Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (318) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1733337 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 6:24am On Apr 06, 2017
Processor01:

Thanks - no longer interested. The rand is falling.

Falling so fast like a pack of cards

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by liv123: 7:33am On Apr 06, 2017
Tomorrow will make it tow months since I summited my application
And I call and call and call and call and call the embassy doesn't pick

Anyone having the same thing ?or only me
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:43am On Apr 07, 2017
Submitted on 3rd March and got a text to pick up today. The visa was denied on ground of insufficient funds. What should be my minimum balance and do I have to pay all the visa application fee again? I need to travel to be in S.A. by 4th May. The application for myself and spouse was denied. Please advise.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sesther(m): 12:57pm On Apr 07, 2017
Toptop123:
Submitted on 3rd March and got a text to pick up today. The visa was denied on ground of insufficient funds. What should be my minimum balance and do I have to pay all the visa application fee again? I need to travel to be in S.A. by 4th May. The application for myself and spouse was denied. Please advise.
How much was your balance when you submitted
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by demmysoft: 7:06pm On Apr 07, 2017
welf99:
Hello Everyone...Got my critical skill visa today...approved after 5 days processing! I got all the info via this forum. God bless you all. If you have any relevant info regarding how to get a Job in SA please share. Am an IT professional.

I am interested in the critical skill visa, kindly advise and qoute me on how you did it, l am an IT professional too.

I have been following the thread but not really clear about critical skills visa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by otunbabadok(m): 8:31pm On Apr 07, 2017
otunbabadok:
Hello house, please I need help as to the type of marriage certificate allowed at the south African embassy. I want to know if marriage certificate by religious affiliation is allowed
Somebody should please reply this
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by welf99: 9:07pm On Apr 07, 2017
demmysoft:

I am interested in the critical skill visa, kindly advise and qoute me on how you did it, l am an IT professional too.

I have been following the thread but not really clear about critical skills visa.

Basically most info about this visa category is available here but IT professional specific info...see below
1. SAQA - WWW.saqa.org.za to evaluate your academic credential and issue you the result
2. IITPSA - WWW.iitpsa.org.za for membership and issuance of confirmation of skills and work experience. read about the requirement on this site
3. note that you need a minimum of 5 years work experience to stand a chance.
4. Your occupation or profession must be on the critical skill list approved by home affairs
5. go to WWW.dha.gov.za to read about visa application requirement
6. this visa is issued for 5 years. it allows you to work as a professional in the republic
7. you can apply for permanent residence immediately
8. you can work and change employer at will
9. you can study part time with this permit
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tweb1: 6:49pm On Apr 08, 2017
welf99:

Basically most info about this visa category is available here but IT professional specific info...see below
1. SAQA - WWW.saqa.org.za to evaluate your academic credential and issue you the result
2. IITPSA - WWW.iitpsa.org.za for membership and issuance of confirmation of skills and work experience. read about the requirement on this site
4. Your occupation or profession must be on the critical skill list approved by home affairs
6. this visa is issued for 5 years. it allows you to work as a professional in the republic

Can you use the permit to work in a different area from the one you applied for? For example i am a geophysicist, after obtaining critical skill permit as a geophysicist, can i work as a programmer while looking for a geophysics job?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by welf99: 9:24pm On Apr 08, 2017
tweb1:

Can you use the permit to work in a different area from the one you applied for? For example i am a geophysicist, after obtaining critical skill permit as a geophysicist, can i work as a programmer while looking for a geophysics job?
honestly you are expected to work in the occupation area applied for but the truth is that your permit doesn't have any restriction stated on it. don't forget that you are required to report at home affairs with prove of employment.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:20pm On Apr 08, 2017
welf99:

honestly you are expected to work in the occupation area applied for but the truth is that your permit doesn't have any restriction stated on it. don't forget that you are required to report at home affairs with prove of employment.

With Gigaba leaving for another portfolio, does this affect the plans of DHA on long term?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tweb1: 3:10pm On Apr 09, 2017
welf99:

So what then happens when you can only report of an employment in a different field?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by welf99: 4:25pm On Apr 09, 2017
Keneking:

With Gigaba leaving for another portfolio, does this affect the plans of DHA on long term?

