Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,195 members, 7,953,701 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:58 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1824172 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (935) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Dare14: 2:58pm On Jan 10, 2013
chelseabmw:

Am still in Sa...But the repatriation deposit will take little time

like how long? did you also pay the repatriation deposit?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by alusaint: 3:43pm On Jan 10, 2013
Please house, I need you to explain to me. I am about applying for study permit bt I have this problem; am I supposed to download the application form from online or I write by myself and submit? Thanks for your responses.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chelseabmw(m): 9:13pm On Jan 10, 2013
Dare14:

like how long? did you also pay the repatriation deposit?

nope i did not pay
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kosoblanca: 5:58am On Jan 11, 2013
Pls somebody should help me I applied for a study permit on the 11 of december at the south african embassy and paid all the neccessary fees just for me to call them yesterday to find out if my visa is ready and they told me to get a medical aid confirmation and I don't even know what it means, so does any body know it and pls how can I get it to enable secure my visa because an suppose to travel on the 24th of jan, 2013.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by KayVirtuoso: 9:28am On Jan 11, 2013
@...collinsfbi....Thank u so much for ur help. I eventually
went to Abuja to submit. I went on wed and returned the same day. Honestly Lagos embassy has a problem. Abuja is so organized and nice to all applicants and of course no SAQA saga. I'm glad it went well.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by KayVirtuoso: 9:36am On Jan 11, 2013
@ kosoblanca... Did you pay for medical cover (Momentum Health - Ingwe Option)? If you did then they would have sent you the confirmation(proof of payment and membership) through email which you should print out and that's what the embassy wants.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by KayVirtuoso: 9:42am On Jan 11, 2013
kosoblanca: Pls somebody should help me I applied for a study permit on the 11 of december at the south african embassy and paid all the neccessary fees just for me to call them yesterday to find out if my visa is ready and they told me to get a medical aid confirmation and I don't even know what it means, so does any body know it and pls how can I get it to enable secure my visa because an suppose to travel on the 24th of jan, 2013.

@ kosoblanca... Did you pay for medical cover (Momentum Health - Ingwe Option)? If you did then they would have sent you the confirmation(proof of payment and membership) through email which you should print out and that's what the embassy wants.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kosoblanca: 10:12am On Jan 11, 2013
@ KayVirtuoso I did my medical insurance with IGI and they saw it accepted it now they are telling me to come to the embassy with medical aid confirmation, I called the insurance company and they said I should go with a medical report of fitness. Pls I need advice from this forum.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 10:13am On Jan 11, 2013
alusaint: Please house, I need you to explain to me. I am about applying for study permit bt I have this problem; am I supposed to download the application form from online or I write by myself and submit? Thanks for your responses.
complete form BI-1738, you can download it online

Gbamm over n out

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 10:24am On Jan 11, 2013
kosoblanca: Pls somebody should help me I applied for a study permit on the 11 of december at the south african embassy and paid all the neccessary fees just for me to call them yesterday to find out if my visa is ready and they told me to get a medical aid confirmation and I don't even know what it means, so does any body know it and pls how can I get it to enable secure my visa because an suppose to travel on the 24th of jan, 2013.
If you didn't include medical insurance, there is no way your application can be processed. You suppose to have confirmed this before you go ahead with submission. Thank God you were asked to bring additional docs and it wasn't an automatic rejection. If you have checked this thread earlier on, you wouldn't have made such mistake, at the same time, those guys who checked docs at the application centre before submission should have also alerted you but some of them don't work with the exact requirements given directly from the embassy. Get your medical insurance in time so that your application can be processed as soon as possible.

