Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,068 members, 7,821,672 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (309) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1736841 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Adewole17: 7:39pm On Feb 22, 2017
AroogzBaba:
You do not need the SAQA for your Postgraduate application to UCT. However, I would say it doesn't hurt to have it done as I guess it should come in handy in the long-term.

What of Visa application? do i need it too? this is cos it is the only thing delaying my visa application now.

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by xreal: 7:51pm On Feb 22, 2017
When Visa is denied, how soon can someone reapply?

Pls advice.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Adewole17: 7:51pm On Feb 22, 2017
Ibfred:
Still waiting for my study visa to UCT. I called today and was told they are handling applications submitted on the 26th of January (I also submitted that day), hopefully I'll get my visa this week as orientation starts next week. Fingers crossed.

Pls where did you apply is it at Vfs or South African High commission?

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Adewole17: 7:56pm On Feb 22, 2017
Adewole17:

What of Visa application? do i need it too? this is cos it is the only thing delaying my visa application now.

Thanks

The SAQA is required cos my PhD is funded through TWAS/NRF
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Femcesc07(m): 7:56pm On Feb 22, 2017
Silvabae:

You know you will pay new application money?, and for appeal I think you need a Lawyer if it was an agent that applied he will know how to go about. And You have 10days from today to file your appeal. I'm praying now cs your rejection touched me and I have not seen mine and their delay shouldnt be an avenue to start creating problem.
You quote the wrong person bro
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Chukwuka16: 8:04pm On Feb 22, 2017
Adewole17:

The SAQA is required cos my PhD is funded through TWAS/NRF
Adewole17 I am also being funded by the NRF/TWAS at UKZN. I applied February 3rd without SAQA. I wasn't asked for it at VFS and I was told by my supervisor that I would not need it for visa application but for registration and completing my acceptance of the scholarship. Try getting a letter from UCT that you don't need SAQA for registration.

I have also pm'ed you. Please respond so we can keep in touch with our study permit and other requirement.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chizzyconcept(m): 9:24pm On Feb 22, 2017
Pls I want ask does flight expire. Like am yet to submit my study permit but I hv done my flight reservation.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 11:46pm On Feb 22, 2017
House please Help.

First I would like to ask how long it takes for an appeal to be reconsidered.

Basically, my brother was rejected because his bank statement "lacked credibility".
Truth is that the Statement is very authentic, what however went wrong was that the money in the account was transferred into his student account at UJ to facilitate his online registration soo literarily, the balance on the account was much lower than the amount in the statement.

We never thought of this while making the transfer/payment and he was given a deadline to register online which he can't do without paying most of his fees.

I would appreciate all advices that can lead to a way out of this mess as I am really confused right now.
THanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by temmyt20(m): 12:34am On Feb 23, 2017
friendly101:

ith your trip.

@ifyalways

one more thing, I hope re applying by 6th of march isnt too early. would be going for Easter celebration which is april 14 or there abt
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ifyalways(f): 7:47am On Feb 23, 2017
Unfortunately, you have no right of appeal. You can only re-apply again taking extra precaution on the reason of your denial.
Juwohn:
House please Help.

Basically, my brother was rejected because his bank statement "lacked credibility".
Truth is that the Statement is very authentic, what however went wrong was that the money in the account was transferred into his student account at UJ to facilitate his online registration soo literarily, the balance on the account was much lower than the amount in the statement.

We never thought of this while making the transfer/payment and he was given a deadline to register online which he can't do without paying most of his fees.

I would appreciate all advices that can lead to a way out of this mess as I am really confused right now.
THanks
u

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 9:21am On Feb 23, 2017
Juwohn:
House please Help.

THanks
He should reapply immediately. In this introduction letter he should explain what happens with the statement has he paid fees and also attach all proof of payment of fees at UJ to his application submitting the same statement of account submitted at first showing the money withdrawn from the account. But how was he able to finalize online registration without uploading a certified copy of Study permit?

