Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1735547 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by oluwa234: 4:42pm On Sep 17, 2016
Hello Nairalanders. I am wondering if anyone has experience with transit in Johanessburg. I will be travelling from Australia to Johanessburg on Etihad airways and then to Lagos on South African Airways. Please will i be allowed to transit without a visa? I was informed by the South African consulate that they no longer process SA transit visas and the person didnt give any other information.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stevetop(m): 7:32pm On Sep 17, 2016
You will not need a transit visa if you don't plan to leave the airport. If your flight is delayed for up to 24 hours, you will have an option of getting a transit visa at the airport. I hope that helps.

Cheers
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stevetop(m): 7:34pm On Sep 17, 2016
mzjennypher:
Hello all pls where can i get rands cos most banks do not have rand ooo

Hello, why do you need rands? It makes economic sense to travel here with Dollars.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stevetop(m): 7:39pm On Sep 17, 2016
mojohnny:
Hello Mr Stagerlee
I have a quick question.
Is it true that I can get back all my VAT at the airport if I keep my receipts and tender them?
Thanks quote author=staggerlee post=49313560]Meanwhile I am looking for people with legitimate visas in the republic but want to change status or extend, have opened an advisory office here with little cost. So hit me up, have also made in roads into the DHA, so there is a high chance of you getting your application approved, sorry guys no more free bees

Hello, I have a study permit presently, but I plan to change my school next year because I just got a better scholarship, how do I change my permit to the new school?

Cheers
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stevetop(m): 7:48pm On Sep 17, 2016
ftromy:

1- I am not so sure about transcripts certification because it must be sealed in principle and addressed to wherever you want to send it,(I will still confirm this and let u know),
2- get both photocopies of passports data page and certificates, and their originals to any court. They should certify them there. I leave around Iyana in Ota along the road to Canaan Land. I have certified so many times at the Ota high court just in front of Honda company and it's 250 naira per page.

3- You can use any Express mail to send the documents to your friend in UJ. Just for him to give you the correct address.

I am also aware that the SA custom inspects everything coming into the country and that at times delays the mail and prolongs the waiting time on the receivers end.
I had the experience, i was in UJ and documents were sent to me. I expected to have them within the normal 3-4 working days but I didn't till I left. It arrived about 2weeks later and the explanation above is what I was given.
Sorry, very long and boring? I hope it helps anyway.

If you have a copy of your transcript, Student's copy or original, just make a photocopy along with the passport data page and any other document you need to certify, take them to the nearest high court to you and get them certified. I did mine for 200 naira a piece. That wat some time ago though.

As for the mailing thing, I would advise you use registered mail, if you have like a month to wait. It is safe and ridiculously cheap.

I hope this helps.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stevetop(m): 7:54pm On Sep 17, 2016
mojohnny:
Okay. My colleagues that came in on Saturday came in via Ethiopian airlines.theybhad a stop over in Addis Ababa for 2 hours. They however told me that they had to pay $100 at immigration in Nigeria which they said was impaction fee and they were given receipt for and they said they were told it will be returned to them upon arrival ( I and my friends weren't asked that though)
At the Point of Entry here I had a smooth entry, the guy just asked me what I was here for and I told him and he stamped me in. It took less than 2 minutes.
In fact my friend wasn't even asked his reason for coming while my other friend was delayed for about an hour while they were trying to confirm our accommodation. So I must say it depends on luck.
Just be confident and ensure you have the following
A. YELLOW CARD (it's very Key)
B. Return ticket
C. Proof of accommodation
D. Any other documents supporting your reason for entry.
Have a safe trip whenever you are coming.

The name of the fee is repatriation fee and you could give the teller used to pay to a friend or relative to collect the money on your behalf the following day after your departure. I have stopped flying Ethiopian Airways though - I feel it is an affront to us as Nigerians - given that even the SA embassy has stopped all that shenanigan
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Frekey: 8:49pm On Sep 17, 2016
etoman1:
yes oo! I got like 3 messages from them.. but those that guarantee that my visa is out and successful? ?

Not really. But I'm sure you'll get it. Was it a study permit you applied for ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by HLion(m): 10:50pm On Sep 17, 2016
Hey guys...am planning on applying for an undergraduate programme at University of johannesburg...School fees is ab8ut R27,000...and cost of accomodation is almost about R22,000...How much will it cost to get a place just close to the school...Low budget though...Is it possible to apply witj just WAEC nd GCE/NECO sittings pr with ISAT or TOEFL..Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by HLion(m): 11:10pm On Sep 17, 2016
And i stand to be corrected about the tution fees ...i just made the estimate...nd besides i heard that Unisa(University of south africa)is much more cheaper that UJ..i dnt know how true that is
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by etoman1(m): 7:31am On Sep 18, 2016
Frekey:

Not really. But I'm sure you'll get it. Was it a study permit you applied for ?
visit. ..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by etoman1(m): 7:33am On Sep 18, 2016
PLEASE WHATS THE CHEAPEST AIRLINE/Airways to use??
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Frekey: 5:14pm On Sep 18, 2016
How long does a study permit take to be processed in the South African high commission in Lagos. And who had or has applied for a study permit lately? I'd want to share with you.
Cheers
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Iamabraham(m): 6:19pm On Sep 18, 2016
Ugosample:

Please share on how you did your certificate evaluation and the cost.
Thanks

I took the original credentials along with their photocopies to a court in Ibadan. I was charged #200 per page. It was certified under 15minutes
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Iamabraham(m): 7:52pm On Sep 18, 2016
stevetop:

If you have a copy of your transcript, Student's copy or original, just make a photocopy along with the passport data page and any other document you need to certify, take them to the nearest high court to you and get them certified. I did mine for 200 naira a piece. That wat some time ago though.