You will need to fulfill the requirements quoted below to be granted SA study permit
A duly completed application form signed by the applicant (BI-1738)
Passport valid for no less than 30 days after the expiry of intended visit
One (1) photograph of applicant.
Payment of the prescribed application fee
A vaccination certificate if applicant traveled through the yellow fever belt of Africa and South America
Proof of financial means (bank statements) which cover tuition fee and living expenses (There is no specific amount but be sure to have enough money to cover your tuition, living expenses and miscellaneous projects.
Medical cover in terms of a South African registered medical scheme
A medical radiological report (chest X-ray) or (skin TB test)
A police clearance certificate is required in respect of all applicants 18 years of age or older, in respect of all previous countries of residence for periods exceeding one year
A repatriation guarantee (110k in naija, almost 7k rand in SA)
Copy of a return air ticket if studies are less than 12 months
An official letter of provisional enrollment from the institution of learning concerned
Evidence of tuition payment/part payment depending on the school mode of payment
If student is under 21 years of age, the particulars of the person in the Republic who will act as the learner's guardian and confirmatory letter from such person, and proof of consent for the intended stay from both parents, or from the sole custody parent along with proof of sole custody.
If you intend to apply in Lagos Centre, you will need to include SAQA certificate or HESA exemption certificate but if you are applying at Abuja Centre, you don't need either of the two certificates
Gbamm over n out

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 10:59am On Jan 11, 2013
kosoblanca: @ KayVirtuoso I did my medical insurance with IGI and they saw it accepted it now they are telling me to come to the embassy with medical aid confirmation, I called the insurance company and they said I should go with a medical report of fitness. Pls I need advice from this forum.
You need a health insurance cover that is registered or recognised in South Africa, but i don't know about the one issued by IGI. If they accept IGI medical insurance then you still need to include a medical radiological report (chest X-ray) or (skin TB test).

Gbamm over n out

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lilybel: 12:06pm On Jan 11, 2013
Received thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ibrak200: 6:50pm On Jan 11, 2013
Plz where and how can i get a ticket intenary and hotel reservation for sa visa without payment or low payment anyway
Emiss4: Getting a south africa visa is not difficult..the embassy offers 3 month visa,2- 3 weeks duration for processing,requirement 4 sa visa includes yellow cards,statement of account,valid international passport,2 passport photography,company's letter head(optional),invitation letter(optional),ticket itineary,and hotel reservation..4 more info and update u guys in addition getting a visa @ lagos embassy is difficult unlike abuja embassy..the duratin in lagos embassy takes time up to a month..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by KayVirtuoso: 3:42am On Jan 12, 2013
kosoblanca: @ KayVirtuoso I did my medical insurance with IGI and they saw it accepted it now they are telling me to come to the embassy with medical aid confirmation, I called the insurance company and they said I should go with a medical report of fitness. Pls I need advice from this forum.

@...kosoblanca...Just like collinsfbi wrote you need a recognized south African medical cover. I would advise Momentum Health(Ingwe option) which most of us who have submitted used.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kosoblanca: 6:28am On Jan 12, 2013
house how much is the momentum insurance and can some one in SA help me to do it faster.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by teetee123: 8:37am On Jan 12, 2013
@Kosoblanc

kosoblanca: house how much is the momentum insurance and can some one in SA help me to do it faster.
@Kosoblanc

You don't need anybody to do it for u in SA. I was almost messed up by someone who wanted to do it for me last year.
Google Ingwe momentum student medical aid. The cost is R 3996 (N 80,000) for one year. Apply online , follow d instructions. Use d address of your department and expect the document emailed to u in 24 hours.
Use your Nigerian bank mastercard or visa card to pay online. I use GTB mastercard for transaction in Naija and SA.
Do this as soon as possible so that latest by Tuesday u
are good to go

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by teetee123: 8:49am On Jan 12, 2013
flowervase: please house i have a concern, I applied for study permit nov 2012 at Abuja to resume sch late January, I was asked to call back 3 weeks time which i did, having gotten thru i was told to bring additional documents which i did and was told to call back 1st week of January 2013, The thing is I have been trying to get them since last week anytime i do its either the man at the other end tells me they are busy or i should call back later and I don't want to travel all the way to Abuja the third time to be told its not yet ready. please is anyone in the house facing similar challenge? what can be done.

