Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1737801 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (916) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 8:47am On Jan 16, 2013
P406: has anyone been given SA visa this year in Abuja?
My friend applied since the 2nd in abuja for tourist visa
his status is still the same being processed at the high commission.
He got his first alert from vfs on the 7th after 5days saying they sent
documents to high commission same day as submission.

what is happening cos he was thinking it will be out in at least
10days but now will be 2weeks tomorrow.
just exercise more patience, they will get back to you soon.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 8:59am On Jan 16, 2013
Zachxolan:

hello house, I have just confrmed i have been accepted for masters at one of the university in south Africa, and I need TO get my study permit before the end of this month, right now I dont know what I would need at the embassy and how long it will take before registraation closes and secondly is there a difference between study permit and study visa cos I am confused kind of with the previous posts......please house I really need HELP
Did you bother to check this thread at all before asking your question, anyway the answer to your question is on page 7 and 23, but try and contact your school first if you will need SAQA to process your registration or not as some schools require that you evaluate your result before registration. Best of luck!

Gbamm over n out

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 9:16am On Jan 16, 2013
rooney11: @collinfbi and justwise, pls I applied for tourist visa in SA at oregun visa centre in lagos since december 13 and up till now have not heard from them and I do track my application online same story on their website that my application have been forwarded to SA high commsion for proccessing. Pls is there any means of knowing the delay and application status. I sent mail their email on their website noting up till now.
through online tracking and try to exercise patience.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by flowervase: 12:30pm On Jan 16, 2013
Thank you so much, I have collected the permitwas given a yr visa, i want to know if i can book a one way ticket to SA instead of two way since i will be staying up to a year. my question is will it be fine wit SA immigration to book a one way ticket.

teetee123:

@ poster
I had similar challenge last year at the Abuja end. I was lucky to have a brother who was checking for me weekly. Will have to leave his office and stay at the embassy.
Look for someone in Abuja to do that for u. It could very frustrating.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ibrak200: 2:08pm On Jan 16, 2013
hello please which hotel can i book in pretoria, south africa for free or for low price i need to use it for my application for my visa to SA..... please help me out
jub009: read from page 0 to d last page. u don't need any agent to get it done for u.

1: International Passport
2: Hotel Reservation
3: Evidence Of Flight Ticket
4: Bank Statement
5: Yellow Card
6: Letter of Identification/Incorp of ur working place

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kellykings84: 4:09pm On Jan 16, 2013
I submitted my application exactly a week ago in abuja and i was sent a txt dis afternoon for collection and i got the visa 3months

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tokks: 4:16pm On Jan 16, 2013
Good day my naija people, how una dey. Compliment of the season to everybody.
Now let me go to my enquiries, I have south africa student visa which i got last year april 2012 which will valid till may this year 2013, i came back to nigeria and i gave birth to my second baby, now i want to take my children along with me next month feb 2013, to complete my programme, so i would i go about this that is to get visa for my two children (2yrs and 1 mth old babies)
your contribution and advise is welcome
toks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jub009: 8:22pm On Jan 16, 2013
Kindly make use of the google for ur search. There's a lot of hotels in pretoria which is cheap & expensive.
ibrak200: hello please which hotel can i book in pretoria, south africa for free or for low price i need to use it for my application for my visa to SA..... please help me out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by P406: 10:40pm On Jan 16, 2013
ibrak200: hello please which hotel can i book in pretoria, south africa for free or for low price i need to use it for my application for my visa to SA..... please help me out

