Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,971 members, 7,825,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1738793 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (916) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 1:04pm On Apr 24, 2016
14:

Based on my knowledge i have about staggerlee and justwise, they are both SA bashers. I have encountered them in so many issues relating to South Africa and based on my experience, nothing good comes out of their mouth about SA. Staggerlee, Justwise, all4naija, we know you guys. I was not aware they reside in SA.

Please can u quote where I bash SA?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by geekybabe(f): 1:07pm On Apr 24, 2016
geekybabe:

thanks. my question is does it have to be a government hospital? or can i use a certified private hospital?

okay guys.. staggerlee, justwise, 14 and others.. give this drama a rest already. advise and share your ideas and let live.

and pls answer my question.

do I have to do the medical forms and radiological form at a government hospital? can't I just find a private hospital to do it? I know Nigerian government hospital procedures can be hectic. I need to know if its really impt to do it there.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 1:14pm On Apr 24, 2016
geekybabe:

okay guys.. staggerlee, justwise, 14 and others.. give this drama a rest already. advise and share your ideas and let live.

do I have to do the medical forms and radiological form at a government hospital? can't I just find a private hospital to do it? I know Nigerian government hospital procedures can be hectic. I need to know if its really impt to do it there.

I feel govt hospital is better, if u live in lagos I can give u someones number in Ikeja GH for you to call. I have not referred anybody to him in 3 years so am not sure he is still there
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iWise(m): 7:36pm On Apr 24, 2016
geekybabe:

thanks. my question is does it have to be a government hospital? or can i use a certified private hospital?

Yes, it has to be a government owned hospital.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ife01(m): 8:57pm On Apr 24, 2016
Hello house,
Is there a need for getting for one's transcript for SAQA evaluation OR just the certificate?

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 9:05pm On Apr 24, 2016
ife01:
Hello house,
Is there a need for getting for one's transcript for SAQA evaluation OR just the certificate?

Thanks

You need ur transcripts plus your certificates
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ife01(m): 9:34pm On Apr 24, 2016
Thanks
staggerlee:

You need ur transcripts plus your certificates
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by seanemmason(m): 10:39pm On Apr 24, 2016
Answer my questions pls
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bigerboy200: 11:50pm On Apr 24, 2016
geekybabe:

it should be a government hospital.. would advise u to walk into a state hospital or maternity and get it done in gud time and with less stress.. just ensure that the medical forms are properly filled and stamped.. (don't go to teaching hospitals ohh..e.g LUTH or UCH..u go grow ''bear bear'' for there..lol)
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bigerboy200: 12:17am On Apr 25, 2016
Shine1177:
Don't let anyone discourage you if you have a good intention to study and stay in SA thereafter. I am a practical testimony. I came here in March 2015 for my Master degree. I applied for my school scholarship and waited for nine months but it was not forthcoming. I was living on the little cash I brought from Nigeria. My rent was R2,000 per month, I cook my food by myself so I spend less than R1,000 a month. I am a quite person, so I don't go out that much, all I spend on Taxi a month is less than R200 (Taxi is R5 per trip in my city) sometimes I walk to school, maximum 15 minute. Taking that into consideration I spend R3,200 per month (N64,000 per month). Mind you, I don't pay for electricity and water, that is part of the rent, I don't pay school fee, my school offer tuition-free for Master by Research. Sometimes in September 2015, all PG students got a mail from the Research Office that we should apply for NRF (National Research Fund) 2015, I applied and among the 22 Master degree students that got it, only 2 Nigerians were on the list and I was one of the two. What amount are we talking about here? R80,000 (Eighty thousand Rand). I got that in December 2015, I couldn't access it before I traveled down to Nigeria for Christmas holiday. When I returned in January 2016, I got the money in my account. Then come February 2016, we got another mail to apply for renewal of our NRF scholarship (for Master it 2-years; PhD 3-years), I did and in March 2016, I got another R80,000 (Eighty thousand Rand). All these without knowing anybody or speaking to someone. All through God's grace.

Not everyone earn R2,500 for tutoring. I am also tutoring and I earn nothing less than R4,000/month it's 20 hours per week at R50 per hour (Although you can only tutor for two and half month per semester). Another Nigerian just got registered in my department February 2016 and he is already tutoring for minimum R4,000. That pay his rent.

Now I will be graduating come September 2016 by God grace and my supervisor, an Indian, who happen to be a nice man, he is also an Executive Member of ESKOM Board, his already advising me to go for a 3-year graduate training in ESKOM with a good pay to go before I begin my PhD. (I know say I go get am. Not every man dey suffer, our head are not the same).

My Critical Skill Work Permit will soon land in my hand in a matter of weeks (I read sometimes ago on this platform where that guy said it is not possible to change from Student Visa to Work Visa - I just dey do my own thing jeje) and my wife and children will be following me to SA permanently in January 2017 when I return to Nigeria in December 2016. At least I have a plan to live in South Africa for maximum 12 years before I return home to play politics. My senior brother, a Professor, who came here in 2013 got his Work Permit and Permanent Residence Permit within 18-month. He left SA after he finished his Post-Doctoral Fellowship in 12 month, he is doing fine in Nigeria as always. His friend, a lady from Unilag also got her PR and relocated her husband and three children. So everyone with his or her own destiny and desire. Nobody should dissuade anyone from relocating to any part of the world, so far it is legally done.

If you have a VISION and you commit your PLANS into God's hand. If all foreigners are complaining, I tell you, you will not have a reason to complain.

My candid advise to anyone coming, make sure you process your Student Visa yourself, don't pay any agent. I did mine all alone. Come with cash that can pay your rent for minimum 12 months, so that you don't sleep on the street (No padi-padi for Southy, even if your brother get all the Rand) before then you will find your level.

