Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1733235 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 6:21am On Oct 02, 2015
meagainstdem:

Splendid. I'm on scholarship and going for Electrical Engineering. I'v not paid tuition but i'v registered for their health plan. I'm actually going with my family bcs my wife is also going for her MSC in Nursing, so we will start d visa processing hopefully by November. Any input on the visa processing for us (Myself, wife and 2 kids) is welcome.
Make sure ur supervisor is not Neco nor Falowo. You can try Doldo but Doldo will not assist you academically, but he is nice, Neco and Falowo will frustrate you. UCT is the "wrongest" place for electrical but as a naija person you will pull through
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cutieme(m): 8:58am On Oct 02, 2015
sovpounds:

I am just reading this cos i have been busy exploring Cape Town. You would definitely get a European match in Cape Town. Lots of whites fly into Cape Town all the way from Europe for holiday. On my flight from Johannesburg to Cape Town the plane was a massive A340 and it was full to the brim and it was dominated by Europeans who flew from Europe. The man sitting on my left on the plane flew from London while the girl on my right flew 21 hours on 4 different flights to get to Cape Town. If Europeans can descend on Cape Town in their thousands for holiday you should know there is something special here that they cant get in Europe. Yesterday as I was having breakfast in the restaurant in my hotel a Nigerian approached me and asked me if I was a Nigerian and I said Yes, we started talking and he told me he came to South Africa from Nigeria in 1996 and moved to the United States after 10 years in 2006 after some years he left the United States and returned to South Africa. This shows that there is some thing special here. And from what I have discovered in the one week i've been here is that Cape Town has good infrastructure coupled with natural beauty (the table mountain and the other mountains) that cant be replicated anywhere.

Yesterday i went on the city bus tour on the red open roof double decker bus and we passed through Table Mountain, Camps Bay, Clifton, Bantry Bay, Sea Point, Green Point, Victoria & Alfred Waterfront popularly called V & A Waterfront.

Watch out for the beautiful beaches at Camps Bay and Clifton and try the Cable Car ride to the top of the most popular landmark in Cape Town, the Table Mountain (although i didnt do the ride because visibility was zero yesterday).

So dont worry about the European experience cos you would get it. Even the weather here is as cold as Europe. What you should be bothered about is whether the city would not distract you from your Ph D programme. grin
Hello bro can one get a job there?or is it a good place for business?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by meagainstdem: 11:14am On Oct 02, 2015
staggerlee:

Make sure ur supervisor is not Neco nor Falowo. You can try Doldo but Doldo will not assist you academically, but he is nice, Neco and Falowo will frustrate you. UCT is the "wrongest" place for electrical but as a naija person you will pull through

@ staggerlee,
Thanks for that brief hint. In actual sense, Neco is my supervisor and seems to be (virtually) nice to me. He assisted in pinning down my admission because I'v had to defer it 3 times. Funny enough for Falowo, he happens to be my lecturer here in Nigeria during my final year days in d university. I approached him for supervision first but later referred me to Dlodlo and Neco saying he already had enough student for that year. For Dlodlo, he accepted being my supervisor but cautioned me on the topic I first chose. I finally turned to Neco who accepted me all through. To me, one cannot have PhD cheaply anywhere in the world except you want to buy your way through which hardly happens anywhere also. If I can recollect your quote, Neco and Falowo are frustrating while Dlodlo will not help academically, but nice. So out of the three who is the best? Finally, I think what one needs in sailing through is the usual hardwork backed by thorough prayers for uncommon favours.
Once again, thanks a bunch. Please I will appreciate if I can get your email or phone number so we can talk one on one.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 12:14pm On Oct 02, 2015
meagainstdem:

@ staggerlee,
Thanks for that brief hint. In actual sense, Neco is my supervisor and seems to be (virtually) nice to me. He assisted in pinning down my admission because I'v had to defer it 3 times. Funny enough for Falowo, he happens to be my lecturer here in Nigeria during my final year days in d university. I approached him for supervision first but later referred me to Dlodlo and Neco saying he already had enough student for that year. For Dlodlo, he accepted being my supervisor but cautioned me on the topic I first chose. I finally turned to Neco who accepted me all through. To me, one cannot have PhD cheaply anywhere in the world except you want to buy your way through which hardly happens anywhere also. If I can recollect your quote, Neco and Falowo are frustrating while Dlodlo will not help academically, but nice. So out of the three who is the best? Finally, I think what one needs in sailing through is the usual hardwork backed by thorough prayers for uncommon favours.
Once again, thanks a bunch. Please I will appreciate if I can get your email or phone number so we can talk one on one.
Ok then wish u the best, Neco has a lot of students who have not graduated, even at masters level, I know a guy masters student, he went behind him and submitted his thesis, the external examiner passed him, Neco said his thesis didn't make sense, and the guy didn't graduate, the guy will push student to write papers, but won't contribute, if you need a letter from your supervisor to support maybe an application for scholarship, the guy will dull you. But all the best. When u come in I will get your digits and call you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 12:26pm On Oct 02, 2015
meagainstdem:

