Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? (27706 Views)

Are Women Designed To Seek Multiple Partners? / Women Are Their Worst Enemies / Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by queensmith: 9:41am On May 23, 2012
michelin89:
I created this thread, after reading a lot from female posters on this particular section (and also from my life experience). Some female posters did end their posts with: women are indeed their worst enemies. I just thought I should turn it into a topic because at a point I got so disgusted at the way women were so quick to turn against other women for a mere conventional reason and the saying appeared more true than false.

I was actually surprised when I saw a particular poster agreeing with the title. tongue tongue

It's even a term I commonly use but for different reasons, I'm just wondering if it's our nature to be competitive and seek out faults in women. Even at the times we mean well.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Sagamite(m): 9:42am On May 23, 2012
queensmith:

I can imagine things are different for you gays. But straight men do.

I think this is what you wanted to say:

I can imagine things are different for you straight men. But gays do.

That would have made you right because I can only imagine you move with male bit[i]c[/i]hes for you to say men hate on each other.

You still have not answered my question on Missy B. Would you allow her to take all the attention and be chatted up?
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Nobody: 9:46am On May 23, 2012
I'm sure Missy B as confident as she is will be busy hooking her ladies up with guys. She'll point out an interested and interesting guy and later excuse herself to the toilet or to the bar just to give chance to her girl to enjoy the admirer's company.

I'd do the same! cool
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Sagamite(m): 9:50am On May 23, 2012
michelin89: I'm sure Missy B as confident as she is will be busy hooking her ladies up with guys. She'll point out an interested guy and later excuse herself to the toilet or to the bar just to give chance to her girl to enjoy the admirer's company.

I'd do the same! cool

What about if the guys see Missy B, contrast her with queensmith, and are inevitably fixated on Missy B instead? They will be casually hanging around by the toilet to make a move on Missy once she comes out.

When the contrast gap is too high, altruism can not save the day.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by queensmith: 9:50am On May 23, 2012
Sagamite:
If you are the one that is close friends with a girl like Missy B and you go clubbing with her, are you telling me you will not do you best to block all guys approaching her?

Would you be comfortable she is getting all the attraction from guys? Would you allow her to be taken away by a guy and you are left standing/dancing on your own?

You need to embrace your sexuality and come out of the closet now.

Now why will a woman block guys from approaching her friend? If anything i enjoy watching men make a fool of themselves, thats even besides the point. If a man is goodlooking, charming and hit all the girls the right way they won't turn him away. In that case men are actually the problem.

and all this, women keep ugly friends to make themselves look good is b*ls**t! If a woman only kept beautiful friends she'll be shallow, theres no pleasing some people!
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Sagamite(m): 9:57am On May 23, 2012
queensmith:

Now why will a woman block guys from approaching her friend? If anything i enjoy watching men make a fool of themselves, thats even besides the point. If a man is goodlooking, charming and hit all the girls the right way they won't turn him away. In that case men are actually the problem.

and all this, women keep ugly friends to make themselves look good is b*ls**t! If a woman only kept beautiful friends she'll be shallow, theres no pleasing some people!

It is not about girls turning guys away. It is about girls liking a guy and wanting to chat/dance with him but their obese friend aggressively separating them saying "We are dancing together", and the fine girl like Missy B not wanting to upset her already jealous friend, plus anticipating the enjoyment in seeing how the guy would presevere for her, will acquiesce. Hence a win-win for her. Unfortunately guys like me would leave her alone and you will succeed in spoiling her chance. It happens alot. A lot of guys will back me up.

Would you let Missy B go and dance with a guy?
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by coogar: 10:12am On May 23, 2012
queensmith:

Try to be objective here- you are making a post about women being katty, but you are also being katty in the process. and behaving in the exact same way we are calling women out for.

In the process a discussion which should actually bring women together turns into a platform where we bring arms out. I'm beginning to believe it's inevitable.

Anyways C.fours has a point, women are more loyal to one another than men. They form more intimate bonds with one another, I believe friendships between females are more meaningful chicks ride or die together.

women aren't more loyal.....matter of fact, they envy each other
and would go any length to bytch about it time n time again. why do you
think some women would rather keep male friends than their own kind?
why do you think most women prefer a male boss than a female boss?
stop defending the indefensible, when it comes to loyalty, men reign supreme!

queensmith:

look up the word "cockblocking" on google!
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by queensmith: 10:14am On May 23, 2012
all the childish speculation from a gay mans woes at the night club, i've told you too many times you need to stop deceiving yourself. You play for the other team :p
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Sagamite(m): 10:23am On May 23, 2012
coogar:
look up the word "cockblocking" on google!

