Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,903 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (258) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1727614 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Yhamo: 8:25am On Oct 01, 2016
elume2020:
Just to clear some air around ESCA, the new procedure is you take all documents you intend applying with to an organ in Centurion, for verification and validation. There a slip will be given to you which you will come along with to their office at Bruma Lake, Johannesburg. When I did mine this procedure wasn't in place then but now due to forgery of certificate the process has been intensified.
On the other hand, don't always expect to get a candidate engineer even if you hold a B. Eng. You might be called for interview, I was called, terrible because they were asking me to write some equations which I can't even remember the sequence of the formula but explained what it was used for. At the end I was offered a candidate Technician. I decline it and asked them to review their decision which the process is currently ongoing. I hope is comes out as what I wanted, not looking for a job though just wanted the right recognition.
So how did it turn out bro?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Pendragon1: 9:26am On Oct 01, 2016
@naijatisumi, @gazaqueen I should probably be in Jo'burg maybe from next week, glad if we could hit up together or DM me your email guys to hookup #lets_rock_SA
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Buccattee: 9:38am On Oct 01, 2016
Please am asking this for the third time, if anyone would be nice enough to help... I want apply for a bachelor degree in SA, so I need to evaluate my o level with SAQA? or I can apply with my certified o lever result. And please what university admits Nigerians with o level results?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by HLion(m): 9:52am On Oct 01, 2016
Buccattee:
Please am asking this for the third time, if anyone would be nice enough to help... I want apply for a bachelor degree in SA, so I need to evaluate my o level with SAQA? or I can apply with my certified o lever result. And please what university admits Nigerians with o level results?
...I dmt know about that there are some that accept O level results...Am also going for undergraduate next year...Going for University of johnnesburg(UJ) and University of South africa(Unisa)...Unisa is much more affordable...Just visit their website www.uj.ac.za or www.unisa.ac.za....so email them for enquiries or call them directly ...Hope that helps...Keep me posted on how it goes....
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by GazaQueen(f): 10:31am On Oct 01, 2016
cool cool cool
naijatisumi:

I will be in Johannesburg between 5/15 ! Let's rock SA
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by phemy1230: 10:40am On Oct 01, 2016
Pendragon1:
@naijatisumi, @gazaqueen I should probably be in Jo'burg maybe from next week, glad if we could hit up together or DM me your email guys to hookup #lets_rock_SA

have you heard from VFS? still waiting for them to get back to me and I am tired of waiting
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Femcesc07(m): 11:18am On Oct 01, 2016
So have you had from vfs bro
Pendragon1:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Femcesc07(m): 11:19am On Oct 01, 2016
Happy independent to you all ooo
God bless me... God bless Nigeria
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Pendragon1: 12:39pm On Oct 01, 2016
@phemy1230, @femcesc yea bro, I heard from them Friday afternoon it'll be ready first week of October starting from Monday-friday. So y'all should worry less, guess you also going to get yours by that time or get yours b4 mine sha, lol. All is well just hope bruh

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mojohnny(m): 12:51pm On Oct 01, 2016
If you are in Joburg I would recommend you visit Gold reef city(it's an amusement park and they have amazing rides of you are a thrill seeker). I was there last Saturday and it was fun. Just ensure that the day you go isn't a public holiday cos last Saturday was heritage day and the place was full to the brim and the queues for the rides were really long!!!!

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 2:20pm On Oct 01, 2016
Buccattee:
You need to submit documents for evaluation at HESA office for evaluation not Saqa .Saqa is for postgraduate studies however some private schools (not university) accept saqa for diploma courses .More importantly it is extremely difficult to be accepted with just o level results you need to have additional qualification ,like diploma ,Cambridge etc .This is so because it is assumed that Nigerian o level is a bit lower to SA matric .Above all , most applications for undergraduate closed 30 September for internatinal students. You can do a one year diploma course in Sa and apply with it .Check some schools perhaps they may admit you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by seangy4konji: 4:15pm On Oct 01, 2016
Hello here. Has anyone seen an application processed under 3 days at the South African embassy?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Frekey: 5:38pm On Oct 01, 2016
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Pendragon1:
@phemy1230, @femcesc yea bro, I heard from them Friday afternoon it'll be ready first week of October starting from Monday-friday. So y'all should worry less, guess you also going to get yours by that time or get yours b4 mine sha, lol. All is well just hope bruh
Hello, thanks for the information. But Monday is a public holiday. So maybe From Tuesday.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by seangy4konji: 6:56pm On Oct 01, 2016
Please I need someone to answer me.
seangy4konji:
Hello here. Has anyone seen an application processed under 3 days at the South African embassy?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by santos247(m): 7:07pm On Oct 01, 2016
Buccattee:

Your O level is lower than their MAtric certificate. Your best bet is to do A levels or enter a naija university and get a 100 level tanscript to apply.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by santos247(m): 7:15pm On Oct 01, 2016
Marcus992000:
Please guyz, any info on thr below, na we-we abeg.....thanks in anticipation .

You need to get all d documents ready, get to VFS office as early as say 530/6am and be lucky to get attended to fast enough. Your approved visa/passport can be delivered to you via courier.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by santos247(m): 7:26pm On Oct 01, 2016
HLion:
...I dmt know about that there are some that accept O level results...Am also going for undergraduate next year...Going for University of johnnesburg(UJ) and University of South africa(Unisa)...Unisa is much more affordable...Just visit their website www.uj.ac.za or www.unisa.ac.za....so email them for enquiries or call them directly ...Hope that helps...Keep me posted on how it goes....

The entry requiremnt to SA universities is a mAtric certificate which is deemed higher than our O level. I am not aware of naybody being able to use O level to secure admission directly. I know with your 100level transcript from a nigerian university or A level result, you can secure admission to do a bachelor programme. Cheers
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by santos247(m): 9:04pm On Oct 01, 2016
[quote author=callysea post=49836943]N30/Rand? That's same as Nigerian banks...I need lesser rate joor.

[/quote
A friend was charged 32 naira few days ago by FCMB. Aboki would also charge you much higher.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by santos247(m): 9:05pm On Oct 01, 2016
[quote author=callysea post=49836943]N30/Rand? That's same as Nigerian banks...I need lesser rate joor.

[/quote
A friend was charged 32 naira few days ago by FCMB. Aboki would also charge you much higher. You cant make Cash withdrawal with your ATM card (most banks i know) once you enter SA either. Cash tansit cost some risk too
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by GazaQueen(f): 9:18pm On Oct 01, 2016
Yes. My first application in 2013 took just 3 days! It was quite surprising cos I had no insider. Just normal application!
seangy4konji:
Please I need someone to answer me.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Femcesc07(m): 9:29pm On Oct 01, 2016
2013 is far back to the present naija we are now miss
GazaQueen:
Yes. My first application in 2013 took just 3 days! It was quite surprising cos I had no insider. Just normal application!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by seangy4konji: 9:38pm On Oct 01, 2016
Thanks.
GazaQueen:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Pendragon1: 9:43pm On Oct 01, 2016
Femcesc07:
2013 is far back to the present naija we are now miss

Are you in SA right now?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by callysea: 9:43pm On Oct 01, 2016
You can actually make cash withdrawals from ATM; that is if you inform your bank of your itinerary. Stanbic IBTC's rate is N30.55/Rand.

[quote author=santos247 post=49837010][/quote]

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by GazaQueen(f): 9:56pm On Oct 01, 2016
@Femces, he asked if anyone has seen an application processed under 3 days to which I replied. Have you got any problem with that bro?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Femcesc07(m): 10:05pm On Oct 01, 2016
Hehehe no baba, nah Bubu land I they ooo
Pendragon1:

Are you in SA right now?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Femcesc07(m): 10:09pm On Oct 01, 2016
Nope miss
Wasn't condeming your responds okay
Was just tryna make him things have change gan since 2013 to this time and was also trying to go by what @Pendragon said.
GazaQueen:
@Femces, he asked if anyone has seen an application processed under 3 days to which I replied. Have you got any problem with that bro?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by santos247(m): 10:21pm On Oct 01, 2016
callysea:
You can actually make cash withdrawals from ATM; that is if you inform your bank of your itinerary. Stanbic IBTC's rate is N30.55/Rand.

thanks for that info. what rate are you asking ? i can come to 29/rand

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.