Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,803 members, 7,820,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Comparing DSTV And HiTV - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Comparing DSTV And HiTV (37538 Views)

Poll: I will rather subscribe to:

DSTV: 71% (118 votes)
HiTV: 28% (46 votes)
This poll has ended

Did CTL/Trend TV Just Win The Lawsuit Against NCC And HiTV? / 42 Fee Channels:-say Bye Bye To Monthly Subscription On Dstv,ctl,cmtv And Hitv. / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by ayusman16(m): 2:13pm On Dec 01, 2007
There are about 3 news channels, 1 documentary and e.tv.

The subscribed ones are:

Baby TV
An interesting and mind stimulating channel for toddlers and kids under three years of age. This commercial-free channel features inspiring programs geared towards learning, activity, fun and parent-child interaction.

Grid | Website

BBC World
Stay informed with the leading international news and information television channel. Get the latest news, business, sports, award winning current affairs series and documentaries!

Grid | Website

Fox
Turn your TV nights into action packed gatherings, with an extensive coverage of internationally acclaimed sports events. With comprehensive reviews of all major football leagues, as well as English Premier League Clubs Television

Grid | Website

Fashion TV
Only the latest fashion, top trend setting designers and models! London, Paris, Tokyo, New York catwalks on your screen, 24/7!

Grid | Website

MGM
Hand picked entertainment from the studios that built Hollywood, with around-the-clock movies.

Grid | Website

Trace
URBAN TELEVISION - Unquestionably the coolest urban “black music” channel in the world! Edge Rock, Hip Hop, R&B, Rap, Afro… TRACE has it all!

Grid | Website

AIT
Nigeria’s leading general entertainment and news channel, providing a refreshing and revealing insight into Africa.

Grid | Website

MCM TOP
Showcasing the hottest music videos of top current artists and the latest hits of all the big pop stars in the music world, with special reruns of the greatest hits from the last decade. ENJOY!

Grid | Website

Teletoon
A fun packed, enchanting kids channel with exciting cartoons and educational kids programs.

Grid | Website

Setanta Sports
Setanta Sports is a 24/7 television channel bringing you unrivalled access to football from Europe

Grid | Website

Nat Geo Adventure
Bold, high impact and exciting, Nat Geo Adventure unleashes the spirited adventurer in all of us. Nat Geo Adventure chronicles the unfiltered experiences of young travellers whose journeys take them to the edge. Exhilarating stories and thrilling imagery fuels an audience eager to stretch their own limits and understand the real world beyond their borders

Grid | Website

Subscribing to My TV allows viewers access to a wide array of free-to-air channels on their My TV reception equipment at no extra cost. These channels are NOT managed or controlled by My TV and they may change from time to time. Currently the free to air channels include:

C TV
Spirit World
Adonai
Emmanuel TV
Manna TV
3 ABN
Divine World
Love World
Day Star
Hope
SABC News International
Tourism and Trade Channel
CNBC Africa
Press TV
Impact TV
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Enigma(m): 5:05pm On Dec 01, 2007
Yep, the MyTV package and the other channels (the latter totally free) are on Intelsat 7/10 at 68.5e. See page below from where it says 11664 H.

http://www.lyngsat.com/intel68.html
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by bjluv: 2:00am On Dec 02, 2007
if you have ya own yard and the money---buy the equipments and a big---i mean very big dish for ya self plus receivers & other small things and you can get loads of free channels from abroad without paying no DSTV or HiTV or even self YourTV or wetin una dey call am

I can come and install one for u if you have the money to pay to buy equipments and flight from here tongue and everlasting  satellite channels for you. For God's sake, naija!  shocked
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by kosovo(m): 6:44am On Dec 02, 2007
bjluv:

if you have ya own yard and the money---buy the equipments and a big---i mean very big dish for ya self plus receivers & other small things and you can get loads of free channels from abroad without paying no DSTV or HiTV or even self YourTV or wetin una dey call am

I can come and install one for u if you have the money to pay to buy equipments and flight from here  tongue and everlasting  satellite channels for you. For God's sake, naija!  shocked

FREE TO AIR CAN NEVER BE COMPAIRED TO SAT. TV YOU SUBSCRIBE TO.
ALMOST ALL THE STATIONS ARE ARABIC. SO WATS THE NEED?

HITV FANS BY THE TIME THE COMPANY LOOSES THE BID TO BROADCAST  LIVE PREIMERSHIP, YOU WILL COME BACK AND ASK THE OUESTION, WHY, ?
  IT Happened to one nigerian sat TV earlier.company name witheld.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 02, 2007
kosovo:

HITV FANS BY THE TIME THE COMPANY LOOSES THE BID TO BROADCAST LIVE PREIMERSHIP, YOU WILL COME BACK AND ASK THE OUESTION, WHY, ?
IT Happened to one nigerian sat TV earlier.company name witheld.

Though am not presently a great fan of hitv, i can promise you that Hitv will not pack up so soon even after premiership, there will still be life for HITV.