ROFLMAO!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

So homeboys have created a word for this?

A cockblock or moment ruiner is an intentional, or sometimes unintentional action that serves to prevent someone from having sexual intercourse with a partner. Such behavior is often motivated by jealousy, or competitiveness, although it is sometimes accidental, or inadvertent. A cockblock, or cockblocker is a person who engages in such obstruction or intervention. According to an article by a freelance writer, Joshua Bernstein, in the New York Press, cockblocking is a "foul act in which someone interferes with another's attempt at finding happiness inside someone's pants." An author for the UWO Gazette believes that individuals frequenting bars in university towns are likely to be familiar with "this classic maneuver."

Damn! I never knew. grin

queensmith: all the childish speculation from a gay mans woes at the night club, i've told you too many times you need to stop deceiving yourself. You play for the other team :p

Will you cockblock Missy B or not? Would you be happy she is off to get all the attention in the world from a guy while you are left on your own?

Are you not a cockblocker by default due to the unfortunately wrong cards biological fate has dealt you?
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by queensmith: 10:26am On May 23, 2012
coogar:
women aren't more loyal.....matter of fact, they envy each other
and would go any length to bitch about it time n time again. why do you
think some women would rather keep male friends than their own kind?
why do you think most women prefer a male boss than a female boss?
stop defending the indefensible, when it comes to loyalty, men reign supreme!

Men? Loyal? Hmph. A woman is less likely to go for a friends ex boyfriend, men bitch to they are just a bit more subtle about it, as to keeping male friends, that is not for most women and it's part of the argument here; maybe these girls that claim to 'hate female drama' and prefer 'keeping male friends' are insecure and feel the need to put other women down to gain favor from the males around her?
Because a woman will work you hard and is less likely to tolerate nonsense, a man may tip toe around the fact you are a woman. Thats not a bad thing. I will employ a ruthless female to manage my company anyday.

Well it's not meant to be a battle of the sexes there are enough of those here, at the end of the day it's women that embrace religions and social trends that insult and belittle us. We can attribute a million and one factors to the way some women behave, but we are still recovering from hundreds (possible thousands) of years of being conditioned as the weaker sex.
Lets test males for a few hundred years and see how loyal you'll remain!

Come to think of it, women are incredibly defensive of their friends. Thats even why people often make the joke 'not all your friends are attractive'. In most of sagamite's night club scenarios the girls are defending their friends from ugly arrogant men. Instead of you to take rejection like a man you comfort yourselves by inventing the word cockblock. You think if she wanted to dance with you she won't? It's people like you that aim to pit women against each other for your egos sake.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by coogar: 11:44am On May 23, 2012
queensmith:

Men? Loyal? Hmph. A woman is less likely to go for a friends ex boyfriend, men bitch to they are just a bit more subtle about it, as to keeping male friends, that is not for most women and it's part of the argument here; maybe these girls that claim to 'hate female drama' and prefer 'keeping male friends' are insecure and feel the need to put other women down to gain favor from the males around her?
Because a woman will work you hard and is less likely to tolerate nonsense, a man may tip toe around the fact you are a woman. Thats not a bad thing. I will employ a ruthless female to manage my company anyday.

Well it's not meant to be a battle of the sexes there are enough of those here, at the end of the day it's women that embrace religions and social trends that insult and belittle us. We can attribute a million and one factors to the way some women behave, but we are still recovering from hundreds (possible thousands) of years of being conditioned as the weaker sex.