If I may ask when did he submit the application and when did he get the response?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ifyalways(f): 9:27am On Feb 23, 2017
Larrywax2016:
Hi all, please how much is the submission fee for Critical skill Visa at vfs Abuja & do they accept cash or I have to use my debit card[color=#990000][/color]
Mr licensed estate manager. angry
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Larrywax2016: 9:30am On Feb 23, 2017
Its depends on the kind of Visa u applying for. I'm sure it's needed for Critical Skills & some post graduate programs in selected institutions.

The durations depends on when the courier deliver it to them which u will be sent an email to that effect. Then ur certificate is sent to ur school for verification. This is where u have to closely follow up with your school so they respond to their email to respond. Then, its couriered back to u. U will get emails for all this stages. It takes a month or more why largely depends on your ability to "follow up"
Adewole17:

Hi Larrywax, My SAQa status online now says 'Complete'. Pls how long can it take to get it? Also do i need it for visa, cos one friend of mine dere said i do not need it that i should go apply for Visa ASap. Thanks for your help.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Larrywax2016: 9:32am On Feb 23, 2017
I actually waited for my SAQA evaluation certificate before applying....what is worth waiting for is worth waiting for"
Adewole17:

Hi Larrywax, My SAQa status online now says 'Complete'. Pls how long can it take to get it? Also do i need it for visa, cos one friend of mine dere said i do not need it that i should go apply for Visa ASap. Thanks for your help.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Larrywax2016: 9:55am On Feb 23, 2017
All transactions are cash based. Critical Skills is around 54k another N4200 for UPS to courier the passport to u(optional).
ifyalways:

This is for Abuja vfs o.

Mr licensed estate manager. angry
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ibfred(m): 10:52am On Feb 23, 2017
Adewole17:

Thanks
It was at vfs (Portharcourt to be specific)
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ibfred(m): 10:55am On Feb 23, 2017
Mohayaks:

Please do UCT requires SAQA evaluation for postgraduate application
I don't think they do but it's always good to have it with you. You should contact UCT just to be sure. I have a similar document but it's the HESA type for undergraduates.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinkslinks(m): 11:43am On Feb 23, 2017
Mozambique is on arrival and Swaziland will be given in south-africa. Just needed multiple sa visa from nigeria so I can do my road trip.
femiaction:
Hello Mr Ajala hope you have sawziland /Mozambique valid visa before leaving Nigeria. Then make your enquiry very well brother . Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 1:46pm On Feb 23, 2017
Thecassanova:

He should reapply immediately. In this introduction letter he should explain what happens with the statement has he paid fees and also attach all proof of payment of fees at UJ to his application submitting the same statement of account submitted at first showing the money withdrawn from the account. But how was he able to finalize online registration without uploading a certified copy of Study permit?

If I may ask when did he submit the application and when did he get the response?

THanks for your response.
He applied on 18 January and only got a response this monday (20 February).
The University accepted his receipt of visa application to facilitate his registration and expected that it would be ready in 2 or 3 weeks...

With the situation on ground, he has to cancel his study at UJ and continue with WITS because he has missed too many lectures.
He can't use the previous statement now because the balance is very low but he has a letter of funding from WITS university that covers his tuition and he will be staying with me at JoBurg.

Do you think we should the statement of a family friend as sponsor?
The Guardian is willing to help.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ladylco: 2:14pm On Feb 23, 2017
Adewole17:

Thanks

As soon as you are able to prove that your circumstance (particularly the reason for refusal) has changed.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 2:38pm On Feb 23, 2017
Juwohn:

THanks for your response.
He applied on 18 January and only got a response this monday (20 February).
The University accepted his receipt of visa application to facilitate his registration and expected that it would be ready in 2 or 3 weeks...

With the situation on ground, he has to cancel his study at UJ and continue with WITS because he has missed too many lectures.
He can't use the previous statement now because the balance is very low but he has a letter of funding from WITS university that covers his tuition and he will be staying with me at JoBurg.

Do you think we should the statement of a family friend as sponsor?
The Guardian is willing to help.
Ok I've no idea the high commission confirm the present amount in the account as at when they checking not the amount it was when the statement was issued.

Yes he can use the statement. All changed details should be well explained in his introductory letter. First Why he changed institution, why a new sponsor, plus all those letters of fundings attached. And don't forget sponsorship letter.

