Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,218 members, 7,825,818 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (333) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1739299 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (916) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by happney65: 11:14am On Jun 18, 2017
akeem0502:

No, just make sure u have a return ticket and u have your invitation letter with you or ur hotel booking, if u use hotel booking make sure I repeat make sure you have paid a deposit to the hotel, cos at the POE they might call the hotel if u haven't paid na yawa o

Sent you a PM bro..Please Reply with a number I can reach you on

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cupid007: 12:08pm On Jun 18, 2017
Hello all,
I am in need of assistance, brethren who have gotten admission to kwazulu natal as research masters students. Did you get your supervisor from here or when you got there
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tweb1: 7:51am On Jun 19, 2017
Please have anyone heard of a success story for any recent graduate from a SA university from a critical skill field area who applied directly for permanent resident and was given?

I have the option of applying for critical skill permit or PR (base on the new regulation) but am not confident enough about the PR due to uncertainties.

Please gurus in the house should shed some light on this matter.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by geekybabe(f): 8:47am On Jun 19, 2017
cupid007:
Hello all,
I am in need of assistance, brethren who have gotten admission to kwazulu natal as research masters students. Did you get your supervisor from here or when you got there

You can get supervisor my sending direct mails to lecturers in your field and sharing your research interests with them.. you dont have to be in SA to do dat
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 9:51am On Jun 19, 2017
tweb1:
Please have anyone heard of a success story for any recent graduate from a SA university from a critical skill field area who applied directly for permanent resident and was given?

I have the option of applying for critical skill permit or PR (base on the new regulation) but am not confident enough about the PR due to uncertainties.

Please gurus in the house should shed some light on this matter.
A colleague got his PR aftr finishing PhD in social science using study permit . I assumed you are schooling or schooled in SA . if not I advise you get critical skill permit first and after few months apply for PR
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 9:53am On Jun 19, 2017
cupid007:
Hello all,
Different dept with different policies . In Education dept supervisor first before admission while in social sciences admission come first . Which discipline ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cupid007: 10:00am On Jun 19, 2017
samtol4:
Different dept with different policies . In Education dept supervisor first before admission while in social sciences admission come first . Which discipline ?

Chemical Engineering
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tweb1: 10:40am On Jun 19, 2017
samtol4:
A colleague got his PR aftr finishing PhD in social science using study permit . I assumed you are schooling or schooled in SA . if not I advise you get critical skill permit first and after few months apply for PR
Yes, I graduated last year from Wits. It was an honours program. Am still in SA and my permit would expire by december.

How long did it take your colleague to get the PR?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sekinatmi(f): 7:26pm On Jun 19, 2017
tweb1:

Yes, I graduated last year from Wits. It was an honours program. Am still in SA and my permit would expire by december.

Hi,Please i am also trying to apply for honours program but i want to confirm if you used saqa evaluation.I already sent my documents to saqa but it is taking forever for nipost registered mail to deliver since May 17th.I am interested in Statistics/Mathematical Statistics.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tweb1: 8:44pm On Jun 19, 2017
sekinatmi:

Hi,Please i am also trying to apply for honours program but i want to confirm if you used saqa evaluation.I already sent my documents to saqa but it is taking forever for nipost registered mail to deliver since May 17th.I am interested in Statistics/Mathematical Statistics.
Yes, I used SAQA evaluation for my application but I didn't ask them to send it to me in nigeria. I only asked my friend in SA to collect it for me from SAQA office and send a scanned copy to me which I used to apply for visa and also submitted a certified hard copy for me to the admission office.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 9:00pm On Jun 19, 2017
tweb1:

Why don't you apply for PR straight since you already have a certificate in a critical skill field?

No work experience or professional body needed. Mind you, you know you need to join a body and have those cumbersome documents for critical skills.

It's Just about confusing the home affairs how impact your skills would be. A colleague of mine that did honours last year, currently doing MSc now is putting up his documents together for PR application. PR is not as hard as we think it is, so far you graduated from SA with a scarce skills.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 19, 2017
Thecassanova:

Why don't you apply for PR straight since you already have a certificate in a critical skill field?

No work experience or professional body needed. Mind you, you know you need to join a body and have those cumbersome documents for critical skills.

It's Just about confusing the home affairs how impact your skills would be. A colleague of mine that did honours last year, currently doing MSc now is putting up his documents together for PR application. PR is not as hard as we think it is, so far you graduated from SA with a scarce skills.