I don't think Gigaba leaving for another portfolio will affect anything because DHA reviews its immigration policy from time to time. And the policy in use today was reviewed in 2014. other amendments were also made as it relates to refugees, asylum seeker and people from southern block.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by welf99: 4:41pm On Apr 09, 2017
tweb1:

So what then happens when you can only report of an employment in a different field?

I think you need to speak with an immigration lawyer or consultant in SA about it for professional advise, if that amount to a violation of your TRP. You can also contact your professional body for job opportunities in your field.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 5:38pm On Apr 09, 2017
S.A. is going into recession soon unless a miracle happens
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 09, 2017
welf99:

I don't think Gigaba leaving for another portfolio will affect anything because DHA reviews its immigration policy from time to time. And the policy in use today was reviewed in 2014. other amendments were also made as it relates to refugees, asylum seeker and people from southern block.

I see the brain behind the reforms - past and planned future leaving with his thoughts.
The new appointee Prof.(can't remember his name) may not consolidate on the anticipated reforms.
Malusi Gigaba should have been left to finalise the current reviews.
The young Black South African has stepped into very big shoes; I don't know what JZ was thinking about - with his recent cabinet reshuffle sef undecided
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 09, 2017
staggerlee:
S.A. is going into recession soon unless a miracle happens

Are you saying this because of Standards & Poor, Moody downgrade undecided
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 8:08pm On Apr 09, 2017
Keneking:

Are you saying this because of Standards & Poor, Moody downgrade undecided

Moodys is going same way too this week, the ANC finance committee has warned of a possible recession
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 09, 2017
staggerlee:

Moodys is going same way too this week, the ANC finance committee has warned of a possible recession

The SA economy is resilient and recession would not go beyond a quarter.

I note that the whites are the ones leading the call for JZ to be evicted.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 10:42pm On Apr 09, 2017
Keneking:

The SA economy is resilient and recession would not go beyond a quarter.

I note that the whites are the ones leading the call for JZ to be evicted.
Na so we go dey talk, with a very lazy work force and foreign investment depleting South Africa can not survive a recession easily. Next thing is xenophobic attacks and campaign to reclaim the land will start.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:06am On Apr 10, 2017
welf99:

Hello sir,

I am a senior solution developer and certified. I am interested in this. Can you help me out?

Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by welf99: 3:33pm On Apr 10, 2017
wellman56:

Hello sir,

I am a senior solution developer and certified. I am interested in this. Can you help me out?

Thanks.

Hello, This section is DIY....read through the pages for better understanding or simply google it out, its not that complicated.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 10:26pm On Apr 10, 2017
PRETORIA (Reuters) - South Africa's central bank on Monday warned that the recent cabinet reshuffle that saw the finance minister fired and the country's credit relegated to "junk" could pressure the rand and accelerate inflation as inventors sold off local assets.

The rand has slipped nearly 12 percent since March 27 when President Jacob Zuma recalled then-finance minister Pravin Gordhan from an international roadshow, before firing him later that week.

Last week S&P Global and Fitch cut the country's sovereign credit rating to subinvestment on the back of Gordhan's axing, both saying his departure raised the risk of a fiscal policy shift.

"Rising uncertainty about the future of economic policy could prompt capital outflows in anticipation of such downgrades," the Reserve Bank (SARB) said in its annual Monetary Policy Review.

The bank said the biggest risk to its policy aim of keeping consumer prices below 6 percent was the weakening exchange rate.

"Domestically the situation has been challenging ... it has been making policy-making very difficult," he told a news conference after the Reserve Bank (SARB) released the review.

In March the bank kept its benchmark repo rate unchanged at 7 percent, citing re-emerging risks to the exchange rate. It added then that it had reached the end of its tightening cycle which has seen it lift rates by a cumulative 200 basis points since 2014. [nL5N1H74WI]

"The risk is that the rand could follow a more depreciated path than expected, which would, other things being equal, raise inflation," the bank said in the statement.
Prior to that meeting, forward rate agreements were pricing in at least one rate cut by 25 basis points in 2017, but on Monday the forward markets were pricing zero percent probability of a cut this year.

