Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (267) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1730722 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by scottd: 7:39pm On Oct 29, 2016
hi, guys...please, am new on this nairaland....I want to know the minimum bank account statement to process South Africa....I mean how much must I have in the account....please any quick reply please
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elhafeez(m): 6:30am On Oct 30, 2016
scottd:
hi, guys...please, am new on this nairaland....I want to know the minimum bank account statement to process South Africa....I mean how much must I have in the account....please any quick reply please

It dépends on what you are going to there. A visit, vacation or study. The amount should be enough to cover for what you will be doing there in case including all travel expenses, if its à personal account. They also check how funds are debited and credited in thé account. so dont go paying 3 million at once. Good luck
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Raina80(f): 6:38am On Oct 30, 2016
It helps if the money has been in your account for at least 90 days. An invite from someone settled there would make a huge difference.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 5:07pm On Oct 30, 2016
adedejis:
pls I would like to apply for a tourist visa and i intend using an agent. I would like to know if vfs will verify from my bank the amount in my bank account and other documents cos i dnt want a situation where the agent will use a fake doc and it will later affect my chances.

This sort of question will not be answered here, present genuine bank statement and other documents then have peace of mind or allow an agent to submit fake and face the consequences. Whether the embassy verifies or not its not important

Good luck.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 30, 2016
aii bro, thanks
justwise:

This sort of question will not be answered here, present genuine bank statement and other documents then have peace of mind or allow an agent to submit fake and face the consequences. Whether the embassy verifies or not its not important

Good luck.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by globalresource: 2:07pm On Oct 31, 2016
Someone plz help me with return ticket price to south africa.the average and how much is the visa that will not span more than 1week. I need to attend a conference there. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ccollins(m): 11:21am On Nov 01, 2016
moneyhungry:

Guy, listen to me: NO TRY AM!.
That money you'd spend on traveling should be used to invest in your hair saloon business.
Lots of nigerians are here, living from hand to mouth because they never planned or listened.
If you don't have a good science degree, hot-in-demand skill or capital for business (at least 800k), don't think about coming to SA. If you do then be ready to live on peanuts or sell drugs (under a boss and earn b/w 3-5k rand) while you risk your life and/or going to prison.
Take it from a guy who knows the legal and street side of surviving in SA.
A word is enough for the wise.
Iokay I have the business capital you said in your post,how do I go about visa and starting in San,I also want to be a permanent resident
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dannie007(m): 4:45am On Nov 02, 2016
Hello house i have a question to ask, please a friend of mine application into a film production school as been accepted so they forwarded the bank account number where he is to send the deposit to, its a Citibank account, how do we go about the payment from here Nigeria? and again what and what does he need to apply for the Visa the duration of the course is from 03 February, 2017 to 30 November, 2017, thats a year. thanks and i awaits your reply.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by wine4dguy: 10:01am On Nov 02, 2016
Who knows whether vfs has started accepting applications for study visa as I was there late October and they said it will resume by November
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Erectus: 10:14am On Nov 02, 2016
So i got the visa yesterday after 8 working days, have got an exam in southy upper week, should be there for about a week, do i now need to pay for hotel before i get to the port of entry, plus the issue with most nigerian cards and foreign transactions doesnt make things easy at the moment.
Also apart from a return ticket and yellow fever card with my passport, do i need to present any other documents at the port tho?

Thanks in advance
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by inspire77: 11:13am On Nov 02, 2016
Hi Guys,

Is anyone from Lagos coming to Johannesburg or Pretoria anytime before the 12th November 2016? I'm looking for someone who might assist me in bringing some items over. One kind Nairalander here (Know) has assisted me before.

I also need Naira in Naija So if you need Rands, please let me know.
If you also have questions about South Africa, i'd be glad to provide some info.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by scottd: 1:42pm On Nov 02, 2016
hi guys, how many months can someone wait for, after being denied southy visa to reapply again?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by know: 2:22pm On Nov 02, 2016
scottd:
hi guys, how many months can someone wait for, after being denied southy visa to reapply again?

Like the next seconds....if you are genuine and all your document are authentic,pls go ahead and apply immediately again. This time,include a letter with application,telling them why you think their early judgement of refusing you wasn't correct and further address their reason for the refusal. Come back here and testify. Cheers
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by liv123: 9:40pm On Nov 02, 2016
Hi every one please i want to know if i can get back my repatriation fee from sa embassy this 3years now
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elhafeez(m): 11:48pm On Nov 02, 2016
Thanks to you guys who have shared their experiences and knowledge on this tread. I picked up my SA Visiting Visa today @ VFS office abuja. 6 working days after submitting the application. I really appreciate you guys. I didnt have to use anybody or agent, only what i read on nairaland.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Chukwuka16: 3:58am On Nov 03, 2016
Yes am going for p.HD in UKZN.

