Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1738253 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (916) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cutieme(m): 12:29pm On Apr 03, 2015
@humbledbygrace,Hi,I'm still waiting for the thread u said u will make,thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yehmi01(m): 9:09pm On Apr 03, 2015
MojAyo:
the guy I contacted in SA said I can use my assylum to apply for d PR,like I will ve to renew my assylum when I get to SA,I'm nt using visiting visa to apply for the PR,about the overstay stuff,as I use another new nigerian passport for applying for a visiting visa,the overstay stuff is nt showing,and they didn't knw,it might show on d system when I get to OR Tambo which I will pay the 3000rands fine,tanx

Hello All.

Please I have a question.

Am applying for SA visa for a visitation and we submitted last week at vsf lekki.

The plan is to relocate to SA because my wife want to go for masters and I plan working when I get dir and we have a son a well.

We were told to get a visit visa then get dir to do assylmum then convert to a PR.

Please is this possible and any one who has an info please share.

Is this workable?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yehmi01(m): 9:19pm On Apr 03, 2015
manikky:

Pls don't just join the corrupt people paying any amount to agent to get visa.
You can surely donut urself.
I am a living witness to this. Got my permit myself, also my wife and even accompany for our kids.
The kids got denied more than once due to some reasons but we could still reappy with the right documents abd help from people here...typop, samto14, and all others. We got all advise from here and without paying any kobo to anybody. We all got out permits. Just be sincere and get the right documents.

Hello.

Please I need info on getting PR my self based on what you said.

By Gods Grace would be in SA soon. But need to get info to get our papers Right.

My wife wants to go for her masters. And I plan coming as well.with out son.

What advise can you give.?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 9:35pm On Apr 03, 2015
yehmi01:

Hello.

Please I need info on getting PR my self based on what you said.

By Gods Grace would be in SA soon. But need to get info to get our papers Right.

My wife wants to go for her masters. And I plan coming as well.with out son.

What advise can you give.?

Is it not better if your wife gets a study permit, and you apply for an accompanying spousal permit? According to the new rules, you can't apply for anything with a visitor visa while in SA.
So from a visitor visa to asylum to PR, I don't know how possible it is.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yehmi01(m): 11:40pm On Apr 03, 2015
sultan003:

Is it not better if your wife gets a study permit, and you apply for an accompanying spousal permit? According to the new rules, you can't apply for anything with a visitor visa while in SA.
So from a visitor visa to asylum to PR, I don't know how possible it is.

Please is dir a site or a link where I can read up this rules.

Honestly I need info.

We were after what was sure would work out to enable both of us with our son come along. Cos I was told SA visa people can be very funny.

Getting all the paper works done from here is no issue. But before I meet the other person in SA I want to confirm if this is valid

Please any info will do right now.

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 11:44pm On Apr 03, 2015
They don't normally ask but being a first timer, he may be asked certain questions which relates to BTA, hotel bookings e.t.c. Even if his host will bear the expense, he is expected to have a reasonable amount with him. Hence, my advice is that he sorts it out before leaving so as to avoid being interrogated unduly.

- Of course yes but he should still hold some cash. The debit card can even be used here for withdrawals and payments.
- The yellow card does not need to be certified. Normal copies are ok but ensure that you hold d original.
- The letter of invitation can either be handwritten or typed but duly signed.
- Its okay. They won't have problems with it.
godownson:
Hello house, pls I got Few questions to ask.
- a host is inviting my brother For a 2-weeks
holiday, will the SA immigration ask For BTA
from my brother at the airport (since the
invitation letter states that all expenses would
be covered by the host)?.
-can a person carry a debit bank card (having
enough cash) instead of dollars as BTA.
-will the the photocopy of yellow card that is
needed for visa application need to be
certified.
-should a letter oF invitation be hand-written
or typed.
Thanks.
- if a person has a 2-weeks return ticket and
books a hotel reservation for 1 week (paid), will
the immigration have problems with it?.
@ yinksob002 and other experienced peeps
here. Pls I need answers on these questions.
Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by godownson: 4:04am On Apr 04, 2015
yinksob002:
They don't normally ask but being a first timer, he may be asked certain questions which relates to BTA, hotel bookings e.t.c. Even if his host will bear the expense, he is expected to have a reasonable amount with him. Hence, my advice is that he sorts it out before leaving so as to avoid being interrogated unduly.

