Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,164 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1734613 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 1miccza: 1:18pm On Apr 05, 2015
TYPOP:

Let her track it on the VFS website to know if it was submitted or not. If it wasn't she should go to VFS to ask what's up. If it was, she can go to the embassy to ask questions. Something may be delaying her application.

Cheers.

Her collection slip is with them how then would she track it??
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by godownson: 1:42pm On Apr 05, 2015
TYPOP:

I will only answer the part that hasn't been well answered. The majority have been well answered.

- if a person has a 2-weeks return ticket and books a hotel reservation for 1 week (paid), will the immigration have problems with it?. If your letter states your host will cover your expenses, they can simply include you will stay with them and you won't need any hotel reservation. But they will need to include their proof of accommodation. It is if they fail to state that you will stay with them that you may need hotel reservation.

Cheers.
Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by akin3102(m): 5:58pm On Apr 06, 2015
Hello Gurus in da house,please how long does it take to process/fast track SA documents at the embassy.How does one fast track and how much will it cost with the visa processing? Needs to travel to SA next week for an official assignment.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elume2020(m): 4:45pm On Apr 07, 2015
Hi all,

Application for 2016 undergraduate intake is now on at the University of Johannesburg. Log in to www.uj.ac.za

Kind regards
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 6:25am On Apr 09, 2015
elume2020:
Hi all,

Application for 2016 undergraduate intake is now on at the University of Johannesburg. Log in to www.uj.ac.za

Kind regards

#Boss
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Growingboi(m): 4:05pm On Apr 09, 2015
[quote author=samtol4 post=31639599]Don't you have GTB,UBA ,Ecobank or First bank account?Please send message to your bank there is an error somewhere .[/quote

thank you at samtol4. how much is d xchange rate now both d charges n all? if one withdraws like 1000 rands wit d GTB OR UBA card, hw much ll b debit from one's account?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elume2020(m): 7:14pm On Apr 09, 2015
Suggestion to Seun Osewa the owner of Nairaland. Kindly move the closed icon beside the topics followed a bit far away. I have often times closed my followed topic especially this page in a bid to view the last page.
I hope the moderator of this page will forward this to the appropriate corners for consideration.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 7:22pm On Apr 09, 2015
[quote author=Growingboi post=32524969][/quote]

From experience, Exchange rate varies depending on which bank atm(absa, fnb, standard bank etc) you are withdrawing from.
Previously GTB use to charge N1000 per withdrawal from foreign atms, but I think it has reduced to N460 now.
Also the bank, you are using their atm for transactions will also deduct their own fee, standard bank charges R25 per withdrawal, am not sure about absa and the rest.
POS is free except for Ubafricard, they charge 2.75% per transaction.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Growingboi(m): 8:08pm On Apr 09, 2015
sultan003:

From experience, Exchange rate varies depending on which bank atm(absa, fnb, standard bank etc) you are withdrawing from.
Previously GTB use to charge N1000 per withdrawal from foreign atms, but I think it has reduced to N460 now.
Also the bank, you are using their atm for transactions will also deduct their own fee, standard bank charges R25 per withdrawal, am not sure about absa and the rest.
POS is free except for Ubafricard, they charge 2.75% per transaction.

thanks sultan003
is it per withdraw they charge on or percentage of the amount u withdraw.
i need to knw if am to buy rands from Nigeria or which would u advise me to do?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 9:01pm On Apr 09, 2015
Growingboi:

thanks sultan003
is it per withdraw they charge on or percentage of the amount u withdraw.
i need to knw if am to buy rands from Nigeria or which would u advise me to do?

Yes per withdrawal, POS is free... Ubafricard charges the percentage for PoS and N1000 per withdrawal...

You can buy rands and also have some naira in your bank account.. Just note that rands is expensive now with bureau de change, compared with the official exchange rate in the banks.
If you bank with stanbic ibtc, you can open a rands account with them, and deposit your rands inside, they don't charge for withdrawing rands
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Growingboi(m): 10:58pm On Apr 09, 2015
sultan003:

Yes per withdrawal, POS is free... Ubafricard charges the percentage for PoS and N1000 per withdrawal...