Come to think of it, women are incredibly defensive of their friends. Thats even why people often make the joke 'not all your friends are attractive'. In most of sagamite's night club scenarios the girls are defending their friends from ugly arrogant men. Instead of you to take rejection like a man you comfort yourselves by inventing the word cockblock. You think if she wanted to dance with you she won't? It's people like you that aim to pit women against each other for your egos sake.

so you agree men don't bytch about as much as women? well done!
fact is - women can be quite sensitive and emotional so women tread carefully around one another.
a man-woman friendship allows more freedom, competition do not come into play...a woman will not perceive
a man as vulnerable or sensitive as she would perceive a fellow woman.

take rejection like a man? men have been taking rejection since puberty but we can discern when
a girl wants to play and her obese and ugly friend is cockblocking....if she wants to go home with
me from the club, her friend will not let her and she's bound to agree with her friend so as not to
be branded a cheap LovePeddler! you know this....

so lemme ask you again.....do you cockblock? grin
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by taryour(f): 11:52am On May 23, 2012
ronkebp:

Sun na-nan!!! how you dey

OMG ronkus don kill me with laff today oo. Is dis supposed to b HAUSA or SPANISH.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Sagamite(m): 11:56am On May 23, 2012
queensmith:

YES! I KNEW IT!

I am too fcking intelligent not to know one when I see them.

This is one of the typical morbidly obese cockblockers. grin

Is that what you tell your friends when you jealously block their chance of meeting guys when you know you will be the only one left out of men's attraction? "I was doing it all for you, Missy. The guy was an arsehole for just coming to you and saying you look nice. That was just perverted!" grin grin grin grin grin grin

You are defending her? You are doing it in her self interest? That is what you tell her? LWKMD! grin grin grin grin grin

So it is not because you are jealous of her gettting all the attraction while you get none?

It is not because she is stunningly beautiful and you feel like a Hippo and you secretly resent her for it?

Tell me, she can't defend herself and judge for herself what kind of man she wants? grin

Jealous obese cockblocker! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Girls like Missy B should be warned to keep your type (in-circle secret haters) at an arms length.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by queensmith: 12:11pm On May 23, 2012
coogar:

so you agree men don't bytch about as much as women? well done!
fact is - women can be quite sensitive and emotional so women tread carefully around one another.
a man-woman friendship allows more freedom, competition do not come into play...a woman will not perceive
a man as vulnerable or sensitive as she would perceive a fellow woman.

take rejection like a man? men have been taking rejection since puberty but we can discern when
a girl wants to play and her obese and ugly friend is cockblocking....if she wants to go home with
me from the club, her friend will not let her and she's bound to agree with her friend so as not to
be branded a cheap LovePeddler! you know this....

men bych as much as women. Everyone does their fare share of byching about people they don't like. Men do it, women do it too.
Your second statement contradicts what you said before about female bosses? Women do not tread carefully around other women. You are more likely to divulge intimate details to a woman than a man, the connection in female relationships cannot be compared to intersex ones. In the end they do share alot in common,.
one of my closest friends is a guy, there are many things I will never share with him. Thats not freedom at all, as a woman I can say you're chatting absolute nonsense. Women do not perceive other women as vulnerable or sensitive.

Well it's your inability to handle rejections that makes you invent non existent concepts. In a social situation where you are bothering a girl who is having a good time with her friends what kind of response do you expect? Rather than see the reality (the woman does not want you) you decide to believe there is some vendetta. That's the fact of it right there you can spin it any way you want. If you visit a decent night club (face it your scenarios only happen in razmataz ones) you will find blokes pulling females in groups left and right.
I've never understood why a nigerian man thinks it's appropriate to interrupt a conversation in a restaurant or bother a girl that's having fun with friends. It's rude and antisocial. Thatisall. It applies to any group really not just female ones. Less arrogance more manners wins the race.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Sagamite(m): 12:24pm On May 23, 2012
queensmith:

men bych as much as women. Everyone does their fare share of byching about people they don't like. Men do it, women do it too.
Your second statement contradicts what you said before about female bosses? Women do not tread carefully around other women. You are more likely to divulge intimate details to a woman than a man, the connection in female relationships cannot be compared to intersex ones. In the end they do share alot in common,.
one of my closest friends is a guy, there are many things I will never share with him. Thats not freedom at all, as a woman I can say you're chatting absolute nonsense. Women do not perceive other women as vulnerable or sensitive.

Well it's your inability to handle rejections that makes you invent non existent concepts. In a social situation where you are bothering a girl who is having a good time with her friends what kind of response do you expect? Rather than see the reality (the woman does not want you) you decide to believe there is some vendetta. That's the fact of it right there you can spin it any way you want. If you visit a decent night club (face it your scenarios only happen in razmataz ones) you will find blokes pulling females in groups left and right.
I've never understood why a nigerian man thinks it's appropriate to interrupt a conversation in a restaurant or bother a girl that's having fun with friends. It's rude and antisocial. Thatisall. It applies to any group really not just female ones. Less arrogance more manners wins the race.

