Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,703 members, 7,827,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (321) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1740173 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (916) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adeniyy01: 1:13pm On Apr 19, 2017
Please, can anyone here help me out? I submitted my application since 13th of march going to 6 weeks now, nd i've not heard from embassy concerning collection of my passport. I suppose travel last week 14th before easter, please, what could be the problem or has anyone on dat date gets his/ her passport back? Am worried oo. Can anyone tell me waz up on this? I called consumer care line nd d respondent said, high commission has not worked on date application.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by geekybabe(f): 2:47pm On Apr 19, 2017
samtol4:
I won't say come or not but if you decide to come ensure the following :
1.long term visa from Nigeria
2. Come with Skills .
3 Come with money
4 come with God .
No guarantee for jobs but if you have skills you survival and save money for better things . For your postgraduate studies SA is 20times better than Nigeria . Don't waste away in Nigeria if you want to pursue postgraduate studies There are schools in SA that offer free tuition for masters and PhD is there any in Nigeria ?. Nigeria is a great country and is good to be patriotic no doubt ,but patriotism won't pay bills .
Above all South Africa remains the gateway to Europe and Canada .

Gateway to evry other freaking continent. Australia, South america, Asia. lol. I am loosing count of friends who went to study in SA and have moved on to other countries legally.

Nice writeup smiley

4 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 10:13pm On Apr 19, 2017
geekybabe:

Gateway to evry other freaking continent. Australia, South america, Asia. lol. I am loosing count of friends who went to study in SA and have moved on to other countries legally.

Nice writeup smiley
That is true ..Canadian visa takes 5-6 days and Australia work permit takes 7days to 14days ! Is this obtainable in Nigeria ?funny enough some people running down the economy of SA and advising people shouod not come collected various scholarship and grants in SA ,which they use to buy land in Nigeria ,yet the place is bad ?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 10:16pm On Apr 19, 2017
adeniyy01:

Please, can anyone here help me out? I submitted my application since 13th of march going to 6 weeks now, nd i've not heard from embassy concerning collection of my passport. I suppose travel last week 14th before easter, please, what could be the problem or has anyone on dat date gets his/ her passport back? Am worried oo. Can anyone tell me waz up on this? I called consumer care line nd d respondent said, high commission has not worked on date application.

Check their website for email and write to them .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Alric: 7:52am On Apr 20, 2017
l submitted my application for a short time visit to south africa on the 14th of March 2017 and l got a message the following day that it has been dispatched but up till now l have gotten a message if the visa has been granted or not today been 20th of April 2017. l have already tracked it and it states ' under proccessing at the south africa embassy" what more can l do l need?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ifyalways(f): 8:47am On Apr 20, 2017
Nothing but patience.
Alric:
l submitted my application for a short time visit to south africa on the 14th of March 2017 and l got a message the following day that it has been dispatched but up till now l have gotten a message if the visa has been granted or not today been 20th of April 2017. l have already tracked it and it states ' under proccessing at the south africa embassy" what more can l do l need?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:56pm On Apr 20, 2017
geekybabe:

Nice writeup smiley

Hey Geekybabe, sent you a PM.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by geekybabe(f): 10:11pm On Apr 20, 2017
Processor01:

Hey Geekybabe, sent you a PM.

Already replied
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adeniyy01: 1:48pm On Apr 24, 2017
Good day here, i've called and email sa embassy here in Lagos concerning my application that I submitted since 13th of March, still no result. Please is anyone experiencing the same issue? Or what is maximum date to process visiting visa? 6 working weeks today. Hian
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Adewole17: 3:28pm On Apr 24, 2017
adeniyy01:
Good day here, i've called and email sa embassy here in Lagos concerning my application that I submitted since 13th of March, still no result. Please is anyone experiencing the same issue? Or what is maximum date to process visiting visa? 6 working weeks today. Hian

Same with me o, i also submitted the same day as yours, mine is study Visa i have not heard anything oo, i don call tire self. Please who knows what could be happening?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abolade15(m): 5:19pm On Apr 24, 2017
adeniyy01:

I submitted mine on 2nd of march...no update as I write.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 24, 2017
[quote author=abolade15 post=55876290][/quote]

I submitted my application for study visa on the 7th of March. After going on six weeks without an update , I got agitated and called the embassy last week, the lady who responded told me study visa application normally takes six to eight weeks (though some may get theirs before then) and that there is absolutely nothing to worry about.
It calmed my frayed nerves a bit and I hope it does yours too. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sesther(m): 9:04pm On Apr 24, 2017
Hello house. I want to spend 6 days in durban just for tourism, how much is enough to spend on the average?
where can I get cheaper rands to buy in lagos and how much?
Then how much is bus fair from Johannesburg to Durban?
Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by geekybabe(f): 7:36pm On Apr 25, 2017
sesther:
Hello house. I want to spend 6 days in durban just for tourism, how much is enough to spend on the average?
where can I get cheaper rands to buy in lagos and how much?
Then how much is bus fair from Johannesburg to Durban?
Thanks
Depends. The bus carrier (intercity express) dat moves from o.r Tambo airport in jburg to durban station charges btwn 220 to 300 rands per trip. Check computicket.com for prices for your specified dates.