You can buy rands and also have some naira in your bank account.. Just note that rands is expensive now with bureau de change, compared with the official exchange rate in the banks.
If you bank with stanbic ibtc, you can open a rands account with them, and deposit your rands inside, they don't charge for withdrawing rands

Thanks for ur concern sultan003.
I use gtb nt uba.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by vonskyes(m): 1:41pm On Apr 10, 2015
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Shine1177: 10:33am On Apr 13, 2015
sultan003:

Can you explain this better? Tanx. Also how best can i transfer money to Nigeria from my Stabic bank account at official rate? Someone told me he can help but at N12.30 to a Rand, i like to make the transaction myself.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 11:24am On Apr 13, 2015
Qualifications:
Native English Speaker, Bachelor Degree, Teaching License, 1+ years teaching experience
Program name:
ADEC (Abu Dhabi Education Council)
Grade level:
Pre-School, Kindergarten, Grade 1, Grade 2, Grade 3, Grade 4, Grade 5, Grade 6, Grade 7, Grade 8, Grade 9, Grade 10, Grade 11, Grade 12
Positions available:
Position type:
Teacher (Certified/Licensed)
Subject:
All, English, Mathematics, Physical & Health Education, Science - General
Salary Range:
$3000-$5500/month
City:
Johannesburg
Region:
Africa
Apply
Apply Now to Teach with the Abu Dhabi Education Council
In-Person Interviews in Johannesburg on May 3, 2015

The Abu Dhabi Education Council (ADEC) is hosting interviews in South Africa for teaching positions in their public school system for the start of the next school year, August, 2015. To qualify for these positions you must be SACE registered and have at least one year's experience post-certification. ADEC is hiring teachers with the following specializations:

Reception (3½ to 5½ year olds)
Foundation Phase (Grades 1-3)
Intermediate Phase (Grades 4-5)
Senior Phase English (Grades 6-9)
Senior Phase Math (Grades 6-9)
Senior Phase Science (Grades 6-9)
Further Education and Training (FET) Phase English (Grades 10-12)
Foundation and Intermediate Phase Physical and Health Education

Teaching with ADEC means joining one of the largest educational reforms in the world. ADEC is redesigning their education system to allow their students options in life and their country a future after oil in becoming billingual in English and Arabic. You will be inspiring the minds of local students in Abu Dhabi through an outcomes based education system. Many of your students will be unable to speak English fluently so your influence will be all the more rewarding. You will need creativity, energy and passion to ignite the light-bulb moments for your students.

About Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi is the largest of the seven emirates in the United Arab Emirates and has become a major hub for expats living abroad. Life can be drastically different depending on where you are located. Abu Dhabi City is a vast metropolis where you will have access to modern amenities available in any major city. Al-Ain, a city of almost 600,000 people, is the traditional summer retreat for Emiratis due to its cooler climate and laid back lifestyle. Al Gharbia (the Western Region) is made up of multiple oases and smaller communities. You will get a more authentic cultural experience and join a very close-knit group of teachers there. Wherever you end up in Abu Dhabi you can expect to be greeted with warmth and be no more than three hours from the capital city.

Job Benefits

Competitive tax-free monthly salary starting at 12,300 AED ($3300 USD) to 20,400 AED ($5500 USD) depending on qualifications and experience
Airfare to and from Abu Dhabi for you and your dependents (your spouse and up to three biological children under 18)
Additional yearly airfare allowance for you and your dependents (your spouse and up to three biological children under 18).
One, two or three bedroom accommodation provided
Additional relocation allowance of 20,000AED to furnish housing
Local medical insurance for you and your dependents (your spouse and up to three biological children under 18)
Two months' vacation plus all national holidays
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 12:34pm On Apr 13, 2015
Shine1177:

Can you explain this better? Tanx. Also how best can i transfer money to Nigeria from my Stabic bank account at official rate? Someone told me he can help but at N12.30 to a Rand, i like to make the transaction myself.

is your stanbic account in naira or rands? if not you need to open an account in rands to be able to make any transaction
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Shine1177: 1:22pm On Apr 13, 2015
sultan003:

is your stanbic account in naira or rands? if not you need to open an account in rands to be able to make any transaction

Its in rand, I opened it in Durban. How do I transfer to my First Bank account at home?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 2:51pm On Apr 13, 2015
Shine1177:

Its in rand, I opened it in Durban. How do I transfer to my First Bank account at home?

