Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1735578 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 8:23am On Sep 22, 2015
simababe:
Pls my husband, myself and our 1yr old son want to apply for a tourist visa in south Africa. Please what are the procedures and is it true that we might have to bribe our way through in order to have our visas approved. We are going to j-burg for just 1week and would be lodging in an hotel. Pls I nid ur guidance. Thanks
You don't need to pay any bribe to anyone but ensure your documents are complete .The following are vital ;bank statement,letter of introduction,yellow fever card ,hotel,passport photograph reservation,flight itinerary and evidence of employment in Nigeria .

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 10:57am On Sep 22, 2015
You don't need to bribe anyone to get your visa. Just provide the basic documents and you will be fine. All the best
simababe:
Pls my husband, myself and our 1yr old son want to apply for a tourist visa in south Africa. Please what are the procedures and is it true that we might have to bribe our way through in order to have our visas approved. We are going to j-burg for just 1week and would be lodging in an hotel. Pls I nid ur guidance. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by meagainstdem: 2:03pm On Sep 22, 2015
My wife also is going for MSC in d same school with me with d kids but we were told to secure our visas separately first b4 applying for the kids through their mother.But what of d section in the form that requires one to fill dependant?In short, I don't know how we wil go about d kids in terms of where to apply(bcs I learnt their own application venue is different),d amount and all other sundry issues. Thank you and sorry for bothering u.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by simababe(f): 7:22pm On Sep 22, 2015
Abeg, will dey collect all doz document down and tell us to come back later. Do they do interview like us embassy. Abeg no mind my plenty question ooooo
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by aaamorg(m): 9:59pm On Sep 22, 2015
samtol4:
You don't nee
d to pay any bribe to anyone but ensure your documents are complete .The following are vital ;bank statement,letter of introduction,yellow fever card ,hotel,passport photograph reservation,flight itinerary and evidence of employment in Nigeria .
@samtol4 pls I have already got my Sa Visa bought my ticket too. pls I'm confused as to making hotel reservation and cos someone told me I have to pay cash as I could be disallowed at the point of entry if I did not pay for the hotel reservation in Sa. pls do advice me. thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by simababe(f): 10:01pm On Sep 22, 2015
@aaamorg did u do thre processing in lagos. Abeg were your documents returned that same day or were they collected from you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by aaamorg(m): 10:04pm On Sep 22, 2015
cornoil:
Thanks for the response. Can I reserve an hotel and pay when I get to South Africa? Also about the flight reservation,can I pay for it after I have obtained or sure of the visa?
@yinksob002
pls I have already got my Sa Visa bought my ticket too. pls I'm confused as to making hotel reservation and cos someone told me I have to pay cash as I could be disallowed at the point of entry if I did not pay for the hotel reservation in Sa. pls do advice me. thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by aaamorg(m): 10:11pm On Sep 22, 2015
simababe:
@aaamorg did u do thre processing in lagos. Abeg were your documents returned that same day or were they collected from you.
I did mine in Abj and none of the documents were returned to me.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 6:20am On Sep 23, 2015
aaamorg:

@samtol4 pls I have already got my Sa Visa bought my ticket too. pls I'm confused as to making hotel reservation and cos someone told me I have to pay cash as I could be disallowed at the point of entry if I did not pay for the hotel reservation in Sa. pls do advice me. thank you.
Don't pay for full hotel reservation.Book 7days and pay 1day in case immigration officer ask where u will stay
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 7:46am On Sep 23, 2015
Yes they will and remember to include photocopies of your previous visas (if any) as well as two copies of the bio data page of your international passport. No interview is required after submitting your documents and you will be duly informed via text msg when your passport is ready for collection. All the best
simababe:
Abeg, will dey collect all doz document down and tell us to come back later. Do they do interview like us embassy. Abeg no mind my plenty question ooooo

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 7:52am On Sep 23, 2015
If you truly intend to stay in the hotel for the entire duration of your stay, i will advise you to pay for the number of days you are staying and save yourself unnecessary questioning at the point of entry.

It really makes no difference if you pay for 1 or 2 days now knowing fully well that you will eventually pay for the remaining days upon getting to SA unless you have other alternative plans for accommodation.
aaamorg:

@yinksob002
pls I have already got my Sa Visa bought my ticket too. pls I'm confused as to making hotel reservation and cos someone told me I have to pay cash as I could be disallowed at the point of entry if I did not pay for the hotel reservation in Sa. pls do advice me. thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lobay24: 8:40am On Sep 23, 2015
meagainstdem:
My wife also is going for MSC in d same school with me with d kids but we were told to secure our visas separately first b4 applying for the kids through their mother.But what of d section in the form that requires one to fill dependant?In short, I don't know how we wil go about d kids in terms of where to apply(bcs I learnt their own application venue is different),d amount and all other sundry issues. Thank you and sorry for bothering u.

