Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,530 members, 7,954,990 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:45 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1825779 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (935) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by shessyfavour: 9:57am On Jan 02, 2013
Hi everyone, Does anybody knows how long it takes for a SA tourist visa application to be ready after submission?
Thanks so much
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ola2tu: 10:20am On Jan 02, 2013
@ collinsfbi, thanks for your reply , I find it helpful
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jan 02, 2013
shessyfavour: Hi everyone, Does anybody knows how long it takes for a SA tourist visa application to be ready after submission?
Thanks so much
. 1 week after submission with valid documents
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by rooney11: 11:47am On Jan 03, 2013
Pls justwise, I submitted my application SA centre in oregun on 13/12/12 and up till now have heard anything from them I even track my application online the message display is, the application has been forwarded for processing on 13/12/12 and and on the form I filled I stated it that I will travel on 3rd of january which is today. Pls Is there any other way to know state of my application and fed up with their delay, and there's no guarantee that visa will be granted since the departure date has elapse. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hannydanadams: 10:36pm On Jan 03, 2013
Hi,my question is my study permit visa is expiring 20th of february can I travel with the visa on the 15th of this month to come back on the 10th of february 10days before my visa expires?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by KayVirtuoso: 10:55am On Jan 04, 2013
@collinsfbi...thank u so much. I will work towards applying at Abuja. How ever what's ur advice on the ticket itinenary stuff as I can't buy a ticket now and I have to include it in my documents?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by surdik(m): 12:48pm On Jan 04, 2013
@collinsfbi. As a science student what short course would you advise me to do in SA that wil enable me get a good job..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 4:36pm On Jan 04, 2013
Hello collinsfbi and others, I would like to transit at Dubai for 2 days before connecting south africa. I would like to know how I could go about it so i will first stop by at UAE then to South Africa. Do I need transit visa..please let me learn experienced people.
Thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tzetzefly(m): 8:39pm On Jan 04, 2013
opsy4real1: Hello collinsfbi and others, I would like to transit at Dubai for 2 days before connecting south africa. I would like to know how I could go about it so i will first stop by at UAE then to South Africa. Do I need transit visa..please let me learn experienced people.
Thank you

Do you have a Dubai Visa?
If yes, then buy a confirmed ticket with SouthAfrican airways routing your trip through SA as your first stop. And also book same ticket to Dubai as your next destination.
Add this itinerary to your application to the SA Embassy/High Commission with your proof of substinence while on this journey.

This ticket can be done by travel agents since you can't handle it urself....
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 5:03am On Jan 05, 2013
tzetzefly:

Do you have a Dubai Visa?
If yes, then buy a confirmed ticket with SouthAfrican airways routing your trip through SA as your first stop. And also book same ticket to Dubai as your next destination.
Add this itinerary to your application to the SA Embassy/High Commission with your proof of substinence while on this journey.

This ticket can be done by travel agents since you can't handle it urself....
I already hold South African visa and south africa is my final destination while i first stop over at Dubai but i dont currently have dubai transit visa. my agitation is how do i go about it so i can av a 2 days stop at Dubai before proceeding to S.A
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tzetzefly(m): 6:07am On Jan 05, 2013
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tzetzefly(m): 6:08am On Jan 05, 2013
@opsy4real1
Then you just need a Dubai Visa with a multiple destination booking with Emirates Airline.

Your first stop over is at Dubai Aiport , clear through immigration with ur multiple destination booking, stating two(2) days in Dubai and ur next stop at OR Tambo Airport, Johannesburg....

You can go with SA Airways as well, but this will be too hectic for you and will cost you more money..as you will need to clear immigration at OR Tambo twice.

It's a multiple entry visa anyway, and your choice to make. First secure the Dubai Visa and all other things will be added to you....tongue
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 12:22pm On Jan 05, 2013
rooney11: Pls justwise, I submitted my application SA centre in oregun on 13/12/12 and up till now have heard anything from them I even track my application online the message display is, the application has been forwarded for processing on 13/12/12 and and on the form I filled I stated it that I will travel on 3rd of january which is today. Pls Is there any other way to know state of my application and fed up with their delay, and there's no guarantee that visa will be granted since the departure date has elapse. Thanks
I am sorry there is no other way than the usual online tracking. At the same time, it's usually advisable to apply ahead of time most especially if you are first time applicant. Somehow, first time applicant processing time may exceed the normal 6-10days due to some issues known to the embassy. Since your stipulated date of traveling has expired, the tendency of you getting the visa is very low.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 12:50pm On Jan 05, 2013
hannydanadams: Hi,my question is my study permit visa is expiring 20th of february can I travel with the visa on the 15th of this month to come back on the 10th of february 10days before my visa expires?
If you are coming to naija, you won't have any prob on departure South Africa but you are likely to have problem on departing Nigeria on 10th of February. On the other hand, you are likely to have problem with Southy immigration if you are departing South to other country, Southy immigration may view it as a way to abscond since you have less than 45days on your permit. If you are departing South to other country, you may be able to travel if you can provide reasonable evidence for the purpose of your traveling and if you are coming to naija, you will definitely have to proof beyond doubt before you will be allow to return to SA having just 10days to the expiration of your permit which i doubt if Nigeria immigration will allow you to board.

Gbamm over n out

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 12:54pm On Jan 05, 2013
KayVirtuoso: @collinsfbi...thank u so much. I will work towards applying at Abuja. How ever what's ur advice on the ticket itinenary stuff as I can't buy a ticket now and I have to include it in my documents?
You don't need to buy ticket now, just include flight reservation in the application and go for submission.

