Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,919 members, 7,810,530 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1728065 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by femiaction(m): 8:36pm On Mar 06, 2015
sultan003:

very long and tiring process...

if your B.Eng is not recognised as one of those in the washinton accord and syndey accord, you have to apply first for your foreign qualifications to be evaluated.
the amount last year was R1165. it takes about 10 weeks for them to do that.
After evaluation, they will advise you which category you can register for.. registration takes about 2months or thereabout.
check ecsa.co.za for more info. any other question, ask I will try and answer.
Thanks brother, is it only Ecsa certificate recognise? I have submitted for the evaluation of my qualifications. after done the authenticity of my certificate mie pty.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by olabanji88(m): 8:59pm On Mar 06, 2015
Now that I have made payment through an old school mate in unisa ow do I proceed to make my application for saqa evaluation I intend
1. Printing my proof of payment
2. Certified certificate copies
3. WAEC scratch card.
4. Copy of my NIMC card
5. Transcript from my school
6. Filled evaluation form from saqa

I really hope that is all
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 9:35pm On Mar 06, 2015
femiaction:
Thanks brother, is it only Ecsa certificate recognise? I have submitted for the evaluation of my qualifications. after done the authenticity of my certificate mie pty.

didn't get your question clearly..

After evaluation, they will send you an email informing you the category you can register for.
since you are going through the evaluation process, the registration fee will be half of the original fee. when your registration is successful, they will send you an email about it and your registration number.
the confirmation letter and the registration certificate will be delivered to you 4 to 6wks later.

As for authenticity, I certified the photocopies of my certificates and went with the originals to their office when I was submitting mine
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 9:37pm On Mar 06, 2015
olabanji88:
Now that I have made payment through an old school mate in unisa ow do I proceed to make my application for saqa evaluation I intend
3. WAEC scratch card.
4. Copy of my NIMC card

courier/send/post them to saqa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mayor2013: 10:53pm On Mar 06, 2015
Any one in j.borg here, Mid rand preferably Need to get an accommodation (cheap one). Would be in SA next week sunday.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bblesn: 9:54am On Mar 07, 2015
[quote author=tolma28 post=18508347]hello everybody. please i will like to ask about the implication of the red stamp on passport after visa denial (can someone whose passport has been stamped with d red stamp recently in Lagos reapply in Abuja?). also i will like to ask if it is possible to get more than 3 months visiting visa (especially for someone who has been issued like 3 tourist visa before)[/quote

Am facing same problem can someone pls advise on what I can do
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bblesn: 9:58am On Mar 07, 2015
@TOLMA28. you posted a complain in 2013 abt a red stamp On ur passport. It happened to me 2days ago. Pls I need help with the agent u used. A quick response will be appreciated.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by femiaction(m): 12:51pm On Mar 07, 2015
sultan003:

didn't get your question clearly..

After evaluation, they will send you an email informing you the category you can register for.
since you are going through the evaluation process, the registration fee will be half of the original fee. when your registration is successful, they will send you an email about it and your registration number.
the confirmation letter and the registration certificate will be delivered to you 4 to 6wks later.

As for authenticity, I certified the photocopies of my certificates and went with the originals to their office when I was submitting mine
I mean is any mechanical engineering professional body that i can use their certificate for critical skills work permit?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by olabanji88(m): 1:55pm On Mar 07, 2015
On the site of unisa do I need an international passport to apply for courses at unisa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 4:42pm On Mar 07, 2015
femiaction:
I mean is any mechanical engineering professional body that i can use their certificate for critical skills work permit?

I know of someone that got his critical skills in berlin using his membership certificate from the south african institute of mechanical engineering, on the condition that he submits his ecsa membership certificate in 6months

depending on where you are applying from you MIGHT sail through using SAIME certificate, but as we be 9ja, it is better to wait for ecsa to finish before you apply, if you want to try your luck without it, just know that it is a 50/50 thing because one of the requirement said: "proof of an application for a certificate of registration from the professional body recognised by saqa"

ecsa is the professional body, saime, saiie etc are voluntary bodies under ecsa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 4:49pm On Mar 07, 2015
[quote author=bblesn post=31383971][/quote]My little knowledge a RED STAMP means a ban for certain years mayb 1year or less .Did you submit fake bank statement?SA govt has joined other countries using RED STAMP as punishment for fake documents or Suspicious documents .If you submitted genuine documents I MAY BE of help but if the documents are Fake am sorry I can't help .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 6:11pm On Mar 07, 2015
olabanji88:
3. WAEC scratch card.
4. Copy of my NIMC card

Please include your birth certificate.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:45pm On Mar 07, 2015
terryoil:
please i need your help,i was given a paper at the turkey embassy on the 27th of February that says:Your visa application is Not Refused but it has been forwarded to Turkish local authorities for further examination. This process is totally beyond the control of the embassy. please advice me on what to do.

