Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (325) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1727877 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by liv123: 8:24am On May 19, 2017
Hello house Have anyone use this site. ( icarrygo.com.com ) for flight booking I was scared of paying
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ladylco: 8:32am On May 19, 2017
Please what is the processing time for visiting visa now, how long will the application take before the passport is out?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by liv123: 10:42am On May 19, 2017
ladylco:
Please what is the processing time for visiting visa now, how long will the application take before the passport is out?
30 working days normally

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by larrywax: 11:27am On May 19, 2017
Good observation bro...I noticed that too. To all the gurus, we appreciate you more than u can ever imagine! Abi Southy no dey give pipu visa again?
America001:
uncle liv123, I forgot to include you...kilonshele gan gan ni? Una no get visa abi una get abandon this thread? Either way you guys have kept quiet too long for you to be unnoticed. I have a question please, if I make a hotel booking through agoda.com, is it not a third-party booking? But the truth is, that's where I've been able to get good deals. This thread is damn too quiet unlike before, nawao
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by larrywax: 11:29am On May 19, 2017
A friend of mine's own spent 1 month; he suited on 13 of April and got it on 12th of May.
ladylco:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by larrywax: 11:42am On May 19, 2017
From my experience, I think its far cheaper buying from Nigeria, u just have to play around with ur dates & keep checking every time. Use www.wakanow.com or www.travel start.com.ng...they are both good.

Note: As a 1st time traveller, don't use Ethiopia o...Rwandair & Kenya good.
DViewer:
Please anyone here who can assist me with paying and booking for my flight. I have been granted visa to south africa. I don't know how to go about the booking and paying...

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by America001: 1:36pm On May 19, 2017
larrywax:
Good observation bro...I noticed that too. To all the gurus, we appreciate you more than u can ever imagine! Abi Southy no dey give pipu visa again?
Thanks for concurring. This thread has a moderator, right? And other gurus wey don go this road before us. Una quietness no help us oh. I don finally submit yesterday, let the countdown begin

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by geekybabe(f): 6:13pm On May 19, 2017
kingi777:

Do you mean paying for the hotels booked for or flight? Please clarify cuz I will be in Durban early next month as I was given multiple entry visa. I'm hoping to get cheap hotels close to Durban university of technology. I would like to know if I can use access ATM visa card to withdraw the maximum $100 dollars allowed. What about FCMB & UBA MasterCard? Hope there are Nigerians in Durban?

Only Acess and Gtbank cards work here. You can't withdraw. You can only swipe in malls. $100 is about 1200 rands..cos d banks first convert to ngn den convert to rands. Value for money drops.
Also note that banks charge about 26 naira for 1 rand now. They dont use direct international rates.

DUT is in berea. Most hotels around there would be expensive. Look out for bnb alternatives.

Nigerians are in evry corner of southern africa. Many nigerian students r in dut.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 7:15pm On May 19, 2017
kingi777:

Do you mean paying for the hotels booked for or flight? Please clarify cuz I will be in Durban early next month as I was given multiple entry visa. I'm hoping to get cheap hotels close to Durban university of technology. I would like to know if I can use access ATM visa card to withdraw the maximum $100 dollars allowed. What about FCMB & UBA MasterCard? Hope there are Nigerians in Durban?
ATM can't withdraw unless you are using dollar account

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 7:17pm On May 19, 2017
geekybabe:

Only Acess and Gtbank cards work here. You can't withdraw. You can only swipe in malls. $100 is about 1200 rands..cos d banks first convert to ngn den convert to rands. Value for money drops.
Also note that banks charge about 26 naira for 1 rand now. They dont use direct international rates.

DUT is in berea. Most hotels around there would be expensive. Look out for bnb alternatives.

Nigerians are in evry corner of southern africa. Many nigerian students r in dut.
Last time Access ATM card rate was @29naira to 1rand . This is not favourable or has the rate change ?

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kingi777: 9:22pm On May 19, 2017
samtol4:
ATM can't withdraw unless you are using dollar account
Does FCMB dollar account work there cuz that's where I have my dollar account?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kingi777: 9:28pm On May 19, 2017
geekybabe:

Thanks for the clarification. Hope the POS swipe works with any ATM card such as VISA, VERVE OR MASTERCARD irrespective of the bank?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by geekybabe(f): 10:20pm On May 19, 2017
kingi777:

Thanks for the clarification. Hope the POS swipe works with any ATM card such as VISA, VERVE OR MASTERCARD irrespective of the bank?
I already answered your question. Only acess and gtb cards work here.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 8:24am On May 20, 2017
kingi777:

Does FCMB dollar account work there cuz that's where I have my dollar account?
dollar account works but am talking about normal naira account

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:47am On May 20, 2017
geekybabe:

Actually 29 for GTB and 28.5 for Access.

