Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,301 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1727928 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bukkytroni: 12:14pm On Mar 12, 2015
Good day good people.

I am trying to book accommodation as evidence of residence for my SA visitor's visa application.

What budget inns/hotels near Cape Town international Convention Center would you suggest.

Thank you

cc @samtol
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by olabanji88(m): 2:39pm On Mar 12, 2015
TYPOP:

Please include your birth certificate.

Cheers.
pls do I need to certify my birth certificate
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 4:39pm On Mar 12, 2015
olabanji88:
pls do I need to certify my birth certificate

Yes sir. Certify every document.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:45pm On Mar 12, 2015
Good day everyone, Plz my Aunt and her Husband wants to travel to SA with their 4kids whos details are in their passports and they wish to apply for their Visas, do they need one Application or seperate applicatuion for both Mom and Dad...?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Shine1177: 3:15am On Mar 13, 2015
I got to Durban on Wednesday and it was so stressful because I missed my connecting flight from Jo'burg and I was asked to pay R1440 (SAA that's too much) to get on the next. flight. I felt bad because the old woman (a relative) I helped had a load of pomo in her luggage. All the same I got my student number yesterday.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 6:08am On Mar 13, 2015
Shine1177:
I got to Durban on Wednesday and it was so stressful because I missed my connecting flight from Jo'burg and I was asked to pay R1440 (SAA that's too much) to get on the next. flight. I felt bad because the old woman (a relative) I helped had a load of pomo in her luggage. All the same I got my student number yesterday.
welcome bros .....sorry for the stress o ...we can meet this weekend if you are free.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 6:14am On Mar 13, 2015
[quote author=bukkytroni post=31548179]Good day good people.

I am trying to book accommodation as evidence of residence for my SA visitor's visa application.

What budget inns/hotels near Cape Town international Convention Center would you suggest.

Thank you

cc @samtol[I m not in Capetown but book any hotel in Capetown not necessary closer to Convention center since it is just for Visa application .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Shine1177: 7:49am On Mar 13, 2015
samtol4:
welcome bros .....sorry for the stress o ...we can meet this weekend if you are free.
Thanks, may be in the evening, I have a research clinic to attend tomorrow from 9-12.. I stay at City Life.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by godownson: 9:47am On Mar 13, 2015
Hello house,
These documents will be sent from a host in SA to my brother for visit visa application;
-letter of invitation.
-proof of accommodation.
-passport data page.
-3 months bank statement.
My questions are:
1- which amongst these documents needs certification, or should all the documents be certified?.
2-who is eligible to certify the documents?
3-would the embassy accept the documents if they are scanned and sent via email?.
4-would the yellow vaccination card be needed during application?.
Any other tips I need to know to perfect the application would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Samtol4, TYPOP.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cutieme(m): 11:42am On Mar 13, 2015
@shine1177,How is Durban like?Please tell us about the city and the people there, thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 12:50pm On Mar 13, 2015
Check your question for your answers.

godownson:
Hello house,
These documents will be sent from a host in SA to my brother for visit visa application;
-letter of invitation.
-proof of accommodation. YES
-passport data page. YES
-3 months bank statement. Stamped by bank
My questions are:
1- which amongst these documents needs certification, or should all the documents be certified?.
2-who is eligible to certify the documents? Your host knows how to certify
3-would the embassy accept the documents if they are scanned and sent via email?. YES
4-would the yellow vaccination card be needed during application?. YES, the photocopy
Thanks.
Samtol4, TYPOP.

It seems your bro plans to stay with the host during his visit. They must state that in their letter. Otherwise, he will need to book for hotel.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tweb1: 12:54pm On Mar 13, 2015
Guys, I got my study visa on the 6th of march to study at wits but I was already 3weeks behind lecture. The course administrator had alredy adviced me to reapply for 2016. Now I am looking at how I can get momentum health insurance to refund my money since I will not be going for this year. I have written a mail to them twice but no respond. Please can I possibly get a refund from momentum?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by godownson: 3:32pm On Mar 13, 2015
TYPOP:
Check your question for your answers.

It seems your bro plans to stay with the host during his visit. They must state that in their letter. Otherwise, he will need to book for hotel.