All u need do is chill. The paper you were given at the Turkish embassy means you may have to wait a little longer for a decision to be reached on your visa application. Waiting period is usually between 30-90 days. The embassy will definately email you as soon as your visa is ready for collection. Its usually so for Students or anyone applying for a long stay in Turkey or anyone who will require a residence permit. I'm sure ur passport was returned to you on the day u got the white paper, so. When u get the mail asking you to come 4 ur Visa you will submit d passport again at the embassy & pick up ur visa the next pick up date (usually in a day or two). Just be patient as u may get ur response in 30days. Hope I was helpful... All the best
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pyr8te: 5:22pm On Mar 08, 2015
sultan003:

I know of someone that got his critical skills in berlin using his membership certificate from the south african institute of mechanical engineering, on the condition that he submits his ecsa membership certificate in 6months

depending on where you are applying from you MIGHT sail through using SAIME certificate, but as we be 9ja, it is better to wait for ecsa to finish before you apply, if you want to try your luck without it, just know that it is a 50/50 thing because one of the requirement said: "proof of an application for a certificate of registration from the professional body recognised by saqa"

ecsa is the professional body, saime, saiie etc are voluntary bodies under ecsa

Hi sultan..i think the challenge here is that SAIME may be a non statutory body but still recognised by SAQA n the other one is the statutory body. The Critical Skills Visa requirements didn't state that it had to be a statutory body that does d assessment of the skills etc. I just registered with the Institute of Information Technology professional of SA n dey did d assessment of my skills n all that (a recent service dey started offering) and they are a non statutory body. If they took d initiative to do this n are issuing the written confirmation of skills (which I learnt isn't required sef if you can show proof of registration with d body) then I think d SAIME shud suffice..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Growingboi(m): 7:04pm On Mar 08, 2015
olabanji88:
On the site of unisa do I need an international passport to apply for courses at unisa

NO! it is nt necessary as long as d i.d card u want to use has a number like dat of international passport. I used d old national i.d card n it was accepted.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 8:06pm On Mar 08, 2015
pyr8te:

Hi sultan..i think the challenge here is that SAIME may be a non statutory body but still recognised by SAQA n the other one is the statutory body. The Critical Skills Visa requirements didn't state that it had to be a statutory body that does d assessment of the skills etc. I just registered with the Institute of Information Technology professional of SA n dey did d assessment of my skills n all that (a recent service dey started offering) and they are a non statutory body. If they took d initiative to do this n are issuing the written confirmation of skills (which I learnt isn't required sef if you can show proof of registration with d body) then I think d SAIME shud suffice..

yes, confirmation of skills is not required if one is a member of the professional body. For engineering, ecsa is the professional body.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bblesn: 8:06am On Mar 09, 2015
my documents are genuine. All of it. Would really appreciate ur help anyway u can. Goodmorning
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bblesn: 8:09am On Mar 09, 2015
samtol4:
My little knowledge a RED STAMP means a ban for certain years mayb 1year or less .Did you submit fake bank statement?SA govt has joined other countries using RED STAMP as punishment for fake documents or Suspicious documents .If you submitted genuine documents I MAY BE of help but if the documents are Fake am sorry I can't help .

My documents are genuine. Would really appreciate your help.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elume2020(m): 2:57pm On Mar 09, 2015
With regards to critical skills, if you obtained your first degree from a Nigerian University not on the Washington accord, be prepared for and interview. I was interviewed but to be honest I can't give an accurate answer of all they were asking because I have forgotten many of them, like writing formula of a topic I did in third year. Also asking how many lecturer in the department, equipment we have and all sort. Defended my B. ENG project before the three white guys. And that was in December. Up till now I haven't gotten any feedback from them. Moving forward, with regards to critical skills, you still need a letter from a recognised body here in South Africa that your have worked for five years, which ECSA won't write for you. So before you submit ensure you have all documents as required. A friend did submit with all documents except the letter stating he had over five years experience which is deemed critical despite presenting ECSA candidate engineer certificate and a mail stating that he can apply for professional if he so which. His application was denied but with a condition to appeal if he can provide the said letter. The question is who will write that letter?

