Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,649 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (264) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1733784 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by DOOSNAS(m): 2:55pm On Oct 17, 2016
Solatium:

KQ is alright by all standard,the crew are courteous,the meal is standard,and the aircraft are also comfy.Give it a go you won't have regrets.trust me
bro, I can't eat their meal very poor, maybe cos is not 9ja food.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 17, 2016
wine4dguy:

Please the medical &radiology report for study visa application where can I get that?

Please bro, which of the postgraduate plans did you receive offer for from wits? Nd please where did u download the medical/radiological report form from?

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mzjennypher(f): 4:40pm On Oct 17, 2016
hello house pls who would be in jo'burg next week lets hook up.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Solatium(m): 6:50pm On Oct 17, 2016
DOOSNAS:
bro, I can't eat their meal very poor, maybe cos is not 9ja food.

What they served was normal meal an average airline will serve,it is not Kenyan meal,it is a meal design by international culinary expert,if you want naija meal on board i heard Ethiopia serves semolina on board their flight leaving Lagos
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mascot87(m): 8:41pm On Oct 17, 2016
mzjennypher:
hello house pls who would be in jo'burg next week lets hook up.

Hello, pls if I want to travel to SA for vacation just for 10 days, how much in total (range do u think it will cost me) i.e visa fees, hotel booking, flight & other processing fee.

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by friendly101: 10:05am On Oct 18, 2016
Solatium:

What they served was normal meal an average airline will serve,it is not Kenyan meal,it is a meal design by international culinary expert,if you want naija meal on board i heard Ethiopia serves semolina on board their flight leaving Lagos

Ethiopia airline was awesome...............I enjoyed the trip.
back to 9ja........
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by utijerry: 12:23pm On Oct 18, 2016
Hello house, can anyone help me with south African embassy lagos phone number, i need to talk to someone with authority, the security wont allow one to get past the gate, i asked for their lines and all 4 lines are not going throu, its really urgent, i would really appreciate a heads up
thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stevetop(m): 9:38am On Oct 19, 2016
Hello my people. Pls I need to change the conditions on my visa, I'm changing my school. What are the documents that I will need to send to Home Affairs? Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stevetop(m): 9:42am On Oct 19, 2016
mountmos:
Hello everyone, please I want to know how much SAQA charge for each certificate verification and will they verify only B. Sc and M. S results for PhD or WAEC inclusive?

Thank You!

They will evaluate B.sc and M.Sc only. For the rate you can check their website.

Cheers
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stevetop(m): 9:48am On Oct 19, 2016
staggerlee:

It depends on individual lifestyles, I don't know what fees are like in stellinbosch, fees vary on courses and schools. But for feeding and housing in stellinbosch a striclty white suburb in Western Cape, 45 mins drive from cape town is quite expensive so from to of my head I will say R6k to R7k a month. In todays Nigeria exchange rate, that's about a rand is 30 naira so that's about N180k to N210k.
Btw this isn't professional advise just top of my head

This is spot-on! Stellenbosch is quite pricey. If you are self funding I suggest you try other schools that are equally high ranking. Cheers
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stevetop(m): 9:55am On Oct 19, 2016
seangy4konji:
Which of his bank cards work well in South Africa please to withdraw cash

First bank Plc

Verve
MasterCard
Visa card?

Responses appreciated and do they argue a lot when you withdraw using the ATM assuming it works

Usage of Debit cards has been stopped. However, you could request for a dollar card from Stanbic
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stevetop(m): 9:59am On Oct 19, 2016
Pendragon1:

No you can't since you've submitted already, all you could do is to extend in SA. If you wish to reside there for some time, or more than 2weeks

You cannot extend your visa in South Africa! Except you have a temporary residence permit
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by phemy1230: 11:13am On Oct 19, 2016
Good morning everyone in the forum, I have few questions to ask, and I will be happy if any experts gives me a reply soon.

1) I heard passengers on South African airways are always treated better than other airlines by the south African immigration, I.e they don't scrutinize much on BTA with them?

2) what is the official BTA minimum to take over there?

3) what is the official dollar rate to naira now if anyone has an idea?

Thanks for the response.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Solatium(m): 3:00pm On Oct 19, 2016
phemy1230:
Good morning everyone in the forum, I have few questions to ask, and I will be happy if any experts gives me a reply soon.

1) I heard passengers on South African airways are always treated well to other airlines, I.e they don't scrutinize much on BTA with them?

The BTA issues is been make difficult by naija security agencies who tends to profiteer from it,the scare people and makes it look as if heaven will fall,where as the Immigration at the point of entry in SA rarely ask for your BTA,chances are they will ask for your Accommodation confirmation and Yellow card 10x before asking you for your BTA,.....Just look for like 3k rands or more depending on your stay period,no point in lookibg for scarce and highly priced dollars since you need rands and you are still gonna change dollars to rands
Thanks for the response.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by wine4dguy: 3:27pm On Oct 19, 2016
Dexcmd:

Please bro, which of the postgraduate plans did you receive offer for from wits? Nd please where did u download the medical/radiological report form from?