Cheers.
Yes, he plans to stay with the host.
Alright, noted.
Thanks a lot.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Shine1177: 4:15pm On Mar 13, 2015
cutieme:
@shine1177,How is Durban like?Please tell us about the city and the people there, thanks.
Durban is a nice city with so many beautiful things. The Universities (UKZN and DUT) are great.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 5:25pm On Mar 13, 2015
tweb1:
Guys, I got my study visa on the 6th of march to study at wits but I was already 3weeks behind lecture. The course administrator had alredy adviced me to reapply for 2016. Now I am looking at how I can get momentum health insurance to refund my money since I will not be going for this year. I have written a mail to them twice but no respond. Please can I possibly get a refund from momentum?
Surely there should be a refund because you didn't travel to start the program or u ask them to shift your payment for next year .(Please notify them ).
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mayor2013: 10:51pm On Mar 13, 2015
godownson:
Hello house,
-letter of invitation.
-proof of accommodation.
-passport data page.
-3 months bank statement.
My questions are:
2-who is eligible to certify the documents?
3-would the embassy accept the documents if they are scanned and sent via email?.
4-would the yellow vaccination card be needed during application?
Thanks.
Samtol4, TYPOP.

Note: 6 months bank statement
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pyr8te: 7:31am On Mar 14, 2015
[quote author=sultan003 post=31507630]
Oga sultan and all d other gurus in d house. I Don come again. Came across some readings online with respect to d CSV and tot to seek clarification here.
A guy wrote that a friend of his was issued with a CSV and it was stated on it that entry to d Republic cud be any date before 2020.02.15, (I presume d fellow's visa was granted for 5 yrs perhaps cos he had a job offer already ). Now my question is this. For someone who doesnt have a job offer at d time d application was considered and who will typically be granted 1year in dis instance, what is d implication of d fact that as it's stated in d conditions attached to d visa that u av 90 days to seek for employment at first and where not secured, apply for another 90 day extension? It sort of contradicts the 1 year 'validity' of d visa don't you think?

Many thanks in advance
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 7:46am On Mar 14, 2015
[quote author=pyr8te post=31600737][/quote]

90days is for the old quota permit, for csv, you have a year to secure employment
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tweb1: 7:53am On Mar 14, 2015
samtol4:
Surely there should be a refund because you didn't travel to start the program or u ask them to shift your payment for next year .(Please notify them ).
I have sent them a mail twice, the first mail was more than a week ago and I haven't gotten any response from them up till now.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pyr8te: 9:13am On Mar 14, 2015
Thanks for the quick response Sultan..much appreciated boss
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by godownson: 12:10pm On Mar 14, 2015
mayor2013:

Note: 6 months bank statement
Noted. Thanks bro.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 4:48pm On Mar 14, 2015
Welcome to SA. Wish u all the best in your studies in Durban.
Shine1177:

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 8:28pm On Mar 14, 2015
tweb1:

Send me a private mail.

For everyone wondering what I'm about to do, I simply want to give him a mail of the momentum staff that comes to my school every week. That way, there is someone in particular to address the mail to.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yansky(m): 9:15pm On Mar 14, 2015
samtol4:

PLEASE HELP. THERE IS DS WEIRD THING HAPPENING TO ME. IM ALWAYS OVER CHARGER WHEN I USE MY FIDELITY MASTER CARD HERE. THE EXCHANGE RATE GOES FROM 18 TO AS FAR AS 33NAIRA. IVE LOST ABOUT 2000RANDS ALONE DS WEEK. PLEASE DOES ANY1 KNOW WHATS WRONG. PLEASE HELP
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by patypeeh(f): 9:53am On Mar 15, 2015
helo am here new I want to see d current SA checklist,and a copy of self intro letter.pls
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 1:46pm On Mar 15, 2015
yansky:

PLEASE HELP. THERE IS DS WEIRD THING HAPPENING TO ME. IM ALWAYS OVER CHARGER WHEN I USE MY FIDELITY MASTER CARD HERE. THE EXCHANGE RATE GOES FROM 18 TO AS FAR AS 33NAIRA. IVE LOST ABOUT 2000RANDS ALONE DS WEEK. PLEASE DOES ANY1 KNOW WHATS WRONG. PLEASE HELP
Don't you have GTB,UBA ,Ecobank or First bank account?Please send message to your bank there is an error somewhere .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yansky(m): 3:23pm On Mar 15, 2015
samtol4:
Don't you have GTB,UBA ,Ecobank or First bank account?Please send message to your bank there is an error somewhere .

no i dont. can i get a refund cz i still have all my receipts with me and a coresponding alert for it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.