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pyr8te: 10:13pm On Mar 09, 2015
@ elume2020. Did u apply in RSA or here in nigeria?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by akeem0502: 7:51am On Mar 10, 2015
mayor2013:
Any one in j.borg here, Mid rand preferably Need to get an accommodation (cheap one). Would be in SA next week sunday.
What's your idea of cheap accommodation? I live in Midrand and I can tell u there is no cheap accommodation
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 8:07am On Mar 10, 2015
elume2020:
With regards to critical skills, if you obtained your first degree from a Nigerian University not on the Washington accord, be prepared for and interview. I was interviewed but to be honest I can't give an accurate answer of all they were asking because I have forgotten many of them, like writing formula of a topic I did in third year. Also asking how many lecturer in the department, equipment we have and all sort. Defended my B. ENG project before the three white guys. And that was in December. Up till now I haven't gotten any feedback from them. Moving forward, with regards to critical skills, you still need a letter from a recognised body here in South Africa that your have worked for five years, which ECSA won't write for you. So before you submit ensure you have all documents as required. A friend did submit with all documents except the letter stating he had over five years experience which is deemed critical despite presenting ECSA candidate engineer certificate and a mail stating that he can apply for professional if he so which. His application was denied but with a condition to appeal if he can provide the said letter. The question is who will write that letter?

I wasn't interviewed by ECSA, they just sent me an email after evaluating my b.eng recommending that I register for so and so categories. Registration itself took them 2months and after registering, to get the confirmation and membership certificate, I have to wait for another 4wks to 6wks.

As per critical skills, ECSA doesn't issue a letter confirming critical skills, according to the new directive, once you are registered by a professional body, it confirms your critical skills, so there is no need presenting such letter. google immigration directive no 22 of 2014, the pdf is to big to be attached here.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elume2020(m): 1:42pm On Mar 10, 2015
sultan003:

I wasn't interviewed by ECSA, they just sent me an email after evaluating my b.eng recommending that I register for so and so categories. Registration itself took them 2months and after registering, to get the confirmation and membership certificate, I have to wait for another 4wks to 6wks.

As per critical skills, ECSA doesn't issue a letter confirming critical skills, according to the new directive, once you are registered by a professional body, it confirms your critical skills, so there is no need presenting such letter. google immigration directive no 22 of 2014, the pdf is to big to be attached here.

Sultan003 I understand your position but a housemate of mine who had four years work experience in oil and gas and obtained a Master from a south African University was denied. He was asked to present a letter from a recognised body despite his candidates engineer status from ECSA. As for me I have not heard from them since last year.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 3:14pm On Mar 10, 2015
elume2020:

Sultan003 I understand your position but a housemate of mine who had four years work experience in oil and gas and obtained a Master from a south African University was denied. He was asked to present a letter from a recognised body despite his candidates engineer status from ECSA. As for me I have not heard from them since last year.

maybe he should get a letter from the school where he did his masters. People with even less experience got theirs
As for ECSA, give them a call and ask about your registration otherwise they will keep you quiet for a long time
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pyr8te: 6:02pm On Mar 10, 2015
@sultan..abeg bros.no vex..can u pls list out d requirements for the Critical skills visa if one is applying from naija here. I'm saying this cos yes, I know for example d confirmation of skills letter isn't required any longer but hey..na naija we dey. Dey cud be funny that's y i decided to cross all I's n dot my Tees..i know d onus lies on d applicant to prove beyond reasonable doubt why d visa shud be granted hence all d ish. Dat said, I'm torn btw applying for dependant permit for wify going by all its demerits (not being able to work or study). What other option do you advise to bring her along n get her engaged gainfully. Lastly..what minimum amount would you advise to have in ones account here.. Apologies for the long one bro.. grin
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 10:24pm On Mar 10, 2015
pyr8te:
@sultan..abeg bros.no vex..can u pls list out d requirements for the Critical skills visa if one is applying from naija here. I'm saying this cos yes, I know for example d confirmation of skills letter isn't required any longer but hey..na naija we dey. Dey cud be funny that's y i decided to cross all I's n dot my Tees..i know d onus lies on d applicant to prove beyond reasonable doubt why d visa shud be granted hence all d ish. Dat said, I'm torn btw applying for dependant permit for wify going by all its demerits (not being able to work or study). What other option do you advise to bring her along n get her engaged gainfully. Lastly..what minimum amount would you advise to have in ones account here.. Apologies for the long one bro.. grin

