see this all over Africa. liberia,rwanda etc. senseless wars they played no role in starting. innocent victims in essence.
the worst part is child soldiers. only in Africa are the men so ruthless as to actually enlist children!!

women suffer more coz they are the weaker sex - the opposite of what feminism preaches - this is why i said feminists are confused. let me ask again - are women strong or weak? you said you are strong and yet you are playing the victim......

c.fours, checkmate!
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by cfours: 1:17am On Dec 03, 2012
coogar:

yoruba men are lazier? hahahahahaha
c.fours, how much lower can you sink? civilisation started in lagos and spread throughout the south west. even the northerners who practise islam consider yoruba muslims as infidels. it's nothing to do with being lazy or not - an average yoruba man is just more exposed and more educated!

aribisala the rabid dog!
go and find a job - dangote needs drivers! ooops, you don't qualify, you didn't graduate!

OK. do you want a cookie? by lazier i'm talking about responsibility towards the family. many yoruba women are the primary caretakers of their home compared to other tribes. when you go to the markets you will see yoruba women and next to them are the igbo men. I think it is that way for a reason.
of course in some ways this is better than having a dicatator for a husband. ex.i'd rather be single caretaker for my family than live financially dependent under a tyrannical husband.

balance is usually the best. ex as they have in Scandinavian countries. where most men understand women to be equal human beings.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by cfours: 1:19am On Dec 03, 2012
coogar:
women suffer more coz they are the weaker sex -

and feminists have shown time and time again that women are not weak.
the fact that most of you guys are extremely intimidated and scared shitless of feminists is enough proof.
a woman or man is only weak to the extent that his/her potential is buried.

if you were raised by a single mom or an African american, those people will tell you point black that women definitely aren't weak. I've never met a weak african american woman.
yoruba women are strong too as I have said in my previous post (at least when looked at in the context of Nigeria).
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by pleep(m): 1:22am On Dec 03, 2012
On average female leaders are more likely to declare war than their male counterparts. Examples of this are Margaret Thatcher, Benazir Bhutto, Catherine the great, etc.

women suffer more coz they are the weaker sex - the opposite of what feminism preaches - this is why i said feminists are confused. let me ask again - are women strong or weak? you said you are strong and yet you are playing the victim......

c.fours, checkmate!
Women are only weak when they stop behaving like women. That is why black women are the weakest on the planet
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by coogar: 1:23am On Dec 03, 2012
c.fours:

OK. do you want a cookie? by lazier i'm talking about responsibility towards the family. many yoruba women are the primary caretakers of their home compared to other tribes. when you go to the markets you will see yoruba women and next to them are the igbo men. I think it is that way for a reason.

in the same nigeria i know?
yoruba women are the primary caretakers? feminism is not for you, woman! try knitting!

of course in some ways this is better than having a dictator for a husband. ex.i'd rather be single caretaker for my family than live financially dependent under a tyrannical husband.

it's a free world - you can live anyhow you want it....

balance is usually the best. ex as they have in Scandinavian countries. where most men understand women to be equal human beings.

of course - women are human beings.
not even a misogynist would dispute that and i have seen many women in nigeria holding political posts. men voted them in - not aliens!! so i don't really get your point with this comparison to scandinavians!

c.fours:

and feminists have shown time and time again that women are not weak.
the fact that most of you guys are extremely intimidated and scared shitless of feminists is enough proof. a woman or man is only weak to the extent that his/her potential is buried.

i know you are intelligent - if the strongest man in the world fight with the strongest woman in the world - who would win the bout?

if you were raised by a single mom or an African american, those people will tell you point black that women definitely aren't weak. I've never met a weak african american woman.
yoruba women are strong too as I have said in my previous post (at least when looked at in the context of Nigeria).

so if women are not weak - how come they suffer the highest number of casualties in war? can't you see you are contradicting yourself? why are there more räpe victims of females than the male?
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by aribisala0(m): 1:27am On Dec 03, 2012
c.fours:

animal ! go and bury ya mama
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by cfours: 1:31am On Dec 03, 2012
coogar:

in the same nigeria i know?
yoruba women are the primary caretakers? feminism is not for you, woman! try knitting!

it's a free world - you can live anyhow you want it....

of course - women are human beings.
not even a misogynist would dispute that and i have seen many women in nigeria holding political posts. men voted them in - not aliens!! so i don't really get your point with this comparison to scandinavians!

