Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1738309 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (916) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kwere2kicker: 4:06pm On Mar 29, 2015
You are not fair guys. If a person speaks his mind you eat him alive like this? Our country is lawless. Buhari please clean up our country. Don't forget the people of kanu after winning the votes. we are tired to traveling the whole world because of poverty, we need your support.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 4:09pm On Mar 29, 2015
kwere2kicker:
You are not fair guys. If a person speaks his mind you eat him alive like this? Our country is lawless. Buhari please clean up our country. Don't forget the people of kanu after winning the votes. we are tired to traveling the whole world because of poverty, we need your support.

Do you think it's possible to speak your mind without insulting people?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:19am On Mar 30, 2015
Some people need to learn how to communicate honestly. What's with the name calling?
MojAyo:
yeah,many things happen in dat country,our nigerian brothers re really spoiling our name in dat country,all in d name of money,gracie,how is lesotho,and how re ur sisters doing
Lesotho is great dear and my sisters are doing great too.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by flowales(m): 11:53am On Mar 30, 2015
Please how do I go about my hotel reservation . Someone told me that south Africa do not accept third party hotel booking
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cutieme(m): 1:38pm On Mar 30, 2015
@humbledbygrace,please can u kindly tell us about Lesotho, how to get the visa and the prospect of making it there,thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:59pm On Mar 30, 2015
cutieme:
@humbledbygrace,please can u kindly tell us about Lesotho, how to get the visa and the prospect of making it there,thanks.
I'll open a thread later, will mention you.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cutieme(m): 2:30pm On Mar 30, 2015
@humbledbygrace,thanks, am waiting.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 30, 2015
HumbledbYGrace:
Some people need to learn how to communicate honestly. What's with the name calling?

happy to hear dat,gracie
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:01pm On Mar 30, 2015
cutieme:
@humbledbygrace,thanks, am waiting.
m in transit now but will get to it once m settled
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yansky(m): 3:35pm On Mar 31, 2015
Kentrasso:

I had this same problem too. The thing is, when you withdraw with a nigerian debit card, south africa takes like 15percent for tax and your bank also charges between 300 and 500 naira.

I don't know if there is a way around it. Internet transfers don't recognise local banks

what did you do about the bank issues?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 4:45pm On Mar 31, 2015
yansky:

what did you do about the bank issues?

It's better to open account with a local bank and transfer your money there. Cost is lower.

gtb is friendly in that aspect
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Babechemist01: 6:04pm On Mar 31, 2015
Hello house.Pls I need the full address of where I can get yellow card in Abuja and the address of South Africa embassy for study permit. I actually did mine in 2013 . I need to put a brother through the process but I have forgotten these importance adresses.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 9:05pm On Mar 31, 2015
The address is Plot 371, Diplomatic Zone, Central Business District, Abuja.
Babechemist01:
Hello house.Pls I need the full address of where I can get yellow card in Abuja and the address of South Africa embassy for study permit. I actually did mine in 2013 . I need to put a brother through the process but I have forgotten these importance adresses.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 14(m): 12:11am On Apr 01, 2015
HumbledbYGrace:
They aint all like that, its like they are trying to minimise the number of foreigners in S.A nje. Dunno...

No, they are just tightening the screws, the SA immigration policies have brought lots of problems for SA. Loss of free VISA to the UK, dye to many foreigners holding fake SA passports. The shooting in Nairobi mall, where the culprit, white widow used a fake SA passport. And the political pressure from internally.

If you come to SA with right papers and good motive, you will never experience problems. and Location locarion location is important. If you are foreigner, dont go closer to townships, stay in the CBD or surbab, You will enjoy life to the fullest.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by omoarole: 7:02am On Apr 01, 2015
Hello. I recently recieved an invitation for a 6 week medical observership in Cape Town, and I want to apply for a visa. What are the protocols for applying for a short stay visit visa, for conference, non work, non study purposes?
How soon should I send the application if my travel date is July 1st 2015?
Thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Babechemist01: 8:06am On Apr 01, 2015
yinksob002:
The address is Plot 371, Diplomatic Zone, Central Business District, Abuja.
. Thank you for your reply. but what is the address of the immunization/ yellow card office in Abuja
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 8:28am On Apr 01, 2015
I don't know the address for the port health dept in Abuja. However, u can check at d Intl airport overthere. There should be a port health dept at the abuja intl airport where u can obtain d yellow card. Just try and find out. All d best
Babechemist01:
. Thank you for your reply. but what is the address of the immunization/ yellow card office in Abuja
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 8:43am On Apr 01, 2015
You will need to provide the following docs:
1) International passport
2) Complete a visitors visa application form with 2 passport photographs (White background)
3) Obtain a yellow fever vaccination card at d port health dept@ the Intl airport in Lagos
4) Paid Hotel booking
5) Flight reservation for a round trip
6) Duly signed letter of invitation to the said conference (Hard or scanned copy)
7) Bank statements
cool Letter of Introduction from employer or self introduction letter if you are self employed
9) Payslips(if any)
10) Any other supporting document

Since your intended travel date is July 1st, you can apply around 3rd week of may to forestall any delay in your application. All d best quote author=omoarole post=32229095]Hello. I recently recieved an invitation for a 6 week medical observership in Cape Town, and I want to apply for a visa. What are the protocols for applying for a short stay visit visa, for conference, non work, non study purposes?
Thank you.[/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 9:36am On Apr 01, 2015
omoarole:
Hello. I recently recieved an invitation for a 6 week medical observership in Cape Town, and I want to apply for a visa. What are the protocols for applying for a short stay visit visa, for conference, non work, non study purposes?
Thank you.