1) Two passport size photographs
2) Passport valid for no less than 30 days after expiry of
the intended visit.
3) Medical report.
4) Radiological report.
5) Full birth certificate in respect of each dependent child.
6) Marriage certificate or in a case of foreign spousal
relationship, proof of official recognition thereof issued
by the authorities of the foreign country of the applicant
(where applicable).
7) Affidavit where a spousal relationship to a South African
citizen or resident is applicable as well as documentation
proving cohabitation and the extent to which the related
financial responsibilities are shared by the parties and
setting out the particulars of children in the spousal
relationship.
cool Proof of union recognized in terms of the Recognition of Customary Marriages Act, 1998 (Act No. 12 of 1998),
where applicable.
9) Written consent from both parents or sole custody parent where applicable with proof of sole custody.
10) Proof of legal adoption (Where applicable).
11) Legal separation order (Where applicable).
12) Police clearance certificates in respect of applicants 18 years and older, in respect of all countries where person resided one year or longer.
13) Vaccination certificate, if required by the Act.

supporting documents. .....
An application for a critical skills work visa shall be
accompanied by proof that the applicant falls within the
critical skills category in the form of -
1. A confirmation, in writing, from the professional body,
council or board recognised by SAQA in terms of section
13(1) (i) of the National Qualifications Framework Act, or
any relevant government Department confirming the
skills or qualifications of the applicant and appropriate
post qualification experience;
2. If required by law, proof of application for a certificate of registration with the professional body, council or board recognised by SAQA in terms of section 13(1) (i) of the National Qualifications Framework Act; and
3. proof of evaluation of the foreign qualification by SAQA
and translated by a sworn translator into one of the
official languages of the Republic.

A spouse and dependent children of a holder of a critical
skills work visa shall be issued with an appropriate visa
valid for a period not exceeding the period of validity of
the applicant's critical skills work visa.

spousal permit first, which will be endorsed for work purposes when shè gets a job in SA
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pyr8te: 10:49pm On Mar 10, 2015
Many thanks for the response boss. Trully grateful.I read online and thought that spousal permit is for foreigners married to a south african citizens or permanent residents which thereafter can be endorsed for either work or business..are you confirming this category of permit applies also to dependants of a critical skills visa 'holder' (wife in this case)?

Also,didn't say how much is the minimum cash reserve needed to prove ability to survive within the 1st 12 months in the Republic -I.e proof of financial capability..pardon my Oliver twist nature bro grin
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 7:05am On Mar 11, 2015
pyr8te:
Many thanks for the response boss. Trully grateful.I read online and thought that spousal permit is for foreigners married to a south african citizens or permanent residents which thereafter can be endorsed for either work or business..are you confirming this category of permit applies also to dependants of a critical skills visa 'holder' (wife in this case)?

Also,didn't say how much is the minimum cash reserve needed to prove ability to survive within the 1st 12 months in the Republic -I.e proof of financial capability..pardon my Oliver twist nature bro grin

spousal permit is given to a foreigner whose husband/wife is legally in sa either by working, study permit or Ict.
the spousal permit can be reendorsed to study or work in SA.
According to the list of critical skill gazette, the minimum proof of financial capability is R3000, but the sahc looks at cash flow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pyr8te: 1:17pm On Mar 11, 2015
sultan003:

spousal permit is given to a foreigner whose husband/wife is legally in sa either by working, study permit or Ict.
the spousal permit can be reendorsed to study or work in SA.
According to the list of critical skill gazette, the minimum proof of financial capability is R3000, but the sahc looks at cash flow.

Boss..10 gbosas for you! U do well and I'm really grateful for the clarification.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by skimmeh1: 4:09pm On Mar 11, 2015
hello peeps, Greetings!
I need information on application process for my young cousin into a south African university (a considerable tuition fee) and step by step guide to secure admission. into an undergraduate programme. he is a secondary school certificate holder. I will so appreciate your guidance towards that and all that he would.be required to do to ensure he gets study permit. plus.i hope he can start the.process now for the.next academic intake. thank.you all as I await your positive contributions.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Concordia: 10:33pm On Mar 11, 2015
Hello

Please for those that traveled recently within the last few months.How many months visa did you get and how many months was stamped at point of entry? I also hear these days one can only get one month single entry?? and can't be renewed inside the country.(VISIT VISA)

For those that traveled lately or happen to know of people who did please share here.

Thanks and awaiting feedback from the gurus and fellow travelers

Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.