Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (259) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1731280 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by penitential(m): 11:19am On Oct 02, 2016
һєʟʟo ɞяoţһєяs, PĹĔÁŚĔ ŴĤÁŤ PŔoĞŔÁM ČÁŃ Ĩ ÁPPĹŶ ŦoŔ ĨŃ ŚoÚŤĤ ÁŦŔĨČÁ Ťo QÚÁĹĨŦŶ MĔ ŦoŔ B.Eng ? I only have HND in Nigeria. Thanks for anticipated response.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elume2020(m): 5:12pm On Oct 02, 2016
Yhamo:

So how did it turn out bro?
They said my B. Eng is equivalent to a B. Tech. I didn't take their offer. I hope to re-apply at a later time. And if the results return the same, I will accept it and move on.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by penitential(m): 6:59pm On Oct 02, 2016
Who said it bro?
elume2020:

They said my B. Eng is equivalent to a B. Tech. I didn't take their offer. I hope to re-apply at a later time. And if the results return the same, I will accept it and move on.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Olutty88(m): 1:55am On Oct 03, 2016
Please how did you apply for the schlarship?
quote author=Marcus992000 post=49753260]Hi all....
Please i need help.
I was called to come to SA for an interview by the Mandela Rhodes scholarship board. The twist is my interview should be between 26-28 of october. The board is the one taking care of all expenses incurred from flight and accomodation.

I intend to apply for my Visa next week, cos im working presently and I dont have time at all.
Please how long will it take for d visa to be processed?
Can I get a yellow card from the airport on saturday, being oct 1 independence day, (dats d only time i can b free)__
How long will it take to be able to submit my application , i intend to sneak out of the office to do it next week monday, will it be possible (i work arnd VI).
And lastly, do you think it is feasible i get my visa ASAP.

Thanks all for your help. Im kinda at a loss .[/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Frekey: 6:43am On Oct 03, 2016
iambiola:
good evening guys . i stil havent heard from the embassy since aug 31st. when tracking my application, the response is still under-processing . and same person who we submitted togeda has gotten his visa. i called the embassy ,same response was given. i am getting really worried now. anyone with idea of how i can go about it. i would appreciate. thanks
have you got any message from the vfs ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Frekey: 6:47am On Oct 03, 2016
mojohnny:
Hi, a friend applied in Lagos on the 30th of August and she is still waiting on her visa. I don't know why the whole process seems to be taking longer than the 2 weeks mine took.
You can try calling the embassy to ask why.

has your friend got her passport/visa yet ? I'd appreciate if you let us know when if yes.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mojohnny(m): 8:37am On Oct 03, 2016
Yes she did
Picked up her passport on the 27th
Frekey:
has your friend got her passport/visa yet ? I'd appreciate if you let us know when if yes.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by oluwa234: 2:41pm On Oct 03, 2016
I have a multiple entry visa which expires in a few week and i intend to travel to SA for about 2 weeks. Does anyone know if i can extend my visa by a few days from Lagos?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Pendragon1: 5:29pm On Oct 03, 2016
oluwa234:
I have a multiple entry visa which expires in a few week and i intend to travel to SA for about 2 weeks. Does anyone know if i can extend my visa by a few days from Lagos?
No you can't since you've submitted already, all you could do is to extend in SA. If you wish to reside there for some time, or more than 2weeks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Buccattee: 8:22pm On Oct 03, 2016
samuelUMOH:
You need to submit documents for evaluation at HESA office for evaluation not Saqa .Saqa is for postgraduate studies however some private schools (not university) accept saqa for diploma courses .More importantly it is extremely difficult to be accepted with just o level results you need to have additional qualification ,like diploma ,Cambridge etc .This is so because it is assumed that Nigerian o level is a bit lower to SA matric
.Above all , most applications for undergraduate closed 30 September for internatinal students. You can do a one year diploma course in Sa and apply with it .Check some schools perhaps they may admit you.
Thanks for the response bro, I have a university diploma, and I have the certificate but no transcript, would you advise I apply with this? Or I should just apply for diploma after a year, I apply to degree?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by friendly101: 1:44pm On Oct 04, 2016
Thank God for journey me u am in Pretoria now....boarded Ethiopia airline the repatriation is true but I didn't pay and my hotel reservation was not confirmed or called.
Co's of the coy I work with, no disturbance at the airport either Nigeria or johburg.....
If you are in Pretoria u can Holla me......
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Pendragon1: 1:49pm On Oct 04, 2016
friendly101:
Thank God for journey me u am in Pretoria now....boarded Ethiopia airline the repatriation is true but I didn't pay and my hotel reservation was not confirmed or called.
Co's of the coy I work with, no disturbance at the airport either Nigeria or johburg.....
Kongrats for your success bruh, really happy for you. Has anyone in the room heard from vfs?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 1:50pm On Oct 04, 2016
This #feesmustfall protest has got out of hand mehn! Its so sad
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Pendragon1: 1:52pm On Oct 04, 2016
friendly101:
And again what questions were you asked at the point of departure in muritala Mohammed airport and point of entry in Jo'burg?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Pendragon1: 1:54pm On Oct 04, 2016
staggerlee:
This #feesmustfall protest has got out of hand mehn! Its so sad
Bruh what fees are you talking 'bout?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Femcesc07(m): 1:58pm On Oct 04, 2016
He's talking about free education stuff in SA
Pendragon1:

