Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,329 members, 7,811,967 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1729096 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:17pm On Nov 04, 2014
manikky:
OK..thanks Typop and elume2020 for ur response.

Pls do home affairs give study permit to students from university of south Africa...unisa.?
Hi.

No, actually Unisa has stated that it does NOT give study permits. You'll have to be registered to another school in S.A.

What my friend did was this; she applied for a course @ Boston City Campus and Business College, which was for three years, got accepted and the school gave her a letter to present to home affairs for a study permit then went on about her studies with Unisa.

I guess that's the only way to stay in S.A and study @ unisa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 5:06pm On Nov 04, 2014
Just to inform all prospective postgraduate students that repatriation fee is no longer a condition for study visa application. I was at the SA embassy in Lagos today to submit my application and one of d consulars confirmed it and only asked me to pay d visa fee i.e N8,600. However, you must hold your birth cert. with u cos that was d only reason why I was asked to come back on Thursday. All the best guys..

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Emasel(m): 6:45pm On Nov 04, 2014
yinksob002:
Just to inform all prospective postgraduate students that repatriation fee is no longer a condition for study visa application. I was at the SA embassy in Lagos today to submit my application and one of d consulars confirmed it and only asked me to pay d visa fee i.e N8,600. However, you must hold your birth cert. with u cos that was d only reason why I was asked to come back on Thursday. All the best guys..

grin This piece of information just made my day!

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 7:49pm On Nov 04, 2014
elume2020:

Its pretty tricky, One of the criteria to collect the deposit is that you present a booked return ticket to depart the Republic once just before the expiration of your visa. So its like the deposit becomes your return ticket which I presume many people have. Also its a means to avoid the ease of proof of repatriation on the critical skill permit, which ought to be given by the prospective employer. I hope to get back on this too ASAP. Should visit the Embassy in Lagos in December and I will update the house on my finding.

Since na you wey dey go bro, I rest my case. Surely, you will do a thorough job with this and get back to us. I'm rest assured.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Shine1177: 8:57pm On Nov 04, 2014
yinksob002:

Thank you for this information. Do you mean to type N18,600 @ the highlighted.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 10:16pm On Nov 04, 2014
Yeah, the fee I was told to pay by d consular is N8,600. For study visa, you apply directly to d embassy and as such there is no handling charge since VFS is not involved. The reason why d fee for visitors visa stands at N18,000 is because it is handled by VFS and there is a service charge already factored in the visa fee. I hope u get my point now. All d best
Shine1177:

Thank you for this information. Do you mean to type N18,600 @ the highlighted.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cutieme(m): 2:41am On Nov 05, 2014
@yinksob002please how do one apply for a postgraduate course over there please can you link me to a school and direct me on how to go about it?thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 05, 2014
HumbledbYGrace:
@MoJayo

Could you please help me here;

•Which passport did your child use when you went back home?

emergency ticket(dats TC)I think u re familiar with dat,and he also use his south african birth certificate
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:21am On Nov 05, 2014
Hi peeps,is it true dat SA embassy in lagos dnt issue out SA passport again,I went there yesterday,and d lady in d counter told me dat,and again,the lady was questioning me dat I overstayed for 60,000naira(3000rand)dat she dnt knw about my visa,and I'm planning to go back,she said what my child can apply for is visitors visa and me also,she photocopied my passport page yesterday,told me to go to Diamond bank and pay 60,000naira for overstay frm SA embassy,I wanna ask,if after paying d overstay,hope there won't be a problem issuing out d visa becos of the overstay stuff
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 7:29am On Nov 05, 2014
You can search for SA schools on google and visit their home page for further info. You can try good schools like University of capetown, university of the witwatersrand, university of pretoria, university of johannesburg and so on, as most SA schools have high academic standard.

Just google ''list of universities in south africa'' and from there you can choose your preferred institution and visit their website for more info.

All the best
cutieme:
@yinksob002please how do one apply for a postgraduate course over there please can you link me to a school and direct me on how to go about it?thanks.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by skimmeh1: 10:08am On Nov 05, 2014
HI EMASEL, TO WHICH INSTITUTION AND IS IT POSTGRADUATE COURSE? PLEASE DO SHARE AND THE ADMISSION PROCESS IF ITS POSTGRADUATE...SOMEONE CLOSE TO ME NEEDS SUCH HELP FOR NEXT AVAILABLE CLASS START DATE. THANKS
Emasel:

grin This piece of information just made my day!

