Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,649 members, 7,958,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 08:23 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1830025 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (936) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chelseabmw(m): 12:00pm On Dec 21, 2012
Will the immigration/sss disturb me if i am to hold the sum of $2000 as bta? Cos i need to buy lot of things over there
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 11:58am On Dec 22, 2012
chelseabmw: Will the immigration/sss disturb me if i am to hold the sum of $2000 as bta? Cos i need to buy lot of things over there
If they ask you about your BTA, try and declare whatever you have on you but don't be surprise that no one will ask you. Besides, that amount is not that much so you won't have any prob with that.

Gbamm over n out

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by henrychubayo: 9:24pm On Dec 22, 2012
Arrangements has been made by the Home affairs department of south african to issue less or easy visas to people interested in coming to watch the nations cup tournament. They even bring out a website where you could pay them and visas and hotels and tickets will be made available by them.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chelseabmw(m): 10:59pm On Dec 22, 2012
collinsfbi: If they ask you about your BTA, try and declare whatever you have on you but don't be surprise that no one will ask you. Besides, that amount is not that much so you won't have any prob with that.

Gbamm over n out

Thanks boss....I was told to apply for master card here in nigeria with my bank...and that i can use it over there with their atm machine..How true is that? Does first bank have such facility?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 23, 2012
chelseabmw:

Thanks boss....I was told to apply for master card here in nigeria with my bank...and that i can use it over there with their atm machine..How true is that? Does first bank have such facility?
yeah ur master card would work anywhere in the world as long as the atm have a mastercard logo..

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chelseabmw(m): 11:26pm On Dec 23, 2012
chelseabmw:

tnx boss....will go check with them tomorrow
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by STENACO: 4:50am On Dec 24, 2012
I was requested to come at the embassy after three months of my submission for a study permit without a response and I was told that they can't find the passport I used for the application that I should bring another one for them. I did thinking they are going to give me my permit after that still they said I should come by first week of January to collect my international passport. I told them that I made a booking to travel by 29th of december still they could not listen and insisted I should come next year which will make it four months they have my international passport.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by STENACO: 4:51am On Dec 24, 2012
I was requested to come at the embassy after three months of my submission for a study permit without a response and I was told that they can't find the passport I used for the application that I should bring another one for them. I did thinking they are going to give me my permit after that still they said I should come by first week of January to collect my international passport. I told them that I made a booking to travel by 29th of december still they could not listen and insisted I should come next year which will make it four months they have my international passport.I don't know if anything is wrong. They year I have in my passport is less than the years I am supposed to stay in south africa I don't know if that will be a problem
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by youngbilly1: 10:07pm On Dec 25, 2012
Pls help me, i was given option from a travel agent to apply for either a 3months visa or 1yr visa, i applied for 1yr visa and for about 3 months now, no news, i keep calling my agent sometimes he pick up n say its not ready yet sometimes he doesn't now am wondering maybe its a scam or sumin, i paid 60k and was gonna balance up later when the job is done
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jub009: 11:37pm On Dec 25, 2012
I guess he just rip u off.

