Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,587 members, 7,812,913 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1729643 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eben1991: 11:34pm On Feb 15, 2016
bobbyokez:
good evening house, I've gotten all my documents for my study permit visa application but I don't know the particular form to download and fill for the application. need help

Are you resuming as Bsc or Msc Student
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bobbyokez: 8:30am On Feb 16, 2016
bsc
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by naruto02(m): 10:03pm On Feb 16, 2016
roblance:

you applied at vfs or the SA embassy? you can track your app status on the vfs web page
As I said I Applied at SA embassy.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by naruto02(m): 11:17pm On Feb 16, 2016
I don't know my receipt number or reference number that will enable me track my application. Any other way?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ife01(m): 11:23pm On Feb 16, 2016
Hello all,
I have a yellow fever cert obtained in 2013 with my old passport number. Since, the card is still valid (10 years), do I need a new one to apply for the SA visa?

Urgent answer please
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by SerengetiTZ(m): 7:57am On Feb 17, 2016
NellyGhenghen:
Hello house,

For all those studying in South Africa, i'll like to know how much it ll cost on the average to pursue undergraduate studies in SA (Medicine) from first year and the cheapest universities for international students.

Done some research on my own, but its not too clear to me. Currently, considering university of pretoria and Nelson Mandela metropolitan university, whilst university of pretoria isn't so clear about international fees on their website, NMMU from what ive seen so far has lots of miscellaneous fees which when added up is an outrageous sum, though i'm not sure if I have to pay all those fees. I'd appreciate if someone could shed more light.

Thanks
Got anything of help from your question??
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 9:35am On Feb 17, 2016
ife01:
Hello all,
I have a yellow fever cert obtained in 2013 with my old passport number. Since, the card is still valid (10 years), do I need a new one to apply for the SA visa?

Urgent answer please

Get another please, the old yellow fever was changed in Oct 2013
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by NellyGhenghen(m): 10:39am On Feb 17, 2016
SerengetiTZ:
Got anything of help from your question??

Ended up going to the usa

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ife01(m): 12:13pm On Feb 17, 2016
Thanks much.

staggerlee:

Get another please, the old yellow fever was changed in Oct 2013
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by segzy201: 6:25pm On Feb 17, 2016
hello house pls ihv all my documents for visa application nw pls am i to attach the original of the documents like police clearance, yellow fever card, medical report and radiological report or photocopy? pls his birth certificate needed with the visa application also?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by segzy201: 6:27pm On Feb 17, 2016
pls anyone with the idea of flight booking and hotel reservation pls i need a guideline?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bisi16(m): 8:31am On Feb 18, 2016
Hi all,

Any consequences for not renewing medical aid when it expires? Mine is expired but I have 4months of study left. Thanks for your replies.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 10:02am On Feb 18, 2016
bisi16:
Hi all,

Any consequences for not renewing medical aid when it expires? Mine is expired but I have 4months of study left. Thanks for your replies.

Just don't fall sick or else u will pay cash

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bisi16(m): 12:00pm On Feb 18, 2016
staggerlee:

Just don't fall sick or else u will pay cash
Lol.

Noted thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by muhaogunlo: 3:27pm On Feb 18, 2016
bisi16:
Hi all,

If you fall sick, go to a government hospital, you will be treated free of charge since you are on a study permit. Even if you have surgeries done, it's still free of charge in government hospital. Cheers!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cyphanetglobal: 3:35pm On Feb 18, 2016
segzy201:
pls anyone with the idea of flight booking and hotel reservation pls i need a guideline?

Are you coming to South Africa on a visiting visa or student visa? To be on a safe side we can help you with an hotel reservation which can be called and confirmed from the embassy or the point of entry.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bisi16(m): 4:02pm On Feb 18, 2016
muhaogunlo:

If you fall sick, go to a government hospital, you will be treated free of charge since you are on a study permit. Even if you have surgeries done, it's still free of charge in government hospital. Cheers!
O yea?! I didn't know that. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by segzy201: 6:42pm On Feb 18, 2016
@ cyphanetglobal............. am applying for study permit for my Ph.d programme in Johannesburg
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 7:57pm On Feb 18, 2016
muhaogunlo:

Am not sure you have been to govt hospital in SA, they are frustrating maybe except the ones in Western Cape.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 18, 2016
staggerlee:

Am not sure you have been to govt hospital in SA, they are frustrating maybe except the ones in Western Cape.