You can start now if you have all your documents
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:19pm On Apr 01, 2015
14:

No, they are just tightening the screws, the SA immigration policies have brought lots of problems for SA. Loss of free VISA to the UK, dye to many foreigners holding fake SA passports. The shooting in Nairobi mall, where the culprit, white widow used a fake SA passport. And the political pressure from internally.

If you come to SA with right papers and good motive, you will never experience problems. and Location locarion location is important. If you are foreigner, dont go closer to townships, stay in the CBD or surbab, You will enjoy life to the fullest.
As much as I love S.A I prefer to remain a citizen of Lesotho, South African immigration rules and regulations aren't fair to most African countries. Even us those who are inside it still suffer like we are from the faraway countries.

I say good riddance to bad rubbish to it not getting free visas to UK and Kenya. For us its still free and will remain so to both countries, many people have faked Lesotho passports but never got away with it and Lesotho has never limited the foreigners previlages.

We treat people with respect not like in S.A

I agree to your last part though, unfortunately most people go to the townships because its cheaper to live there but it isn't, its the worst place a foreigner could possibly settle honestly. Rascism is @ its peak there, as for theft, you'd want to pack before even month end.

And lastly people shouldn't just think of coming to S.A without a plan on ground already, if not your going to spend more than you bargained for.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 9:31pm On Apr 01, 2015
You can't be so sure of what will happen in d nearest future cos if d rate at which people rush to Lesotho and abuse d system is not checked, it will get worse than south Africa in no time. SA's immigration rule was so flexible in d past but due to abuse by a lot of foreigners, they had to tighten their borders.
HumbledbYGrace:
As much as I love S.A I prefer to remain a citizen of Lesotho, South African immigration rules and regulations aren't fair to most African countries. Even us those who are inside it still suffer like we are from the faraway countries.

I say good riddance to bad rubbish to it not getting free visas to UK and Kenya. For us its still free and will remain so to both countries, many people have faked Lesotho passports but never got away with it and Lesotho has never limited the foreigners previlages.

We treat people with respect not like in S.A

I agree to your last part though, unfortunately most people go to the townships because its cheaper to live there but it isn't, its the worst place a foreigner could possibly settle honestly. Rascism is @ its peak there, as for theft, you'd want to pack before even month end.

And lastly people shouldn't just think of coming to S.A without a plan on ground already, if not your going to spend more than you bargained for.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 14(m): 3:19am On Apr 02, 2015
yinksob002:
You can't be so sure of what will happen in d nearest future cos if d rate at which people rush to Lesotho and abuse d system is not checked, it will get worse than south Africa in no time. SA's immigration rule was so flexible in d past but due to abuse by a lot of foreigners, they had to tighten their borders.

The very same guys who r complaining are the ones who messed up the user friendly system.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by godownson: 3:29am On Apr 02, 2015
Hello house, pls I got Few questions to ask.
- a host is inviting my brother For a 2-weeks holiday, will the SA immigration ask For BTA from my brother at the airport (since the invitation letter states that all expenses would be covered by the host)?.
-can a person carry a debit bank card (having enough cash) instead of dollars as BTA.
-will the the photocopy of yellow card that is needed for visa application need to be certified.
-should a letter oF invitation be hand-written or typed.
Thanks.
- if a person has a 2-weeks return ticket and books a hotel reservation for 1 week (paid), will the immigration have problems with it?.

@ yinksob002 and other experienced peeps here. Pls I need answers on these questions.
Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abnice2004: 7:09am On Apr 02, 2015
pls i nid explanation abt the fast of sa embassy. i was told they always issue the visa if someone uses fast track. pls does anyone has info abt it?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 12:26pm On Apr 02, 2015
Whilst fast track option enables you to have your visa application processed much faster than it should be, it does not give you an automatic 100% guarantee that your visa will be issued. The fact that some people had their visas issued in d past via the fast track option does not necessarily imply that it was approved based on that.
The visa approval decision lies squarely at the consular's discretion who may or may not approve the visa based on how your application is assessed and the documents provided. All the best
abnice2004:
pls i nid explanation abt the fast of sa embassy. i was told they always issue the visa if someone uses fast track. pls does anyone has info abt it?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 1miccza: 6:27pm On Apr 02, 2015
Fogman:

Thanks for the info. But he never receive any notice for collection. Infact we tracked online and found out it was ready last friday.

How did you do the tracking please?i have a relation who has similar issues please
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 1miccza: 6:31pm On Apr 02, 2015
HumbledbYGrace:

Gracie i have a sister with Visa issues do you know how she can go about it?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 1miccza: 7:19pm On Apr 02, 2015
ololo12:

Ever heard of fast tracking? You've got to pay 40-60k additional for fast tracking and you've surely get your visa.

How's the fast tracking done?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by godownson: 6:43am On Apr 03, 2015
Hello house, pls I got Few questions to ask.
- a host is inviting my brother For a 2-weeks
holiday, will the SA immigration ask For BTA
from my brother at the airport (since the
invitation letter states that all expenses would
be covered by the host)?.
-can a person carry a debit bank card (having
enough cash) instead of dollars as BTA.
-will the the photocopy of yellow card that is
needed for visa application need to be
certified.
-should a letter oF invitation be hand-written
or typed.
Thanks.
- if a person has a 2-weeks return ticket and
books a hotel reservation for 1 week (paid), will
the immigration have problems with it?.
@ yinksob002 and other experienced peeps
here. Pls I need answers on these questions.
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (916) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.