Our present constructive criticisms will ensure they will always be on their toes unlike the other you talked about.

God willing, Hitv will last!.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by kosovo(m): 9:26pm On Dec 02, 2007
ilugunboy:

Though am not presently a great fan of hitv, i can promise you that Hitv will not pack up so soon even after premiership, there will still be life for HITV.

Our present constructive criticisms will ensure they will always be on their toes unlike the other you talked about.

God willing, Hitv will last!.

AMEN.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by bjluv: 11:46pm On Dec 02, 2007
@Kosovo, what is FTA  and what is Sat TV?  shocked

Almost not all are Arabic,  I presently do not reside in Naija but from my end here, I can boastfully say I get well enough english speaking channels, enough music channels, movie channels, sport channels [them premiership, UEFA and co], adult channels, if you would ask plus African channels and AIT that the few Arabic channels can continue selling them Indecency to Arafat  cheesy grin

eni to mo we lo mo way o jare cheesy
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Enigma(m): 10:43am On Dec 03, 2007
If you have any contributions to make to discussions on FTA/Satellite TV, join the thread below:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-7715.0.html
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Vickivicki(m): 12:30pm On Dec 03, 2007
@bjluv

Enigma:

If you have any contributions to make to discussions on FTA/Satellite TV, join the thread below:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-7715.0.html

We are waiting to learn from you there.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Seun(m): 8:45am On Dec 05, 2007
The programming on DSTV is disappointing these days. I'd rather import Hollywood movies on a weekly basis!
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by kosovo(m): 11:08am On Dec 05, 2007
Seun:

The programming on DSTV is disappointing these days. I'd rather import Hollywood movies on a weekly basis!
serious?
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by niyi09(m): 1:01pm On Dec 06, 2007
HiTV has added another feather to its cap with the addition of Trace TV to its bouquet of premium channels.

The addition of the channel came on the heels of the acquisition of the broadcast rights to the exquisite channel. Trace TV channel now boosts the number of music channels available to the teeming number of its subscribers; both on the terrestrial and satellite platforms.

Trace TV; a channel, which made its debut on the musical scene in 2003, is predominantly a channel that celebrates urban culture, with a bias for the youth within the age bracket of 11-35. What makes Trace unique is its packaging; a perfect blend of urban culture incorporating fashion, sports, cinema and dance delivered through the medium of music.

However, Trace is a music channel making a difference by encouraging

Unity in diversity, interactivity, respect, proximity, mobility, generosity and success. Its promotion of unity in diversity can be seen through the constant celebration of the music of the diverse regions of the world: Latin America, Africa, Caribbean, Europe and many others.

Trace TV’s style also makes it outstanding. Music buffs are not just entertainment in the conventional, rigid-like manner of airing only music videos. The channel spices up its presentation with hits, concerts, shows, reports, features, interviews, documentaries, magazines.

In addition to Trace, HiTV has more than twenty channels in its kitty; enough to make its rivals green with envy. These channels cut across news, entertainment, movies, sports, music, lifestyle, kids, Christian programming and lots more.
i saw this on their website www.hitv.com.ng.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Seun(m): 1:04pm On Dec 06, 2007
Well done, guys.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 06, 2007
Is it also available on the satallite platform?
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by ayusman16(m): 1:45pm On Dec 06, 2007
Any solution in the pipeline about the Ikeja probs
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by ayusman16(m): 2:23pm On Dec 10, 2007
Is the guy (Seun) deleting my posts?
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by badaru1(m): 2:25pm On Dec 10, 2007
how many channels does hitv have for now. can i get only the smartcard.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by ayusman16(m): 2:36pm On Dec 10, 2007
I can sell my smartcard to u.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by badaru1(m): 3:33pm On Dec 10, 2007
how much and 4 how many month
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by ayusman16(m): 3:42pm On Dec 10, 2007
No subscription on it (HITV don wipe am away). Could sell plus the terrestial cable if really interested!
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Nobody: 3:47pm On Dec 10, 2007
@ayus

we can only discuss hitv here, all other post deleted by seun angry.Please call me.

He actually banned me for some couple of hours! for posting "off topics". So the fear of seun is the beginning of wisdom on nairaland lipsrsealed
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by niyi09(m): 10:41am On Dec 11, 2007
i dont even think hitv is proudly nigerian they just used this plpy to scam nigeria.on their satellite package we cant even see nigerian channels or even watch nigerian news , all we see is hi-nonsense.why do their representative or insiders here run away form adressing the real issues,i am talking about URFRIEND AND RAHYM
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Raahym(m): 12:21pm On Dec 11, 2007
@ ayusman and co,

Raahym is still very much available and can only reply to post such not abusive ones cos i believe by now you guys should be well enlightened as to knowing how to handle and react inn forums cos this is seen by not just the naijas as the name implies but by some other country members as well.