In response to questions from Reuters on Monday the bank said it would stick to setting benchmark lending rates rather than intervene in the exchange markets. [nJ8N1BY02B]

"We would consider becoming involved if the orderly functioning of the foreign exchange markets is under threat, guided by financial stability considerations," Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank (SARB) Daniel Mminele said in emailed responses to questions.

http://af.reuters.com/article/investingNews/idAFKBN17C22M-OZABS?pageNumber=1&virtualBrandChannel=0
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 11, 2017
staggerlee:
PRETORIA (Reuters) - South Africa's central bank on Monday warned that the recent cabinet reshuffle that saw the finance minister fired and the country's credit relegated to "junk" could pressure the rand and accelerate inflation as inventors sold off local assets.

The rand has slipped nearly 12 percent since March 27 when President Jacob Zuma recalled then-finance minister Pravin Gordhan from an international roadshow, before firing him later that week.

"The risk is that the rand could follow a more depreciated path than expected, which would, other things being equal, raise inflation," the bank said in the statement.

http://af.reuters.com/article/investingNews/idAFKBN17C22M-OZABS?pageNumber=1&virtualBrandChannel=0

So what alternatives for businesses outside ZAR? Nigeria or Zimbabwe?
Local businesses have got no choice - either cooperating with Malusi Gigaba or managing the situation till JZ's election in 2019.
For forex, SACB would simply intervene periodically as mandated by law to protect the economy.
Rands is still one of the stable and strong currency in the whole continent at least better than "useless" NGN grin

My thoughts though grin
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 11:28pm On Apr 11, 2017
Keneking:

So what alternatives for businesses outside ZAR? Nigeria or Zimbabwe?
Local businesses have got no choice - either cooperating with Malusi Gigaba or managing the situation till JZ's election in 2019.
For forex, SACB would simply intervene periodically as mandated by law to protect the economy.
Rands is still one of the stable and strong currency in the whole continent at least better than "useless" NGN grin

My thoughts though grin

You really don't understand how the currency work. First i will teach you some basic economics. Our economy in Nigeria is not credit driven, south Africa is. This is potential danger now that in under 10 years S.A. credit ratings have gone from A+ to junk status. SARB has ajusted lending rate from 4% to 7% in 4 years. And will review upwards soon because of junk. In S.A. you hardly see anyone buying cars in cash they do it on credit and the instalment will go far up now, same goes for mortgage and credit cards. Now there will be massive job cuts and since SA is more or less a capitalist society, going into business will be hard.
In nigeria we are not controlled by indices we see on paper. We have so much informal sector, we are used to economic changes and the worst that can happen has passed. We dont rely on FG for anything. Unlike S.A. 17 million people out of 54million are on social grants how will govt continue funding the scheme. If they stop more chaos in the system.
Another thing you should look out, a lot of people that migrated lawfully outside nigeria did so for economic reasons, so if the economy of your host country starts to shake immigrants will feel it more. Especially in a country that is known to be xenophobic. Its better to be in one's home country with a bad economy than to be in a foreign country that has a bad economy.

Even without junk status South African rands is one of the most volitile currencies in the world. It is affrcted by so many factors. Price of commodities such as gold, political such as if zuma sneeze rand go shake, it also affected by currency speculators recently banks were indicted for this.

Malaysia has a very week currency compared to the US dollar but they are one of the best economy in the world. If an economy can stabilise its currency no matter the rate the country will do well. The problem with naija currency of late its the fluctuation of the nair even if it is 1000 naira to $1 let it be stable naija will adjust.

Finally, if (and i repeat if) zuma goes in 2019, he will put his stooge probably his ex wife to continue his legacy. Believe ANC will win again and zuma has majority of support forget the media. Already there is a campaign to take back the land from the whites and this time they will do it because that will appease people towardsANC. The protests last week was termeda racists protests, EFF's own tomorrow might be bloody. 2019 in S.A. is too long to hope for unless zuma goes today, which is impossible he has the country by its balls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chelseabmw(m): 11:35pm On Apr 11, 2017
Processor01:

I have FNB but only willing to deal at N28.