- Of course yes but he should still hold some cash. The debit card can even be used here for withdrawals and payments.
- The yellow card does not need to be certified. Normal copies are ok but ensure that you hold d original.
- The letter of invitation can either be handwritten or typed but duly signed.
- Its okay. They won't have problems with it.
Thanks bro.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by godownson: 4:07am On Apr 04, 2015
Please does the health dept at MMIA ikeja open on saturdays (today). My brother wants to go and get his yellow card.
Urgent answer pls.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 6:50am On Apr 04, 2015
@Yemi .....You can never convert Asylum to PR.NEVER! .Most Asylum given to Nigerians are just temporily slip to show they have applied it is not the refugee passport that is why many can't leave SA because if they do ,Visa will be needed to enter .if it was possible all Nigerians with Assylum here would ve gotten PR. Two weeks ago I was discussing with a guy he has spent 12years in SA I asked him how he got PR .he said he is using Asylum for 12years he can't convert to Pr .he will convert to work/study first before applying for PR.The asylum most Nigerians have are just slip that is y dey keep going for renewal ,if you have refugee passport u can apply for PR but with slip ...,,,never ! I was laughing within me when you mention that your target is to get PR,just like dat !Sir ....the easiest route to any country of the world is STUDY PERMIT .Both of you should get study permit (2years to 3years visa depending on program)before the expiring of the two years you figure out what u want to do .You mention Jobs?There are no jobs for SA citizens talkless of foreigners unless you are science oriented,medical professional ,IT or u have skills to generate your money .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 6:57am On Apr 04, 2015
yehmi01:

Hello All.

Am applying for SA visa for a visitation and we submitted last week at vsf lekki.

The plan is to relocate to SA because my wife want to go for masters and I plan working when I get dir and we have a son a well.

We were told to get a visit visa then get dir to do assylmum then convert to a PR.

Is this workable?visit and go back .Your visitor visa can't b converted to any temporary permit .

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 8:05am On Apr 04, 2015
Yes they do. The port health dept runs 24hrs a day, 7 days a week.
godownson:
Please does the health dept at MMIA ikeja open on saturdays (today). My brother wants to go and get his yellow card.
Urgent answer pls.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yehmi01(m): 8:17am On Apr 04, 2015
samtol4:
@Yemi .....You can never convert Asylum to PR.NEVER! .Most Asylum given to Nigerians are just temporily slip to show they have applied it is not the refugee passport that is why many can't leave SA because if they do ,Visa will be needed to enter .if it was possible all Nigerians with Assylum here would ve gotten PR. Two weeks ago I was discussing with a guy he has spent 12years in SA I asked him how he got PR .he said he is using Asylum for 12years he can't convert to Pr .he will convert to work/study first before applying for PR.The asylum most Nigerians have are just slip that is y dey keep going for renewal ,if you have refugee passport u can apply for PR but with slip ...,,,never ! I was laughing within me when you mention that your target is to get PR,just like dat !Sir ....the easiest route to any country of the world is STUDY PERMIT .Both of you should get study permit (2years to 3years visa depending on program)before the expiring of the two years you figure out what u want to do .You mention Jobs?There are no jobs for SA citizens talkless of foreigners unless you are science oriented,medical professional ,IT or u have skills to generate your money .

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by godownson: 9:41am On Apr 04, 2015
yinksob002:
Yes they do. The port health dept runs 24hrs a day, 7 days a week.
Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by uzhi(m): 11:58am On Apr 04, 2015
Go to d ministry of health at secretariat. It is 1k and u must present ur p/port.

quote author=yinksob002 post=32231126]I don't know the address for the port health dept in Abuja. However, u can check at d Intl airport overthere. There should be a port health dept at the abuja intl airport where u can obtain d yellow card. Just try and find out. All d best[/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 04, 2015
yehmi01:

Hello All.

Is this workable?

my dear,its nt advisable for u to do a visit visa,why dnt u do a permit,though u can still get an assylum if u use visit visa to enter,bt it will take many years for u to get a PR,something like 5years,I think its workable if u can wait it out,bt u re nt fit to go urself to d home affairs and do d assylum,u ve to do it with money,good luck
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 04, 2015
yehmi01:

Thanks
my dear,listen to d advice of samtol4,I knw nothing about dis immigration stuff dat much,bt I think anything is possible with money in SA,if u ve connections,bye
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:05pm On Apr 04, 2015
1miccza:

Gracie i have a sister with Visa issues do you know how she can go about it?
What are the issues?

Bring them in, there are those who have the right answers. I'll help where I can also
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:13pm On Apr 04, 2015
MojAyo:
my dear,listen to d advice of samtol4,I knw nothing about dis immigration stuff dat much,bt I think anything is possible with money in SA,if u ve connections,bye
You and connections, lol.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:50pm On Apr 04, 2015
HumbledbYGrace:
You and connections, lol.
I dey tell u,my frnd o,lol
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 1miccza: 3:06pm On Apr 04, 2015
HumbledbYGrace:
What are the issues?