Hi, You can submit you application with your kids together with yours, the only thing is that you have to write their name on accompany part on the form, any relevant documents pertaining to your kids such as passport data page, there is no need to secure school for them from my own experience. I have a brother that submit his application together with his kid together. It will safe you a lots of stress, time and cost. To be sincere with you for coming to do PHD, they will not scrutinise your documents much. It is very rare to refuse a PHD applicant all over the world. Your wife may apply separately or even together if you have a good statement of acct.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 23, 2015
morpheus24:

I can only guess your crime must have involved a charge close to aggravated assault or aggravated battery or bodily injury. These convictions usually cary sentences greater than a year which would trigger deportation of an undesirable but then again I might be speculating. Your conviction will definitely pop up if you attempt visa's to developed countries in Europe, Australia and possibly Brazil. Brazil used to be a safe haven for individual who wanted to escape their past but with today's terrorism issues that is changing.

The applications for Visa's to South Africa[b] require police clearance for places where you have lived after the age of 18th so you might be asked to produce[/b] you might not. I know because I have an accountance who fled the US when he was charged with a crime. He disappeared into Europe but cannot find a Job or travel to some countries because the information from the US comes up on background checks.

Well, I'm here trying to apply my own common sense and I'm thinking that embassies would not require police clearances if convictions could just pop up as you mentioned. Actually embassies have no access to other countries' criminal records database, except the obvious neighbours like USA and Canada, Australia and New Zealand etc. This is why police clearances are required in order for them to make sure. If an applicant with a record does not mention it, chances are the record may never pop up, unless it was well-publicized in newspapers or google uses the person to shine grin

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 23, 2015
morpheus24:

I can only guess your crime must have involved a charge close to aggravated assault or aggravated battery or bodily injury. These convictions usually cary sentences greater than a year which would trigger deportation of an undesirable but then again I might be speculating. Your conviction will definitely pop up if you attempt visa's to developed countries in Europe, Australia and possibly Brazil. Brazil used to be a safe haven for individual who wanted to escape their past but with today's terrorism issues that is changing.

The applications for Visa's to South Africa require police clearance for places where you have lived after the age of 18th so you might be asked to produce you might not. I know because I have an accountance who fled the US when he was charged with a crime. He disappeared into Europe but cannot find a Job or travel to some countries because the information from the US comes up on background checks.

Well, I'm here trying to apply my own common sense and I'm thinking that embassies would not require police clearances if convictions could just pop up as you mentioned. Actually embassies have no access to other countries' criminal records database, except the obvious neighbours like USA and Canada, Australia and New Zealand etc. This is why police clearances are required in order for them to make sure. If an applicant with a record does not mention it, chances are the record may never pop up, unless it was well-publicized in newspapers or google uses the person to shine grin
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Anvicola: 6:31pm On Sep 23, 2015
I beg who knows a very good agent that can help me get southafrica visa in few weeks and how much it will cost. Thanks in anticipation
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:58pm On Sep 23, 2015
Anvicola:
I beg who knows a very good agent that can help me get southafrica visa in few weeks and how much it will cost. Thanks in anticipation

I'm an agent, but I'll be honest with you and say you really don't need one to get SA visa. Unless of course there's something else involved which you haven't mentioned.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Anvicola: 10:21pm On Sep 23, 2015
brainbucks:

I'm an agent, but I'll be honest with you and say you really don't need one to get SA visa. Unless of course there's something else involved which you haven't mentioned.

Ok ,@brainbucks actually I was informed that most agents don't need more than your international passport from you before they process the whole thing and visa is gonna be issued cos they've got insiders to do d visa tin.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tweb1: 10:41pm On Sep 23, 2015
I have an admission to study in S/A, at wits for 2016. Please do anyone know if the embassy at Lagos have started accepting applications for student visa?

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 6:44am On Sep 24, 2015
They will start accepting applications from November. Which programme are u pursuing at wits?
tweb1:
I have an admission to study in S/A, at wits for 2016. Please do anyone know if the embassy at Lagos have started accepting applications for student visa?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 24, 2015
Anvicola:

Ok ,@brainbucks actually I was informed that most agents don't need more than your international passport from you before they process the whole thing and visa is gonna be issued cos they've got insiders to do d visa tin.

Depends on what visa category you're tryna hustle anyways. But I do have a feeling that you're not as naive as you would wanna seem. Unless they've refunded that your Deutsch blocked account money and you now have more than enough to push an agent's ministry forward, you'll be best advised to DIY...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sovpounds(m): 6:19pm On Sep 24, 2015
abeg my fellow naija brothers and sisters wey dey live for SA make una help ur bros. i arrived johannesburg on the morning of September 21 and i flew to cape town yesterday. my problem be say since i comot naija i never chop eba. abeg make una tell me where naija restaurant dey for cape town. i still have a week to stay here before i return to naija.

cape town is beautiful but i wan chop eba abeg.thank you.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adebayo111: 6:30pm On Sep 24, 2015
I submitted my application since September 2 and am yet to get a text message. experts is it normal
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 24, 2015
sovpounds:
abeg my fellow naija brothers and sisters wey dey live for SA make una help ur bros. i arrived johannesburg on the morning of September 21 and i flew to cape town yesterday. my problem be say since i comot naija i never chop eba. abeg make una tell me where naija restaurant dey for cape town. i still have a week to stay here before i return to naija.