Some questions:

- How many years is PR valid?
- Can one use the PR in another country other than RSA?
- Does one need to renew the PR certificate - in case ECOWAS passport expires?
- What is the implication of applying for PR in a city where you did not obtain your degree? Say degree was obtained in Free State and want to apply for PR in Gauteng/Mpumalanga?
- Can one get PR while abroad - I mean outside RSA?
- How much is PR application?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by aregal: 6:05am On Jun 20, 2017
Femcesc07:
Congrat,happy 4u bro
Glory to the Government officials concerned!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 10:39am On Jun 20, 2017
tweb1:

Two weeks in Lagos I heard in SA between two months or more . You are qualified for PR
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 10:43am On Jun 20, 2017
cupid007:

Chemical Engineering
contact the postgraduate office of your dept . Moreso check online for lecturers in your research area . university website willl give u all info
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 11:22am On Jun 20, 2017
Keneking:

Some questions:

- How many years is PR valid?
- Can one use the PR in another country other than RSA? No
- Does one need to renew the PR certificate - in case ECOWAS passport expires? No, PR not on passport
- What is the implication of applying for PR in a city where you did not obtain your degree? Say degree was obtained in Free State and want to apply for PR in Gauteng/Mpumalanga? YES, applicable
- Can one get PR while abroad - I mean outside RSA? YES
- How much is PR application?
Gurus can key in on the questions
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tweb1: 5:15pm On Jun 20, 2017
Thecassanova:

I am already a member of my professional body and I have a letter to that effect. Which other cumbersome document will I need?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 9:50am On Jun 21, 2017
The Wits University is pleased to announce the availability of fourteen fully funded Postgraduate Bursaries in different fields. These bursaries are available on the basis of competition for South African and Sub-Saharan African students.
The aim of the bursaries is to enable and encourage academically able students from South Africa.
The Wits University is a remarkable university that is internationally distinguished for its excellent research, high academic standards and commitment to social justice.
Course Level: These bursaries are available to pursue the master degree.
Study Subject: These bursaries are awarded in the following fields:
• Architecture in the field of Sustainable and Energy Efficient Cities (March (SEEC))
• Development Planning
• Built Environment in the field of Housing
• Urban Studies
Scholarship Award: These bursaries will cover the followings:
• Full tuition fee
• Monthly stipend (living
• Expenses including subsistence expenses, accommodation, other costs)
• Travel from home country/ place of origin is covered.
Numbers of Scholarships: Fourteen scholarships are available.
Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for these bursaries:
• South African citizens
• Citizens from other countries in sub-Saharan Africa
• Applicants must possess the requisite qualifications to be granted the scholarship. There is no age limit applying to scholarships for study purposes. However, at the time of the application, no more than 6 years should have passed since an applicant graduated from his/her previous bachelor or master studies. All scholarship applicants must have applied for admission to the relevant degree (as per above list) at Wits University and be in possession of a ‘person number’ which is issued upon application for admission.
Nationality: South African and Sub-Saharan African applicants are eligible for these bursaries.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be graduate.
Postgraduate Scholarship
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online mode.
• Once an application for admission into the relevant degree has been submitted, the candidate can proceed to complete the attached bursary application form, providing the ‘person number’ issued by Wits University.
Application Form
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 30, 2017.
Scholarship Link
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 11:30am On Jun 21, 2017
NRF - TWAS Doctoral Scholarships
NRF - TWAS African Renaissance Doctoral Scholarships
Call for 2018

The National Research Foundation (NRF) and The World Academy of Science (TWAS) are pleased to announce the NRF - TWAS Doctoral Scholarship and the NRF – TWAS African Renaissance Doctoral Scholarship call for 2018 academic year. This scholarship will support Doctoral scholars from Africa and developing countries with scholarship funding per annum for a maximum of three (3) years to pursue full-time research training in South Africa.

The doctoral scholarships will be awarded under two funding instruments annually as follows:
· NRF - TWAS Doctoral Scholarship funding instrument: 20 scholars from developing countries outside Africa; and
· NRF - TWAS African Renaissance Doctoral Scholarships funding instrument: 50 scholars from Africa.

The application deadline is Friday 21 July 2017. Applicants must apply on the NRF Online submission system at: https://nrfsubmission.nrf.ac.za and follow the application process set out in the attached framework document and application guide.

Please refer to the framework document when completing the online application form at every step of the process.

Please Note:
Institutions are required to set their own internal closing dates to enable validation by institutional DAs prior to submission to the NRF for review.

· Mrs Zikhona Lose: Professional Officer - Grants Management and Systems Administration (GMSA). Telephone: 012 481 4365. Email: zikhona.lose@nrf.ac.za

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
The NRF will not consider any application that is incomplete. It is the students responsibility to upload all the necessary documentation, such as copy of ID, academic records and other documents that is required by the NRF. The NRF Call documents clearly states what attachments are required. The Scholarships office will unfortunately not be able to assist in uploading outstanding documentation as we don’t have the capacity or facility to do so and we have a very short deadline to validate the online applications for the various NRF calls.
NO HARDCOPIES ARE REQUIRED. UKZN DOES NOT HAVE AN INTERNAL CLOSING DATE

Issued by the Scholarships Office

We would appreciate it if you could advertise the funding call and disseminate the information widely within your institution.