Why don't you let the fine girl be the one to decide if she is being bothered or it is rude?

Why is it that it is obese friends like you who belligerently (with an annoyed face) disconnect the holding hands of the girl and guy when she is about to leave with the guy to dance or chat?
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by coogar: 12:41pm On May 23, 2012
queensmith:

you're a tool!
ask your fellow women - they would tell you it's the truth.
women are less comfortable being competitive.

Well it's your inability to handle rejections that makes you invent non existent concepts. In a social situation where you are bothering a girl who is having a good time with her friends what kind of response do you expect? Rather than see the reality (the woman does not want you) you decide to believe there is some vendetta. That's the fact of it right there you can spin it any way you want.

stop talking via your arse.....most of the time, the target has agreed to dance
then her ugly, obese friend runs to her, whispers nonsense in her ears and she changes her mind.

If you visit a decent night club (face it your scenarios only happen in razmataz ones) you will find blokes pulling females in groups left and right.
I've never understood why a nigerian man thinks it's appropriate to interrupt a conversation in a restaurant or bother a girl that's having fun with friends. It's rude and antisocial. That is all. It applies to any group really not just female ones. Less arrogance more manners wins the race.

you're a tool.....in decent night clubs, men also tend to pull women to dance with.
it's not rude and antisocial to socialize in a club. you are the one with shot confidence here.

a naija man is confident....he sees what he likes and walks up to her.
what's antisocial there?
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by queensmith: 12:43pm On May 23, 2012
coogar:

Actually cockblock wasn't intended for the way hateful black men love to use it, anything in the way of opportunity is termed a 'cockblock' that can be from your smelly body odour to your controlling mother, a big mouthed friend or an ugly face. It's not a term used to insult women (unless your an angry black man of course you can't get enough of doing that).

But to answer your question, no. I get an enormous kick out of watching razmataz men make a fool out of themselves.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by queensmith: 12:49pm On May 23, 2012
coogar:

you're a tool!
ask your fellow women - they would tell you it's the truth.
women are less comfortable being competitive.

You cannot tell me about women, I am a woman I have inside information :p
Also you are antagonising yourself, you stated earlier that women are more competitive? Your argument is a weak one.

coogar:

stop talking via your arse.....most of the time, the target has agreed to dance
then her ugly, obese friend runs to her, whispers nonsense in her ears and she changes her mind.

what's antisocial there?

More angry black men talk, I've never actually been in this situation before so it's safe to assume you guys make it up in your heads. In reality the woman has rejected you, however when you tell the story a friend appeared from nowhere whispering words in a loud nightclub? Well done o delusional one.

coogar:
you're a tool.....in decent night clubs, men also tend to pull women to dance with.
it's not rude and antisocial to socialize in a club. you are the one with shot confidence here.

a naija man is confident....he sees what he likes and walks up to her.
what's antisocial there?

That's what I said, if you approach the woman politely and she's in the mood why not. If you aggressively pull a woman from a group of friends there is no way shes going to dance with you. Rather than run on bravado you guys need to work on you approach!
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 23, 2012
@ Sagamite

I have had my friends beg me to free them from a guy who wouldn't let go. Some men can be really insisting and annoying sometimes at the club where they believe every girl is there to hook up! wink

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Sagamite(m): 12:57pm On May 23, 2012
michelin89: @ Sagamite

I have had my friends beg me to free them from a guy who wouldn't let go. Some men can be really insisting and annoying sometimes at the club where they believe every girl is there to hook up! wink

They don't ask queensmith though. She just does it because she is "defeeeeeeeeensive" wink of her friends when they are smiling and holding hands with a guy that is ribbing them with sarcasm and repartees. grin
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Nobody: 1:12pm On May 23, 2012
Wetin queensmith do you?

I'm really surprised though she is being neutral on this thread, because she's a hardcore feminist (if she'd allow me the term) and she's very strict towards women who try to enslave or debase other women (from what I've learnt from her posts).
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Freesia(f): 1:13pm On May 23, 2012
Sagamite:

I was joking na.

How her chest wan even compete with your gigantic chest that is a major production facility for Peak Milk Ltd.