@ staggerlee,

Dlodlo's students graduate on time, how? I don't know, if u need any letter from ur supervisor to support any application he is willing to help. He is a nice man, good @ heart, but his knowledge in the academic world is shallow, Neco sef knows nothing, some even says he has no masters and he will push u without contributing, Falowo is dumb, you have to do eye service for falowo, very petty guy. There is a guy mungu, he is sound but a saddist, all of the by and large are sick, UCT is a good school, but electrical is bleeped, they just use the name of UCT, but students in electrical go thru hell, must masters students that graduate in electrical go elsewhere to get phd
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by meagainstdem: 8:43pm On Oct 02, 2015
[quote author=staggerlee post=38594038]

Imagine. Just in the name of having PhD. Nowhere in Nigeria is better either. I have friends that we finished masters together about six years ago and started their PhD immediately,up till now they and their supervisors are playing hide and seek game. In UK, some of our friends are shouting. They always link their plight to poor Nigeria background. Only in Malaysia I see some of my bosses finishing on time. God help us. U didn't respond to the mail I asked. Pls tell me about UCT and Cape Town generally. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by princebaby(m): 8:30am On Oct 03, 2015
How is hustling life in south africa any idea pls share I need advice b4 I travel
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by BOWOTO(m): 9:23am On Oct 03, 2015
princebaby:
How is hustling life in south africa any idea pls share I need advice b4 I travel
Having a hand work here will help a lot, don't think you'll just come here and get a job, you'll end up selling drugs or Internet scam, even that is not easy to start, juts learn a skill, you'll make good money.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cutieme(m): 12:09pm On Oct 03, 2015
BOWOTO:
Having a hand work here will help a lot, don't think you'll just come here and get a job, you'll end up selling drugs or Internet scam, even that is not easy to start, juts learn a skill, you'll make good money.
like which skill bro
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by BOWOTO(m): 12:13pm On Oct 03, 2015
cutieme:
like which skill bro
Mechanical engineering, Barber, Hair dressing, any hand Job really.. A barber in my mums salon was paid 4500 rands, that's 62,600 naira... and he's being paid that cause he doesn't have much clients. Hand work pays here just be legal.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 03, 2015
Same with restaurant and pub
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:45am On Oct 04, 2015
Keneking:
Same with restaurant and pub

Not too sure, especially about the latter because, according to SA government, they are not too keen on having such industries being promoted - and certainly not by foreigners.

However, I can acknowledge that the real situation on ground may prove you less wrong than I'm suggesting.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by princebaby(m): 8:32pm On Oct 04, 2015
Pls is it a must that I must have working permit? If yes how will I get that
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 04, 2015
princebaby:
Pls is it a must that I must have working permit? If yes how will I get that

Wonderful question!

You don't sound like you even have a plan. You seem to just wanna up and bolt to South Africa to "hustle" without the slightest clue of how difficult life is there even for South Africans (blacks particularly) who are fed up with migrants trooping in blindly to compete with them for the little hope they have left.

This usually ends up in one of two ways:

1. Visa abuse and violation leading to illegal residence and adding to the growing statistic of Nigerians dragging our name in the mud.

2. Target of hate and xenophobia when it becomes obvious you had no plan but to add to South Africa's many unsolved problems.

Use your head. Think ahead!

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by princebaby(m): 11:15pm On Oct 05, 2015
Am just chating with a frnd of mine who is a south africa woman she just tell me that xenophobia is still going on
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ajibesin: 11:50am On Oct 06, 2015
Hi Nairalanders,
I would like to know if the documents are required to be submitted in B/W or coloured? I am planning to apply for a tourist visa and a lot of things are going through the head because this happens to be my first visa application. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 06, 2015
Ajibesin:
Hi Nairalanders,
I would like to know if the documents are required to be submitted in B/W or coloured? I am planning to apply for a tourist visa and a lot of things are going through the head because this happens to be my first visa application. Thanks

Lol...funny but not nearly unusual.