I think you can register with booking.com and then search from there.Well as for me
the cheapest i saw was about 6k per night @ Guesthouse Threebees you can check them out.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tokks: 8:01am On Jan 17, 2013
kellykings84: I submitted my application exactly a week ago in abuja and i was sent a txt dis afternoon for collection and i got the visa 3months
Congrats
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by P406: 9:34pm On Jan 17, 2013
hello, the text message came in yesterday and he picked it up got 3mths m/entry.
thanks guys
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by flowervase: 8:54am On Jan 18, 2013
Please house I like to know if booking a one way ticket to SA is OK, I have a one year study permit. I want to know if i need to book a return flight as well because of immigration.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 10:16am On Jan 18, 2013
flowervase: Thank you so much, I have collected the permitwas given a yr visa, i want to know if i can book a one way ticket to SA instead of two way since i will be staying up to a year. my question is will it be fine wit SA immigration to book a one way ticket.
Of course you can book a one way ticket with your study permit but you may likely encounter problem if you can't defend yourself very well. Normally, a ticket is valid for one year (depending on carrier terms and conditions) and you are granted same one year study permit and they may want to use that to counter you but always point it out that you have sufficient fund to cover all your expenses and your return ticket but since you are not certain of a particular date of departure, that is why you decide to book a one way ticket but make sure if you have evidence of sufficient fund in terms of account statement or master card if such is requested.

Gbamm over n out

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 10:39am On Jan 18, 2013
check Purple Olive Guest House here, is one of the cheapest and their site with give you exact rate in naira http://www.purpleolive.co.za/ R230 = about 4k per night or check the site below to make your choice

http://www.hotelscombined.com

Gbamm over n out

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 10:48am On Jan 18, 2013
kellykings84: I submitted my application exactly a week ago in abuja and i was sent a txt dis afternoon for collection and i got the visa 3months
Congrats
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 11:19am On Jan 18, 2013
tokks: Good day my naija people, how una dey. Compliment of the season to everybody.
Now let me go to my enquiries, I have south africa student visa which i got last year april 2012 which will valid till may this year 2013, i came back to nigeria and i gave birth to my second baby, now i want to take my children along with me next month feb 2013, to complete my programme, so i would i go about this that is to get visa for my two children (2yrs and 1 mth old babies)
your contribution and advise is welcome
toks
Since they are dependents and under age, get passports for them, use all your docs for application, attached a copy of your permit, attached copies of their birth certs and write a comprehensive visa application letter and state your relationship with the kids and why they will have to travel with you but you must provide evidence of sufficient fund to support the application. I will advise you to apply for them under the general tourist category because you cannot apply under under family/relative category, only people with temporary or permanent permit status can apply under such category. A temporary family visa for South Africa is issued for two years and requires a South African citizen or permanent resident to be a sponsor. Sponsors must be able to demonstrate that they can provide a minimum of 5000 Rand per month in order to support the applicant. Your case is a bit different and looking at the fact that your permit will soon expire, it advisable you make the application under the general tourist category and serve as sponsor to your accompanying children.

Gbamm over n out

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kosoblanca: 6:52am On Jan 19, 2013
I was at the SA embassy at Abuja to check if my study permit is ready since on monday they have been postponing us, at last yesterday they said the machine is bad they we should come back on monday, that their technicians are on their way from SA.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by unstoppableman(m): 10:34am On Jan 19, 2013
Hi Everyone,

I need your assistance with little problem that i am having. am a first timer traveler, i just got visitor visa from south africa and i am traveling 31st of the month. MY question is that will $500 will be enough as bta? will i have problem with $500 at departure or arriving in south africa. please i need advise asap.

thank u
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 11:57am On Jan 19, 2013
unstoppableman: Hi Everyone,

I need your assistance with little problem that i am having. am a first timer traveler, i just got visitor visa from south africa and i am traveling 31st of the month. MY question is that will $500 will be enough as bta? will i have problem with $500 at departure or arriving in south africa. please i need advise asap.

thank u
With Just $500, you are good to go besides, don't be surprise that you may not be asked of any BTA on departure in naija and on your arrival in SA.

Gbamm over n out

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by unstoppableman(m): 12:18pm On Jan 19, 2013
collinsfbi: With Just $500, you are good to go besides, don't be surprise that you may not be asked of any BTA on departure in naija and on your arrival in SA.

Gbamm over n out

Thank you Boss
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kosoblanca: 6:42am On Jan 20, 2013
house, how can I pay for my momentum insurance online.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chelseabmw(m): 9:36am On Jan 20, 2013
unstoppableman: Hi Everyone,

thank u

Bros, Nigerian immigration will help you finish your $500.....Do u ve a hotel reservation or invitation letter?