Standard bank? Have you gone through your online banking portal? option for foreign transaction should be there. Initially i thought you were referring to stanbic ibtc(Nigeria)
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Shine1177: 12:18pm On Apr 14, 2015
sultan003:

Standard bank? Have you gone through your online banking portal? option for foreign transaction should be there. Initially i thought you were referring to stanbic ibtc(Nigeria)
I will get back to the bank to make enquiry, i asked the lady that opened the account, she my atm card is debit and not credit card so i can only use it within the republic. I go ask about this online banking. Tanx.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by madejibo: 8:20pm On Apr 14, 2015
samtol4:
@Yemi .....You can never convert Asylum to PR.NEVER! .Most Asylum given to Nigerians are just temporily slip to show they have applied it is not the refugee passport that is why many can't leave SA because if they do ,Visa will be needed to enter .if it was possible all Nigerians with Assylum here would ve gotten PR. Two weeks ago I was discussing with a guy he has spent 12years in SA I asked him how he got PR .he said he is using Asylum for 12years he can't convert to Pr .he will convert to work/study first before applying for PR.The asylum most Nigerians have are just slip that is y dey keep going for renewal ,if you have refugee passport u can apply for PR but with slip ...,,,never ! I was laughing within me when you mention that your target is to get PR,just like dat !Sir ....the easiest route to any country of the world is STUDY PERMIT .Both of you should get study permit (2years to 3years visa depending on program)before the expiring of the two years you figure out what u want to do .You mention Jobs?There are no jobs for SA citizens talkless of foreigners unless you are science oriented,medical professional ,IT or u have skills to genate your money .
God bless you my brother, Nigerians with no aim are the ones that come into SA and seek refugee, its so sad and this kills the dreams of people with bettter value. The guy has not even got a visa he is thinking of asylum. Asylum are for people that are not safe in their country or the country is at war, yet some Nigerians will come and claim this status, sad, spoiling the image of Nigeria in the process

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:27am On Apr 16, 2015
To all our guys in Durban, how are you people? We stand with you in these trying times. Please be safe. Better safe than sorry guys.

May God keep us all. Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 9:44am On Apr 16, 2015
TYPOP:
To all our guys in Durban, how are you people? We stand with you in these trying times. Please be safe. Better safe than sorry guys.

May God keep us all. Cheers.
YES TYPOP thanking you for your care .We are safe by grace .Tension has reduced now .Malawi government has started repatriation of her Citizens,Mozambique has followed suit .The High commissioner of Nigeria was with us few days ago to see situation on ground .We are safe but all foreigners have closed their shops .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 9:47am On Apr 16, 2015
It is well my brother. May God guide and protect us all (Amen)
samtol4:
YES TYPOP thanking you for your care .We are safe by grace .Tension has reduced now .Malawi government has started repatriation of her Citizens,Mozambique has followed suit .The High commissioner of Nigeria was with us few days ago to see situation on ground .We are safe but all foreigners have closed their shops .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by godownson: 5:05pm On Apr 16, 2015
hello house.
please i got 3 questions;
1- whom should an invitation letter be addressed to (at VFS or the appropriate body)?.
2- whats the current visa application fee (visit visa)?
3- if the documents (signed and dated) sent from a host to an a visa applicant is delayed for 4-5 days before submition for visa application, will it cause any issues.?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 6:40pm On Apr 16, 2015
In response to your questions:
1) The letter should be addressed to "The South African High Commission
2) its N18,500.00 for visitors visa
3) it is still in order and won't pose any problem provided the copies are certified by the host.

All the best
godownson:
hello house.
please i got 3 questions;
1- whom should an invitation letter be addressed to (at VFS or the appropriate body)?.
2- whats the current visa application fee (visit visa)?
3- if the documents (signed and dated) sent from a host to an a visa applicant is delayed for 4-5 days before submition for visa application, will it cause any issues.?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by godownson: 3:38am On Apr 17, 2015
yinksob002:
In response to your questions:
1) The letter should be addressed to "The South African High Commission
2) its N18,500.00 for visitors visa
3) it is still in order and won't pose any problem provided the copies are certified by the host.

All the best
great, thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bisi16(m): 2:51pm On Apr 18, 2015
Hi all.. can visa change/extension be done at any of the home offices (cape town) ? Must it be Pretoria?