Bruh what fees are you talking 'bout?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Femcesc07(m): 2:00pm On Oct 04, 2016
Congratulations bro, enjoy your stay in SA.
friendly101:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by friendly101: 2:47pm On Oct 04, 2016
Pendragon1:

And again what questions were you asked at the point of departure in muritala Mohammed airport and point of entry in Jo'burg?
Almost same question what's my mission in SA and how many days will I be spending? ......
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by friendly101: 2:49pm On Oct 04, 2016
Femcesc07:
Congratulations bro, enjoy your stay in SA.
Thanks brother. ...#winks#
Please who ever wanna come this month should get a jacket the cold his killing I almost turn into ice.....lol.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by phemy1230: 2:52pm On Oct 04, 2016
@pendragon1 I haven't heard from them, online it shows its still under assessment at the high commission, they said 6 working days its now 15 working days.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 2:55pm On Oct 04, 2016
friendly101:

Please who ever wanna come this month should get a jacket the cold his killing I almost turn into ice.....lol.

Cold in October?..... Where are you in SA?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 3:06pm On Oct 04, 2016
[quote author=staggerlee post=49910029]This #feesmustfall protest has got out of hand mehn! Its so sad[/quote.Stop exaggerating about negative things it is not sign of maturity .I was on campus today lecture went fine and most schools resumed lectures .If where you are, there is chaos don't use it as a platform to discourage others from applying to schools in Sa .

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 3:10pm On Oct 04, 2016
Buccattee:

Thanks for the response bro, I have a university diploma, and I have the certificate but no transcript, would you advise I apply with this? Or I should just apply for diploma after a year, I apply to degree?
A diploma is okay but there must evidence to show the subject you pased .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 3:21pm On Oct 04, 2016
[quote author=samuelUMOH post=49911957][/quote]

Jeez, how as my statement discouraged people, can't you see the protests on TV, are you in another world, for the first time in the history of fees protests three women went nu.de to protest, that is crazy in africa, culture. I am just saying what we saw on TV and you are saying am discouraging people. You just like white washing the true picture. Ther is a major possibility that this session might be shifed to next year and schools like Wits, UCT might not take new students for next year, why don't you want people to know this, if I do you will say I am discouraging people from coming, why won't I let them know its their choice to make. Maybe you are making money from gulible people on admission runs so you are not painting the true picture. Just search for #feesmustfall and #wits on social media and you will see how gory the protests have turned
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 04, 2016
staggerlee:

Jeez, how as my statement discouraged people, can't you see the protests on TV, are you in another world, for the first time in the history of fees protests three women went nu.de to protest, that is crazy in africa, culture. I am just saying what we saw on TV and you are saying am discouraging people. You just like white washing the true picture. Ther is a major possibility that this session might be shifed to next year and schools like Wits, UCT might not take new students for next year, why don't you want people to know this, if I do you will say I am discouraging people from coming, why won't I let them know its their choice to make. Maybe you are making money from gulible people on admission runs so you are not painting the true picture. Just search for #feesmustfall and #wits on social media and you will see how gory the protests have turned

I am sure everything is gonna be fine. The issue at Wits has to do with presence of SAPS on campus. For other institutions, the challenge is getting to class or losing an academic session next year.

Blade Nzimades' discussion at Imbizo yesterday does not look like its gonna yield any positives for student's call for free education.

Schools do not want to lose anything - completion of Year 2016 academic session, protection of assets, more funding from government/tuition and maintenance of top ranking.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by holluwai(m): 3:37pm On Oct 04, 2016
friendly101:

Nice one and enjoy your stay. But I have a question. How did you skip paying the repatriation fee? What did you say to them? If you can explain in details. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 3:43pm On Oct 04, 2016
Keneking:

I am sure everything is gonna be fine. The issue at Wits has to do with presence of SAPS on campus. For other institutions, the challenge is getting to class or losing an academic session next year.

Blade Nzimades' discussion at Imbizo yesterday does not look like its gonna yield any positives for student's call for free education.

Schools do not want to lose anything - completion of Year 2016 academic session, protection of assets, more funding from government/tuition and maintenance of top ranking.

Thank you for saying the reality
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Pendragon1: 5:12pm On Oct 04, 2016
friendly101:

Is it snowing over there by this time of the year, or normal rain cold, ability winter period?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:21pm On Oct 04, 2016
As the #fewmustfall protest is getting out of hand in wits main campus at Braamfontein‚ lectures continued as plan at the other two campuses (education and business campuses).

UCT,wits,Uwc to continue operation despite the fee protest.

Learning contines at Stellenbosch,Uj, up and few others.

The thing is majority wants learning to continue, while the minors are infringing on the rights of the majority so the schs are using it against d protesters legally. Police and private security are every where in campus using rubber bullets on these protesters and making arrest when necessary. Things would be back to normal its a place things works. I was in Jborg Oct last year when the #feeprotest wateva started at first and it didn't take long to be contained.

I dont see why it should discourage anybody coming in for study next year.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.