In nigeria, many yoruba women are primary caretakers. esp. among the lower classes. go to the markets you will see.
my point in the comparison to scandinavians is this:
in Nigeria, the price a woman pays for being free is to be single or a single mother.
whereas in scandinavian countries, a woman can be married and still have a husband who shares the same idea of gender equality. men will cook and even raise the kids unlike in nigeria where that is supposed to be a woman's job.
in nigeria, it's more likely to be a either/or situation rather than a balanced situation. although things are rapidly changing. thank God for that.

lol@ men voted them in. Most women in Nigerian political posts today are there because of western interventions and stipulations in exchange for foreign aid ex. millennium development goals etc. otherwise, you will still be hearing the quoted excuse "behind every successful man, there is a woman" for the reason why there are no women in politics. lol as if women aren't created to be successful themselves. does the quote "women first" ring a bell!? yeah. all these stupid chivalrous quotes do not hide any fact that women are relegated to subordinate positions. and they are somehow supposed to delude women into feeling important. hahaha
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by coogar: 1:31am On Dec 03, 2012
aribisala0:

get your putrid self out of here, you homoerotic pleb
can you not see the discourse here surpasses your intellectual threshold? anuofia!!

c.fours:

In nigeria, many yoruba women are primary caretakers. esp. among the lower classes. go to the markets you will see.

so you expect the men to be in the market selling pepper? the women are in the market - the men are in the farms making sure the products are harvested and transported to the market.

my point in the comparison to scandinavians is this:
in Nigeria, the price a woman pays for being free is to be single or a single mother.
whereas in scandinavian countries, a woman can be married and still have a husband who shares the same idea of gender equality. men will cook and even raise the kids unlike in nigeria where that is supposed to be a woman's job.
in nigeria, it's more likely to be a either/or situation rather than a balanced situation. although things are rapidly changing. thank God for that.

there's gender equality in nigeria - i dunno the nigeria you are talking about...

lol@ men voted them in. Most women in Nigerian political posts today are there because of western interventions and stipulations in exchange for foreign aid ex. millennium development goals etc. otherwise, you will still be hearing the quoted excuse "behind every man, there is a successful woman" for the reason why there are no women in politics. lol

western intervention? really?
oh lord - c.fours, you are so lost in the storm. so it was obama that installed that ndlea chic in the obasanjo administration? i believe you!
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by aribisala0(m): 1:38am On Dec 03, 2012
coogar:

get your putrid self out of here, you homoerotic pleb
can you not see the discourse here surpasses your intellectual threshold? anuofia!!

so you expect the men to be in the market selling pepper? the women are in the market - the men are in the farms making sure the products are harvested and transported to the market.

there's gender equality in nigeria - i dunno the nigeria you are talking about...

oh lord - c.fours, you are so lost in the storm. so it was obama that installed that ndlea chic in the obasanjo administration? i believe you!
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by coogar: 1:47am On Dec 03, 2012
aribisala0: animal ! go and bury ya mama

aribisala - remove the pillow case masking the face of the corpse....
she's your mother! cheesy cool grin
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by cfours: 1:47am On Dec 03, 2012
coogar:

hahah no comment. sure there is gender equality in nigeria. whatever you say.

it's called candidate quotas.
http://www.wikigender.org/index.php/Women_in_African_Politics
http://www.guardian.co.uk/global-development/poverty-matters/2012/sep/04/african-women-political-influence-cultural-change
http://www.idea.int/publications/quotas_africa/upload/IDEA_no3.qxd.pdf

without UN/IMF stipulations, trust me, the number of women you hear about or see in nigerian politics (or african politics in general) will be lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by pleep(m): 1:52am On Dec 03, 2012
Good. if you guys cant even argue logically on Nairaland what would you do with a country?
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by coogar: 1:53am On Dec 03, 2012
c.fours:

hahah no comment. sure there is gender equality in nigeria. whatever you say.
it's called candidate quotas.
http://www.wikigender.org/index.php/Women_in_African_Politics
http://www.guardian.co.uk/global-development/poverty-matters/2012/sep/04/african-women-political-influence-cultural-change
http://www.idea.int/publications/quotas_africa/upload/IDEA_no3.qxd.pdf

candidates quota my foot! how many state governors are women in nigeria?
women get nominated on merit not because UN/IMF stipulated anything. if a credible woman aspires to be a governor, i am sure people would vote her in because of her credibility not because of IMF.

without UN/IMF stipulations, trust me, the number of women you hear about or see in nigerian politics (or african politics in general) will be lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

you got jokes.....
i have to leave you now......time to go make love to my non feminist wife.

enjoy your evening! cool

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by aribisala0(m): 1:54am On Dec 03, 2012
coogar:

women get nominated on merit not because UN/IMF stipulated anything. if a credible woman aspires to be a governor, i am sure people would vote her in because of her credibility not because of IMF.