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by akin3102(m): 3:37pm On Apr 18, 2015
How can someone,apply for this job?have a relative who might be interested..pls u can contact me on topeakinmoladun@gmail.com
samtol4:
Qualifications:
Native English Speaker, Bachelor Degree, Teaching License, 1+ years teaching experience
Program name:
ADEC (Abu Dhabi Education Council)
Grade level:
Pre-School, Kindergarten, Grade 1, Grade 2, Grade 3, Grade 4, Grade 5, Grade 6, Grade 7, Grade 8, Grade 9, Grade 10, Grade 11, Grade 12
Positions available:
Position type:
Teacher (Certified/Licensed)
Subject:
All, English, Mathematics, Physical & Health Education, Science - General
Salary Range:
$3000-$5500/month
City:
Johannesburg
Region:
Africa
Apply
Apply Now to Teach with the Abu Dhabi Education Council
In-Person Interviews in Johannesburg on May 3, 2015

The Abu Dhabi Education Council (ADEC) is hosting interviews in South Africa for teaching positions in their public school system for the start of the next school year, August, 2015. To qualify for these positions you must be SACE registered and have at least one year's experience post-certification. ADEC is hiring teachers with the following specializations:

Reception (3½ to 5½ year olds)
Foundation Phase (Grades 1-3)
Intermediate Phase (Grades 4-5)
Senior Phase English (Grades 6-9)
Senior Phase Math (Grades 6-9)
Senior Phase Science (Grades 6-9)
Further Education and Training (FET) Phase English (Grades 10-12)
Foundation and Intermediate Phase Physical and Health Education

Teaching with ADEC means joining one of the largest educational reforms in the world. ADEC is redesigning their education system to allow their students options in life and their country a future after oil in becoming billingual in English and Arabic. You will be inspiring the minds of local students in Abu Dhabi through an outcomes based education system. Many of your students will be unable to speak English fluently so your influence will be all the more rewarding. You will need creativity, energy and passion to ignite the light-bulb moments for your students.

About Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi is the largest of the seven emirates in the United Arab Emirates and has become a major hub for expats living abroad. Life can be drastically different depending on where you are located. Abu Dhabi City is a vast metropolis where you will have access to modern amenities available in any major city. Al-Ain, a city of almost 600,000 people, is the traditional summer retreat for Emiratis due to its cooler climate and laid back lifestyle. Al Gharbia (the Western Region) is made up of multiple oases and smaller communities. You will get a more authentic cultural experience and join a very close-knit group of teachers there. Wherever you end up in Abu Dhabi you can expect to be greeted with warmth and be no more than three hours from the capital city.

Job Benefits

Competitive tax-free monthly salary starting at 12,300 AED ($3300 USD) to 20,400 AED ($5500 USD) depending on qualifications and experience
Airfare to and from Abu Dhabi for you and your dependents (your spouse and up to three biological children under 18)
Additional yearly airfare allowance for you and your dependents (your spouse and up to three biological children under 18).
One, two or three bedroom accommodation provided
Additional relocation allowance of 20,000AED to furnish housing
Local medical insurance for you and your dependents (your spouse and up to three biological children under 18)
Two months' vacation plus all national holidays

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by laplace(m): 3:38pm On Apr 19, 2015
Thanks guys, for all the educative posts. Please is there any stipulated number of days for which my SA visa must be valid before I'm allowed entry into SA? I got a 3-month multiple entry in November and travelled. I got another 3-month multiple entry visa in March and travelled but I have a meeting in May during which my visa will still be valid. I heard that sometimes they insist it must be valid for 1 month or more before I am allowed entry,
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by olabanji88(m): 7:17pm On Apr 19, 2015
i have sent my applyicatn 2 saqa wat nxt uow do i know b dey v guotten it
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by godownson: 3:06am On Apr 20, 2015
hello house.
i got 2 questions pls.
1- on the visa applicatio form, one part of the 5th page asks;
what is your destination after leaving the republic?. and
do you hold a visa or permit or temporary or permanent residence in the country of your destination?.
^^^ these 2 questions confuse me cuz its a 2 weeks visa application with a return to nigeria so how do i answer the questions.
2- on the part that asks "occupation or profession", what do i fill?. tha applicant is 19yrs old and just finished secondary school so doesnt have a job and is yet to gain admission into the university. pls whats most appropriate to fill in?.
anyone with experience pls help clearify me. thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by BOWOTO(m): 7:16am On Apr 20, 2015
Please i need to know if this xenophobic attacks will affect a visa application.

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.