Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,667 members, 7,809,518 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1727400 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by manikky: 2:16pm On Nov 16, 2014
Manager007:

From your question about "after applying what is the best thing to do"? Well, you have gotta to know that visa processing takes between 4 - 12 weeks. This is usually the time frame for renewals for Study visas within the RSA.

The new SA Immigration Act is expressly clear on this, D[b]O NOT DEPART SA UNLESS YOUR VISA HAS BEEN ISSUED,ELSE YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RE-ENTER SA[/b]. The Law has stated everybody must await the status of their applications before making travel plans. Gone are those days when your Visa Application receipt allows you departure and re-entry.

If you submit next week, bear in mind your visa MAY NOT come out by Dec. So alternative plan would be for you to submit in Nigeria if you want.

OK thanks manager007.
so from this quote "b]O NOT DEPART SA UNLESS YOUR VISA HAS BEEN ISSUED,ELSE YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RE-ENTER SA"... it means after after application na to wait be that na till permit is out.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemenger: 3:10pm On Nov 16, 2014
TYPOP:

You can go to your school and confirm if they received SAQA's e-mail and surface mail and if they responded to that. Some schools WILL not do anything about the mails till you come and pay the necessary admin charges. That is true for AAUA at least. You may not need to apply for a new transcript. Just call SAQA, ask for when the e-mail was sent (date and time), what the subject was, what e-mail address it was sent to, the sender's e-mail address. This will help you to advise your school's registry in searching for their e-mail. Once they have responded, call SAQA back to inform them of the date the reply was sent, the sender's e-mail address and the time it was sent. The moment they get this, they will reopen your application.

Cheers.

And if Surdik said applying for a new transcript worked for him, that's great. You may want to explore that option as well. I cannot say it won't work since I never tried that option.
I'm so grateful for all the contributions. I feel I should go for the option of applying for another transcript and have it addressed to SAQA. I still have to certify it b4 sending to saqa. What's the saqa address I can put on the transcript.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 4:30pm On Nov 16, 2014
chemenger:
Good day everybody,
Its going to two months I have applied for Saqa now. my result was to be released on 27th of October before I received a suspension email from saqa. The reason being that further information is being sought for the confirmation of my certificate. On seeing the email I went to my school to find out what's happening but I was told they've not any email from saqa and was given the email address to give to saqa which I did since but no response till now.
House please kindly assist with any info that maybe of help. Someone in SA even went there and was told the same thing as I have in my email. Please what can I do again, what's the correct saqa email I send such complain to. Just help as I don't know what to do anymore.
Thank u.
Sir applying for another transcript is waste of time and money.let your contact person in SA visit saqa and ask for the date and where saqa sent email to (registrar office or deputy registrar or record office) and request saqa to resend the email in his presence .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by queen47: 9:34pm On Nov 16, 2014
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tosol: 5:38am On Nov 17, 2014
[quote author=manikky post=2806171

Hi, I just like to ask if VFS considers 'Provisional Offer of Admission' (which doesn't state how long the program would be) as the only academic document from the school of study for the purpose of renewing the existing study permit that expires in December. Thanks

[/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by coldsummer: 9:17am On Nov 17, 2014
Hey I'm trying to apply for a visit visa to SA and a friend told me that SA embassy in Lagos is currently issuing only 1 month visa because of Ebola. Can anyone confirm this please?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 11:34am On Nov 17, 2014
coldsummer:
Hey I'm trying to apply for a visit visa to SA and a friend told me that SA embassy in Lagos is currently issuing only 1 month visa because of Ebola. Can anyone confirm this please?
.Visit the. Visa office @Ikeja to confirm .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tosol: 12:19pm On Nov 17, 2014
samtol4:
Sir applying for another transcript is waste of time and money.let your contact person in SA visit saqa and ask for the date and where saqa sent email to (registrar office or deputy registrar or record office) and request saqa to resend the email in his presence .