I have 15k u interested?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:36am On Apr 12, 2017
staggerlee:

You really don't understand how the currency work. First i will teach you some basic economics. Our economy in Nigeria is not credit driven, south Africa is. This is potential danger now that in under 10 years S.A. credit ratings have gone from A+ to junk status. SARB has ajusted lending rate from 4% to 7% in 4 years. And will review upwards soon because of junk. In S.A. you hardly see anyone buying cars in cash they do it on credit and the instalment will go far up now, same goes for mortgage and credit cards. Now there will be massive job cuts and since SA is more or less a capitalist society, going into business will be hard.
In nigeria we are not controlled by indices we see on paper. We have so much informal sector, we are used to economic changes and the worst that can happen has passed. We dont rely on FG for anything. Unlike S.A. 17 million people out of 54million are on social grants how will govt continue funding the scheme. If they stop more chaos in the system.
Another thing you should look out, a lot of people that migrated lawfully outside nigeria did so for economic reasons, so if the economy of your host country starts to shake immigrants will feel it more. Especially in a country that is known to be xenophobic. Its better to be in one's home country with a bad economy than to be in a foreign country that has a bad economy.

Even without junk status South African rands is one of the most volitile currencies in the world. It is affrcted by so many factors. Price of commodities such as gold, political such as if zuma sneeze rand go shake, it also affected by currency speculators recently banks were indicted for this.

Malaysia has a very week currency compared to the US dollar but they are one of the best economy in the world. If an economy can stabilise its currency no matter the rate the country will do well. The problem with naija currency of late its the fluctuation of the nair even if it is 1000 naira to $1 let it be stable naija will adjust.

Finally, if (and i repeat if) zuma goes in 2019, he will put his stooge probably his ex wife to continue his legacy. Believe ANC will win again and zuma has majority of support forget the media. Already there is a campaign to take back the land from the whites and this time they will do it because that will appease people towardsANC. The protests last week was termeda racists protests, EFF's own tomorrow might be bloody. 2019 in S.A. is too long to hope for unless zuma goes today, which is impossible he has the country by its balls

So what is your point. Businesses have no choice than to cooperate with Gigaba and endure till 2019. Investors have no option but stay put.

Zuma's wife would emerge as the First Black SA President. Cyril Ramaphosa is being schemed out politically from succeeding JZ. The Women's league of ANC has the support of JZ.

Even if the ConCourt approves secret ballot for the vote of no confidence in Parliament, the Parliament can't be dissolved.

Unfortunately the guy people think can protect the treasury from State capture is gone forever. The economy would grow and remain stable. With downgrades here and there all these are political. The Guptas' have the country in their pockets already. Do you think their investments can go for a toss?

Anyway, which ever way you look at it, earning ZAR is far better than NGN both in short and long term perspective.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 12, 2017
chelseabmw:

I have 15k u interested?

Sorry, i made that offer when official ZAR/NGN was at N25 but the NGN is appreciating while the ZAR is depreciating.
ZAR/NGN is N22 today - i will now only deal at N25.

Please, no pressure - you don't have to sell and i don't necessarily have to buy.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Larrywax2016: 12:07pm On Apr 12, 2017
Please House, who has got info on how to practice as a Medical Laboratory Scientist in RSA?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 12:24pm On Apr 12, 2017
Keneking:

So what is your point. Businesses have no choice than to cooperate with Gigaba and endure till 2019. Investors have no option but stay put.

Zuma's wife would emerge as the First Black SA President. Cyril Ramaphosa is being schemed out politically from succeeding JZ. The Women's league of ANC has the support of JZ.

Even if the ConCourt approves secret ballot for the vote of no confidence in Parliament, the Parliament can't be dissolved.

Unfortunately the guy people think can protect the treasury from State capture is gone forever. The economy would grow and remain stable. With downgrades here and there all these are political. The Guptas' have the country in their pockets already. Do you think their investments can go for a toss?

Anyway, which ever way you look at it, earning ZAR is far better than NGN both in short and long term perspective.

Making money in ZAR is better based on perspective, there are more millionaires in usd in Nigeria than S.A. it also depend on what you do. I am an entrepreneur and the opportunities am seeing in Nigeria i never saw it in S.A. i do not believe in a capitalist economy, the same people that own bread factories own the banks. 80% of the land in S.A. is owned by 5000 white families. That explains why the same bread you see in cape town is what you see in jozi. Even to set up a bread making factory in S.A. na its impossible you have to franchise from existing factories like Albany or Sasco. With credit downgrade we will see and continue this in 2 years' time

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.