Attachments
NRF -TWAS_African Renaissance Doctoral Scholarships call for 2018_ Framework Document (002).pdf TWAS Doctoral Scholarships Application and Funding Guide 2018 (002).pdf
Notice Details
Category General
Posted Wednesday, June 21, 2017
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 12:32pm On Jun 22, 2017
20k rands available at 31 naira. Pm and mention. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by demmysoft: 2:36pm On Jun 22, 2017
Thecassanova:

@Thecassanova, am confused u said no professional body needed, on the other paragraph u still said " mind you, you know u need to join a body". kindly expatiate.

for gradute outside SA and the certificate falls under critical skill and has work experience required professional body for critical skills visa.

thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 22, 2017
Kentrasso:
20k rands available at 31 naira. Pm and mention. Thanks

Too high - PM let's talk.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Toks7: 11:31pm On Jun 22, 2017
Hello everyone can anyone help me out here by giving the best advice and way forward... I applied for a tourist/visitors visa in Abuja on the Wednesday 31st May and got a text message the following day Thursday June 1st that my application was processing already...the agent that helped me with the processing and arranging of my documents which were all Original including my bank statement told me I will receive another text message when the application was done processing in roughly 2weeks so I waited on the text. On not getting any text after close to two weeks I decided to go online nd track my application on VFS and it says application was ready for pick up as on the 5th June...to my amazement I called the agent and told him it was available for pick and maybe network problem that was why I didn't get any message...so I gave him my receipt and he went to pick the application today and to my surprise and outmost disbelief and sadness my application on as at getting it today was refused because they ticked it on the paper Documents lack credibility/unconvincing and below comments on the grounds above it reads: RSA LETTER NOT CONVINCING. NO OFFICIAL STAMP ON THE LETTER. I asked the agent why so and he replied that he didn't know the invitation letter he processed for me wasn't stamped and we would have to re apply ASAP...just one question house How true is the reapplication and what are my chances of been granted a visa if I re apply nd this time with a well convincing letter and stamped as well And any suggestions and advices for me please Cos I am putting all my resources time effort and money into this and I can't afford to be denialed again
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Toks7: 11:36am On Jun 23, 2017
Toks7:
Hello everyone can anyone help me out here by giving the best advice and way forward... I applied for a tourist/visitors visa in Abuja on the Wednesday 31st May and got a text message the following day Thursday June 1st that my application was processing already...the agent that helped me with the processing and arranging of my documents which were all Original including my bank statement told me I will receive another text message when the application was done processing in roughly 2weeks so I waited on the text. On not getting any text after close to two weeks I decided to go online nd track my application on VFS and it says application was ready for pick up as on the 5th June...to my amazement I called the agent and told him it was available for pick and maybe network problem that was why I didn't get any message...so I gave him my receipt and he went to pick the application today and to my surprise and outmost disbelief and sadness my application on as at getting it today was refused because they ticked it on the paper Documents lack credibility/unconvincing and below comments on the grounds above it reads: RSA LETTER NOT CONVINCING. NO OFFICIAL STAMP ON THE LETTER. I asked the agent why so and he replied that he didn't know the invitation letter he processed for me wasn't stamped and we would have to re apply ASAP...just one question house How true is the reapplication and what are my chances of been granted a visa if I re apply nd this time with a well convincing letter and stamped as well And any suggestions and advices for me please Cos I am putting all my resources time effort and money into this and I can't afford to be denialed again
someone please reply me I am very confused on what to do
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ibiangz(m): 1:19pm On Jun 23, 2017
Toks7:
someone please reply me I am very confused on what to do
you can reapply after six months. if you apply immediately, you'll be denied on the grounds of 'recently denied'
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 3:01pm On Jun 23, 2017
demmysoft:

@Thecassanova, am confused u said no professional body needed, on the other paragraph u still said " mind you, you know u need to join a body". kindly expatiate.

for gradute outside SA and the certificate falls under critical skill and has work experience required professional body for critical skills visa.

thank you.
I was referring that graduate of SA can apply for PR without joining a professional body while outside needs professional skills to apply for Critical Skills.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chima1978: 4:10pm On Jun 23, 2017
ponle1976:

When did you apply?
How far with your application?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chima1978: 4:17pm On Jun 23, 2017
Toks7:
Hello, I am no visa expert but from what I have read from you, the invitation letter was a forgery. Why does your agent have to write you an invitation letter? He is not inviting you to SA is he? To be honest, I will advise you not to apply for a while because most likely you will be denied again.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 6:57pm On Jun 23, 2017
3krand available . At the rate of 29
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Toks7: 9:32pm On Jun 23, 2017
Ibiangz:

you can reapply after six months. if you apply immediately, you'll be denied on the grounds of 'recently denied'
the agent says he I will have to re apply since they only refused me based on my invitation not stamped and more so I was not stamped refusal on my passport I only got a white paper between my passport stating the unconvincing letter nd not stamped as reasons for the refusal...both I plan on re applying at Lagos embassy this time around and with a better invitation letter and officially stamped...I hope I get it this time around *fingers crossed*
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Toks7: 9:38pm On Jun 23, 2017
chima1978:
Hello, I am no visa expert but from what I have read from you, the invitation letter was a forgery. Why does your agent have to write you an invitation letter? He is not inviting you to SA is he? To be honest, I will advise you not to apply for a while because most likely you will be denied again.
that was the mistake I did allowing and placing that in his hands but now I plan on getting the invitation from an uncle that as permanent stay in SA...if I don't re apply it will be a total loss for me...it's better I take the risk of re applying since I wasn't stamped refusal on my passport and more so I only got refused over invitation not stamped which was genuine and valid but lacked only the official stamp

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (916) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.