Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1727913 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chelseabmw(m): 10:49pm On Jan 20, 2013
pls any cheap hotel in nelspruit,mpumalanga..........Planning of leaving Johannesburg in the afternoon for nigeria match
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ow11(m): 9:25am On Jan 21, 2013
Ingwe Guest House

nabana lodge

You can use booking.com
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 2:27pm On Jan 21, 2013
unstoppableman: I don't have identification card ( only my passport) , I didn't pay for repartiation fees, I don't have letter of absent from work because i am not working. I am not carrying any luggages. Just my clothes and my laptop thats all. all the document i have to travel is, Yellow card,My passport,hotel reservation, and my flight ticket is that ok?

cyril83: don't worry, just follow the advice of collins, don't give anybdy dime besides if they ask for purpose of travelling don't tell them ur visiting anybody just tell them you are a student going for a research bcoz if you tell them ur on visitation they may ask for invitation letter.

You can tell them exactly what CYRIL83 suggested above,If you have national ID then you can go with that because even if you claim to be a student going for research, they will still demand to know your school and ask for your student identity card and if you don't have any ID at all, tell them you mistakenly forgot to take your ID from the other luggage and you have checked then in.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 2:42pm On Jan 21, 2013
Zachxolan:
Thanx collins but I still av a few questions should I download the bi-1738 online or wait to be given, secondly which embassy do u th ink is best for fast processing of the study permit?
You can download online, you don't have any problem with that and for the quick processing, i can't tell you to apply at a particular place or not to apply, if you have complete and genunine documents, you will definately get your permit processed within the embassy stipulated time. If you don't have SAQA evaluation go to Abuja centre and if you have one you can submit your application at Lagos application centre. To me, there is nothing wrong with both application centres just that Lagos centre will demand for SAQA evaluation as one of the requirements. Some people with SAQA evaluation on this thread had earlier applied through Lagos centre and they got their permit processed within short period of time. So it depends on where you choose to submit your application.

Gbamm over out

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ibrak200: 4:36pm On Jan 21, 2013
P406:

I think you can register with booking.com and then search from there.Well as for me
the cheapest i saw was about 6k per night @ Guesthouse Threebees you can check them out.
okay thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ibrak200: 4:39pm On Jan 21, 2013
collinsfbi: check Purple Olive Guest House here, is one of the cheapest and their site with give you exact rate in naira http://www.purpleolive.co.za/ R230 = about 4k per night or check the site below to make your choice

http://www.hotelscombined.com

Gbamm over n out
thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Zachxolan(m): 7:55am On Jan 24, 2013
collinsfbi: You can download online, you don't have any problem with that and for the quick processing, i can't tell you to apply at a particular place or not to apply, if you have complete and genunine documents, you will definately get your permit processed within the embassy stipulated time. If you don't have SAQA evaluation go to Abuja centre and if you have one you can submit your application at Lagos application centre. To me, there is nothing wrong with both application centres just that Lagos centre will demand for SAQA evaluation as one of the requirements. Some people with SAQA evaluation on this thread had earlier applied through Lagos centre and they got their permit processed within short period of time. So it depends on where you choose to submit your application.

Gbamm over out

Thanks man, Please if I need to do my flight itinerary/ booking, am talking on the one I do not need to make payment before collecting how do I go about it? kindly enlighten me.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 11:04am On Jan 24, 2013
Zachxolan:

Thanks man, Please if I need to do my flight itinerary/ booking, am talking on the one I do not need to make payment before collecting how do I go about it? kindly enlighten me.
I will advise you to make reservation with South African Airways here http://www.flysaa.com/ng/en/planmytrip/schedulesroutes/flight_schedules.html fill in your details and choose pay later option, reservation confirmation will be sent to your email.

