Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,103 members, 7,814,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (220) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1730750 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by meisterkitan(m): 10:31pm On May 09, 2016
staggerlee:

I have never applied or got any scholarship before. People do get but I never did. It is now so hard to get scholarship as a no SA citizen or Permanent resident. People will tell you I just need the basics, water, power and fuel. let them get it you will now see that is not what they really want. just 5 days back in SA i am missing Lagos, the friendly people, the love, the rice and dodo, the night life on the island and so many more, yet the light and water i have can not take the place of what I miss in Lagos. i dont have to carry my ID book around in Lagos like I do here in SA. I am free, here everyone makes me know even though have got an ID i am still a foreigner and that to me sucks big time

Final advise, people will tell you its greener at the other side, I say with all sincerity, it isnt greener anymore in SA. For me its been a good ride for me, but its getting really harder for new people coming in.

Bro I get your point , I came in 2014 and I ball out like that in 2015 when I forsaw that what the story about southafrica is is not what it used to be ... I was jacked twice fortunately I was fast enough in both occasion to escape, truth is they don't want us and guys in South Africa have to save face hence coming back home is near impossible
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 4:25am On May 10, 2016
flowerspot:
Staggerlee, thanks for the response, however my question is how do one get all this documents together without first coming to SA or do I need to come there to arrange this documents? Will I need the assistance of agents there in SA, and are there any success stories regarding those that applied here in Nigeria or will I need to apply in SA? would really appreciate your response and assistance if possible.

All the people have seen with business visas have all lived here before, but you don't have to come before you get your visa, however you might to contact those relevant bodies and ask for directions.you can also invest in an already established company in SA. I think you can PM me if u need further assistance.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 4:32am On May 10, 2016
iWise:
@staggerlee, I'd like to have a private chat with you. Would that be okay?

Its very Ok
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by addey101: 6:41am On May 10, 2016
Please advise : I was granted a Visitors Visa(Multiple Entry) which doesn't allow me to stay more than 30 days in South Africa. Can I extend my Stay ? Please, this is urgent.

Thank you and God bless you all.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 9:06am On May 10, 2016
addey101:
Please advise : I was granted a Visitors Visa(Multiple Entry) which doesn't allow me to stay more than 30 days in South Africa. Can I extend my Stay ? Please, this is urgent.

No you cant
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by flowerspot: 9:28am On May 10, 2016
Staggerlee sent you a pm
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by naruto02(m): 8:16pm On May 10, 2016
Please what's the difference between acceptance letter and admission letter. My school gave me acceptance letter and to pay school fees with form A the bank says I need admission letter. I tried to explain that the acceptance letter is in place of admssion letter but they said d CBN rejected the stuff thy need to see admssion letter
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:45am On May 11, 2016
naruto02:
Please what's the difference between acceptance letter and admission letter. My school gave me acceptance letter and to pay school fees with form A the bank says I need admission letter. I tried to explain that the acceptance letter is in place of admssion letter but they said d CBN rejected the stuff thy need to see admssion letter

An admission letter provides full details about the programme which you have been offered in a department with duration. This is often signed by the Dean of the faculty or Registrar or Admission department.

An acceptance letter is a confirmation that you have accepted the offer made to you by the department to study a particular course for a period. Usually, you would have acknowledged the admission /offer letter and communicated back your intention to pursue same.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by naruto02(m): 9:25am On May 11, 2016
Keneking:

An admission letter provides full details about the programme which you have been offered in a department with duration. This is often signed by the Dean of the faculty or Registrar or Admission department.

An acceptance letter is a confirmation that you have accepted the offer made to you by the department to study a particular course for a period. Usually, you would have acknowledged the admission /offer letter and communicated back your intention to pursue same.
Thanks I'll email the school to arrange that for me
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Freshnextlevel: 8:02pm On May 11, 2016
muhaogunlo:

They don't actually accept application on Tuesdays, they verify your documents on Tuesday, you go to pay on Wednesday and then submit on Thursday. But you can only start the process on Tuesday (7:00am), it's sort of a chain reaction.

NB: It's not VFS for study permit, it's SA High Commission, VFS in Nigeria is only for short term visa to SA, however VFS handles all visa (change/renewal) applications in SA, including PR application.