Gbamm over n out

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 12:56pm On Jan 05, 2013
surdik: @collinsfbi. As a science student what short course would you advise me to do in SA that wil enable me get a good job..
Any medical related courses, ITs, engineering etc

Gbamm over n out

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 1:18pm On Jan 05, 2013
opsy4real1: Hello collinsfbi and others, I would like to transit at Dubai for 2 days before connecting south africa. I would like to know how I could go about it so i will first stop by at UAE then to South Africa. Do I need transit visa..please let me learn experienced people.
Thank you

tzetzefly: @opsy4real1
Then you just need a Dubai Visa with a multiple destination booking with Emirates Airline.

Your first stop over is at Dubai Aiport , clear through immigration with ur multiple destination booking, stating two(2) days in Dubai and ur next stop at OR Tambo Airport, Johannesburg....

You can go with SA Airways as well, but this will be too hectic for you and will cost you more money..as you will need to clear immigration at OR Tambo twice.

It's a multiple entry visa anyway, and your choice to make. First secure the Dubai Visa and all other things will be added to you....tongue

As tzetzefly rightly said, you need Dubai Visa with multiple destination booking and Emirates Airline will the best you can deal with. A transit visa is a 4-day (96 hours) visa that can be utilized by transit travelers who would like to spend their transit hours or days outside of a UAE airport terminal. A transit visa can be issued to individuals who have a valid ticket for an onward flight by any airline that has an office within the United Arab Emirates. The transit visa can be applied for at the transit airport or through the airlines at a cost of around (US$ 70) i think but not very sure on the amount. Please contact Emirate Airline for details.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by KayVirtuoso: 9:17pm On Jan 05, 2013
@ collinsfbi... Thank you so much! Appreciate!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jorge1980(m): 8:25pm On Jan 07, 2013
Hello,
What is meant by Verifiable Booking for both air travel and hotel? Does this mean the payment must be made? Thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by otunbaneyo09(m): 10:26pm On Jan 07, 2013
@collinsfb please which course on building can someone can do in a shorter month in southy
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bigmitchmob: 11:44pm On Jan 07, 2013
@collinsfbi and co, greetings:

I submitted my application on the 7th of December which was on Friday and got a reference code from them 3 days after. Ever since the first code, I haven't heard from them.... I track my application every day and it's still under assessment. I actually wanted to spend 2weeks in SA (Xmas and New Year) then come back first week of Jan.

Do u have any idea what's going on pls? Is this normal? Anyone with a similar experience pls?

Thanks in advance.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jub009: 12:48am On Jan 08, 2013
did u submitted ur application in lagos or abuja?

bigmitchmob: @collinsfbi and co, greetings:

I submitted my application on the 7th of December which was on Friday and got a reference code from them 3 days after. Ever since the first code, I haven't heard from them.... I track my application every day and it's still under assessment. I actually wanted to spend 2weeks in SA (Xmas and New Year) then come back first week of Jan.

Do u have any idea what's going on pls? Is this normal? Anyone with a similar experience pls?

Thanks in advance.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 8:30am On Jan 08, 2013
jorge1980: Hello,
What is meant by Verifiable Booking for both air travel and hotel? Does this mean the payment must be made? Thank you
Yes! but for your travel itinerary, you do not need to use a paid ticket, just make sure your hotel booking is paid with confirmation.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 8:34am On Jan 08, 2013
otunbaneyo09: @collinsfb please which course on building can someone can do in a shorter month in southy
Try and do that by using any search engine of your choice, i am sure you will get something closer to what you want.

Gbamm over n out

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 8:52am On Jan 08, 2013
bigmitchmob: @collinsfbi and co, greetings:

Thanks in advance.
For first time applicants, sometimes, it happens that way and that is why i always advise first time applicant to apply earlier to create room for embassy to do justice to their application as they wish.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bigmitchmob: 9:21am On Jan 08, 2013
@jub009, yes I submitted in Lagos. Ever had a similar experience?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jub009: 9:47am On Jan 08, 2013
am yet to submit my application. but will do that in Abuja.

bigmitchmob: @jub009, yes I submitted in Lagos. Ever had a similar experience?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by flowervase: 10:19am On Jan 08, 2013
please house i have a concern, I applied for study permit nov 2012 at Abuja to resume sch late January, I was asked to call back 3 weeks time which i did, having gotten thru i was told to bring additional documents which i did and was told to call back 1st week of January 2013, The thing is I have been trying to get them since last week anytime i do its either the man at the other end tells me they are busy or i should call back later and I don't want to travel all the way to Abuja the third time to be told its not yet ready. please is anyone in the house facing similar challenge? what can be done.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jorge1980(m): 10:37am On Jan 09, 2013
collinsfbi: Yes! but for your travel itinerary, you do not need to use a paid ticket, just make sure your hotel booking is paid with confirmation.

Gbamm over n out
Ok Thank you, so a normal airline reservation will do - South African Airways will usually cancel bookings after 72 hours , wouldnt this affect the application?

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 6:23pm On Jan 09, 2013
jorge1980:
Ok Thank you, so a normal airline reservation will do - South African Airways will usually cancel bookings after 72 hours , wouldnt this affect the application?
No! Use same South Africa Airways and book a day before your submission day.

Gbamm over n out

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Dare14: 11:58pm On Jan 09, 2013
back from SA and will have to wait till my visa expires before i go to the SAFA embassy to collect my repatriation deposit right? hope they wont take long in refunding it?

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chelseabmw(m): 2:17pm On Jan 10, 2013
Dare14: back from SA and will have to wait till my visa expires before i go to the SAFA embassy to collect my repatriation deposit right? hope they wont take long in refunding it?

Am still in Sa...But the repatriation deposit will take little time

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (935) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.