Sagamite:

[Gulps saliva]

Er...... Well....... You know....... Jesus is my lord and saviour.

jennykadry:

Joking ko, if that cousin came to you now with those Cotonou water melon, tell me you won't feast on it with ya eyes and mouth angry

Sis Jenny & Saga you two won't kill me on this forum with laughter!!!
You're right JK the men's weakness for a humongous pair of twins is... can't even be described with words

Sorry Michelin89 briefly derailed
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Sagamite(m): 1:22pm On May 23, 2012
michelin89: Wetin queensmith do you?

I'm really surprised though she is being neutral on this thread, because she's a hardcore feminist (if she'd allow me the term) and she's very strict towards women who try to enslave or debase other women (from what I've learnt from her posts).

Neutral? Are you having a laugh? grin grin grin grin grin

To be frank, in my life, I have never come across a more vile and repugnant female. She just reeks of awful attitude. She has a completely miasmatic personality and has already indirectly indicated she is ugly and obese.

If I was to create a spectrum of personalities for women, I would put Nayah at one end representative of wonderful personality and queensmith at the other end for absolutely stinking personality.

With her being obese and having a stinking ghetto attitude, she will probably only be able to pull skanky scrubs from projects/council estates that will dip anything in a skirt because no decent man would ever approach her.

Single motherhood and eternal bitterness awaits her in the future.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by queensmith: 1:24pm On May 23, 2012
o wow your obsessed with me saga, i bet you dream of me at night.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Sagamite(m): 1:27pm On May 23, 2012
queensmith: o wow your obsessed with me saga, i bet you dream of me at night.

"Nightmare on obese street"?

Nah! grin
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by queensmith: 1:29pm On May 23, 2012
Sagamite:

"Nightmare on obese street"?

Nah! grin

ehya, do you go to sleep thinking of queensmiths posts? wink Think of me on those dates with mr right hand?
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Sagamite(m): 1:32pm On May 23, 2012
queensmith:

ehya, do you go to sleep thinking of queensmiths posts? wink Think of me on those dates with mr right hand?

[Retches violently]

Vile woman!
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by queensmith: 1:33pm On May 23, 2012
Sagamite:

[Retches violently]

Vile woman!

I know the homo in you will not allow it, you seem to be battling with yourself, the desires you have for c0ck vs queensmith.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Sagamite(m): 1:33pm On May 23, 2012
queensmith:

I know the homosexual in you will not allow it, you seem to be battling with yourself, the desires you have for cock vs queensmith.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkEm1IWpDO0&feature=my_favorites&list=FLRUGdBFtrNhxxTkghQ0Qegg
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by ronkebp(f): 2:23pm On May 23, 2012
Freesia: Self- esteem still remains number one in my books.

I knew someone who worked in a very popular hotel in France that charges a few thousand Euros a night for a room.(Peak Season)
She said as a female staff( from management to cleaner) there was a policy in that hotel that if guests who were a couple approached you or you approached them You(female staff) must first address the female guest then speak to her husband or male companion.
Many female guests complained an awful lot about the female staff not acknowledging them enough but hardly uttered words of complains about the male staff!!
What does that tell you? Some of those Uber rich women had insecurity issues and because the Hotel has a reputation to keep things were changed in their favour

Talk about body language, am not sure majority of the women are crazy, if 1,2 or 3 persons have the same testimony about someone 90% of the time it is true. they might acknowledge the women first, but how do they acknowledge the men afterwards? Some women are naturally flirts and can't hide their nasty behaviours when they see men, that is when their whole body starts to itch, it is not as if they have not had numerous encounters with other women, why the complain about those particular staff??

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by ronkebp(f): 2:41pm On May 23, 2012
taryour:

OMG ronkus don kill me with laff today oo. Is dis supposed to b HAUSA or SPANISH.

Taaa!!! taryour, as i pronounce am, na so i spell am, grin grin
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by taryour(f): 2:45pm On May 23, 2012
ronkebp:

Taaa!!! taryour, as i pronounce am, na so i spell am, grin grin

gaskia i hear u oo. Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Kaduna Pensioner Burns Down His House To Prevent Estranged Wife From Returning / Are Nigerian Women Truely The Most Unfaithful? Vanguard Article / Reactions As Bride Crawled To Present Cake To In-laws On Wedding Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.