Cheers!
All my documents for study visa application is ready. I was offered to study for PhD. Pls I have few questions to ask
1. Am I good to go to embassy on Tuesday i e next week
2. the amount to pay at the embassy
3. have been sponsored by my brother who is a banker. Pls apart from letter of sponsorship and d statement of his account what other things are required from him
4 any other useful information as regard the study visa pls

These are the documents ready for submission
Yellow fever vaccination
Medical report
Radiological report
Marriage certificate
Police clearance
Medical cover from Momentum
Letter of sponsor and statement of account
Proof of accommodation

Pls help me out

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by zaraman(m): 12:29am On May 12, 2016
addey101:

how do one get a sa visa with mulltiply entry?

got back from sa this march ,spent just few days with a 3month single entry visa.

how can i get multiple entry with like 6month visa.

wont be spending more than a week or 2 weeks anytime i go to sa but just dont want the stress of applying everytime i want to travel.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 4:47am On May 12, 2016
Freshnextlevel:

All my documents for study visa application is ready. I was offered to study for PhD. Pls I have few questions to ask
3. have been sponsored by my brother who is a banker. Pls apart from letter of sponsorship and d statement of his account what other things are required from him

Yellow fever vaccination
Medical report
Radiological report
Marriage certificate
Police clearance
Proof of accommodation

Pls help me out

I think you are good to Go, but don't they need SAQA at the embassy?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hoomogh(m): 6:18am On May 12, 2016
Gurus in the house. I have a brother planning to visit SA next month. He's about to submit his docs @ d Abuja embassy but he noticed dat d embassy address stated on his docs is no more valid as a result of relocation of d embassy. He has corrected this anomaly all along but now his docs (letters) are being addressed to The South African Embassy and not the South African High Commission. Also his introduction letter has just his home address and no telephone numbers. My question is does these little omission carry much weight or he should go back and obtain another letter addressing the South African High Commission ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stevetop(m): 10:24am On May 12, 2016
staggerlee:

I think you are good to Go, but don't they need SAQA at the embassy?

The embassy might not request for SAQA. You will need your brother's passport data page (photocopy)
I hope you did one year's medical cover because anything less could delay your visa.
The embassy is not taking applications for study permit till June, but you can visit VFS office to inquire if they can handle it - the embassy has been referring people to VFS for Study visa till June.
You will still need SAQA when you get to SA so you might as well apply for it now.
All the best
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 10:47am On May 12, 2016
hoomogh:
Gurus in the house. I have a brother planning to visit SA next month. He's about to submit his docs @ d Abuja embassy but he noticed dat d embassy address stated on his docs is no more valid as a result of relocation of d embassy. He has corrected this anomaly all along but now his docs (letters) are being addressed to The South African Embassy and not the South African High Commission. Also his introduction letter has just his home address and no telephone numbers. My question is does these little omission carry much weight or he should go back and obtain another letter addressing the South African High Commission ?

Nope, the main thing is the message
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 12, 2016
stevetop:

The embassy might not request for SAQA. You will need your brother's passport data page (photocopy)
I hope you did one year's medical cover because anything less could delay your visa.
The embassy is not taking applications for study permit till June, but you can visit VFS office to inquire if they can handle it - the embassy has been referring people to VFS for Study visa till June.
You will still need SAQA when you get to SA so you might as well apply for it now.
All the best

I don't think SAQA is important for PhD because your study is not course work based. If the institution didn't request for such before offering you admission, then its not important. However, you would need to submit transcript of your Masters and Bachelors (Hons) degree.

In addition, SAQA document would be useful if the applicant desires to apply for work or other permits.Or even membership with association etc
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hoomogh(m): 7:12pm On May 12, 2016
staggerlee:

Nope, the main thing is the message
okay. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by geekybabe(f): 9:43pm On May 12, 2016
Freshnextlevel:

Yellow fever vaccination
Medical report
Radiological report
Marriage certificate
Police clearance
Proof of accommodation

Pls help me out

hi. currently the embassy has been referring applicants for study visa to vfs. the application and processing fee is about 21k. do all necessary photocopies before coming. cos it's highly expensive at vfs. include d following :

