Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (256) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1727807 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by know: 3:50pm On Sep 28, 2016
inspire77:
Hi Everyone,

I thought i would come here to say thank you to one of the forum members "Know"' who responded and assisted with my inquiry someone bringing a few items from Lagos for me. This member assisted me wholeheartedly.
Trust is a big issue amongst us Nigerians, but its something still exclusive to a few.
Thanks "Know"'.

Whenever you return to SA, give me a shout and i will make your stay memorable.

You are welcome bro. Great meeting you. Such a pleasant and kind personality. Thanks for the Gold Guantrain card too.That was a lot.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by beebwai: 7:24pm On Sep 28, 2016
Hello, I have been a reader for a while, please which area of academics are u in @staggerlee ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Marcus992000(m): 7:55pm On Sep 28, 2016
Hi all....
Please i need help.
I was called to come to SA for an interview by the Mandela Rhodes scholarship board. The twist is my interview should be between 26-28 of october. The board is the one taking care of all expenses incurred from flight and accomodation.

I intend to apply for my Visa next week, cos im working presently and I dont have time at all.
Please how long will it take for d visa to be processed?
Can I get a yellow card from the airport on saturday, being oct 1 independence day, (dats d only time i can b free)__
How long will it take to be able to submit my application , i intend to sneak out of the office to do it next week monday, will it be possible (i work arnd VI).
And lastly, do you think it is feasible i get my visa ASAP.

Thanks all for your help. Im kinda at a loss .

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 8:05pm On Sep 28, 2016
beebwai:
Hello, I have been a reader for a while, please which area of academics are u in @staggerlee ?
Electrical Engineering (Telecoms) why?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by beebwai: 8:17pm On Sep 28, 2016
staggerlee:

Electrical Engineering (Telecoms) why?
u seem to be comfortable and quite informed too. I suppose I have a job. I want to know how available are jobs in the construction sector? Of course aftr studies. Thanks in advance
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Teed89: 10:35pm On Sep 28, 2016
ifyalways:

Last three consecutive months to the application date.

Is it 3months or 6months ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 10:59pm On Sep 28, 2016
beebwai:
u seem to be comfortable and quite informed too. I suppose I have a job. I want to know how available are jobs in the construction sector? Of course aftr studies. Thanks in advance

I used to have a job but resigned to face some business concerns in Nigeria and finish up my PHD. I shuttle between Nigeria and SA now, very often.
Am not sure of construction studiesn problem with construction is there are too many people in construction, you have civil engineering, regional planners, construction studirs in some schools it is construction engineers, so its a tough one but if it is possible
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by naruto02(m): 12:30am On Sep 29, 2016
The international transaction limit on Naira MasterCard is really killing me.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Marcus992000(m): 2:38am On Sep 29, 2016
Please guyz, any info on thr below, na we-we abeg.....thanks in anticipation .

Marcus992000:
Hi all....
Please i need help.
I was called to come to SA for an interview by the Mandela Rhodes scholarship board. The twist is my interview should be between 26-28 of october. The board is the one taking care of all expenses incurred from flight and accomodation.

I intend to apply for my Visa next week, cos im working presently and I dont have time at all.
Please how long will it take for d visa to be processed?
Can I get a yellow card from the airport on saturday, being oct 1 independence day, (dats d only time i can b free)__
How long will it take to be able to submit my application , i intend to sneak out of the office to do it next week monday, will it be possible (i work arnd VI).
And lastly, do you think it is feasible i get my visa ASAP.

Thanks all for your help. Im kinda at a loss .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cutieme(m): 7:05am On Sep 29, 2016
@staggerlee,pls bro,can someone with a degree certificate in chemistry apply for a critical work visa? thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 7:38am On Sep 29, 2016
cutieme:
@staggerlee,pls bro,can someone with a degree certificate in chemistry apply for a critical work visa? thanks.

Yes but depends on a lot of criteria
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ifyalways(f): 9:24am On Sep 29, 2016
Teed89:

Is it 3months or 6months ?
6 months, my bad.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ifyalways(f): 9:29am On Sep 29, 2016
naruto02:
The international transaction limit on Naira MasterCard is really killing me.
Pay with POS as much as possible. POS allows up to $1500 monthly. ATM withdrawals are however limited to $200 to $400 daily depending on bank.