Gbamm over n out

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by charlesazeh(m): 2:03pm On Jan 24, 2013
PLS HOW DO I GET THE VISA TO S.A, without the help of an agent..I AM GOING WITH MY WIFE AND SON...BROTHER IN-LAW INVITED US...I had a bad experience in 2010' wasted my time and 2000usd on getting a visa through an agent and later i was invited personally for the interview and they told us sorry, cos our reservation expired before the date for visa collection....
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jub009: 5:21pm On Jan 24, 2013
Kindly read from the 1st page to d last.

charlesazeh: PLS HOW DO I GET THE VISA TO S.A, without the help of an agent..I AM GOING WITH MY WIFE AND SON...BROTHER IN-LAW INVITED US...I had a bad experience in 2010' wasted my time and 2000usd on getting a visa through an agent and later i was invited personally for the interview and they told us sorry, cos our reservation expired before the date for visa collection....
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chelseabmw(m): 6:40pm On Jan 24, 2013
pls can anyone refer me a college or university with low tuition fees in joburb where i can do 3 to six months programme?Economics to be precised....Will i be given a student permit?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chelseabmw(m): 6:55pm On Jan 24, 2013
pls i need this asap
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by charlesazeh(m): 7:47pm On Jan 24, 2013
about the statement of account...must it be a rich bank account ? i need advice pls
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bobbyhenry: 1:13pm On Jan 25, 2013
chelseabmw: pls i need this asap

I hope this website can help you.
www.mydreamcourse.co.za
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Zzzalexzzz: 4:52pm On Jan 25, 2013
Hello NLanders...Pls i'm in need of your urgent assistance with regards to detailed information.
I just received The Final admission letter for My Masters program At the UWC and i am in a hurry to process my Student Visa..I have taken my time to read the student Visa requirements on Page 7 of this thread. But i do need some clear explanation so there won't be room for any error; Classes begins 28 Jan as stated on d letter.

Sirs, Here are my Questions:
1. A duly completed application form signed by the applicant (BI-1738)...I can't find this form on the VFS SA website..I can only find the Form BI-84
How do i proceed?
2. Payment of the prescribed application fee...where will i make this payment
3. Medical cover in terms of a South African registered medical scheme...Please how do i get this from south africa.
4. A medical radiological report (chest X-ray) or (skin TB(test)... Ȋ̝̊̅§ it compulsory that the medical report be issued from a Federal Government or state Hospital or a private hospital will do?
5.Evidence of tuition payment/part payment depending on the school mode of payment...The Admission Letter that i received didn't say anytin abt payment b4 arrival, all it said was that International students must Pay Tuition in Full..They didn't include the full tuition amount..how shd i proceed regarding this
6. Evidence of accomodation; At this time i do not know if the school will provide ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ with accmdatn so i can pay for that or should i book for an hotel online so that i can make conclusion on my arrival.
7. A field on Form BI-84 says state of arrival...At this time i dunno if its a straight/Direct flight from Lagos to Western Cape or not or Ȋ̝̊̅§ WC always my state of arrival?
8. What should the content of the letter of introduction contain?
9. How do i book for my flight without making yhe payment first until i receive my Visa?

Friends..Pls if there Ȋ̝̊̅§ anything that i am missing out, pls do let ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ know..i got the Yellow Fever card, SAQA sorted out

Thank Ɣ☺ΰ'all in anticipation of ur quickest response
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Zzzalexzzz: 8:36pm On Jan 25, 2013
Sincerely waiting for a response. Thank You
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kosoblanca: 3:45pm On Jan 26, 2013
@ Zzzalexzzz
For the study permit application form go to the south african embassy either in lagos or Abuja but I will advice u to go to Abuja consulate cos its less stresfuLl.
U will get the form from the embassy and d medical form. For d medical insurance I will advice u to use momentum insurance(
www.ingwehealth.co.za visit d site and fill d application form online u are requre to have a 12months insurance and it wiLl cos u up to 85k

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kosoblanca: 4:00pm On Jan 26, 2013
IAm waiting for my visa too after u submit ur application they give u 3weeks to come and collect ur visa u go with a good statement of account. For the accommodation the school can give u a covering letter.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Zzzalexzzz: 4:40pm On Jan 26, 2013
kosoblanca: @ Zzzalexzzz
For the study permit application form go to the south african embassy either in lagos or Abuja but I will advice u to go to Abuja consulate cos its less stresfuLl.
U will get the form from the embassy and d medical form. For d medical insurance I will advice u to use momentum insurance(
www.ingwehealth.co.za visit d site and fill d application form online u are requre to have a 12months insurance and it wiLl cos u up to 85k