When is he supposed to resume at wits? Cos this study permit is taking longer than expected these days.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Larrywax2016: 6:34pm On Feb 23, 2017
U mean properties or an Estate Agency Firm? In either case, YES but there are rules to be followed.
Dayhor:

Oh.. Non-resident foreigners are allowed to own real estates now?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Larrywax2016: 6:36pm On Feb 23, 2017
Ok. Looking forward to it.
ladylco:

For investment, I will send u a DM please responde lets talk off here. Thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 7:52pm On Feb 23, 2017
Thecassanova:

Ok I've no idea the high commission confirm the present amount in the account as at when they checking not the amount it was when the statement was issued.

Yes he can use the statement. All changed details should be well explained in his introductory letter. First Why he changed institution, why a new sponsor, plus all those letters of fundings attached. And don't forget sponsorship letter.

When is he supposed to resume at wits? Cos this study permit is taking longer than expected these days.

Thanks for the information. I will do accordingly.
WITS has resumed already since 6 February, I have taken consent from his department and they are willing to accept him.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 11:20pm On Feb 23, 2017
The National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) has given 48 hours ultimatum to all South African companies in Nigeria to relocate over the xenophobic attacks on Nigerians in South Africa.

The students gave the ultimatum at a peaceful demonstration at some South African companies in Abuja on Thursday. During the march the students carried a banner, which read: ‘’NANS against Xenophobic Attacks on Nigerians.’’ While the students marched, the security men stood and watched to ensure law and order.

The President of NANS, Mr Kadiri Aruna, said in an interview with News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) at DSTV office, a South African company, in Wuse 2, Abuja, that Nigerian students had resolved to condemn the attacks. “We are saying that enough is enough as South Africans have openly attacked and bullied Nigerians.’’ Aruna said that the protest would also serve as a warning to other countries trying to underrate Nigerians.

He said that after 48 hours, if nothing was done, messages would be sent to students in all university campuses to bring down MTN masts all over the country. Aruna said that DSTV and Shoprite would also be affected as the union had put adequate strategies in place to make the action effective. “All the South African business empires in Nigeria and their collaborators in Nigeria will be affected.

“I don’t want to say we will be barbaric but we will not be lawful in our actions, we will do it and face the consequences, enough of this rubbish,’’ he said. Aruna stressed that the poor treatment being meted out to Nigerians was particularly insulting given the role Nigeria played in ending the apartheid regime in South Africa.

“Nigeria contributed 80 per cent of the freedom the South Africans are enjoying today because we saved them from the jaws of apartheid. “Who is South Africa to humiliate Nigeria? So they forget things so soon, let them go back to history and records to see how much financial assistance and what the country did to save them,’’ he said. The union president said that the situation was inhuman and for this reason all reasonable Nigerians must react. “In science they say you use malaria to cure malaria, now you use madness to cure their madness, and that is why we are advising them to leave Nigerian soil before 48 hours.’’

He said that the Federal Government should not wait till the dying minute before evacuating Nigerians from South Africa. Aruna said it was time for government not to only condemn the attacks but take a firm stand by summoning South Africa’s high commissioner and if possible cut diplomatic ties with that country. “Government should take extra-diplomatic measures in dealing with the latest deadly assaults because if nothing drastic is done it will become a regular occurrence. “This is the time to place South Africa where it belongs,’’ he said.

He said that the last time the xenophobic attack happened nothing was done, no action was taken and no arrest was made and that was why South Africans repeated the attacks. Aruna said it was so unfortunate that during the attacks the South African Government refused to take up its responsibility of securing Nigerians and their properties.

“The government of South Africa is criminally quiet and they say silence is consent, and their police are folding their hands while they are killing Nigerians, this is conspiracy, enough is enough,’’ he said. He said the peaceful rally would continue and spread across the country. Over 50 police and, DSS operatives surrounded the DSTV premises and along the street making it impossible for newsmen to contact any DSTV officials for comments.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ibfred(m): 10:35am On Feb 24, 2017
Bruh, has anyone who applied on the 26th of January received their visa (study permit)? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: meeyna and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.