Also, there are some Nigerians who can give you rands cash and you transfer the naira equivalence to their Nigerian bank account, if you do Internet banking(face to face transaction Adviced!) @ Randburg etc
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by naruto02(m): 9:56am On Sep 29, 2016
ifyalways:

Pay with POS as much as possible. POS allows up to $1500 monthly. ATM withdrawals are however limited to $200 to $400 daily depending on bank.

Also, there are some Nigerians who can give you rands cash and you transfer the naira equivalence to their Nigerian bank account, if you do Internet banking(face to face transaction Adviced!) @ Randburg etc
My account is all messed up after using $200 on ATM I can't withdraw anymore or use POS then at the last quarter of the month it goes back working but I still can't use POS. Where is randburg I'd like to try out this option you suggested
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ifyalways(f): 10:03am On Sep 29, 2016
naruto02:

My account is all messed up after using $200 on ATM I can't withdraw anymore or use POS then at the last quarter of the month it goes back working but I still can't use POS. Where is randburg I'd like to try out this option you suggested
Which bank? You don't have more than one atm? Sorry o.

Stanbic gives the best rates anyways. Also did you inform your bank you were travelling BEFORE leaving Naija? Could be a reason for your predicament.

Dunno where u are in SA but just ask around from any Nigerian especially Igbo genuine business men etc the ones that operate Nigerian restaurants and food stuff.

Pele.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by naruto02(m): 10:32am On Sep 29, 2016
ifyalways:

Which bank? You don't have more than one atm? Sorry o.

Stanbic gives the best rates anyways. Also did you inform your bank you were travelling BEFORE leaving Naija? Could be a reason for your predicament.

Dunno where u are in SA but just ask around from any Nigerian especially Igbo genuine business men etc the ones that operate Nigerian restaurants and food stuff.

Pele.
I use Stanbic ibtc. a day before I left I went to the bank to inform them, the lady just said it's fine you can use the ATM there.After one month of using the ATM here the acc was suspended because of the series of use of ATM from unfamiliar location I called them and they said it's because I didn't notify them. Then I got them to fix it, ever since my acc has been giving me headache. It rejects payment on POS which I was using before, i don't get to withdraw the monthly $300 equivalent even when I'm using standard bank ATM. I live in Port Elizabeth. The only Nigerians I know here are in school they receive cash through their parents sending from dorm acc.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Teed89: 11:11am On Sep 29, 2016
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ifyalways(f): 11:16am On Sep 29, 2016
Teed89:

Ify mama... thanks. I will like to have your candid opinion. I want to visit SA November. What's the best way to go about it? I have a good job, single. I know due to the MTV mama awards taking place next month SA VFS will have much applications. When is the best time to apply ?
I think you should apply ASAP.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ifyalways(f): 11:21am On Sep 29, 2016
naruto02:

I use Stanbic ibtc. a day before I left I went to the bank to inform them, the lady just said it's fine you can use the ATM there.After one month of using the ATM here the acc was suspended because of the series of use of ATM from unfamiliar location I called them and they said it's because I didn't notify them. Then I got them to fix it, ever since my acc has been giving me headache. It rejects payment on POS which I was using before, i don't get to withdraw the monthly $300 equivalent even when I'm using standard bank ATM. I live in Port Elizabeth. The only Nigerians I know here are in school they receive cash through their parents sending from dorm acc.
Too bad. Call or email Stanbic again and explain your predicament to them. Better still have one of your parents visit a branch preferably their head office in Nigeria to have a chat with them.

I don't know anyone in Port Elizabeth. My daughter schools in Cape Town and does not have money issues as she went with GTB, access and stanbic cards plus the occasional naira transfer, rands cash transaction.

SorryO
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mzjennypher(f): 11:35am On Sep 29, 2016
Marcus992000:
Please guyz, any info on thr below, na we-we abeg.....thanks in anticipation .