youngbilly1: Pls help me, i was given option from a travel agent to apply for either a 3months visa or 1yr visa, i applied for 1yr visa and for about 3 months now, no news, i keep calling my agent sometimes he pick up n say its not ready yet sometimes he doesn't now am wondering maybe its a scam or sumin, i paid 60k and was gonna balance up later when the job is done
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chelseabmw(m): 7:47am On Dec 26, 2012
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chelseabmw(m): 7:47am On Dec 26, 2012
Be patient as God will do it for u.......na wah for agent oo
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 10:15am On Dec 26, 2012
youngbilly1: Pls help me, i was given option from a travel agent to apply for either a 3months visa or 1yr visa, i applied for 1yr visa and for about 3 months now, no news, i keep calling my agent sometimes he pick up n say its not ready yet sometimes he doesn't now am wondering maybe its a scam or sumin, i paid 60k and was gonna balance up later when the job is done
did u submit at south african visa application centre yourself the documents arranged for u by ur agent. or u gave him ur passport in expectation to deliver it to youwith da visa in it ?if thats d case then he has ripped u cos it doesnt work dat way but if u submitted urself you are bit safe and u can track the status of ur application online using the reference num on yur receipt. also its impossible to get 1 yr visa also being fact ure first timer
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by youngbilly1: 10:25am On Dec 26, 2012
I gave him my passport in expectation to get the visa in it, he said he was gonna get a the 1yr visa from ghana and at the moment my passport is in ghana, we spoke today, he said my other friends visa is out because we were two who did together.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by youngbilly1: 10:29am On Dec 26, 2012
I met him tru a friend who he help get a south african 3 months visa, so am wondering why he wanna rip me off or sumin, well if he did, is there a way i can get my passport back or i have to re apply?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 10:56am On Dec 26, 2012
youngbilly1: I gave him my passport in expectation to get the visa in it, he said he was gonna get a the 1yr visa from ghana and at the moment my passport is in ghana, we spoke today, he said my other friends visa is out because we were two who did together.

Pray that you get your passport back, forget about the money you wished him happy xmas with that money. Also pray that South Africa will not ban you for some years.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by youngbilly1: 11:06am On Dec 26, 2012
oh boy na wa oo
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 11:51am On Dec 26, 2012
I wonder why you have to come here at this time to mess yourself up. When you were dealing with him nobody knew about it and I think you should face the music all alone. Try and appeal to him, am sure he can get you additional 1year making 2years tourist visa. Gullible pple like you will never learn until visa agents finish you off. You should celebrate if you are able to get your passport back without having issue with the embassy that may affect you in the future. Nigerian passport holders without Ghanaian residence permit cannot apply for SA tourist visa through Ghana, I may not be sure of other countries but I am 100% sure of SA visa.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jub009: 12:14pm On Dec 26, 2012
@ chelseabmw, pls hw did u go abt d itineary ticket .
chelseabmw:

Yea i was approved really fast which was just within 5 working days.I submited just six documents and they are as follows

1: International Passport
2: Hotel Reservation
3: Evidence Of Flight Ticket
4: Bank Statement ( 300k inside my account )
5: Yellow Card
6: Letter of Identification/Incorp of my working place( This letter shows that am going for vacation for less than a month..Duely signed by my MD.

It was a visitors visa.When i applied i stated that i was going to spend just 9days.Yes,this is my first time of applying for a visa.I wasn't asked to pay any 110k.I was only sent that text message for me to come pick up my passport..If you have any further question please ask
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jub009: 12:23pm On Dec 26, 2012
@ chief collinsfbi, pls need some assistant as regards booking itineary ticket,i hv all my document set against Jan 7th, will love to visit for d upcoming nation cup . Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by youngbilly1: 3:20pm On Dec 26, 2012
collinsfbi: I wonder why you have to come here at this time to mess yourself up. When you were dealing with him nobody knew about it and I think you should face the music all alone. Try and appeal to him, am sure he can get you additional 1year making 2years tourist visa. Gullible pple like you will never learn until visa agents finish you off. You should celebrate if you are able to get your passport back without having issue with the embassy that may affect you in the future. Nigerian passport holders without Ghanaian residence permit cannot apply for SA tourist visa through Ghana, I may not be sure of other countries but I am 100% sure of SA visa.

