Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,598 members, 7,827,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1740059 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (916) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 27, 2015
[quote author=meagainstdem post=38376023][/quote]

Congrats ..what are studying at UCT?

Cape Town is beautiful. The campus is great ..are you in Upper campus? Amazing resources and top class infrastructure to support any forward looking student. I hear the registration is Feb 16 for PG. Have you paid tuition? Or are you on scholarship? Are you living in one of the school's accommodation ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by meagainstdem: 9:47pm On Sep 27, 2015
Keneking:

Congrats ..what are studying at UCT?

Cape Town is beautiful. The campus is great ..are you in Upper campus? Amazing resources and top class infrastructure to support any forward looking student. I hear the registration is Feb 16 for PG. Have you paid tuition? Or are you on scholarship? Are you living in one of the school's accommodation ?

Splendid. I'm on scholarship and going for Electrical Engineering. I'v not paid tuition but i'v registered for their health plan. I'm actually going with my family bcs my wife is also going for her MSC in Nursing, so we will start d visa processing hopefully by November. Any input on the visa processing for us (Myself, wife and 2 kids) is welcome.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 27, 2015
meagainstdem:

Splendid. I'm on scholarship and going for Electrical Engineering. I'v not paid tuition but i'v registered for their health plan. I'm actually going with my family bcs my wife is also going for her MSC in Nursing, so we will start d visa processing hopefully by November. Any input on the visa processing for us (Myself, wife and 2 kids) is welcome.

Same stage with me. I was a visiting student at UCT recently and in process of gaining full time entry....process ongoing.

The visa processing is multifaceted. Three years student visa for PhD in first instance. According to available information online, it might cost approximately 200K excluding bank balance etc.

I think IAPO\UCT would assist just in case you encounter some problems.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by volexy: 5:31am On Sep 28, 2015
@brainbucks plz I need ur help, I want apply for SA visiting visa with my wife. This are the documents I have below:
1) bank statement (bal 1million)
2) company name (enterprises)
3) tax clearance
4) marriage cert ( affidavits)
5) C of O

Pls can I use it to apply and if there is other document I need to get tell me I will try and get them.
Thanks in advance
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by growth: 7:06am On Sep 28, 2015
simababe:
Pls my husband, myself and our 1yr old son want to apply for a tourist visa in south Africa. Please what are the procedures and itq true that we might have to bribe our way through in order to have our visas approved. We are going to j-burg for just 1week and would be lodging in an hotel. Pls I nid urshould help usnce. Thanks

Hi simababe am also in the same condition . I want to travel for tourism with my wife and my two kids. But where the confusion is is how to package the application. my questions are: are we submitting each form for each applicants for my wife and my two kids. And will embassy fee be paid for each of us including our kids. Please someone should help us. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by nadesh(f): 11:36am On Sep 28, 2015
ok
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by martyns303(m): 1:14pm On Sep 28, 2015
nadesh:
Please how do i write the Letter of Undertaking for health Insurance renewal for student visa? Can i write it myself or someone else have to write it for me? Urgent, plss help . I am abt to do a yearly insurance with momentum but my problem is how to write the letter of Undertaking.
SAE institute.

Cc Martyns303

Don't know how u knew I schooled there, I used momentum too for about a year, but changed to a cheaper service. In both cases I used someone to get it done for me. Will inquire for u.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by nadesh(f): 1:18pm On Sep 28, 2015
martyns303:

Don't know how u knew I schooled there, I used momentum too for about a year, but changed to a cheaper service. In both cases I used someone to get it done for me. Will inquire for u.
Ok
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adebayo111: 1:35pm On Sep 28, 2015
House please help me wiith numbers to call to track my application at the vfs Abuja. The tracking website is down and the numbers on the vfs site is not going thru except one which was not answered.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by martyns303(m): 1:46pm On Sep 28, 2015
nadesh:

You mentioned SAE in one of your posts wink but bros, u are missing my question. I went to the embassy and in the list of requirements i was given was Letter of undertaking (health insurance renewal). I want to know how you wrote that.

Baba u made it sound different the first time, sorry my bad. Everything was handled by the school, I only filled the online print out and submitted, and I doubt it was a requirement then, went through their main office and not the submission and collection center at Lobito I.e if u are in Abj. Again I will inquire and let u know. Sorry for the plenty grammer.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by martyns303(m): 1:52pm On Sep 28, 2015
adebayo111:
House please help me wiith numbers to call to track my application at the vfs Abuja. The tracking website is down and the numbers on the vfs site is not going thru except one which was not answered.