@Marcus992000 u can get the yellow card on sunday morning am sure cos i got mine on a sunday as early as 9am but i cant guarantee u 1st of oct. if u can get to the vfs early enuf u shld nt spend more than 1hrs 30 mins max
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Teed89: 11:50am On Sep 29, 2016
ifyalways:

I think you should apply ASAP.

Thank you ma
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 29, 2016
ifyalways:

Too bad. Call or email Stanbic again and explain your predicament to them. Better still have one of your parents visit a branch preferably their head office in Nigeria to have a chat with them.

I don't know anyone in Port Elizabeth. My daughter schools in Cape Town and does not have money issues as she went with GTB, access and stanbic cards plus the occasional naira transfer, rands cash transaction.

SorryO

How is your daughter coping with the student wahala in that area? Hope you are in touch with her.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by naruto02(m): 12:11pm On Sep 29, 2016
ifyalways:

SorryO
Thanks!!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 29, 2016
Dexcmd:
I hope everything normalize in SA schools cos most of us apsiring pg students already have saqa certificate, applied and paid for application fee, av close to enough funds to cover fees nd odas and we anticipating to resume next year. Most of us can't afford to opt to western schools(Usa, canada nd co) cos
1. obviously we would ve to wait til late next year (cos of toefl,gre etc nd admission), after aw many month on saqa nd waitin 4admission? cry
2. Expensive nt everyone can afford it shocked
3. We've made grand plans to leave 9ja for studies early next year kiss

Infact even 9ja schools application z closed nd some av writen postgraduate entrance exam like ui, nd unilorin so we stranded if d issue escalates further. May God help us angry

Everything should be back to normal in few days. Court already ruled in favour of wits 4 students and staffs either to vote and resume or remain shut indefinitely. Some group of student leaders approached the court to challenge the referendum, saying unfair and non-transparent to vote (which definitely shows either minority of student support this or they don't believe the result would be fair). A friend enrolled @wits told me the vote is today and most of his SA citizen friends(blacks) want to resume classes and face their forth coming exams.

Voting will give students the power to decide for themselves if they want to study and pass, or protest and fail. Voting will reveal how many protesters are actually students (which looks to me as more of political). *my opinion

Dont lose hope, things would work out well in the coming days.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by phemy1230: 4:05pm On Sep 29, 2016
its now 21 days and 13working days since I submitted and no words from VFS, thought they said it should be between 6 and 10 working days for this process. please anyone who has received theirs this month should let us know, @pendragon1 @iambiola @frekey anyone heard from VFS this month?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cutieme(m): 6:19pm On Sep 29, 2016
@staggerlee,please what are the conditions or criteria for the critical visa? Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Marcus992000(m): 8:24pm On Sep 29, 2016
mzjennypher:

@Marcus992000 u can get the yellow card on sunday morning am sure cos i got mine on a sunday as early as 9am but i cant guarantee u 1st of oct. if u can get to the vfs early enuf u shld nt spend more than 1hrs 30 mins max

Thanks.@mzjennypher.

Im thinking of doing all tomorrow .
In a bit of a twist here though, my sponsors are the ones catering for my flight and accommodation , so I don't have any documents to submit for flight, accomodation and all. Please what do you suggest I do? Should I just submit it like that with the letter from the Mandela-Rhodes scholarship board?

Dont want to waste 30k o.

Fnks in anticipation
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Frekey: 8:38pm On Sep 29, 2016
phemy1230:
its now 21 days and 13working days since I submitted and no words from VFS, thought they said it should be between 6 and 10 working days for this process. please anyone who has received theirs this month should let us know, @pendragon1 @iambiola @frekey anyone heard from VFS this month?
I submitted on the 31st of last month. It's still under assessment at the high commission in Lagos for over 3 weeks now. It was a study permit I applied for.
This could be depressing at times. But I stlll have hope.
Cheers
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Pendragon1: 10:36pm On Sep 29, 2016
@phemy1230 today I was like wtf is happening to this vfs shit, and I went ahead to call SA officer in Jo'burg that my insider gave me 'em contact and I was told they gave 8500Nigerians visa in 1/2months and they still have a lot of people on ground to attend To. But funniest I was told they were attending to abj first then later Lagos, after that PH and the rest states

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.