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kingmayor(m): 11:54am On Nov 05, 2014
MojAyo:
Hi peeps,is it true dat SA embassy in lagos dnt issue out SA passport again,I went there yesterday,and d lady in d counter told me dat,and again,the lady was questioning me dat I overstayed for 60,000naira(3000rand)dat she dnt knw about my visa,and I'm planning to go back,she said what my child can apply for is visitors visa and me also,she photocopied my passport page yesterday,told me to go to Diamond bank and pay 60,000naira for overstay frm SA embassy,I wanna ask,if after paying d overstay,hope there won't be a problem issuing out d visa becos of the overstay stuff

Hi MojAyo, the 60,000 naira is a fine for overstaying your visa. After paying the money you are now qualified to apply for another visa. It is not a guarantee that you will be issued the visa, they still have to do their own verification and check your documents if all are in proper shape before they make their decision
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kingmayor(m): 11:56am On Nov 05, 2014
skimmeh1:

HI EMASEL, TO WHICH INSTITUTION AND IS IT POSTGRADUATE COURSE? PLEASE DO SHARE AND THE ADMISSION PROCESS IF ITS POSTGRADUATE...SOMEONE CLOSE TO ME NEEDS SUCH HELP FOR NEXT AVAILABLE CLASS START DATE. THANKS

The repatriation refund is for all categories of temporary visas and visitors visa if you paid the fee.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kingmayor(m): 12:02pm On Nov 05, 2014
kingmayor:

THE REPATRIATION REFUND is for all categories of temporary visas and visitors visa if you paid the fee.

The following is required to apply for your refund
Any person who claims a refund must submit the following documents:
(a) Application for refund of repatriation deposit form (available at South African
Foreign Missions or Department of Home Affairs Local Offices);
(b) Original Passport (for verification purposes);
(c) Original receipt of the deposit;
(d) Proof of banking details / warrant vouchers (cheques);
(e) Proof of final departure from the Republic of South Africa on or before the expiry of
the temporary residence permit; and
(f) in the case where an application for refund is made in the Republic, proof of
change of status prior to 26 May 2014 or proof of permanent residence permit.
(NOTE: Anyone who had overstayed his or her permit shall not qualify for a refund,
as he or she would have violated the terms and conditions of his or her temporary
residence permit).
Failure to claim a refund by 28 February 2015 will result in the deposit forfeited to the
State as unclaimed.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 1:16pm On Nov 05, 2014
kingmayor:

The repatriation refund is for all categories of temporary visas and visitors visa if you paid the fee.
Long time kingmayor! Is it necessary I go to Abuja Embassy to collect my repatriation refund or I can collect the cheque at Lagos Embassy? I'm planning to travel to Nigeria by month end and would like to collect the refund before coming back to SA.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 1:18pm On Nov 05, 2014
kingmayor:

The following is required to apply for your refund
Any person who claims a refund must submit the following documents:
(a) Application for refund of repatriation deposit form (available at South African
Foreign Missions or Department of Home Affairs Local Offices);
(b) Original Passport (for verification purposes);
(c) Original receipt of the deposit;
(d) Proof of banking details / warrant vouchers (cheques);
(e) Proof of final departure from the Republic of South Africa on or before the expiry of
the temporary residence permit;
and
(f) in the case where an application for refund is made in the Republic, proof of
change of status prior to 26 May 2014 or proof of permanent residence permit.
(NOTE: Anyone who had overstayed his or her permit shall not qualify for a refund,
as he or she would have violated the terms and conditions of his or her temporary
residence permit).
Failure to claim a refund by 28 February 2015 will result in the deposit forfeited to the
State as unclaimed.
Can you explain the bolded part?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kingmayor(m): 1:27pm On Nov 05, 2014
chemashie:

Can you explain the bolded part?

Thanks Chesmashie, hope you are good too!
They want a proof that you already left South Africa and not going back. Thats the frustrating part. The new immigration law has in effect cancel all repatriation deposit for all temporary forms of visa, that means, all formal repatriation deposit should be returned to owners. But I dont know why they are asking for proof of final departure from South Africa before they can pay back.
They also said that for people that have changed their status before 26th may, 2014 while in the republic can claim their deposit back at the nearest home affairs, but when I went to their Pretoria office today, nobody seems to know whats going on. I think you can claim back at the abuja office but how will you give them a proof of your final departure from SA.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 05, 2014
kingmayor:

Hi MojAyo, the 60,000 naira is a fine for overstaying your visa. After paying the money you are now qualified to apply for another visa. It is not a guarantee that you will be issued the visa, they still have to do their own verification and check your documents if all are in proper shape before they make their decision
what did u mean by nt a guarantee,u mean if all d documents re nt complete,what about if they re genuine and complete nko,and I want to ask,what about if I ve an agent dat can do push out for the visa,hope they can still push it out with d overstaying issue nt coming up
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 6:47am On Nov 06, 2014
kingmayor:

Thanks Chesmashie, hope you are good too!
They want a proof that you already left South Africa and not going back. Thats the frustrating part. The new immigration law has in effect cancel all repatriation deposit for all temporary forms of visa, that means, all formal repatriation deposit should be returned to owners. But I dont know why they are asking for proof of final departure from South Africa before they can pay back.
They also said that for people that have changed their status before 26th may, 2014 while in the republic can claim their deposit back at the nearest home affairs, but when I went to their Pretoria office today, nobody seems to know whats going on. I think you can claim back at the abuja office but how will you give them a proof of your final departure from SA.

The final departure thingy is the problem. Who knows if they will cancel the visa before one gets the repatriation money. In short, they are officially telling us our monies has become "owo omo go" aka "one chance".

Until someone goes though and confirms how it goes, we may not know. More light guys.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 6:50am On Nov 06, 2014
MojAyo:
what did u mean by nt a guarantee,u mean if all d documents re nt complete,what about if they re genuine and complete nko,and I want to ask,what about if I ve an agent dat can do push out for the visa,hope they can still push it out with d overstaying issue nt coming up

Firstly, we advise people to do their stuff themselves here.

Secondly, even with all the right documents, the consular still decides whether he wants people to come into their country or not and may or may not deny people based on the flimsiest of excuses. By paying, you would have fulfilled all the requirements and hope the consular grants you your visas. By paying, he has no reason to deny you based on your previous "overstay".

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kingmayor(m): 8:36am On Nov 06, 2014
TYPOP:

Secondly, even with all the right documents, the consular still decides whether he wants people to come into their country or not and may or may not deny people based on the flimsiest of excuses. By paying, you would have fulfilled all the requirements and hope the consular grants you your visas. By paying, he has no reason to deny you based on your previous "overstay".

Cheers.

Yes, well answered!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinchar(m): 9:12am On Nov 06, 2014
Hello house, am glad to inform everybody that I was finally issued my study permit yesterday after 4 solid months and two applications. I'll like to thank everyone that have made this thread informative, you guys are doing a wonderful job...One love my next destination is Bloemfontein.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Emasel(m): 10:33am On Nov 06, 2014
yinchar:
Hello house, am glad to inform everybody that I was finally issued my study permit yesterday after 4 solid months and two applications. I'll like to thank everyone that have made this thread informative, you guys are doing a wonderful job...One love my next destination is Bloemfontein.

Congrats!

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cutieme(m): 12:01pm On Nov 06, 2014
@yinchar,what program are you gonna run there?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinchar(m): 1:12pm On Nov 06, 2014
cutieme:
@yinchar,what program are you gonna run there?
It's for my PhD...

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by janet5444: 3:16pm On Nov 06, 2014
Good day house...as anyone who applied for SA visa via the vfs center in abuja in september heard from them?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 06, 2014
TYPOP:

Cheers.
tanx dear
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ojimbo(m): 6:03pm On Nov 07, 2014
please friends. I submited my
documents for a south africa visa
for a month and a week now. I
havent gotten any respond from
them. What would be delaying my
documents!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ojimbo(m): 7:03pm On Nov 07, 2014
ayinkala:
I don't knw what is really goin on with my application at d embassy for d past 3 months. I applied for a tourist Visa which I submitted my Visa application 1st week Φƒ march and I am yet to receive a notice from VFS if my passport is ready for collection or not. What I used to do is tracking it online to knw d outcome. What I get each time I track it is " Still under accessment at d South africa High commission"

Can somebody tell me what might have been going on with my application? Besides, I filled my application that I would be travelling in April which has passed already.

Please Advise me!
mine is getting to two months, and am already crying
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ojimbo(m): 7:05pm On Nov 07, 2014
janet5444:
Good day house...as anyone who applied for SA visa via the vfs center in abuja in september heard from them?
i never hear 4rm them
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by fasky(m): 11:01pm On Nov 07, 2014
That's a long time. Got ma tourist visa in 5 days in lagos.

ojimbo:
i never hear 4rm them
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ojimbo(m): 4:51am On Nov 08, 2014
fasky:
That's a long time. Got ma tourist visa in 5 days in lagos.

i wonder why such delay from them

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.