Baba beside the tracking number they gave to u, I doubt they will take calls to track it for u. Either way when it's ready collection they will alert you by both sms and mail.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 28, 2015
volexy:
@brainbucks plz I need ur help, I want apply for SA visiting visa with my wife. This are the documents I have below:
1) bank statement (bal 1million)
2) company name (enterprises)
3) tax clearance
4) marriage cert ( affidavits)
5) C of O

Pls can I use it to apply and if there is other document I need to get tell me I will try and get them.
Thanks in advance

Yea, you'll be needing to attach them to your application. However, for your application to be complete, you should also ensure to include:

1. A Letter of Introduction that states your connection to 2, 3 and 5 that you listed.
2. A confirmed flight reservation for both of you.
3. An accommodation arrangement that can be verified directly from whoever is reserving the accommodation for the duration of your stay.
4. Yellow fever (vaccination) card that is up to date for both of you.
5. And then, of course, the usuals i.e. completed application form, passports etc.

You should be good to go with all that, as long as they are verifiable and free of any forgeries or anything like that.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by nadesh(f): 3:18pm On Sep 28, 2015
martyns303:

Baba u made it sound different the first time, sorry my bad. Everything was handled by the school, I only filled the online print out and submitted, and I doubt it was a requirement then, went through their main office and not the submission and collection center at Lobito I.e if u are in Abj. Again I will inquire and let u know. Sorry for the plenty grammer.
smiley
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sovpounds(m): 1:14am On Sep 30, 2015
[quote author=meagainstdem post=38376023][/quote]

I am just reading this cos i have been busy exploring Cape Town. You would definitely get a European match in Cape Town. Lots of whites fly into Cape Town all the way from Europe for holiday. On my flight from Johannesburg to Cape Town the plane was a massive A340 and it was full to the brim and it was dominated by Europeans who flew from Europe. The man sitting on my left on the plane flew from London while the girl on my right flew 21 hours on 4 different flights to get to Cape Town. If Europeans can descend on Cape Town in their thousands for holiday you should know there is something special here that they cant get in Europe. Yesterday as I was having breakfast in the restaurant in my hotel a Nigerian approached me and asked me if I was a Nigerian and I said Yes, we started talking and he told me he came to South Africa from Nigeria in 1996 and moved to the United States after 10 years in 2006 after some years he left the United States and returned to South Africa. This shows that there is some thing special here. And from what I have discovered in the one week i've been here is that Cape Town has good infrastructure coupled with natural beauty (the table mountain and the other mountains) that cant be replicated anywhere.

Yesterday i went on the city bus tour on the red open roof double decker bus and we passed through Table Mountain, Camps Bay, Clifton, Bantry Bay, Sea Point, Green Point, Victoria & Alfred Waterfront popularly called V & A Waterfront.

Watch out for the beautiful beaches at Camps Bay and Clifton and try the Cable Car ride to the top of the most popular landmark in Cape Town, the Table Mountain (although i didnt do the ride because visibility was zero yesterday).

So dont worry about the European experience cos you would get it. Even the weather here is as cold as Europe. What you should be bothered about is whether the city would not distract you from your Ph D programme. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sovpounds(m): 1:27am On Sep 30, 2015
lawyer2011:

It depends on your location. If you happen to be around the southern surburbs, there is a nice naija restaurant at Rodenbosch opposite Shoprite.

Thank you. I am in Cape Town City Centre. I was able to locate a naija restaurant near 89 on Loop Street by the corner of Longmarket Street. I ate eba, egusi soup and fish. I was so happy to eat eba but they didnt have naija beer Star or Gulder to wash it down. But I spotted naija malt drink in their fridge. For the benefit of nairalanders who may find themselves in Cape Town in the future you can try that place.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by BOWOTO(m): 8:58am On Sep 30, 2015
sovpounds:

Thank you. I am in Cape Town City Centre. I was able to locate a naija restaurant near 89 on Loop Street by the corner of Longmarket Street. I ate eba, egusi soup and fish. I was so happy to eat eba but they didnt have naija beer Star or Gulder to wash it down. But I spotted naija malt drink in their fridge. For the benefit of nairalanders who may find themselves in Cape Town in the future you can try that place.
Come to Parklands, you will eat naija foodd tire!!