Hello @toyinajani,
Please pardon my request. I would want to know what docs are needed for study visa application and how you sorted the issues of accommodation and health insurance? I intend applying for visa in January when I return to Nigeria.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by liv123: 6:04am On Nov 03, 2016
Hi every one
please i want to know if i can still get back my repatriation fee from sa embassy since this 3years now should i go for it or not please help
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Chukwuka16: 6:16am On Nov 03, 2016
Hello house,

Please pardon my request. I would want to know what docs are needed for study visa application (phd) and how the issues of accommodation and health insurance are sorted? I intend applying for visa in January. My school is ukzn. I was not able to gather much from the pages I viewed. As regards account statement, what amount is reasonable enough as I have NRF funding?

[/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Alakeoladayo(f): 9:01am On Nov 03, 2016
Hello house
I applied for visiting visa and I have bn on this visa processing since last month
I have all the required documents
I was denied visa due to "insufficient funds"
My question; is it my account or my sponsor account that has insufficient fund?
Please house what am i going to do because am planning to reapply next week
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by beebwai: 10:12am On Nov 03, 2016
Chukwuka16:
Hello house,

Please pardon my request. I would want to know what docs are needed for study visa application (phd) and how the issues of accommodation and health insurance are sorted? I intend applying for visa in January. My school is ukzn. I was not able to gather much from the pages I viewed. As regards account statement, what amount is reasonable enough as I have NRF funding?

Pardon me, have got admission?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by WESTERNCR: 10:19am On Nov 03, 2016
Please I want to ask if my wife can submit on my behalf as am very busy and won't ave chance to visit vfs.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Solatium(m): 11:12am On Nov 03, 2016
scottd:

. Minimum of 400k as closing balance
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Solatium(m): 11:14am On Nov 03, 2016
liv123:
Hi every one
please i want to know if i can still get back my repatriation fee from sa embassy since this 3years now should i go for it or not please help
. After 3yrs.? Obviously you have over stayed your visa conditions..... Gbagbe eee
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by afelouz(m): 11:53am On Nov 03, 2016
Make sure you have a paid hotel booking and print the invoice along too for the payment. Also call the hotel before leaving d airport in naija to confirm your booking to make sure its paid for. If not u are coming back home straight!!
Also, as far as I know, gtbank card does work so buy your rands before leaving naija.
Since you are going to write an exam, take a prove along. The immigrations are strictly mad. The day i landed all nigerian passport holders were taken to the investigation room straight and many were returned back to lagos bcoz of hotel reservations

Erectus:
So i got the visa yesterday after 8 working days, have got an exam in southy upper week, should be there for about a week, do i now need to pay for hotel before i get to the port of entry, plus the issue with most nigerian cards and foreign transactions doesnt make things easy at the moment.
Also apart from a return ticket and yellow fever card with my passport, do i need to present any other documents at the port tho?

Thanks in advance
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Chukwuka16: 11:57am On Nov 03, 2016
beebwai:
Pardon me, have got admission?

Haha
Come's out month ending. Was delayed by my msc transcript. My supervisor has assured me of that.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Alakeoladayo(f): 1:30pm On Nov 03, 2016
xreal:

Emiss4, you said it all. Include proof of sufficient fund. Applicant need no Agent, no Tout.
Please like how much for both guest and host
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Erectus: 3:14pm On Nov 03, 2016
afelouz:
Make sure you have a paid hotel booking and print the invoice along too for the payment. Also call the hotel before leaving d airport in naija to confirm your booking to make sure its paid for. If not u are coming back home straight!!
Also, as far as I know, gtbank card does work so buy your rands before leaving naija.
Since you are going to write an exam, take a prove along. The immigrations are strictly mad. The day i landed all nigerian passport holders were taken to the investigation room straight and many were returned back to lagos bcoz of hotel reservations

Thanks bro, i would try doing the payment then, kindly state how you did your payments tho. Thanks. But then why are they making the rules soo strict just to get into SA. sigh*
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by afelouz(m): 5:30pm On Nov 03, 2016
Lol. Because Nigerians claims to visit and never return. Too many Nigerians without valid visa, study or work permit. Nigerians has gone as far as corrupting the SA police and immigrations so They take bribe so far you can 'make a plan'
As for payment, i sent money to my friend who paid on my behalf and supplied the hotel my details
Erectus:
Thanks bro, i would try doing the payment then, kindly state how you did your payments tho. Thanks. But then why are they making the rules soo strict just to get into SA. sigh*

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.