Ikeja problems is still very much undergoing some form what i call REJUVINATION as this is being handled as we speak, HITV never intends and would not scam Nigerians cos like we say we are proudly Nigerian and for the local stations not been on our platform which some other people took to be a sin then it means you really do not understand what it takes to run a pay tv company, cos you have local channels free, why would you pay HITV to watch Channels Television? if not insane but thats not to say that the local channels would not be added but like you know all of these things take processes and processes.

We will improve on our signal quality and focus on getting more content for the already created channels before looking at the options of creating more without proper and licensed contents.

What people call our (HI-Nonsense) will end up becoming there household names and they will forget about movie magic and all of the rest.

Please guys make ur opinions known to us not by abuses nor insult or adversary but in a very simple and plain language then we will respond to them and take to your advises/complaints.

We are a company with a vision to excel and in excelling we are not going to harm any Nigerian be it young or old.

Regards

Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by topeteadr(m): 1:02pm On Dec 11, 2007
Well i prefer hitv
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by ayusman16(m): 1:32pm On Dec 11, 2007
Raahym:

@ ayusman and co,

Raahym is still very much available and can only reply to post such not abusive ones because i believe by now you guys should be well enlightened as to knowing how to handle and react inn forums because this is seen by not just the naijas as the name implies but by some other country members as well.

Ikeja problems is still very much undergoing some form what i call REJUVINATION as this is being handled as we speak, HITV never intends and would not scam Nigerians because like we say we are proudly Nigerian and for the local stations not been on our platform which some other people took to be a sin then it means you really do not understand what it takes to run a pay tv company, because you have local channels free, why would you pay HITV to watch Channels Television? if not insane but thats not to say that the local channels would not be added but like you know all of these things take processes and processes.

We will improve on our signal quality and focus on getting more content for the already created channels before looking at the options of creating more without proper and licensed contents.

What people call our (HI-Nonsense) will end up becoming there household names and they will forget about movie magic and all of the rest.

Please guys make your opinions known to us not by abuses nor insult or adversary but in a very simple and plain language then we will respond to them and take to your advises/complaints.

We are a company with a vision to excel and in excelling we are not going to harm any Nigerian be it young or old.

Regards

Thanks Raahym for ur response and feedback on the Ikeja problem. Just hope it's resolved before the start of the next premiership season. For now, am chilling with mytv until it's resolved. CIAO
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by niyi09(m): 2:41pm On Dec 12, 2007
RAHYM, PLS I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHY THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE NUMBER OF CHANNELS ON THE SATELLITE PACKAGE AND THAT OF THE CABLE PLATFORM CONSIDERING THE FACT THAT WE PAY THE SAME AMOUNT OF SUBSCRIPTION ,WHY IS IT DIFFICULT TO UPLOAD MORE FOREIGN CHANNELS LIKE MBC NETWORK ON THE SATELLITE PACKAGE.WHY DONT WE HAVE MTV BASE ON THE SATELLITE PACKAGE.THANKS PLEASE WHEN WILL TRACE TV BE ON SATELLITE PACKAGE
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 12, 2007
@niyi09

I sincerely hope we get answers to all your questions.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Grizzly(m): 3:27pm On Dec 12, 2007
Hello, Maybe i'm a little bit on the back foot on this thread,
But can someone pls post the transponder and symbol rates of HITV here,
Thanks, cool
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Raahym(m): 3:51pm On Dec 12, 2007
@ayusman, ilugunboy, niyi09 et all

I am particularly happy that you guys are seeing things the right way but thats not to say that we will not welcome all other criticism and complaints as this will make us strenghten our ways.

I will like to make known that Ikeja problem will be solved soonest and its been worked on as we speak, also Trace tv is still undergoing some kind of package delivery quality (in content terms) before we finally upload on both terrestial and sattelite.

SATELITTE: The reason behind this is simple, cos we have no control over the satellite and you have to secure approval to get more space on the satelitte before you can upload channels as this is not and until we get approval for more space then we cannot upload more channels.

TERRESTIAL: this is purely a form of technology that is reffered to as "line on site" as the GSM operators and this is purely controlled by us except for the satellite channels that is been uploaded on it like bbc, skynews, et all but all other channels are inbuilt and controlled by us and for you guys information we are capable of showing 500 channels on our terrestial platform but bad bad news can only work in Lagos cos thats where we have our repeaters for now.

please all further questions will be treated as appropriate and at the right time.

Thank you.

Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Raahym(m): 3:54pm On Dec 12, 2007
@niyi09

The subs. is the same cos we dont want to cheat anybody and as it is we are soon goin to get all of those channels on satelitte.

Soon. Soon, Soon,

Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 12, 2007
@raahym.

Honestly, your words soothe nerves. Thank a million!
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by ayusman16(m): 8:00pm On Dec 12, 2007
@Raahym

Me singing a new song is all thanks to u. U;ve been help n truly concerned unlike sm of ur insiders. Keep up d good work of keepin us posted on d development of hitv n hope ur coy wnt let u down. ciao

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans / Pictures Of Zack Orji, Segun Arinze, Ibinabo Fiberesima On Set Of 'Mary Slessor' / BBNaija Tega: I Have Spoken To My Husband & We Are Good

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.