Western Cape rocks!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:19am On Feb 19, 2016
Hello house, i need help o, i have gotten all my documents for study visa, i was at Johannesburg for 9days 2 weekw ago, i went to the school myself to apply and i also got my health insurance... Please i dont know where to submit my application, a friend says i have to get to abuja embassy that, thats the only place i can submit. i also went to the vfs website and am seeing something like, written application is not accepted and that i have to go through an online application to schedule an application at the embassy, i also want to know if the repatriation fee is compulsory or it can be replaced with flight intinery... please advice... thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by meagainstdem: 12:47am On Feb 19, 2016
Hi house, I'm stranded in cape town. I'v exhausted all the rand I changed from lagos and i'v looked round where I can get naira changed to rand in d whole of cape town to no avail. Pls can someone come to my aid as soon as possible? I'm having only R20 with me now. Also, any clue on accommodation? Finally, how do u guys transact money from nigeria in rand and naira. Nigerian govt no do well at all wit all their monetary policies. You are in foreign land wit a fat account in nigeria but you find it difficult to access it. Urgent response pls, I'm fed up!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:11am On Feb 19, 2016
meagainstdem:
Hi house, I'm stranded in cape town. I'v exhausted all the rand I changed from lagos and i'v looked round where I can get naira changed to rand in d whole of cape town to no avail. Pls can someone come to my aid as soon as possible? I'm having only R20 with me now. Also, any clue on accommodation? Finally, how do u guys transact money from nigeria in rand and naira. Nigerian govt no do well at all wit all their monetary policies. You are in foreign land wit a fat account in nigeria but you find it difficult to access it. Urgent response pls, I'm fed up!

Oga use your debit card
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:56am On Feb 19, 2016
Hello house, i need help o, i have gotten all my documents for study visa, i was at Johannesburg for 9days 2 weekw ago, i went to the school myself to apply and i also got my health insurance... Please i dont know where to submit my application, a friend says i have to get to abuja embassy that, thats the only place i can submit. i also went to the vfs website and am seeing something like, written application is not accepted and that i have to go through an online application to schedule an application at the embassy, i also want to know if the repatriation fee is compulsory or it can be replaced with flight intinery... please advice... thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cyphanetglobal: 12:36pm On Feb 19, 2016
segzy201:
@ cyphanetglobal............. am applying for study permit for my Ph.d programme in Johannesburg

Then, i dont think you need any hotel reservation as you are on study permit already. I thought you are on visiting visa that was the reason for the suggesting that you have a proper hotel reservation.

Well, whatever you need from here we can help you with it.

God bless.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ife01(m): 1:28pm On Feb 19, 2016
Please does anyone know if one can get a police character report from Alagbon on a Saturday?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 19, 2016
Please do I fill a form online on Dhf website to schedule appointment for the embassy or I just download the form and fill it and take it there. Please help.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 19, 2016
naruto02:
Okay. Thanks guys I'll just fill both and make sure I have enough documents for both then go to the embassy. Any 1 dey want I'll just give them. I'm sure the time is 11am for verification of document on Tuesday. I want to write 3rd March as departure date (hope it's not too early) since 4th feb is the date of submission of document. In the space of available funds is it necessary I put the actual amount because I'll be having dollar and naira but when I get to MMIA I'll Change the naira to rand. Also in my acceptance letter it says I'll be a resident of (I can't remember the house number) in Walmer port Elizabeth. So hope I don't need any other proof of residence or hotel reservation when submitting document in the embassy.the school representative will come pick me up in the airport so I hope I won't have problem with the immigration there when they ask about the hotel reservation. For minors they need letter from parents(I'm 20 am I considered as minor). In documents list the places that have the "where applicable" should I tick no or leave it blank

Hello, have you submitted? i'm also in your shoes, i have all the documents ready, i just dont understand the rapatriation fee part, how much is it and if you have submitted can you enlighten me more on that please? i intend submitting in Lagos. thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lawyer2011: 4:32pm On Feb 19, 2016
meagainstdem:

I can be of help. I have sent you a PM
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 5:08pm On Feb 19, 2016
meagainstdem:
Bros no blame govt o! Nigerian Mastercards and visa cards work in SA
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Solomonoware: 5:11pm On Feb 19, 2016
Pls I saw these on the vfs website when I tracked my application.... What does it mean pls........

1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by muhaogunlo: 10:55pm On Feb 19, 2016
meagainstdem:

Hello bro. So sorry about your being stranded. Cape Town is not a good place to get stranded. You can PM me ur number, I'll give you a call, I can be of help. Have you tried using the ATM or swiping your card in stores? Some of the cards still work.

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.