Keep in mind the CBN did a 'technical' devaluation of the Naira so dollar/naira rate moved from 320/325 to 375/380 on all cards.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by aamgroup: 6:14pm On May 20, 2017
Please house quick one.. i need to know if one can use the 5cm x 5cm passport photograph for SA visa application.. .. thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ifyalways(f): 6:38pm On May 20, 2017
aamgroup:
Please house quick one.. i need to know if one can use the 5cm x 5cm passport photograph for SA visa application.. .. thanks
No, theirs is much smaller. 5cm by 5cm is only used for US.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Locker1245: 1:45pm On May 21, 2017
Please can anyone help with a draft copy of self introductory letter for student permit to the SA High Commission? I would appreciate it! Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by belleombre: 7:11pm On May 21, 2017
HI guys, I am planning on applying for South African Study permit in few weeks. May you please send me a full list of the documents that I must submit.

I intend submitting in Abuja... Is submission done at the VFS office Monday to Friday or they have particular days when submission is done? Are there times as well?

Please and please respond guys
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 7:44pm On May 21, 2017
belleombre:
HI guys, I am planning on applying for South African Study permit in few weeks. May you please send me a full list of the documents that I must submit.

I intend submitting in Abuja... Is submission done at the VFS office Monday to Friday or they have particular days when submission is done? Are there times as well?

Locker1245:
Please can anyone help with a draft copy of self introductory letter for student permit to the SA High Commission? I would appreciate it! Thanks.

Read previous posts
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 8:34pm On May 21, 2017
belleombre:

Check the website . ( Google SA study permit requirement )
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Locker1245: 10:45pm On May 21, 2017
belleombre:

if you intend submitting in abuja and it is not phd i would suggest you hold on till the 1st week of June to go submit cos they aint collecting for other programs now... i tried last week and i was told to come back first week june
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Locker1245: 10:47pm On May 21, 2017
Thecassanova:

Read previous posts

we have 324 pages on this thread... it would have helped better if you gave me a specific page than saying read previous posts

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 11:30pm On May 21, 2017
Locker1245:

we have 324 pages on this thread... it would have helped better if you gave me a specific page than saying read previous posts
I just think since u need something u should be able to work towards getting more knowledge about it. What if we answer u on ur specific question but still has other things u didn't ADD?

Allot of us read the whole pages before asking questions for clarity or unasked QS. It's not just cool repeating stuffs every now and then.

About your question tho check through my post here, SamuelUmoh & dexcmd drafted one a while back.

4 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Locker1245: 2:38am On May 22, 2017
Thecassanova:

I just think since u need something u should be able to work towards getting more knowledge about it. What if we answer u on ur specific question but still has other things u didn't ADD?

Allot of us read the whole pages before asking questions for clarity or unasked QS. It's not just cool repeating stuffs every now and then.

About your question tho check through my post here, SamuelUmoh & dexcmd drafted one a while back.

Yes i understand you and i have read through majority of the post and the part i saw introduction letter talked about.. it was sent to the persons email. I could write one myself but i just needed a guide to be sure i am not overwriting or underwriting, that is my need for asking and i would appreciate anyone that could go through the pain to draft one for me or attach a copy
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Toksvik: 9:35am On May 22, 2017
i have a training from the 19th June 2017 and I have not applied yet? do you guys think I can still make it for the training say I apply on Wed 24th?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by America001: 12:20pm On May 22, 2017
Toksvik:
i have a training from the 19th June 2017 and I have not applied yet? do you guys think I can still make it for the training say I apply on Wed 24th?
You're joking right? This same SA embassy that I know will process your visitor visa that fast? Even when you submit they're gonna tell you 15-21 working days. That's like a whole month.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Toksvik: 12:30pm On May 22, 2017
isn't there priority visa anymore for SA visa?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 22, 2017
An someone show me how a genuine South African visa look like. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by America001: 5:16pm On May 22, 2017
Ceejayo:
An someone show me how a genuine South African visa look like. Thanks
Who would do that for you? A genuine visa contains vital private details which I know even the moderator will remove if uploaded. You may have to Google or find another way of getting it done
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Femcesc07(m): 7:25pm On May 22, 2017
Bro try to submit at ABJ for ha fast processing time
i guess it shouldn't take them more than 10 or 15days mazm
Toksvik:
isn't there priority visa anymore for SA visa?

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.