Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (312) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1733268 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Chukwuka16: 4:29pm On Mar 02, 2017
I collected my passport today with my study permit. To God be the glory. @Femiaction, @starggerlee, @shine1177 and everyone who contributed to this success I'm very grateful. To the hopefuls in the house make una pray wella and be at peace.
Submitted February 3rd
Processed application message received March 1st
Collected passport with study permit @lagos VFS March 2nd
Ukzn loading in a bit by God's grace.......

4 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by femiaction(m): 5:49pm On Mar 02, 2017
Chukwuka16:
I collected my passport today with my study permit. To God be the glory. @Femiaction, @starggerlee, @shine1177 and everyone who contributed to this success I'm very grateful. To the hopefuls in the house make una pray wella and be at peace.
Submitted February 3rd
Congrats brother we are expecting you in Durban.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Chukwuka16: 5:56pm On Mar 02, 2017
femiaction:
Congrats brother we are expecting you in Durban.
Thanks brother. Looking forward to meeting u guys.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 7:06pm On Mar 02, 2017
Juwohn:

I'm not defending the killing of a fellow African.
Good, you are a permanent resident. So how many legal immigrants have they killed in your city or province??

South Africans don't want you as a foreign national but do you as a Nigerian want your brother from another tribe? that's the question.
If we all unite as one and bridge this tribal gap there won't be any need of visiting their country, studying or even work there.

It's their country, and they have the right to fight against anyone that wants to pollute the sanity or integrity of their country.
That is what we lack as Nigerians.

Its their country and they have right to fight against anyone that pollutes their country, yea right including extra judicial killings. Nigeria is our country and that yeye communication company that sold sim card to terrorists we will deal with them extra judicially too.
Do you think is SA people that are not tribalistic? Zulus are not advised to marry Xhosas, you wait till white people leave and foreigners leave. The only reason ther tribal conflicts is not glaring now is because they have a common enemy which is white man.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bigerboy200: 7:37pm On Mar 02, 2017
satihel:
Good morning all
I saw this thread and was encouraged at the level of feedback and successes in visa application.

Please i need help. My husband was denied the south African visa at the Abuja office some time in January 2017. The reason of his visa reques was for a medical residency exchange program at the university of Kwazulu natal SA. We attached the relevant documents and also a letter of invitation from the school describing the details of the program.

In the rejection letter, they stated that if he attempts to re-apply, his application would not be attended to until 6 months from the date the rejection letter was issued. Unfortunately his program has started, and we had paid for his return ticket. This has made us shift his flight with its attendant cost. (very depressing). The reason for rejection were that the documents "not convincing" or credible (PS.All documents were legitimate)

My question is "can we reapply NOW despite the warning stated on the rejection letter. We had called some visa agencies and the feedback were mixed as some said nothing could be done about it until 6 months later and others said we should disregard the warning and reapply. The cost of reapplication and the possible shift in flight is really mind and pocket draining for us.

Kindly advice on what to do please.
this is strange..if we may ask, did he apply through an agent?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by niger2020(m): 8:16pm On Mar 02, 2017
ife01:
Yes please. PM?
Mail me bellajeff12@gmail.com
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Walewummi: 12:14pm On Mar 03, 2017
After the excruciating wait I got the anticipated message last evening and I got my Study permit today.

Now the problem is what should I do? International office said I can come in and register next week, my department hod said I can't meet up cos I've missed much part of the coursework+practicals as I'm going for a coursework and Research Msc. I don't want to waste Flight ticket and other expenses and be turned back o.

Abeg gurus advice me.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Silvabae: 1:26pm On Mar 03, 2017
Walewummi:
After the excruciating wait I got the anticipated message last evening and I got my Study permit today.

Now the problem is what should I do? International office said I can come in and register next week, my department hod said I can't meet up cos I've missed much part of the coursework+practicals as I'm going for a coursework and Research Msc. I don't want to waste Flight ticket and other expenses and be turned back o.

