Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,317 members, 7,811,944 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1729037 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by haafidh: 8:31pm On Nov 08, 2014
Pls any information about undergraduate visa?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tunet(m): 5:00pm On Nov 09, 2014
janet5444:
hello house...I was told same too but still hoping it comes out earlier dan dat though mine is not tourist visa...I submitted on d 25th sept too n haven't heard from dem too.pls is it applicable to lagos vfs centre too or only abuja for dos applying normally not those tru agents. tks
was it in abj u submitted yours or lag? me i still haven't heard any news from them too, still hoping
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tunet(m): 5:08pm On Nov 09, 2014
janet5444:
Good day house...as anyone who applied for SA visa via the vfs center in abuja in september heard from them?
haven't heard from them #sept 25 abj office
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tunet(m): 5:11pm On Nov 09, 2014
ojimbo:
please friends. I submited my
documents for a south africa visa
for a month and a week now. I
havent gotten any respond from
them. What would be delaying my
documents!
likewise me too sept 25,an inner source said they have lot of works thats why its been delay
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Emasel(m): 8:49am On Nov 10, 2014
Hello house,

Pls I would like to know if there is a particular period within which one can apply for study permit in SA,or if one can apply anytime because I am yet to receive my admission letter, and I am actually looking at resuming in July now,Can I apply for Study permit say Jan/Feb for July entry?

Thanks!

cc: TYPOP,Samtol4,Chemashie
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 9:48am On Nov 10, 2014
Sure, you can! I did mine in February and entered SA in March.
Emasel:
Hello house,

Pls I would like to know if there is a particular period within which one can apply for study permit in SA,or if one can apply anytime because I am yet to receive my admission letter, and I am actually looking at resuming in July now,Can I apply for Study permit say Jan/Feb for July entry?

Thanks!

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 1:38pm On Nov 10, 2014
Emasel:
Hello house,

Thanks!

chemashie:
Sure, you can! I did mine in February and entered SA in March.

Depends on what you are applying for. There is a window within which you can apply for anything other than PHd. For PHd, you can apply anytime. Chemashie is right. He is also doing his PHd.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by OneNaija(m): 2:54pm On Nov 10, 2014
Thank for the vital information, I am currently In South Africa enjoying my holiday. Wow SA is a very beautiful place. Always remember to pay your hotel reservation when coming. It's important. I speak in Zulu bye. Good luck guys

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by MduZA: 3:06pm On Nov 10, 2014
OneNaija:
Thank for the vital information, I am currently In South Africa enjoying my holiday. Wow SA is a very beautiful place. Always remember to pay your hotel reservation when coming. It's important. I speak in Zulu bye. Good luck guys

hey welcome home...enjoy your stay here
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by OneNaija(m): 3:24pm On Nov 10, 2014
MduZA:

hey welcome home...enjoy your stay here
. It's was raining today and the cold is too much for me lol. Lovely the place. Immigration re friendly to me. It's so easy to enter SA than Naija
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by OneNaija(m): 3:27pm On Nov 10, 2014
Is there someone In the house looking for room mate to pay rent together. Let me know. I rather live in a house wasting money in a hotel.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Emasel(m): 4:23pm On Nov 10, 2014
TYPOP:

Depends on what you are applying for. There is a window within which you can apply for anything other than PHd. For PHd, you can apply anytime. Chemashie is right. He is also doing his PHd.

Cheers.

I'm applying for MSc.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 4:50pm On Nov 11, 2014
Emasel:

I'm applying for MSc.

Though it is unusual, we have heard cases of people who applied outside of the application cycle. It will depend on your ability to convince both the security (to gain access to the embassy) and the consular to allow you apply and grant you visa. You will also need God on your side. Never doubt the power of prayer.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Emasel(m): 4:54pm On Nov 11, 2014
TYPOP:

Though it is unusual, we have heard cases of people who applied outside of the application cycle. It will depend on your ability to convince both the security (to gain access to the embassy) and the consular to allow you apply and grant you visa. You will also need God on your side. Never doubt the power of prayer.

Cheers.

okay....Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jaboza: 6:18pm On Nov 11, 2014
please gurus in the house.....i applied for a conference visa at the South African Embassy in Abuja..although i was given the visa but the conference date has passed before the visa came out ..please can i still use the visa to visit South Africa...the condition on the visa states that i use 2 weeks out of the 3 month issued to me ..and its a single entry ...please help and advice on this ...thanks ..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:25pm On Nov 11, 2014
jaboza:
please gurus in the house.....i applied for a conference visa at the South African Embassy in Abuja..although i was given the visa but the conference date has passed before the visa came out ..please can i still use the visa to visit South Africa...the condition on the visa states that i use 2 weeks out of the 3 month issued to me ..and its a single entry ...please help and advice on this ...thanks ..