Gbamm over n out

wait hold on, are you ok sha, shey i ask you question ni, abi i ask make you dey insult me, shey because say they don scam me 60k or i can't get my passport nah the end of the world, come watch it when you post on here. I never asked you...i asked the poster! Whats with the "Gullible pple like you will
never learn until visa agent" his the same person who did my friends visa and got him a ghanaian residence permit and his leaving january for southy...i came on here to ask for advise not. Abi your father dey crazy ni.. See me see wahala ooo
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by youngbilly1: 3:30pm On Dec 26, 2012
Mehn bros no vex ooo but man calm down, no dey insult person for here...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 3:33pm On Dec 26, 2012
youngbilly1:

wait hold on, are you ok sha, shey i ask you question ni, abi i ask make you dey insult me, shey because say they don scam me 60k or i can't get my passport nah the end of the world, come watch it when you post on here. I never asked you...i asked the poster! Whats with the "Gullible pple like you will
never learn until visa agent" his the same person who did my friends visa and got him a ghanaian residence permit and his leaving january for southy...i came on here to ask for advise not. Abi your father dey crazy ni.. See me see wahala ooo

Exactly why people hate Nigerians, we abuse every system, abuse other country's official document just the way we did to ours.

Collinsfbi is absolutely right, you may not like it but its the bitter truth.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 4:09pm On Dec 26, 2012
youngbilly1: I gave him my passport in expectation to get the visa in it, he said he was gonna get a the 1yr visa from ghana and at the moment my passport is in ghana, we spoke today, he said my other friends visa is out because we were two who did together.
hmmm thats unfortunate and btw collins said da whole truth cos da implication of this could be grievous. my advice for yu is to believe the money is gone and find a way to just retrieve ur passport frm him and making him realize ure nt intested again but shouldn worry about d money cos u may likely nt get ur paspot again as he mite be playin u till jesus come.but u may follow yur mind if yu feel not pleased with peoples candid advice. up to you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by youngbilly1: 7:11pm On Dec 26, 2012
Thanks everyone, well the money aint my problem the passport i can find a way to get it...i came here to seek advise not be insulted, for wetin nah
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jub009: 8:07pm On Dec 26, 2012
@ collinsfbi. could u kindly reply my question.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Rebeccabax: 8:55pm On Dec 26, 2012
Please, what's the minimum bta to hold when traveling to Johannesburg? I'm leaving on 28th of this month.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 10:12pm On Dec 26, 2012
youngbilly1:

If you can say all these to me, what will you say to the one who scammed you? Nigerians with their dubious act to beat the normal procedure. Greediness is what is killing you and you will never learn until you mess up yourself the more. When we have SA embassy in Nigeria with two SA application centres, I wonder why you have to agree to secure visa in far away Ghana all in the name of securing 1year tourist visa as first timer, isn't that funny? If indeed you are not gullible why would you be deceived by one disgruntled agent? What you are asking here is meaningless because you never asked any reasonable question before dealing with your agent and for your information nairaland travel section is not for visa agents or customers to visa agents so I will advise you to finish off your deal with your agent and stop bothering this thread with your insolence posts.

Gbamm over n out

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 10:14pm On Dec 26, 2012
youngbilly1:

If you can say all these to me, what will you say to the one who scammed you? Nigerians with their dubious act just to bypass the normal procedure. Greediness is what is killing you and you will never learn until you mess up yourself the more. When we have SA embassy in Nigeria with two SA application Centres, I wonder why you have to agree to secure visa in far away Ghana all in the name of securing 1year tourist visa as first timer, isn't that funny? If indeed you are not gullible why would you be deceived by one disgruntled agent? What you are asking here is meaningless because you never asked any reasonable question before dealing with your agent and for your information nairaland travel section is not for visa agents or customers to visa agents so I will advise you to finish off your deal with your agent and stop bothering this thread with your insolence posts.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 10:34pm On Dec 26, 2012
jub009: @ chief collinsfbi, pls need some assistant as regards booking itineary ticket,i hv all my document set against Jan 7th, will love to visit for d upcoming nation cup . Thanks
If you are going for the NC, don't you think it is rather late but not too late anyway. For flight itinerary, use ordinary online reservation and that can be done a day before your submission day with either South African Airways or Arik but I will advise you to use South African Airways flight reservation.

Gbamm over n out

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (936) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: Zoey1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.