DON'T BE DISCOURAGE BY STORIES.
God bless u 4 dis...u seem to b in UKZN..I love ur positive mind..

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Shine1177: 12:11pm On Apr 25, 2016
Foreign graduates of SA’s universities can soon apply for permanent residence
BY WYNDHAM HARTLEY, 22 APRIL 2016, 10:55

Home Affairs Minister Malusi Gigaba.

FOREIGN students will soon be allowed to apply for permanent residence once they have graduated from a South African university, Home Affairs Minister Malusi Gigaba said on Friday.

Introducing his budget vote debate in an extended public committee of the National Assembly, Mr Gigaba said international students constituted a key segment that is prioritised by governments globally, because of the economic and social benefits they offer host countries in terms of adding to the skills base, and contributing positively to society more broadly.

"The first of these initiatives, to be formally launched in the coming weeks, is a special exemption to allow graduate international students in critical skills areas to qualify for permanent residence permits upon graduation.

"This measure is to ensure that SA benefits from all of the skills produced by its universities, and to make it easier for international students who want to work or start business in SA after graduation to do so," Mr Gigaba said.

He explained that in terms of the new white paper being developed, issues of the integration of immigrants in South African society will receive prominent attention.

Mr Gigaba also said that steady progress was being made in modernising and digitising the Department of Home Affairs in order to transfer service delivery concerns from the client to the department.

"The live capture system, which supports the Smart ID Card and the passport, offers South Africans a glimpse into the future of Home Affairs.

"In this regard, we have issued 4.1-million smart ID cards to date and have met our target of 2.2-million smart ID cards issued last year. We aim to issue another 2.2-million cards this year," Mr Gigaba said.

Source: http://www.bdlive.co.za/national/education/2016/04/22/foreign-graduates-of-sas-universities-can-soon-apply-for-permanent-residence

Make hay while the sun shines.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by muhaogunlo: 1:43pm On Apr 25, 2016
Shine1177:

Source: http://www.bdlive.co.za/national/education/2016/04/22/foreign-graduates-of-sas-universities-can-soon-apply-for-permanent-residence

Make hay while the sun shines.

Wonderful. Another reason to study in SA. This is the second time Gigaba is talking about it, he mentioned it late last year as well, guess it's close to implementation. International students, graduates & intending graduates should be hopeful that it will be implemented soon. Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 3:32pm On Apr 25, 2016
muhaogunlo:

Wonderful. Another reason to study in SA. This is the second time Gigaba is talking about it, he mentioned it late last year as well, guess it's close to implementation. International students, graduates & intending graduates should be hopeful that it will be implemented soon. Cheers.

The implementation will only come after 2019 elections, if it will happen and it will only apply to selected courses. So instead of doing critical skills first, u can do PR directly. The new visa law implemented in 2014 june, they started talking about it 2010.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 25, 2016
This is a great news. Amazing decision by the government.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Jazzlite: 10:11pm On Apr 25, 2016
Oga you are going nowhere....you must be rooted in Nigeria not after sponsoring this "change" agenda, you must stay to enjoy the change.
cc ajepako,

Keneking:
This is a great news. Amazing decision by the government.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ajepako(f): 10:22pm On Apr 25, 2016
Jazzlite:
Oga you are going nowhere....you must be rooted in Nigeria not after sponsoring this "change" agenda, you must stay to enjoy the change.
cc ajepako,

Chain him down with his CHANJI...

grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Jazzlite: 10:27pm On Apr 25, 2016
Please import others on him so they can see what he's up to.
ajepako:
Chain him down with his CHANJI... grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by beebwai: 9:55am On Apr 26, 2016
Please, can some one help me with information on how to get my credentials assessed by saqa? What are the steps and so on. I haven't applied to any school yet.
Thanks in advance.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 26, 2016
hello niralanders i want to apply to sa saqa evaluations and the South African Education Tutors , how do i go about this. thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:04am On Apr 26, 2016
i want to apply to teaching jobs in sa how do i go about it, thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 26, 2016
Jazzlite:
cc ajepako,

grin grin grin
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:48pm On Apr 26, 2016
how much is 950 rands in nira......................thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TokyoBulls(m): 1:19pm On Apr 26, 2016
oduzbaba89:
how much is 950 rands in nira......................thanks
Depends on exchange rate. N19,000 at R1 = N20
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 3:12pm On Apr 26, 2016
oduzbaba89:
i want to apply to teaching jobs in sa how do i go about it, thanks
What qualification do you have or do you have special skills ?Let hear from you from there i give my view
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 26, 2016
I have a teachhing degree bsc education degree in accounting, and also a graduate member nigerian institute of management, @ samtold any tin @ all with dis litle tin.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 5:51pm On Apr 26, 2016
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 26, 2016
Reallly staggerlee?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:41am On Apr 27, 2016
staggerlee:
If you are not in STEM, SA isn't the place for you

http://mini.iol.co.za/business/news/ancyl-slams-unpatriotic-private-sector-2014688

What is STEM?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 7:53am On Apr 27, 2016
Keneking:

What is STEM?

Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by AKO1(m): 5:56pm On Apr 27, 2016
Hello everyone,

Would I need a yellow card as a Nigerian if I live in the US and am traveling straight from the US?

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ZiggyMr(m): 12:01pm On Apr 28, 2016
Hello Guys,

Pls what's d likely tuition fee @witwatersrand for M.sc?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by callysea: 4:48pm On Apr 28, 2016
staggerlee:
If you are not in STEM, SA isn't the place for you

http://mini.iol.co.za/business/news/ancyl-slams-unpatriotic-private-sector-2014688

Mr Staggerlee, may i talk with you privately?

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (916) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.