As for the mailing thing, I would advise you use registered mail, if you have like a month to wait. It is safe and ridiculously cheap.

I hope this helps.

Please, kindly expatiate more on the "registered mail" you talked about. thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Pendragon1: 7:58pm On Sep 18, 2016
@everyone in the house can I change my visiting visa to permanent stay upon arrival in the Republic South Africa 🇰🇷? Only giving 3months visit with my virgin passport, pls early reply
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 11:11pm On Sep 18, 2016
Pendragon1:
@everyone in the house can I change my visiting visa to permanent stay upon arrival in the Republic South Africa 🇰🇷? Only giving 3months visit with my virgin passport, pls early reply
NEVER!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mojohnny(m): 5:25am On Sep 19, 2016
Hi guys.
Please is there anyone that applied for a Visitors visa after 30th Of August and has picked up their Visa?
Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by etoman1(m): 6:19am On Sep 19, 2016
mojohnny:
Hi guys.
Please is there anyone that applied for a Visitors visa after 30th Of August and has picked up their Visa?
Thanks
will pick mine today in abj. I just hope it turns out good cos my BP d high as I d talk now.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ugosample(m): 6:39am On Sep 19, 2016
Iamabraham:

I took the original credentials along with their photocopies to a court in Ibadan. I was charged #200 per page. It was certified under 15minutes
Thanks.....
How does that SAQA thing work sef.....
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mzjennypher(f): 7:13am On Sep 19, 2016
stevetop:

Hello, why do you need rands? It makes economic sense to travel here with Dollars.

@stevetop really? now am confused some say usd some say rand whew!!!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Iamabraham(m): 8:11am On Sep 19, 2016
Ugosample:

Thanks.....

I don't have the full understanding but I know the certified credentials will be assessed and graded.

People can throw more light on it.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Iamabraham(m): 8:13am On Sep 19, 2016
Please , your boy is still here o.
I need help in sending my certified credentials to a friend in SA.

Thanking you in advance.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stevetop(m): 10:55am On Sep 19, 2016
Iamabraham:

Thanking you in advance.

Hello, just walk into the nearest post office and ask for the registered mail counter. It takes about three weeks for mails to get here, but it will get here in one piece- and it is quite cheap too- as low as 1500.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stevetop(m): 10:57am On Sep 19, 2016
mzjennypher:

@stevetop really? now am confused some say usd some say rand whew!!!

It is simple maths my dear, Rands is getting weaker against the Dollar daily while it is getting stronger against Naira. Rands is about 35 naira in the black market at the moment... do your calculation. 1 Dollar equals 14 rands.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ladylco: 12:04pm On Sep 19, 2016
vozkini:

Please I do not wish to say that your calculation is wrong but please tell me how you arrive at the amount hence by looking at the dollar rate here is 420 X $100 = 42,000.00
100 dollars is 1427.37rands. To get actual amount = 42,000/1427.37 your actual rate to naira should be naira 29.424kobo .
Please prove me wrong and tell me how you arrived at 13.36. Thank you

read his post carefully, his quote was Dollar to Rands which gave him 13.36R /$1, not naira to Rands have you have calculated.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 1:29pm On Sep 19, 2016
Ugosample:

Thanks.....
Your results will be evaluated because our educational system not this same .It is a kind of comparison of your results to Sa system .Passport data page ,transcript ,waec and other docs are submitted .All these docs must be certified .100naira in Sabo ,yaba
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 1:30pm On Sep 19, 2016
Iamabraham:

Thanking you in advance.
Ask for anyone traveling they can help you bring along
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ugosample(m): 2:02pm On Sep 19, 2016
samuelUMOH:
Your results will be evaluated because our educational system not this same .It is a kind of comparison of your results to Sa system .Passport data page ,transcript ,waec and other docs are submitted .All these docs must be certified .100naira in Sabo ,yaba

Then my bro would mail the copies down to S.A. right?
How much is the SAQA thing?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mojohnny(m): 2:08pm On Sep 19, 2016
One thing I would like to add to the whole exchange rate thing is that try and leave some money in your account and Use your atm card. I have been using my cards here since last week and by the time I got my debit alert the rate my bank used was like 28 Naira which isn't bad at all.
So use your ATM cards. Most banks allow international POS use of about 1,200 dollars a month which is quite sizeable if you are visiting.
Some banks require you to write a letter to that effect so I advise you check with your bank before travelling.
Enjoy.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by know: 6:24pm On Sep 19, 2016
Ethiopian airlines seems to be collecting $300 repatriation fund as against the $100 earlier reported. Pls,can anyone who has flown with them recently confirm. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: hunee and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.