you got jokes.....
i have to leave you now......time to go make love to my non feminist wife.

enjoy your evening! cool
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by cfours: 2:00am On Dec 03, 2012
In the present administration eight women occupy
strategic ministerial posts, they are – Prof. Dora Akunyili
the (Min. for Information), Mrs. Felicia Njeze (Min. of
State), Mrs. Dlazani Madueke (Defence), Mrs. Agata
Jerry (Transport), Mrs. Aishatu Dikku (Min. of State), Mrs.
Grace Ekpiwhre (Science and Technology), Fatima
Ibrahim (Min. of State of Energy and Power) and Mrs.
Bingudu (Min. of women Affairs)
. From the foregoing it is
evident that there has been an increase in the number of
positions manned by women in Nigerian political affairs,
afar cry from what persisted in the 1950s. This has been
made possible due to the quota allocation system as
approved by the UN to be implemented in global politics.

It can therefore be seen that the practice of the quota
system assists in reducing the low-level of women participation
in politics, a veritable solution to male dominated
patriarchal society.

Women’s participation and the political process in
Nigeria: Problems and prospects
http://www.academicjournals.org/ajpsir/pdf/pdf2010/February/Agbalajobi.pdf
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by cfours: 2:03am On Dec 03, 2012
UN, World Bank and IMF loans and foreign aid have stipulations and women's rights is one of them.
of course we don't meet those affirmative action quotas but without them, we won't even make an effort.
Money speaks

goodnite. hope you have learned something new today. you're welcome
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by cfours: 2:19am On Dec 03, 2012
coogar:

you are clearly very clueless about politics.
any tom dick and harry (no matter how talented) can't just put their name on the candidate list and expect to win.
why do you think we only have the option of voting Obama or Mitt Romney (just two candidates). have you stopped to think that there are at least 50 talented people who put their names on the list but just do NOT stand any chance of making it all the way to have their names on our election ballots.
have you ever heard of such thing as political party backing?
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Nobody: 1:45am On Dec 04, 2012
Sagamite:

There are 4 catogories women's mentality can fall into in my opinion:

Brainwashed women: Those who are in full agreement with old ways and want to stick with women being treated as inferior.

Women's rights advocate: The women that have traditional views but yet want women to have more rights to be able to live better lives.

Women's equality advocate: The women that want full equality where women have exactly equal rights as men.

Feminists: Lunatics that hate men and want a way for women to have an advantage in society as retribution for past wrongs to women.

c.fours falls into the feminists ranks.

grin grin "The Amazon Sisterhood" aka women's movement has suffered!!

btw nice bod. wink
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by pleep(m): 7:45am On Dec 04, 2012
control your lusts woman tongue A man like that must already be taken.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Dec 04, 2012
pleep: control your lusts woman tongue A man like that must already be taken.

grin

why you gotta call me out like that?
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by tpiander: 8:15pm On May 18, 2015
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by tpiander: 8:20pm On May 18, 2015
TheShopKeeper:
All the analysis and counter-analysis have been noted, in one sentence, been bitchy is been ingrained and engraved in woman's DNA and nothing can remove that for eternity.

hm
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by tpiander: 9:26pm On May 18, 2015
lestat:
well this is extremely high among nigerian women ooo, i think its a nigerian factor exclusively because African American women stick together like hawks.. just go try and see for yourself

Hm
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by tpiander: 9:27pm On May 18, 2015
So who are the troublesome females if all the females here are accusing their fellow women of antagonizing them? lipsrsealed tongue

Hehe
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by tpiander: 1:47am On May 19, 2015
cfours:
^ women are more social so for every enemy, we have ten friends kiss a woman can go on dates, movies, shopping etc with her girlfriends.
but a guy can't do the same.
I smell jealously from the guys

this was funny though.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by tpiadotcom: 2:36pm On May 19, 2015
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by tpiadotcom: 6:15pm On May 20, 2015
. . . . . .
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by meobizy(f): 12:25pm On Oct 31, 2018
The goodness to honest truth is the game of attraction is not a nice one. We humans always do our best to eliminate the competition [youthful people of our gender].
Men compete against men for women so why do people find it hard to believe women do the same? Women, a very petty set of humans will outrival using their main attribute — pettiness.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

My Husband Has Refused To Pay Back A N5m Loan I Got For Him – Wife / Kaduna Pensioner Burns Down His House To Prevent Estranged Wife From Returning / Are Nigerian Women Truely The Most Unfaithful? Vanguard Article

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.