Hahhahahahahah, @Deacon Samtol, longest time!!!!No see, no hear.....I don vex ooooooo!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by manikky: 12:22pm On Nov 17, 2014
[quote author=tosol post=28082286][/quote]
Vfs is just a submission centre....but I think u need a letter that actually state the period of ur study... home affairs needs it to issue a permit.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by qalifa: 2:23am On Nov 18, 2014
Please im new here and I've been reading through please I'd like to know when I'd be asked to pay for repatriation fee for study permit. Will the embassy call me or its when I go there they'd tell me. Ps I submitted at lag high commission
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by manikky: 7:23am On Nov 18, 2014
hello guys. kudos for all the help and support on this thread.
one of our brothers needs urgent advice here ooo.

he was on postgraduate studies honours degree at one of the universities here and on completion he applied for masters. by October ending he contacted the sch for letter to for continuing so as to renew his permit that would expire DEC 31st. the international office gave him a letter for renewal for his master's degree and he applied for renewal.
the prob now is that 2 week ago the department he applied to now called that they would not be able to take him cos they have a lot of south Africans that applied for the same course and they have to take them first.
however, he applied to two other schls before for masters and now the 2 other universities have given him admission but he has already used the letter from the first univ and applied for renewal before the latest development from the department.

please what is the best thing to do now?
urgently need ur advice here guys....TYPOP, Samtol4, manager007, chemachie, and others......
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 7:39am On Nov 18, 2014
Kindly note that repatriation fee is no longer applicable for visa application to SA.

Best of luck
qalifa:
Please im new here and I've been reading through please I'd like to know when I'd be asked to pay for repatriation fee for study permit. Will the embassy call me or its when I go there they'd tell me. Ps I submitted at lag high commission
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 7:42am On Nov 18, 2014
I will advise him to get in touch with the embassy or home affairs office depending on where he submitted his application for renewal, and notify them of the change in status as soon as possible.
manikky:

he was on postgraduate studies at one of the universities here and on completion he applied for masters. by October ending he contacted the sch for letter to for continuing so as to renew his permit that would expire DEC 31st. the international office gave him a letter for renewal for his master's degree and he applied for renewal.
the prob now is that 2 week ago the department he applied to now called that they would not be able to take him cos they have a lot of south Africans that applied for the same course and they have to take them first.
however, he applied to two other schls before for masters and now the 2 other universities have given him admission but he has already used the letter from the first univ and applied for renewal before the latest development from the department.

urgently need ur advice here guys....TYPOP, Samtol4, manager007, chemachie, and others......
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kimsunh: 9:50am On Nov 18, 2014
Hello good people. I'm new in the sa forum. I'm planning to visit sa with my kid bro early next year. I'm into business of timber and the company is not registered. It's just buy and sell things so I can't provide cac and registration for the business but I do have more than 4m in my account. How best can I process this application to get the desired result. I will greatly appreciate if you can put me through with all the necessary documents to submit. I hope to hear from you all soon. Thanks and one love
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by manikky: 10:47am On Nov 18, 2014
manikky:

he was on postgraduate studies honours degree at one of the universities here and on completion he applied for masters. by October ending he contacted the sch for letter to for continuing so as to renew his permit that would expire DEC 31st. the international office gave him a letter for renewal for his master's degree and he applied for renewal.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jamjam2014: 12:32pm On Nov 18, 2014
good afternoon to you. my name is Akintunde, a newly registered member on this forum. i was adviced by a friend to join to enable me ask my questions directly and that i would definately get the help i urgently needed. i have intentions of travelling to south africa to study at masters level. I have my degree in Agricultural Economics here with a Third Class degree. please can I get an offer even with my class of grade in Agricultural related postgraduate and any university that can easily get me admitted I will deeply appreciate your suggestions. and the steps I neeed to take to get the admission letter. thank you all very much so I can be able to get enrolled with the next available course start date

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 1:43pm On Nov 18, 2014
hi peeps, may i ask where is appropriate to do the medical certificate&radiology report for south africa visa? And how much please
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 5:57pm On Nov 18, 2014
Go to any of the general hospitals closest to you (Gbagada or Ikeja if you live in Lagos) and you will get it done without stress. Note that the Embassy does not allow report from private hospitals.
opsy4real1:
hi peeps, may i ask where is appropriate to do the medical certificate&radiology report for south africa visa? And how much please
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by qalifa: 8:23pm On Nov 18, 2014
yinksob002:
Kindly note that repatriation fee is no longer applicable for visa application to SA.