Normally, Black and White should more than certainly do.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by BOWOTO(m): 5:16pm On Oct 06, 2015
princebaby:
Am just chating with a frnd of mine who is a south africa woman she just tell me that xenophobia is still going on
She doesn't want you in south africa

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ajibesin: 7:58am On Oct 07, 2015
brainbucks:

Lol...funny but not nearly unusual.

Normally, Black and White should more than certainly do.

thanks m8
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by knightfemi: 7:59pm On Oct 07, 2015
Can someone tell if proxy passport collection is allowed by VFS Global and also the requirements for proxy collection? Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by princebaby(m): 10:18pm On Oct 07, 2015
Thanx for this room cause now am learning how to barb hair right nw! Cause I need hand work b4 I travel! Just that I don't knw hw diffcult it will be for me to start working for sum one over dia
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by corpROYAL(m): 9:35am On Oct 08, 2015
BOWOTO:
Hello forum, I will be going to southafrica next week, I will be going with an invitation and my host will be taking care of my accommodation and welfare, do I still need bta?

sorry, l want to ask if someone having invitation from host, is the person not going to apply for visa again because of this invitation? since the host will be talking care of the welfare and accommodation as l heard you talking about going with invitation letter from your host. kindly clarify. thank you !
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ifyalways(f): 3:49pm On Oct 08, 2015
Hello Room. I need someone resident in SA to make a direct bank deposit of 305 ZAR for me while i pay him/her the naira equivalence in any Nigerian bank. Its something I cant pay for online. If you can kindly quote me here. Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by BOWOTO(m): 4:41pm On Oct 08, 2015
corpROYAL:

sorry, l want to ask if someone having invitation from host, is the person not going to apply for visa again because of this invitation? since the host will be talking care of the welfare and accommodation as l heard you talking about going with invitation letter from your host. kindly clarify. thank you !
You need an invitation to apply for a visit visa, and you still need to present that same invitation at the point of entry.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Saperp(m): 2:33pm On Oct 09, 2015
ifyalways:
Hello Room. I need someone resident in SA to make a direct bank deposit of 305 ZAR for me while i pay him/her the naira equivalence in any Nigerian bank. Its something I cant pay for online. If you can kindly quote me here. Thanks.

The payment is for what? You can inbox me.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ifyalways(f): 6:11am On Oct 10, 2015
Saperp:

The payment is for what? You can inbox me.
Thank you. Problem long solved.

EDIT: I Pm'ed you now.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by BOWOTO(m): 8:03am On Oct 10, 2015
princebaby:
Thanx for this room cause now am learning how to barb hair right nw! Cause I need hand work b4 I travel! Just that I don't knw hw diffcult it will be for me to start working for sum one over dia
You're on the right track believe me, just be as good as you can, you'll earn more than some professional workers, just be diligent.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by moneyhungry(m): 11:54am On Oct 12, 2015
princebaby:
One of the best types of informal skills that sells in SA is any skill related to autos/cars.
General mechanic
Car spray painting
Panel beating
Auto-electrical
Wheel aligning
Windscreen fixing
Car diagnostics.
Also electrical skills are good too.
Even if it takes one year to learn and perfect any of these skills before coming, you won't regret it and it will pay you. There are lots of cars in SA due to the simple car credit system, hence the opportunity for skilled auto jobmen to make money.
Don't come to SA without a good SCIENCE degree, enough capital for business (at least 700k) or mastering a good skill (auto or electrical are best in my opinion).
If you come to SA without any of the three things listed, you might end up on the street and forced to sell drugs. Again, not even all drug sellers get rich. Some of them can't even pay their rent or feed.
I'm not discouraging anyone from coming to SA (truth is, SA is far better than naija), but having a plan and purpose before coming is vital.
Life here has made me realized that nigerians are extra-ordinary people. The hustling spirit in us is unique and unmatched ( even though I don't support the illegal trades most of us indulge in).
I've seen lots of us go from NOTHING to SOMETHING. That's partly why they hate us.
#BigDreams#

4 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by FeyiDOT(m): 11:19am On Oct 13, 2015
Hello house, I want to apply for a study permit here in south africa. I want to know the documents I need to submit and how much money will it cost me. Pls I need answers urgently. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.