Thanks Bro...I really Appreciate ur response..Please how should i proceed with questions 4, 5 and 8. Thanks Again
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kosoblanca: 6:17pm On Jan 26, 2013
The medical, just take it to any government hospital for them to fill sign and stamp for u.
For the letter of introduction it has to come from who is sponsoring u to the school and the it goes with the bank statement, attach a court affidavit of sponsorship with the bank statement then attach the data page of ur sponsor with the bank statement, d admission letter covers the tuition fees they don't as if u have paid ur fees but try and find out from others
Bye

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kosoblanca: 6:20pm On Jan 26, 2013
For d medicals I did my own at wuse general hospital, wen they give u the visa application and d medicals form x ray take it to any of the govt hospital around u.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 8:30am On Jan 27, 2013
hello collins and otherals, as far as s.a port entry and immigration officials ulis concerned, like how much cash is advisable to hold at hand..while the rest on my c.c in order to avoid extortion and dubious people just as i read in some earlier posts..?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by clow(m): 6:29pm On Jan 27, 2013
I went to the south African Embassy to drop my Documents knowing fully welthat evrything needed to be submitted were in the Package only for me to get their to be told that despite having everything that they were invalid because the south African police didint certify all the Documents of my host over ther and I'm like Wtf.he even said all. The documents were accurate that I go back and tell my host to make sure they are certified.has Anyone had this experience.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Zzzalexzzz: 8:56pm On Jan 27, 2013
kosoblanca: For d medicals I did my own at wuse general hospital, wen they give u the visa application and d medicals form x ray take it to any of the govt hospital around u.

Thanks Again Bro...I really appreciate, will work on the Info this week. Thank You
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 10:08am On Jan 28, 2013
@Kosoblanca, Thanks for your concise contribution. I have been busy for sometimes now but good to have people like you on this thread

opsy4real1: hello collins and otherals, as far as s.a port entry and immigration officials ulis concerned, like how much cash is advisable to hold at hand..while the rest on my c.c in order to avoid extortion and dubious people just as i read in some earlier posts..?
Just go with $500 and don't be surprise that nobody will even ask you for your BTA but to be on a safer side, $500 is the required amount.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Zzzalexzzz: 10:46am On Jan 28, 2013
Hello Kosoblanca and Collinsfbi, Hopw Ɣ☺ΰ'all doing Gd.
I'm on my way to Lagos this Morning, Just wanted to know how much i should Hold with ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥..Apart from the 8K+ Application fee, will i have to pay the 110K repatriation fee Since my course duration is 2Years.

Also, which of the Yellow Fever Card issueing Authority in Lagos Ȋ̝̊̅§ recognized by SA

My admission Letter says Lectures begin today Mon 28, Hope this Ȋ̝̊̅§ not a negative criteria since i am just applying.

Will the Medical form which i will take to a goverment Hospital require that i do some Medical test or they just have it filled and stamped for ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥?

Ȋ̝̊̅§ it true that i will be going to the SA embassy and not the VFS Application Office...

Thanks Again.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 1:28pm On Jan 28, 2013
clow: I went to the south African Embassy to drop my Documents knowing fully welthat evrything needed to be submitted were in the Package only for me to get their to be told that despite having everything that they were invalid because the south African police didint certify all the Documents of my host over ther and I'm like Wtf.he even said all. The documents were accurate that I go back and tell my host to make sure they are certified.has Anyone had this experience.
Yes! any doc from South African host to be included in your visa application must be duly certified either by the police or in the post office in SA. Your host suppose to know better, contact him and he will enlighten you better.

Gbamm over n out

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by almajiri101: 7:51pm On Jan 28, 2013
I submitted my application on the 4th of this month and i was supposed to pick it up on the 25th coz I was given 14 working days but unfortunately i did not get any message concerning my application from the embassy and I was also tracking it not until this morning i found out the application has been processed and its ready for collection as on 28/01/2013 while tracking but have not seen any text from the embassy, pls does this mean my application is ready and can i go and pick it even without any text from vfs..this is urgent please. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kosoblanca: 11:06pm On Jan 28, 2013
Re: General @ Zzzalexzzz: I think you should hold up to 130k including the repatration fees cos I paid some thing close to that. D medical because of the urgent timing it will allow u to fully run all the test and xrays so if u can ur medical forms fill and stAmp by any Doctor in a govt hospital better for. U.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: ayodeleajayi220 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.