@ poster
I had similar challenge last year at the Abuja end. I was lucky to have a brother who was checking for me weekly. Will have to leave his office and stay at the embassy.
Look for someone in Abuja to do that for u. It could very frustrating.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by KayVirtuoso: 2:45pm On Jan 12, 2013
@kosoblanca...studenthealth@momentum.co.za
That's the site u need.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kosoblanca: 3:31pm On Jan 12, 2013
Thanks, can I send my broda that lives at Abuja to go and find out the particular document the embassy need from me?
Cos I stay in port harcourt.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kosoblanca: 3:39pm On Jan 12, 2013
@ KayVirtuoso and the entire house thank u very much am very grateful.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jorge1980(m): 11:14pm On Jan 12, 2013
collinsfbi: Yes! but for your travel itinerary, you do not need to use a paid ticket, just make sure your hotel booking is paid with confirmation.

Gbamm over n out

Hi Again - Does the paid hotel reservation have to be for the whole duration of the proposed visit days. thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 6:56am On Jan 14, 2013
jorge1980:

Hi Again - Does the paid hotel reservation have to be for the whole duration of the proposed visit days. thank you.
It has to correspond with the official number of days you intend to declare in your visa application letter.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ibrak200: 2:49pm On Jan 14, 2013
collinsfbi: It has to correspond with the official number of days you intend to declare in your visa application letter.

Gbamm over n out
Plz where and how can i get a ticket intenary and hotel reservation for sa visa without payment or low payment anyway. plz how can i get it
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by P406: 5:45pm On Jan 15, 2013
has anyone been given SA visa this year in Abuja?
My friend applied since the 2nd in abuja for tourist visa
his status is still the same being processed at the high commission.
He got his first alert from vfs on the 7th after 5days saying they sent
documents to high commission same day as submission.

what is happening cos he was thinking it will be out in at least
10days but now will be 2weeks tomorrow.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Zachxolan(m): 10:48pm On Jan 15, 2013
alusaint: Please house, I need you to explain to me. I am about applying for study permit bt I have this problem; am I supposed to download the application form from online or I write by myself and submit? Thanks for your responses.

hello house, I have just confrmed i have been accepted for masters at one of the university in south Africa, and I need TO get my study permit before the end of this month, right now I dont know what I would need at the embassy and how long it will take before registraation closes and secondly is there a difference between study permit and study visa cos I am confused kind of with the previous posts......please house I really need HELP
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by weztbarley23(m): 1:48am On Jan 16, 2013
Mr general pls I would like to know what cost to get south africa visa and what documents do I need
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by rooney11: 6:25am On Jan 16, 2013
@collinfbi and justwise, pls I applied for tourist visa in SA at oregun visa centre in lagos since december 13 and up till now have not heard from them and I do track my application online same story on their website that my application have been forwarded to SA high commsion for proccessing. Pls is there any means of knowing the delay and application status. I sent mail their email on their website noting up till now.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kentro201: 6:54am On Jan 16, 2013
jub009: @ chelseabmw, pls hw did u go abt d itineary ticket .

Please which Embassy did you submit to and who and what's d status of the person that sent you the invitation.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jub009: 7:47am On Jan 16, 2013
read from page 0 to d last page. u don't need any agent to get it done for u.

1: International Passport
2: Hotel Reservation
3: Evidence Of Flight Ticket
4: Bank Statement
5: Yellow Card
6: Letter of Identification/Incorp of ur working place

weztbarley23: Mr general pls I would like to know what cost to get south africa visa and what documents do I need

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cyril83(m): 8:35am On Jan 16, 2013
P406: has anyone been given SA visa this year in Abuja?
My friend applied since the 2nd in abuja for tourist visa
his status is still the same being processed at the high commission.
He got his first alert from vfs on the 7th after 5days saying they sent
documents to high commission same day as submission.

what is happening cos he was thinking it will be out in at least
10days but now will be 2weeks tomorrow.
ask your friend to check the receipt given to him, am very sure 14 working days will be written on it

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (935) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.