Cant give an estimate of how much u will spend per day. Cos u gotta factor in accomodation, transportation, snd feeding. Feeding is quite cheap, but transportation is expensive cos u will be using cabs most times. Durban public transport can be pretty confusing to use. Your budget will determine your expenses.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by demmysoft: 8:16pm On Apr 25, 2017
geekybabe:

Depends. The bus carrier (intercity express) dat moves from o.r Tambo airport in jburg to durban station charges btwn 220 to 300 rands per trip. Check computicket.com for prices for your specified dates.

Cant give an estimate of how much u will spend per day. Cos u gotta factor in accomodation, transportation, snd feeding. Feeding is quite cheap, but transportation is expensive cos u will be using cabs most times. Durban public transport can be pretty confusing to use. Your budget will determine your expenses.

its depend, hotel in Durban for moderate one is in the range of 300 Rands. the one l stayed last month is union hotel @ 132 west street, Durban

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by motorized: 8:18pm On Apr 25, 2017
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by geekybabe(f): 8:20pm On Apr 25, 2017
demmysoft:

its depend, hotel in Durban for moderate one is in the range of 300 Rands. the one l stayed last month is union hotel @ 132 west street, Durban

Lol. Hotel on west street?? With all dat noise? How did u cope? There are hotels of dat price range in more serene and cool environments. Alternatively the poster can look for b & b.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sesther(m): 7:19am On Apr 26, 2017
geekybabe:

Thanks for this info. I already have a place to stay and my cousin has sent his resident permit. Looking at 3k rands for 6 days including bus fare to and fro Durban.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sesther(m): 7:21am On Apr 26, 2017
geekybabe:

Pls what about sim cards. I have glo and mtn, is it better to buy S.A.sim or to roam with my mtn n glo? Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by geekybabe(f): 7:25am On Apr 26, 2017
sesther:

Pls what about sim cards. I have glo and mtn, is it better to buy S.A.sim or to roam with my mtn n glo? Thanks

Roaming is more expensive.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by slumcat(m): 9:17am On Apr 26, 2017
does anyone know any good guest house or hotel that costs around R500 per day around Jo'burg or Pretoria?.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 10:03am On Apr 26, 2017
sesther:

Thanks for this info. I already have a place to stay and my cousin has sent his resident permit. Looking at 3k rands for 6 days including bus fare to and fro Durban.
3krand is okay for 6days since you wil be staying with cousin .

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by obaxlove(m): 10:24am On Apr 26, 2017
samtol4:
SA embassy do not conduct interviews for visa ,however on few occasion applicant maybe called on phone to clarify few issues before visa is issued .Hence when he was called his number perhaps was not reachable . He should re-apply and state his case .

Please can you give me few schools that can offer free tuition for Msc or PhD. pls.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sesther(m): 10:44am On Apr 26, 2017
geekybabe:

Roaming is more expensive.
Thanks, I will get sim there,
Where can I lowest rates of S.A. rand in Lagos?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Js22621: 4:23pm On Apr 26, 2017
Goodday House,pls pls! anyone with idea of a perfect cargo/courier means from south Africa (Pretoria or Jo'burg) to nigeria with considerable charges?? Pls ideas,suggestions are needed.Thanks all
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 26, 2017
motorized:
Dear All, please can you kindly recommend schools in South Africa that offer free masters programs or at least cheap tuition fees? Please help

Stop being lazy! If truly you intend to go to school for a master's program then you should learn to do some basic research using google - help yourself!

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Chukwuka16: 6:26pm On Apr 26, 2017
I know of UKZN (offering fee remission for research masters and PhD studies). You should check out ukzn.ac.za and surf through the site depending on your specialization. Try emailing a lecturer who is doing something similar to your area of interest. As usual package your CV and a brief proposal with motivation. Do that for a couple of lecturers (not bugging though and spaced) to get one who is willing to supervise you. Please set in motion the processing of your SAQA as it takes time especially when Nigerian universities are involved.
I was lucky to have enormous help and didn't really stress on the application side. I hope other members throw in some help though.

obaxlove:

Please can you give me few schools that can offer free tuition for Msc or PhD. pls.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 9:51pm On Apr 26, 2017
House please, I'm in need of a police clearance from Nigeria but currently in SA.

Do I have to go get it in Lagos, or the Nigerian embassy assists with this?
I've tried to search online but no clue.

Thanks in Anticipation

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (916) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: Opeyinka(f), bobodudu100 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.