Self introduction letter,
letter of sponsorship from your sponsor
Sponsor ID
All your academic certificates (certified) can be added as additional documents.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Freshnextlevel: 4:49pm On May 13, 2016
geekybabe:

hi. currently the embassy has been referring applicants for study visa to vfs. the application and processing fee is about 21k. do all necessary photocopies before coming. cos it's highly expensive at vfs. include d following :

Sponsor ID
All your academic certificates (certified) can be added as additional documents.
Thanks so much
It means I shld go straight to VFS

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Freshnextlevel: 7:00pm On May 13, 2016
[quote author=geekybabe post=45566109]

Sponsor ID

it means I shld go straight to VFS
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stanogb(m): 9:08am On May 15, 2016
Please house, I need information about the education system in South Africa. Their semester/Terms. How does it work? Just like in USA, there is Fall, Winter AND Summer.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 9:16am On May 15, 2016
stanogb:
Please house, I need information about the education system in South Africa. Their semester/Terms. How does it work? Just like in USA, there is Fall, Winter AND Summer.

Feb to November, there is a break around June/July one month break. There are 2 semesters and each semester consists of two terms. There is a one week break in between the terms and a month break in between the semesters
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stanogb(m): 10:32am On May 15, 2016
staggerlee:

Feb to November, there is a break around June/July one month break. There are 2 semesters and each semester consists of two terms. There is a one week break in between the terms and a month break in between the semesters
Please what are the general application times, for a masters program? Remain blessed.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 11:05am On May 15, 2016
staggerlee:

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Freshnextlevel: 2:24pm On May 15, 2016
Thanks for your answers but still not clear about Embassy not accepting study visa application now

What is your advice now cos am already in Lagos. Should I go straight to VFS or still try my luck at d embassy

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 4:23pm On May 15, 2016
stanogb:
Please what are the general application times, for a masters program? Remain blessed.

May to Oct,
depending on the kind of Masters and school you can register at any time of the session
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 4:26pm On May 15, 2016
suxes2005:

Just a quick question, do you have an
idea of SA embassy in Lagos is printing visas now?

I heard their machine is faulty and they
are writing visas with hands... plus it also
takes some time now

Please what you know about that ?

Don't know
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ademat7(m): 1:52pm On May 16, 2016
d relation of mine I spoke about finally decide to go SA tonight, with his two weeks visa will be staying with someone over there,will seek way to do runs of staying permanently but if impossible return n process US visa.which ever way all I can say is Pray for m by Dare art alade
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tushirtz: 5:16pm On May 16, 2016
Good day, I'm new here. I am a graduate of Biochemistry from a nigerian university seeking to apply for medicine in a south African university. Please how do I go about it as I know nothing about south African admission process. I read through some of the threads and saw something about saqa, but I honestly dnt understand, pls I need d advice of d house.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TokyoBulls(m): 7:34am On May 17, 2016
I understand your hustle but it is illegal to stay in SA permanently on a visit visa. It almost never works well. He can visit for 2 weeks as you said and if he has his papers intact, go on a different class of visa the next time. Surviving in a foreign land on a visit visa is a lot of stress. He can only do illegal trades or menial jobs as he has no papers, he will consistently live in fear of getting deported. He will not be able to travel back to Nigeria for anything and go back even if his father is critically ill or his mother dies. There are just too many issues associated with this kind of 'runs'. There are different classes of visa he can obtain if he intends to stay 'permanently'.
Ademat7:
d relation of mine I spoke about finally decide to go SA tonight, with his two weeks visa will be staying with someone over there,will seek way to do runs of staying permanently but if impossible return n process US visa.which ever way all I can say is Pray for m by Dare art alade
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TokyoBulls(m): 7:38am On May 17, 2016
Your best bet is a knowledge transfer from biological to medical sciences and it is possible if your BSc Biochemistry grades are very tight. You need SAQA to evaluate your WASSCE certificate and BSc certificate and transcripts then you apply to an appropriate school to study Medicine. You will get some waivers having studied a biological science first degree. There are people here who will gladly guide you in the process.
tushirtz:
Good day, I'm new here. I am a graduate of Biochemistry from a nigerian university seeking to apply for medicine in a south African university. Please how do I go about it as I know nothing about south African admission process. I read through some of the threads and saw something about saqa, but I honestly dnt understand, pls I need d advice of d house.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: Marshall6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.