Best of luck

Oh thanks man
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 10:18pm On Nov 18, 2014
thanks so much bro,how much is it done?and does he need to go with the BI-806 and BI-811 form?
yinksob002:
Go to any of the general hospitals closest to you (Gbagada or Ikeja if you live in Lagos) and you will get it done without stress. Note that the Embassy does not allow report from private hospitals.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 7:38am On Nov 19, 2014
I did mine at Gbagada general hospital last month with 3k and got it same day. All you need do is to go with your Int'l passport, the medical and radiological report form (i.e BI-806 and BI-811 form) and it will be duly stamped, signed and dated. The completed form will now be returned to the Embassy with other supporting documents for submission of your visa application.

You can hold like 5k just in case.

All the best
opsy4real1:
thanks so much bro,how much is it done?and does he need to go with the BI-806 and BI-811 form?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Canadidacy(m): 8:53am On Nov 19, 2014
Humbledbygrace, you are awesome. Ladies like you are very rare. Thanks all the way.

If you are coming to SA for visit and don't want to be sent back at Point of entry, please don't just book hotel, ensure you PAY for the exact days you intend staying. Alternatively you can get an invitation from anybody with an I.D.

This is from experience.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 9:37am On Nov 19, 2014
bless up bro! Long live nairaland.
Ps. Does he need medical insurance aside that?
yinksob002:
I did mine at Gbagada general hospital last month with 3k and got it same day. All you need do is to go with your Int'l passport, the medical and radiological report form (i.e BI-806 and BI-811 form) and it will be duly stamped, signed and dated. The completed form will now be returned to the Embassy with other supporting documents for submission of your visa application.

You can hold like 5k just in case.

All the best
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jhydebaba(m): 11:38am On Nov 19, 2014
hello house, I have a brother who intend traveling to South Africa. he needs more than 3 months visa that is he is intending staying there for a longer period.

I will appreciate if anyone can educate me on this or quote a relevant post related to this. I am just lazy to go through all the thread.

thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 11:57am On Nov 19, 2014
jhydebaba:
hello house, I have a brother who intend traveling to South Africa. he needs more than 3 months visa that is he is intending staying there for a longer period.

I will appreciate if anyone can educate me on this or quote a relevant post related to this. I am just lazy to go through all the thread.

thanks
conquer your laziness

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Emasel(m): 12:48pm On Nov 19, 2014
samtol4:
conquer your laziness

cheesy I like that sir

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abaeli: 1:17pm On Nov 19, 2014
surdik:
i will advice you to apply for a new transcript, make sure the transcript is addressed and sent to SAQA directly from your school.. That's what i did when my SAQA application was suspended ..

Also, saqa does not recognize scan documents they accept hard copy of certified copies of documents. that is what I did, and its written on saqa form
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 1:17pm On Nov 19, 2014
For what purpose is he travelling to SA?

This will determine the category of visa to apply for.

jhydebaba:

thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 1:23pm On Nov 19, 2014
Yes he needs a medical insurance with a recognised SA health care provider such as Momentum health. You can google ''Momentum health'' for further info on the procedures and health plan.

Medical Insurance is mandatory for Study visa applications and Momentum health is highly recognised and regarded.

All the best
opsy4real1:
bless up bro! Long live nairaland.
Ps. Does he need medical insurance aside that?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abaeli: 1:24pm On Nov 19, 2014
[Hi house, please is it possible to book for ticket from SA for flight from Naija to SA, am in Nigeria presently, instead of booking here in naija, please help me for this peak period]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinchar(m): 2:37pm On Nov 19, 2014
abaeli:
[Hi house, please is it possible to book for ticket from SA for flight from Naija to SA, am in Nigeria presently, instead of booking here in naija, please help me for this peak period]
There is little difference in the ticket prices even at this peak period, you can try out wakanow.com to compare the ticket prices of different airlines, that will surely help.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 3:53pm On Nov 19, 2014
thank you very much for ur promptness in response. I realy appreciate...how much does the insurance go for? Just an idea
yinksob002:
Yes he needs a medical insurance with a recognised SA health care provider such as Momentum health. You can google ''Momentum health'' for further info on the procedures and health plan.

Medical Insurance is mandatory for Study visa applications and Momentum health is highly recognised and regarded.

All the best

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.