Bring them in, there are those who have the right answers. I'll help where I can also

Aiit she first got a UK visa,then resubmitted for an SA visa,she fast tracked it and was expecting it by teusday she didn't get any notice of submission and all she had to cancel her flight and as i am talking to you she hasn't heard anything
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by NaGodwin: 6:18pm On Apr 04, 2015
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 5:11am On Apr 05, 2015
1miccza:

Aiit she first got a UK visa,then resubmitted for an SA visa,she fast tracked it and was expecting it by teusday she didn't get any notice of submission and all she had to cancel her flight and as i am talking to you she hasn't heard anything

Let her track it on the VFS website to know if it was submitted or not. If it wasn't she should go to VFS to ask what's up. If it was, she can go to the embassy to ask questions. Something may be delaying her application.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 5:13am On Apr 05, 2015
NaGodwin:
last week, i was denied a French schengen visa, they claimed that they could not ascertain that i will return before the visa expires, all my documents were intact, i believe its because my passport had no previous visa on it, i have only been to dubai
can i go ahead to apply for a south African visa now? please advise

i am a business owner, i have a healthy bank account with landed properties, can i apply with my younger sister to go with me to south africa? she is 29, she has 2 uk visas on her passport, though she didn't travel with any as she was supposed to travel with my uncle's family but they didn't make the trip.

if i can apply with her, can i use my account only?.

Even your own part is complicated - refused visa application. Now, you bring your sister into it again, another complicated situation. The embassy may find it difficult to grant you both permit. Individually, you each stand a chance, but together, your chances reduce.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 5:16am On Apr 05, 2015
godownson:
Hello house, pls I got Few questions to ask.
- a host is inviting my brother For a 2-weeks holiday, will the SA immigration ask For BTA from my brother at the airport (since the invitation letter states that all expenses would be covered by the host)?.
-can a person carry a debit bank card (having enough cash) instead of dollars as BTA.
-will the the photocopy of yellow card that is needed for visa application need to be certified.
-should a letter oF invitation be hand-written or typed.
Thanks.
- if a person has a 2-weeks return ticket and books a hotel reservation for 1 week (paid), will the immigration have problems with it?.

@ yinksob002 and other experienced peeps here. Pls I need answers on these questions.
Thanks.

I will only answer the part that hasn't been well answered. The majority have been well answered.

- if a person has a 2-weeks return ticket and books a hotel reservation for 1 week (paid), will the immigration have problems with it?. If your letter states your host will cover your expenses, they can simply include you will stay with them and you won't need any hotel reservation. But they will need to include their proof of accommodation. It is if they fail to state that you will stay with them that you may need hotel reservation.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 1miccza: 6:12am On Apr 05, 2015
TYPOP:

Let her track it on the VFS website to know if it was submitted or not. If it wasn't she should go to VFS to ask what's up. If it was, she can go to the embassy to ask questions. Something may be delaying her application.

Cheers.

Aiit thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by NaGodwin: 6:36am On Apr 05, 2015
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 7:15am On Apr 05, 2015
NaGodwin:
thanks for your advise, i will apply alone, do i still need an agent? how do i go about doing it myself?
please i need advise on how i can pay for the hotel, i really don't intend staying long, 5 days maximum, i just want to boost my travel history.

This is easy to do, you don't need any agent.

See my attachment

And visit their website http://www.dirco.gov.za/abuja/nonsacitizens.html

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by NaGodwin: 7:37am On Apr 05, 2015
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 8:50am On Apr 05, 2015
NaGodwin:
Thanks Justwise, please did you see the complications?
i was refused a french visa last week, what is your advise?
i will also be grateful if you can give me a clue on how to book and pay for the hotel.

I don't see any complication here, follow the form instruction and complete the form as honest as you can.

Your French visa refusal got little or nothing to do with this....if you are asked if you have been refused visa to any country before say yes and briefly state the reason(s) etc.

Use booking.com to search for hotel in SA, look for hotels in the city you will be staying. With your credit/master card you can book/make hotel reservation
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by NaGodwin: 8:59am On Apr 05, 2015
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 9:14am On Apr 05, 2015
NaGodwin:
Thanks for your time, in the form, they don't ask if applicant has been refused any visa before, should i state it in my introduction letter or add the refusal letter to the application? please advise.

Only answer the question you are asked in the form. No need attaching French refusal letter or include it in introduction letter
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by NaGodwin: 12:12pm On Apr 05, 2015

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (916) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.