Yes sir, you may come on vacation. The immigration officials will not know the documents you used to apply for visa. Simply tell them you are coming for pleasure. You should have your hotel booking in place though (or letter from a friend in SA).

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 10:21pm On Nov 11, 2014
In d course of submitting my application for study visa last week, d consular insisted that the start and end date of my postgraduate programme at wits univ. should be detailed on d offer letter. I got in touch with d schl and got a letter today stating 3yrs as course duration instead of 1year full time masters programme that I applied for. Can any one currently doing a masters programme in SA help out cos I need clarifications before going ahead to submit my application... @Typop, Chemashie and others...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jaboza: 10:32pm On Nov 11, 2014
yinksob002:
In d course of submitting my application for study visa last week, d consular insisted that the start and end date of my postgraduate programme at wits univ. should be detailed on d offer letter. I got in touch with d schl and got a letter today stating 3yrs as course duration instead of 1year full time masters programme that I applied for. Can any one currently doing a masters programme in SA help out cos I need clarifications before going ahead to submit my application... @Typop, Chemashie and others...

Master programme in most schools here is 3 years.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 12:03am On Nov 12, 2014
jaboza:

if masters programme is 3years how many years for PhD? Please don't mislead people if you don't know something don't say it .Without mincing words,you are 100percent wrong .Masters is a year to 2years depending on department and there is no school in SA offering 3years masters because PhD is 2_3years programme .

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 12:10am On Nov 12, 2014
yinksob002:
.Go and submit your application bros.if the school wrote 1year on your letter you will be given 1year study permit and they have written 3years so that embassy can give u @least 2years permit so that if you don't finish within stipulated time(1year)you will not have any reason to visit home affairs to renew permit .What is written on your admission letter does not determine duration of your programme.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ofon15: 2:07am On Nov 12, 2014
Hello house
pls what documents do I submit to the embassy for a study visa. I have my admmission letter from wits. thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 4:26am On Nov 12, 2014
Ofon15:
Hello house
pls what documents do I submit to the embassy for a study visa. I have my admmission letter from wits. thanks

Study permit application form along with ALL necessary documents mentioned on the form. Your answers are in the application form.

@yinksob002 is also going to Wits.

Best wishes...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:51am On Nov 12, 2014
Hello house, do I need to get my WAEC evaluated by SAQA before I can gain admission to any school in south Africa?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 6:58am On Nov 12, 2014
Thanks for the info bro. I will do just that.

samtol4:
.Go and submit your application bros.if the school wrote 1year on your letter you will be given 1year study permit and they have written 3years so that embassy can give u @least 2years permit so that if you don't finish within stipulated time(1year)you will not have any reason to visit home affairs to renew permit .What is written on your admission letter does not determine duration of your programme.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ofon15: 7:11am On Nov 12, 2014
@ Cypha8
thanks. but which form do you mean? is it the b1-1738?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 7:25am On Nov 12, 2014
jaboza:

3 years for MSc program? This is strange! The maximum you can spend for MSc in my school is just 2 years. You can even spend 2 years for PhD here in SA.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iyiolami: 10:38am On Nov 12, 2014
I need help pls, I have a study permit visa for 2years MBA which is valid for 2014(Jan) to 2015(Dec).I travelled to SA Jan 2014 to defer my offer at the business school due to some terms of agreement I had with my employer, actually at my own advantage. why I needed help is this, I need to consider the validity on my permit which is approximately one more year, I applied to another business for one year MBA which will covers 2015 on my permit,please how can I change the condition on my permit from business A to business B?
A friend told me I can change it in SA.

I need help pls.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cutieme(m): 4:10pm On Nov 12, 2014
@ofon15,pls can u tell how and the link u used in applying @ the wits school,the requirements and procedures,thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 4:03am On Nov 13, 2014
Ofon15:
@ Cypha8
thanks. but which form do you mean? is it the b1-1738?

Yessir that's it.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ofon15: 7:23am On Nov 13, 2014
@cutime
www.wits.ac.za/postgraduate,click apply online,fill the online form,upload ur documents and wait for the admission result.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cutieme(m): 9:54am On Nov 13, 2014
@ofon15 thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cutieme(m): 10:23am On Nov 13, 2014
@ofon15 please what are the documents to upload?thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.