Thanks
Plans aero engineering the forms are on their site that's the vfs site
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hopy68(m): 3:29pm On Oct 19, 2016
So sad my visa was denied say doc lack credibility
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 9:12pm On Oct 19, 2016
stevetop:

You cannot extend your visa in South Africa! Except you have a temporary residence permit
The new immigration law allows you to extend your visitor's visa in Sa but not change to temporary residence .You can't CHANGE status but you can EXTEND .However you must have strong reasons for applying for an extension .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by oluwa234: 10:44pm On Oct 19, 2016
samuelUMOH:
The new immigration law allows you to extend your visitor's visa in Sa but not change to temporary residence .You can't CHANGE status but you can EXTEND .However you must have strong reasons for applying for an extension .

Hi. Please where can one apply for this extension and what does it entail including timeline? Any link to this information is appreciated. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by phemy1230: 4:17am On Oct 20, 2016
@solatium thanks for the response
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 5:10am On Oct 20, 2016
oluwa234:

Hi. Please where can one apply for this extension and what does it entail including timeline? Any link to this information is appreciated. Thanks
www.vfsglobal.com .There are vfs offices in all the provinces .Check the link above .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 5:18am On Oct 20, 2016
phemy1230:

1) I heard passengers on South African airways are always treated better than other airlines by the south African immigration, I.e they don't scrutinize much on BTA with them?

Thanks for the response.
Answers to your questions:
T he South African immigration has no business with the flight you boarded once you arrived,you will be on same queue for clearance with people who boarded Emirates .The issue is in Nigeria SA airways staff are well paid and have manners compare to Arik staff who perhaps not earning much and mostly Nigerians ,who will be asking you funny questions in order to rip you of dollars .

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 5:31am On Oct 20, 2016
samuelUMOH:
Answers to your questions:
T he South African immigration has no business with the flight you boarded once you arrived,you will be on same queue for clearance with people who boarded Emirates .The issue is in Nigeria SA airways staff are well paid and have manners compare to Arik staff who perhaps not earning much and mostly Nigerians ,who will be asking you funny questions in order to rip you of dollars .

Truth be told SAA passengers are treated better at immigration than arik passengers, this does not only occur in SAA and SA, it applies to all countries. Also direct flight from Nigeria to other parts of the world, passengers are treated so shabily unlike you fly via a connecting flight. Once its a Nigerian registered airline, the security level is raised, so checks are raised. It doesn't also mean that if you fly SAA you can't be returned at POE, you can if you no get right documents.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ifyalways(f): 8:32am On Oct 20, 2016
utijerry:
Hello house, can anyone help me with south African embassy lagos phone number, i need to talk to someone with authority, the security wont allow one to get past the gate, i asked for their lines and all 4 lines are not going throu, its really urgent, i would really appreciate a heads up
thanks
You better go back there and try to sort those security men. That's my own 2 cents.

Etinosajay:
14k rands available in SA
Pm me if you need it.
At what rate ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by phemy1230: 6:46pm On Oct 20, 2016
@Stagerlee all the immigration needs is to verify hotel reservations, yellow card, return ticket and maybe BTA right? is that all the docs needed?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 9:51pm On Oct 20, 2016
phemy1230:
@Stagerlee all the immigration needs is to verify hotel reservations, yellow card, return ticket and maybe BTA right? is that all the docs needed?

I think so, personally I have never been asked such questions anywhere in the world
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by wine4dguy: 12:21am On Oct 21, 2016
samuelUMOH:
www.vfsglobal.com .There are vfs offices in all the provinces .Check the link above .
Please I went to the vfs office in Port Harcourt today to apply for study visa and they are telling me the application starts in November, is that true?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by phemy1230: 1:16pm On Oct 21, 2016
can anyone on here who traveled recently help explain how he/she changed their currency,I want to do it before my travel date but the rates are just too ridiculous
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mascot87(m): 12:45am On Oct 22, 2016
staggerlee:

I think so, personally I have never been asked such questions anywhere in the world

Hello, pls if I want to travel to SA for vacation just for three weeks,how much in total (range do u think it will cost me) i.e visa fees, hotel booking, flight & other processing fee.

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mascot87(m): 12:50am On Oct 22, 2016
friendly101:

Thanks brother. ...#winks#
Please who ever wanna come this month should get a jacket the cold his killing I almost turn into ice.....lol.

Hello, pls if I want to travel to SA for vacation just for three weeks,how much in total (range do u think it will cost me) i.e visa fees, hotel booking, flight & other processing fee.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.