Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1733437 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 6:15pm On Mar 01, 2015
Let me assist in addressing the issues raised below:

1) i will advise you to put in your application early probably July cos the SA embassy's processing time for visa varies and could take between two to six weeks though you might be lucky to have it processed quickly. However, submitting early will help to forestall any delay as experienced by some applicants in the past.
2) Pls ensure that your letter of invitation is signed by the organisers cos it could be a valid reason for refusal.
3) Ensure you do a paid hotel booking so as to boost your chances
4) In addition to the docs listed, you can include evidence of previous trainings attended (i.e cert. of attendance) and other suporting documents and your hotel booking as stated above.
5) You don't need a police report due to the nature of your application
6) Yes you do. A letter of introduction from your employer is needed. They can as well state that you will be on leave during the period
7) You can visit www.vfsglobal.com/southafrica/nigeria/ to download the visitors visa application form and get other info for your visa application

I hope this info will assist in a long way.

I wish u all the best.
esosa4real:

Hello, I have been here before to express my fears for applying for a visit visa for a conference on DIY because of things I hear from colleagues about SA visa(dat agent is best).
Well I feel a little relieved reading the above because truth is my UK, Brazil and Tanzania visas, I got thru nairaland's guide on DIY basis! Thanks to justwise n co.

I am a medical doctor who is a member of a WHO-affiliated group who organise medical conferences in diff continents yearly. Lastyear I was invited to brasil and attended.
This year, it's in SA by September, will be invited soon and I really want to attend and apply by sticking with the genuine DIY basis, afterall am going for a just cause/legitimate cause.

I need some answers brothers!

1. Conference is in sept, when is the best time to start considering sending an application?
2. I hear the embassies could deny visas if letters of invitation don't follow a format, pls what's this format, so I tell the organisers in time to personally tailor mine as the lagos embassy wants it.
3. We would definitely be staying in recommended hotels, how do I handle this to avoid probs! Must I pay for a nite b4 visa application?
4. What r the other documents needed? I guess they are same as other countries (passport, p.photos, bank statement+covering letter, yellowcard, flight booking)? Pls advise on any other I ve missed. + can I include certificate of last attendance? Does it even help here?

5. Is a police report needed for me?
6. Apart from letter of invitation, do I need a letter of introduction from work? + letter of leave absence as well?
7. How do I start the whole application process online? I need links to their application form + checklists. And how do I submit when it's time? VAC?

Please I have been elaborate, pls assist ur brother with necessary answers/advise/additional comments, I am sure I can pull this off on DIY basis.
God bless you all, it is well.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by esosa4real(m): 11:46pm On Mar 01, 2015
yinksob002:

1) i will advise you to put in your application early probably July cos the SA embassy's processing time for visa varies and could take between two to six weeks though you might be lucky to have it processed quickly. However, submitting early will help to forestall any delay as experienced by some applicants in the past.
2) Pls ensure that your letter of invitation is signed by the organisers cos it could be a valid reason for refusal.
4) In addition to the docs listed, you can include evidence of previous trainings attended (i.e cert. of attendance) and other suporting documents and your hotel booking as stated above.
6) Yes you do. A letter of introduction from your employer is needed. They can as well state that you will be on leave during the period
7) You can visit www.vfsglobal.com/southafrica/nigeria/ to download the visitors visa application form and get other info for your visa application

I wish u all the best.

Thanks alot! I think your advice of July, is a great idea. Will work towards that
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 5:37am On Mar 02, 2015
esosa4real:

Thanks alot! I think your advice of July, is a great idea. Will work towards that

While you're at it, please get your yellow fever vaccination card, preferably from MMA.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by esosa4real(m): 6:24am On Mar 02, 2015
TYPOP:

While you're at it, please get your yellow fever vaccination card, preferably from MMA.

Yeah, I got that from Porthealth, MMA lastyear, Thanks. Will I be submitting that too @ VAC? Or at Point of Departure?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 6:51am On Mar 02, 2015
esosa4real:

Yeah, I got that from Porthealth, MMA lastyear, Thanks. Will I be submitting that too @ VAC? Or at Point of Departure?

Photocopy of that, along with other docs, for visa application at VAC.

Original to be sighted at both Point of Departure and Entry.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pyr8te: 11:00pm On Mar 02, 2015
pyr8te:

Thanks a million boss..sent you an email..il shoot you my personal email add once you respond. .i guess that's how d system works..

@Sultan.i didn't get any response still..could you please send me ur email? Mine is my full names hence don't wanna put it up here..thanks a lot
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kentochi(m): 11:13am On Mar 03, 2015
I need help guys
what do I need to put in
place before applying for south Africa visa
And like how much will this cost me
AM going there to work and study.

Thanks for your help.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 4:05pm On Mar 03, 2015
pyr8te:

@Sultan.i didn't get any response still..could you please send me ur email? Mine is my full names hence don't wanna put it up here..thanks a lot

Hi, saw your mail, and I did reply.. did you check your spam box? Anyway I will reply you again
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pyr8te: 4:09pm On Mar 03, 2015
sultan003:

Hi, saw your mail, and I did reply.. did you check your spam box? Anyway I will reply you again

Ok. Il expect it. Didn't check d spam box tho...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 4:25pm On Mar 03, 2015
pyr8te:

Ok. Il expect it. Didn't check d spam box tho...

replied again to **********info********.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 4:28pm On Mar 03, 2015
Hi all, can anyone confirm if Embassy has been accepting the CompCare medical insurance lately?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 5:35pm On Mar 03, 2015
TYPOP:

Bon voyage.