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by BOWOTO(m): 9:00am On Sep 30, 2015
I love Cape Town!!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Anvicola: 12:07pm On Sep 30, 2015
BOWOTO:
I love Cape Town!!
bro how u dey, i dey follow this trend nd really appreciate u. I beg i wanna cum to southafrica to come huzzle, though i'm a first degree holder and i'm tired of naija(u knw wat i mean). Can u link me wit a very gud agent to help me wit d visa tin. I beg i be JJC. Kindly assist a brother

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by BOWOTO(m): 1:57pm On Sep 30, 2015
Anvicola:
bro how u dey, i dey follow this trend nd really appreciate u. I beg i wanna cum to southafrica to come huzzle, though i'm a first degree holder and i'm tired of naija(u knw wat i mean). Can u link me wit a very gud agent to help me wit d visa tin. I beg i be JJC. Kindly assist a brother
sure fam...... mikey_bowo@yahoo.com i will hook u up
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 30, 2015
sovpounds:

You mean R40 per plate cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 30, 2015
Keneking:

abeg eh from where exactly has R40 entered this orishirishi equation?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by meagainstdem: 5:10pm On Sep 30, 2015
[quote author=sovpounds post=38516199]

Thanks for d comprehensive write up. U made my head swell. I'm relieved now. Can't wait to be there in January by God's grace. But mind u, I'm a child of God so nothing can distract me. grin grin grin
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 7:14pm On Sep 30, 2015
@Sovpounds: You suppose bag title for Capetown as u don tour everywhere finish sef...lol. Hope you really enjoyed your stay sha.. All the best
sovpounds:

I am just reading this cos i have been busy exploring Cape Town. You would definitely get a European match in Cape Town. Lots of whites fly into Cape Town all the way from Europe for holiday. On my flight from Johannesburg to Cape Town the plane was a massive A340 and it was full to the brim and it was dominated by Europeans who flew from Europe. The man sitting on my left on the plane flew from London while the girl on my right flew 21 hours on 4 different flights to get to Cape Town. If Europeans can descend on Cape Town in their thousands for holiday you should know there is something special here that they cant get in Europe. Yesterday as I was having breakfast in the restaurant in my hotel a Nigerian approached me and asked me if I was a Nigerian and I said Yes, we started talking and he told me he came to South Africa from Nigeria in 1996 and moved to the United States after 10 years in 2006 after some years he left the United States and returned to South Africa. This shows that there is some thing special here. And from what I have discovered in the one week i've been here is that Cape Town has good infrastructure coupled with natural beauty (the table mountain and the other mountains) that cant be replicated anywhere.

Yesterday i went on the city bus tour on the red open roof double decker bus and we passed through Table Mountain, Camps Bay, Clifton, Bantry Bay, Sea Point, Green Point, Victoria & Alfred Waterfront popularly called V & A Waterfront.

Watch out for the beautiful beaches at Camps Bay and Clifton and try the Cable Car ride to the top of the most popular landmark in Cape Town, the Table Mountain (although i didnt do the ride because visibility was zero yesterday).

So dont worry about the European experience cos you would get it. Even the weather here is as cold as Europe. What you should be bothered about is whether the city would not distract you from your Ph D programme. grin

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sovpounds(m): 9:54pm On Sep 30, 2015
BOWOTO:
Come to Parklands, you will eat naija foodd tire!!
ok thank you, i would take note of that when next i visit cape town. i flew out of cape town this afternoon.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sovpounds(m): 10:02pm On Sep 30, 2015
yinksob002:
@Sovpounds: You suppose bag title for Capetown as u don tour everywhere finish sef...lol. Hope you really enjoyed your stay sha.. All the best

Lol, you are right. i enjoyed my self and i ain't exaggerating. i flew out of cape town today, i dey johannesburg now. i go dey here a few days then na Lagos get me.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sovpounds(m): 10:09pm On Sep 30, 2015
[quote author=meagainstdem post=38537090][/quote]

good, i wish you success in your future endeavours in cape town.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sovpounds(m): 10:17pm On Sep 30, 2015
Keneking:

na R80 per plate wey i pay. i know i ate naija food for R40 in hillbrow last year. but hillbrow and cape town no be the same thing na.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by onyekachi122: 4:02am On Oct 01, 2015
Am new here and I want to know something are they asking questions in abuja before they issues ST visa because am going to embassy tomorrow for DA visa

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (916) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.