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 11:57am On Jan 20, 2013
chelseabmw:

Bros, Nigerian immigration will help you finish your $500.....Do u ve a hotel reservation or invitation letter?
Don't give anybody anything, though when they see you as first time traveler, they may want to extort you but don't give anybody anything. Go with your hotel reservation confirm, identity card, receipt of your repatriation fee (if you have), letter of absent from work (Leave letter) and it must correspond with your identity card, all in your hand luggage. Don't put any anything without name in your luggage, though they will look for a way for you to pay but tell them you don't have much and the little you have is in dollar ($100 each) and you need to use it on arrival. If you want to spend money then go ahead na your loss but nobody will kill you for not giving.

Gbamm over n out

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by unstoppableman(m): 1:02pm On Jan 20, 2013
chelseabmw:

I have My hotel reservation. I don't have invitation letter.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by unstoppableman(m): 1:06pm On Jan 20, 2013
collinsfbi: Don't give anybody anything, though when they see you as first time traveler, they may want to extort you but don't give anybody anything. Go with your hotel reservation confirm, identity card, receipt of your repatriation fee (if you have), letter of absent from work (Leave letter) and it must correspond with your identity card, all in your hand luggage. Don't put any anything without name in your luggage, though they will look for a way for you to pay but tell them you don't have much and the little you have is in dollar ($100 each) and you need to use it on arrival. If you want to spend money then go ahead na your loss but nobody will kill you for not giving.

Gbamm over n out

I don't have identification card ( only my passport) , I didn't pay for repartiation fees, I don't have letter of absent from work because i am not working. I am not carrying any luggages. Just my clothes and my laptop thats all. all the document i have to travel is, Yellow card,My passport,hotel reservation, and my flight ticket is that ok?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by niger2020(m): 2:14pm On Jan 20, 2013
Pls does anyone know if therez a general delay at the SA embassy inlagos? My mum submitted a visa application just b4 christmas and we are still waiting endlessly. Any useful info will be appreciated
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cyril83(m): 3:37pm On Jan 20, 2013
unstoppableman:

I don't have identification card ( only my passport) , I didn't pay for repartiation fees, I don't have letter of absent from work because i am not working. I am not carrying any luggages. Just my clothes and my laptop thats all. all the document i have to travel is, Yellow card,My passport,hotel reservation, and my flight ticket is that ok?
don't worry, just follow the advice of collins, don't give anybdy dime besides if they ask for purpose of travelling don't tell them ur visiting anybody just tell them you are a student going for a research bcoz if you tell them ur on visitation they may ask for invitation letter.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by unstoppableman(m): 4:55pm On Jan 20, 2013
cyril83: don't worry, just follow the advice of collins, don't give anybdy dime besides if they ask for purpose of travelling don't tell them ur visiting anybody just tell them you are a student going for a research bcoz if you tell them ur on visitation they may ask for invitation letter.

Thank You.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tokks: 7:03pm On Jan 20, 2013
collinsfbi: Since they are dependents and under age, get passports for them, use all your docs for application, attached a copy of your permit, attached copies of their birth certs and write a comprehensive visa application letter and state your relationship with the kids and why they will have to travel with you but you must provide evidence of sufficient fund to support the application. I will advise you to apply for them under the general tourist category because you cannot apply under under family/relative category, only people with temporary or permanent permit status can apply under such category. A temporary family visa for South Africa is issued for two years and requires a South African citizen or permanent resident to be a sponsor. Sponsors must be able to demonstrate that they can provide a minimum of 5000 Rand per month in order to support the applicant. Your case is a bit different and looking at the fact that your permit will soon expire, it advisable you make the application under the general tourist category and serve as sponsor to your accompanying children.

Gbamm over n out
THANKS ALOT COLLINS I WILL DO AS U SAID I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR CONCERN.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Zachxolan(m): 9:51pm On Jan 20, 2013
collinsfbi: Did you bother to check this thread at all before asking your question, anyway the answer to your question is on page 7 and 23, but try and contact your school first if you will need SAQA to process your registration or not as some schools require that you evaluate your result before registration. Best of luck!

Gbamm over n out
Thanx collins but I still av a few questions should I download the bi-1738 online or wait to be given, secondly which embassy do u th ink is best for fast processing of the study permit?

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (916) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.