Instead of MTN, plan to use Telkom or 8ta wireless. They are a lot cheaper than MTN. 1G + 2G night for 150 Rands.

Cheers.

Cell C is cheap very cheap but unreliable
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 5:54pm On Mar 03, 2015
sultan003:

depend on your location
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 8:59pm On Mar 03, 2015
sultan003:

In terms of data, none is as cheap as 8ta. Even for mobile calls, my MTN is now cheaper than Cell C. I hardly make calls on my Cell C anymore. But I do agree it was the cheapest at one point.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elume2020(m): 7:55am On Mar 04, 2015
Hi House,
If you are using the old yellow fever card, whenever you visit Nigeria kindly get the new one as those guys at check-in won't attend to you until you produce the new yellow fever card. I had a night flight, I had to pay R200 to get another yellow fever card despite having the old one which I took the vaccination for.
Also I applied for that repatriation thingy, I was told my account will be credited in 16 days from Lagos. Since January 20th, I have been waiting yet no credit. Stupid enough my receipt was stamped as repartition paid. It's like I have lost that money. Eish...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elume2020(m): 8:02am On Mar 04, 2015
TYPOP:

In terms of data, none is as cheap as 8ta. Even for mobile calls, my MTN is now cheaper than Cell C. I hardly make calls on my Cell C anymore. But I do agree it was the cheapest at one point.
Cell C was cheap but the quality of the call is the worst. Subscribe to MTN recurring international dialling rate of by dailling *141*1# for R5 per month and make calls to nigeria for R0.49c.
Website legal - https://www.mtn.co.za/pages/website_legal.aspx?termsid=425
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elume2020(m): 8:02am On Mar 04, 2015
TYPOP:

Cell C was cheap but the quality of the call is the worst. Subscribe to MTN recurring international dialling rate of by dailling *141*1# for R5 per month and make calls to nigeria for R0.49c. https://www.mtn.co.za/pages/website_legal.aspx?termsid=425
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 11:48pm On Mar 04, 2015
cutieme:
@Kentrasso,how do u find SA,tell me more about the place but by the way,what program ate u running there?

SA is a pretty place o. I love the area and the people. They're cool if you are too. Cost of living is a little above nigerian normal, like, say 30 - 50percent on the high side.
I'm running a program in engineering.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cutieme(m): 10:40am On Mar 05, 2015
@Kentrasso,thanks for your reply but please I'd like to know how to apply for a course in your school,like an educational course,thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kentochi(m): 2:41pm On Mar 05, 2015
Kentrasso:

SA is a pretty place o. I love the area and the people. They're cool if you are too. Cost of living is a little above nigerian normal, like, say 30 - 50percent on the high side.
I'm running a program in engineering.
Hi
I want visit SA pls can you tell how much it will cost me to apply for 6 months visa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemenger: 4:11pm On Mar 05, 2015
yinksob002:

I wish u all the best.
@Yinksob, I just sent you a pm now. I need info about wits
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 6:32pm On Mar 05, 2015
I just replied your mail.
chemenger:

@Yinksob, I just sent you a pm now. I need info about wits
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 8:55pm On Mar 05, 2015
cutieme:
@Kentrasso,thanks for your reply but please I'd like to know how to apply for a course in your school,like an educational course,thanks.

Simply visit the site uct.ac.za and select the application option from the department you want. Its easy to navigate.

Cheers
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 8:58pm On Mar 05, 2015
kentochi:

Hi
I want visit SA pls can you tell how much it will cost me to apply for 6 months visa.

Hi, I'm not an expert on visitor's permit but I think that 6months may be too much? Cos you have to provide financial statements that shows you are covered for your stay here.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 2:02pm On Mar 06, 2015
kentochi:

Hi

They usually give maximum of 3 months, multiple entry, 30 days per entry.

However, I hear they have reduced it to 30 days single visit recently.

For special cases however, you may still get visiting for 6 months. But it is really not easy.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bisi16(m): 2:07pm On Mar 06, 2015
Congrats to me, and thanks to evry1 that has contributed on this forum. 1 tree can never make a forest. Got my permit 2day.. 4 those coming behind, wish u all d best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by femiaction(m): 3:26pm On Mar 06, 2015
Hello guys, Thanks for the great work here. Please I want to register with Engineering council of SA. Anyone with ideas how to register. I want to use it for critical skills work permit. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 5:19pm On Mar 06, 2015
femiaction:
Hello guys, Thanks for the great work here. Please I want to register with Engineering council of SA. Anyone with ideas how to register. I want to use it for critical skills work permit. Thanks

very long and tiring process...

if your B.Eng is not recognised as one of those in the washinton accord and syndey accord, you have to apply first for your foreign qualifications to be evaluated.
the amount last year was R1165. it takes about 10 weeks for them to do that.
After evaluation, they will advise you which category you can register for.. registration takes about 2months or thereabout.
check ecsa.co.za for more info. anyother question, ask I will try and answer.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kentochi(m): 5:51pm On Mar 06, 2015
TYPOP:

They usually give maximum of 3 months, multiple entry, 30 days per entry.

However, I hear they have reduced it to 30 days single visit recently.

For special cases however, you may still get visiting for 6 months. But it is really not easy.
Thanks a lot.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by terryoil: 8:03pm On Mar 06, 2015
please i need your help,i was given a paper at the turkey embassy on the 27th of February that says:Your visa application is Not Refused but it has been forwarded to Turkish local authorities for further examination. This process is totally beyond the control of the embassy. please advice me on what to do.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.