Make we hear abeg. Na who psyche you say you no fit survive even 10 days without some eba in yua life? Guy, go chop burger jhoor... I been dey Hawaii for 2yrs+ and I swear I no even see one single African restaurant to manage, not to talk of my dear ol'pounded yam. Come see where man dey chop bellyfull but still dey hungry. No matter how much of there food I chop, there was always that inner desperate hunger to just ordinary even smell aroma of dawadawa or palm oil. Na dat time I truly understand the value of dis play play small stout and isi-ewu wey I dey take for granted for 9ja. Just thank yua God say na only one week dey separate you from authentic food.

Unto other matters, I'm thinking of moving to Joburg by next March. How would you rate their development in comparison to more advanced global cities in US and Europe?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sovpounds(m): 7:08pm On Sep 24, 2015
brainbucks:

Make we hear abeg. Na who psyche you say you no fit survive even 10 days without some eba in yua life? Guy, go chop burger jhoor... I been dey Hawaii for 2yrs+ and I swear I no even see one single African restaurant to manage, not to talk of my dear ol'pounded yam. Come see where man dey chop bellyfull but still dey hungry. No matter how much of there food I chop, there was always that inner desperate hunger to just ordinary even smell aroma of dawadawa or palm oil. Na dat time I truly understand the value of dis play play small stout and isi-ewu wey I dey take for granted for 9ja. Just thank yua God say na only one week dey separate you from authentic food.

Unto other matters, I'm thinking of moving to Joburg by next March. How would you rate their development in comparison to more advanced global cities in US and Europe?

I lived in Europe for four years but I was impressed with the level of development here when I first visited last year.

But in terms of availability of jobs, that's another ball game. If you are a professional and can come in with their critical skills visa then you can come and try your luck.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 7:56pm On Sep 24, 2015
It's normal. Sometimes, it takes longer than expected. All the best
adebayo111:
I submitted my application since September 2 and am yet to get a text message. experts is it normal
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 24, 2015
sovpounds:

I lived in Europe for four years but I was impressed with the level of development here when I first visited last year.

But in terms of availability of jobs, that's another ball game. If you are a professional and can come in with their critical skills visa then you can come and try your luck.

Good looking out, brah. Naww I'm not really keen on feeding their xenophobic tendencies by heading out there only to go compete for inadequate job placements. I've got other entrepreneurial plans.

I'll be looking to get your take on your impression of interracial relationships, especially in Cape Town and Joburg, after your sojourn. I have a preference for a foreign potential bride but I fear those in US and Europe are too westernized to handle. So I figured SA might hold promise for me since it's closer to home with our African values.

A bit of your thoughts in that regard would be appreciated.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sovpounds(m): 1:17am On Sep 25, 2015
brainbucks:

Good looking out, brah. Naww I'm not really keen on feeding their xenophobic tendencies by heading out there only to go compete for inadequate job placements. I've got other entrepreneurial plans.

I'll be looking to get your take on your impression of interracial relationships, especially in Cape Town and Joburg, after your sojourn. I have a preference for a foreign potential bride but I fear those in US and Europe are too westernized to handle. So I figured SA might hold promise for me since it's closer to home with our African values.

A bit of your thoughts in that regard would be appreciated.

Alright i'll do that after ma trip. I still have a few days in Cape Town and another few days in Johannesburg before I return to Lagos.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tweb1: 5:49am On Sep 25, 2015
yinksob002:
They will start accepting applications from November. Which programme are u pursuing at wits?
Ok. I am going for Honours program.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tweb1: 6:01am On Sep 25, 2015
I am preparing to start my post graduate course by Feb 2016 in Joburg at wits. I want to get there on time and settle down with a part time job for my support before the program begins. I already have my eye on teaching as an option for a part time Job.
Please our Naija brothers and Sisters in SA, will it be cool to travel by January?
When do their secondary school resume in the new year?
Can i get a teaching Job online from here before i leave?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by meagainstdem: 7:20pm On Sep 25, 2015
[quote author=sovpounds post=38342668]abeg my fellow naija brothers and sisters wey dey live for SA make una help ur bros. i arrived johannesburg on the morning of September 21 and i flew to cape town yesterday. my problem be say since i comot naija i never chop eba. abeg make una tell me where naija restaurant dey for cape town. i still have a week to stay here before i return to naija.

Hello, u said Cape Town is beautiful. I got admission in their UCT for my PhD and I just wish u tell me what to expect in terms of beauty and comfortability as a first time traveller. I'm just too anxious because I'm thinking I'm not going to get a European match in SA. Ur take on this please. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lawyer2011: 1:51am On Sep 26, 2015
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lawyer2011: 2:12am On Sep 26, 2015
sovpounds:

It depends on your location. If you happen to be around the southern surburbs, there is a nice naija restaurant at Rodenbosch opposite Shoprite.

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.