Abeg gurus advice me.
Congrats first
Gurus pls help o, I'm still waiting o since Feb 3rd.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:11pm On Mar 03, 2017
[quote author=Walewummi post=54206895][/quote]

Nigeria is not an advanced country! Besides i am a christian and will pray while acting on anything that concerns me hence my advice.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Walewummi: 6:48pm On Mar 03, 2017
Silvabae:

Congrats first
Gurus pls help o, I'm still waiting o since Feb 3rd.
I'm definite yours wouldn't pass next week. Allot of people were complaining today, some even came to check even though they haven't received the passport message alert.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 03, 2017
Walewummi:

Abeg gurus advice me.

HoD is the Boss here so pay good attention.
International Office are mostly admin staff who don't know jack about your course of study.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Adewole17: 9:00pm On Mar 03, 2017
chizzyconcept:
G

Hello the only recognized police for police is Alagbon at obalende at d back of immigration office. And it take like 45 minutes to come out. You do that day it comes out same day.

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Adewole17: 9:02pm On Mar 03, 2017
Chukwuka16:
Submitted February 3rd

Congrats i will surely submit by next week too
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Silvabae: 10:06pm On Mar 03, 2017
Processor01:

Nigeria is not an advanced country! Besides i am a christian and will pray while acting on anything that concerns me hence my advice.
Theres always the God factor in everything. Like I'm praying for my delay not to result in denial.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 7:12am On Mar 04, 2017
Thecassanova:

Ok I've no idea the high commission confirm the present amount in the account as at when they checking not the amount it was when the statement was issued.

Yes he can use the statement. All changed details should be well explained in his introductory letter. First Why he changed institution, why a new sponsor, plus all those letters of fundings attached. And don't forget sponsorship letter.

When is he supposed to resume at wits? Cos this study permit is taking longer than expected these days.

Please help, he re-applied as advised but rejected again making it the second time.
First, it was "bank statement lacked credibility", now it's "Insufficient funds"

I'm really confused now cos he has to resume before mid-March or cancel his admission.
Cancelling is a tough decision now cos of the amount spent so far.

The amount on the bank statement is roughly 500k naira, he has 18k rands paid already into the institution's account, the study his fully funded and he will be staying with me. I really don't know how much is needed to prove his financial capability.
Apparently, with the amount on ground, I don't think he would even need the 18k rands, 18k rands available already, free tuition, and free accommodation and all these information were detailed in his letters.

Advise please.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ifyalways(f): 11:06am On Mar 04, 2017
School fees paid or not, 500K as closing balance is highly insufficient .

You should have asked here before submitting. A minimum of 1M closing balance is okay.
Juwohn:

Please help, he re-applied as advised but rejected again making it the second time.
First, it was "bank statement lacked credibility", now it's "Insufficient funds"

I'm really confused now cos he has to resume before mid-March or cancel his admission.

The amount on the bank statement is roughly 500k naira, he has 18k rands paid already into the institution's account, the study his fully funded and he will be staying with me. I really don't know how much is needed to prove his financial capability.
Apparently, with the amount on ground, I don't think he would even need the 18k rands, 18k rands available already, free tuition, and free accommodation and all these information were detailed in his letters.

Advise please.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 11:26am On Mar 04, 2017
Juwohn:

Advise please.
Should have had atleast equivalent R50,000.
Even Many Phd fully funded study still have balance of over 1m just to be safe. The last time you asked if it was 500k you said it's the balance I would've told you to make it 1m.

He should apply immediately before Study permit application closes for non-Phd this year. You can make a deposit of 250k each 4times next week then withdraw 200k in between the week. Print up the statement on Friday then apply same Friday nextweek. Make sure you make necessary adjustments to introductory letter. All the best.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by charlesazeh(m): 4:29pm On Mar 04, 2017
Please my brother in law lives in SA with his family and operates 2 private companies.. he wants to send I and my family an invitation letter to visit Him so I want to know what and what he is to send and how to compose the letter and also the requirements from me for applying... I have 2 kids
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 5:09pm On Mar 04, 2017
Thecassanova:

Should have had atleast equivalent R50,000.
Even Many Phd fully funded study still have balance of over 1m just to be safe. The last time you asked if it was 500k you said it's the balance I would've told you to make it 1m.

He should apply immediately before Study permit application closes for non-Phd this year. You can make a deposit of 250k each 4times next week then withdraw 200k in between the week. Print up the statement on Friday then apply same Friday nextweek. Make sure you make necessary adjustments to introductory letter. All the best.

Thank you very much....now that it's end of the month, we have been able to raise above 1m but I have 2 concerns.

# Being the 2nd rejection, does this not tell on our integrity because I'm already giving up and advising him to wait till next year.
# Does he have to wait till Friday as a requirement please, as he's almost loosing his admission.

Can you please highlight the necessary adjustments please?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 5:11pm On Mar 04, 2017
ifyalways:
School fees paid or not, 500K as closing balance is highly insufficient .

You should have asked here before submitting. A minimum of 1M closing balance is okay.

Thanks, he will get a new statement and resubmit next week.
It's just worrisome that he's been denied 2wice, scared of what the third might be.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 5:50pm On Mar 04, 2017
Juwohn:

Thank you very much....now that it's end of the month, we have been able to raise above 1m but I have 2 concerns.

# Being the 2nd rejection, does this not tell on our integrity because I'm already giving up and advising him to wait till next year.
# Does he have to wait till Friday as a requirement please, as he's almost loosing his admission.

The integrity is about the account statement. Since the two rejections were based on that that's definitely what the VO would be focusing mainly on. So If the statement is above 1m apply immediately then. Maybe Monday.

If any sort of rejection comes after this then they never wanted to give him the permit in the first place.

About the self-introductory letter adjustments, just first acknowledge you've rectify the problem of last rejection (funds). Probably attach the rejection letter as reference, well they'll get to know anyways.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 6:00pm On Mar 04, 2017
Thecassanova:

The integrity is about the account statement. Since the two rejections were based on that that's definitely what the VO would be focusing mainly on. So If the statement is above 1m apply immediately then. Maybe Monday.

If any sort of rejection comes after this then they never wanted to give him the permit in the first place.

About the self-introductory letter adjustments, just first acknowledge you've rectify the problem of last rejection (funds). Probably attach the rejection letter as reference, well they'll get to know anyways.

Thank you very much, I really appreciate your advices.
He'll go re-apply again. I'm hopeful of a positive feedback this time.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 6:37pm On Mar 04, 2017
Juwohn:

The denials are getting worrisome . No point trying to raise money to lodge ,it will be denied again for lodgement . Look for some one with ovr 1m in the account and let the person draft letter stating he wil be sponsoring his program .ID card or passport attached .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Wummih: 6:46pm On Mar 04, 2017
Pls which bank ATM is working for withdrawal and Pos in SA?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by charlesazeh(m): 6:48pm On Mar 04, 2017
house pls i asked for help and no response to my post yet

charlesazeh:
Please my brother in law lives in SA with his family and operates 2 private companies.. he wants to send I and my family an invitation letter to visit Him so I want to know what and what he is to send and how to compose the letter and also the requirements from me for applying... I have 2 kids
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 7:18pm On Mar 04, 2017
samtol4:
The denials are getting worrisome . No point trying to raise money to lodge ,it will be denied again for lodgement . Look for some one with ovr 1m in the account and let the person draft letter stating he wil be sponsoring his program .ID card or passport attached .

If another sponsor is found, that makes it 3rd sponsor, Mum, Uncle and the new...won't that also raise suspicion?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 7:19pm On Mar 04, 2017
Wummih:
Pls which bank ATM is working for withdrawal and Pos in SA?

Hi, I'm aware that GT masterCard and AccessBank visa card work on POS and online but just about 1250-1300 rands.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 7:44pm On Mar 04, 2017
Walewummi:

Abeg gurus advice me.

Please go ahead I have heard these stories over and over again and the person still comes top of the class. You will cope very well

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 9:03pm On Mar 04, 2017
South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) - Travel - Nigeria
https://www.nairaland.com/3663498/south-african-border-officials-detain
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 9:33pm On Mar 04, 2017
Juwohn:

If another sponsor is found, that makes it 3rd sponsor, Mum, Uncle and the new...won't that also raise suspicion?
Sorry I didn't read that part . However ,Embassy don't expect d dad or uncle to have 1m overnight ,let him use a new sponsor with over 1million .He said fees up to 18krand was paid ,so he should be given irrespective of sponsors

(1) (2) (3) ... (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.